PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Bird doesn't spawn in Misguided Intelligence Mission

MadPeav
13th Nov 2015, 05:00
Moderator note: This bug should be fixed in patch 3.

Update 1/5/2016 - One of our team members found the root cause for this over the break, and expect to have it fixed for patch 3. We will confirm when this is official.

Thank you for being patient with this one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What platform are you playing on – Xbox One - Digital copy
Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes? - Main campaign
If main campaign, what chapter are you in? - Soviet Installation
If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously? No

(sorry in advance for my english, i'm french ^^)

Hi CD Team!

As I can see in this video, the bird in the side mission 5 spawn above the arch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balvajd6xsI

In my game, the bird never existed or spawned, so that I was never able to complete the mission, and i'm stuck at 99% of completion.

I take a screenshot with the green radar flashing in vacuum :

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/11/10/151110020651277198.jpg

Thx and keep up the good work!

kirchroarjc
13th Nov 2015, 07:19
I got the same problem and 2 of my friends as wel hopefully they fix it i dont wanne search everything again.

Tecstar70
14th Nov 2015, 08:59
Strange, I did this mission last night an didn't have a problem.

AtomycWombat
15th Nov 2015, 18:03
I have the same problem, the bird did not and will not spawn for me, though I know it works for some since I have watched the videos of it being completed. Very frustrating.

tuesdaysaid
16th Nov 2015, 22:38
Just adding a "me too" to this one on Xbox One.

I have completed the game and the bird never spawned so I am unable to complete my 100%.

I started a new game on Survivor and the bird spawned as expected and shown in videos.

Tommy1218
17th Nov 2015, 00:20
+1 for Xbox One. It is the only thing I have left for 100%

MeaganMarie
17th Nov 2015, 02:08
Hello there - can you make sure that this is currently set as your active mission? Otherwise the bird may not show up in survival instinct. The spawn location of this bird changes and it has a large flying radius, so we suggest hitting survival instinct frequently to rule out that you're missing it.

We're looking into this regardless!

Lion_M4sterful
17th Nov 2015, 03:11
Dear,

I come tell a very annoying situation. I bought the game Rise of The Tomb Raider Deluxe Edition on pre-sale. And during gameplay identified a flaw that prevents me from completing 100% of game progress and thus also prevents the release of two achievements ("No Stone Unturned" and "Woman of the People").

I'm 99% of the full game's progress and to complete the whole game progress remains collect a collectible document and complete the pending útilma secudária mission located on the map "Installation Soviet Mission", called "Unguided Intelligence". However, after starting the mission "Unguided Intelligence" with the character of origin, the bird we have to just kill not appear anywhere in the map. I researched on YouTube a series of videos of this mission indicating the location of the bird, but the bird in my gameplay just does not aprece. I am deeply upset with this problem and came across several users reporting the same problem. Can someone help me? The producer of the game can rule on this case?

Platform: Xbox One

:mad::mad::mad:

Tihocan
17th Nov 2015, 04:58
Appears to be a duplicate of [Xbox One] Bird doesn't spawn in Misguided Intelligence Mission (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183357)

MadPeav
17th Nov 2015, 13:13
Yes, the mission is active and I spent several hours wandering in the green circle.

Maybe the problem is that I did not immediately fulfilled the mission?

Good luck tracking down the bug!

tuesdaysaid
17th Nov 2015, 15:56
Hello there - can you make sure that this is currently set as your active mission? Otherwise the bird may not show up in survival instinct. The spawn location of this bird changes and it has a large flying radius, so we suggest hitting survival instinct frequently to rule out that you're missing it.

Yes, there's the big green circle radiating out of the mill. When I did it on my other save I found the bird immediately - it flew from above the small archway near the truck to the top of the high communications tower on the rocks. In my 99% save it is nowhere. I know that on the save where I found it, approaching the mill caused an encounter with several enemies - I don't recall if that happened in my 99% save.

Kingmob
17th Nov 2015, 17:03
I'm also having this problem on Xbox One.
The mission is set as my active mission, I have a nice big green circle on the map, I've looked all over the map for hours with survival instincts on and cannot spot the bird.
I did not look for it as soon as I picked up the mission. I first looked for it just after reaching the Geothermal Valley and have been back to look for it multiple times since then with no luck.

Lion_M4sterful
17th Nov 2015, 21:34

Hello Meagan, Alright?

I am also suffering from the same problem, only yesterday spent about two hours scouring the outskirts of the Soviet system with the active survival instinct and the bird simply does not appear. And for this reason I am deeply upset since I bought the digital version Deluxe Edition of the game in pre-sale and due to this problem can not complete 100% of the game, much less unlock two achievements on Xbox Live, "No Stone Unturned" and "Woman of the People ". What Crystal Dynamics can do to help us? I would appreciate a definitive position regarding the case.

Already grateful.

O_zz_Y
18th Nov 2015, 01:47
If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously? No

Hi CD Team!

As I can see in this video, the bird in the side mission 5 spawn above the arch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balvajd6xsI

In my game, the bird never existed or spawned, so that I was never able to complete the mission, and i'm stuck at 99% of completion.

Same problem here. Xbox One.

DamnYouSalazar
18th Nov 2015, 09:10
It's not that the bird didn't spawn, it's that I didn't know where to look after mission started and I most likely scared him off and both points before ever attempting to find a video guide to walk me through the mission. So, yeah, I see the first archway by where you get the mission I must have scared him off with all the shooting and walking around that area, and I must have also scared him off again when I went up to the other known location he goes after leaving the first spot. In most other videos he flew Northwest from the 2nd spot and I can't seem to find him anywhere in that general direction.

I'm not sure if he's glitch, or in a really hard to find third location. But yeah, judging from those spending hours on it and all the time I put in it myself I'm guessing glitched.

Oh, and this is for Xbox One, main campaign, normal digital copy.

KATO_UB
18th Nov 2015, 15:22
I have the same problem, playing on Xbox360.

The error, as I gather, came to not immediately complete this side quest, talk to another character who gave me another quest (Clean the wolves cave) and complete it first.
Taking up the previous quest, though it appears initiated on the map, there is no way to locate the bird in question, as it has disappeared from the scene.
Still, I decided to continue the adventure, because it seemed a waste of time to resume everything from scratch. I will not finish the game with 100% complete, but it will be 99.9%

Therefore I recommend:
- Before continuing with the story, complete side quests immediately after speaking with the mission giver.
- Do not talk to another mission giver, until you have completed the active side quest.

TheDarkShaman
18th Nov 2015, 18:16
+1 for me, unfortunately. I'm playing a digital (basic) copy on Xbox One. The bird never appeared for me. The mission is active, because the green radar blip centered over the saw mill area is still pulsing. The mission giver still asks me if I've found the bird. However, there is no bird to be found, nor is there a way to reset the mission. This will prevent me from 100%ing an otherwise fantastic game. Good luck in hunting down this bug, and here's to hoping you can fix it without the need for me to start a new file, because that would hurt. Thanks!

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:23
We think we may have been reproduce this issue and are looking into a fix for the next update. Will keep you posted.

Lion_M4sterful
19th Nov 2015, 11:41
We think we may have been reproduce this issue and are looking into a fix for the next update. Will keep you posted.

Hello Meagan, Alright?

We were grateful for the feedback regarding this sad problem. However, the answer still remains very vague. It is sure this c*ritico bug reported by the community will be fixed in the next update of the game? What is the forecast for the release of the next update of the game for players of Xbox One platform for digital media?

Tecstar70
19th Nov 2015, 12:24
Hello Meagan, Alright?

We were grateful for the feedback regarding this sad problem. However, the answer still remains very vague. It is sure this c*ritico bug reported by the community will be fixed in the next update of the game? What is the forecast for the release of the next update of the game for players of Xbox One platform for digital media?

I don't think it was that vague. The devs are working on a number of issues at the moment and to be fair this is a side mission that could wait and doesn't prevent you continuing the game. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying its not important but I know theys are working hard to locate and fix any bugs as quickly as possible.

Lion_M4sterful
19th Nov 2015, 12:50
I don't think it was that vague. The devs are working on a number of issues at the moment and to be fair this is a side mission that could wait and doesn't prevent you continuing the game. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying its not important but I know theys are working hard to locate and fix any bugs as quickly as possible.

Hello "Tecstar70"

I understand the complexity of the game, and the level of difficulty to correct any problem. However, I get a little frustrated because it is the second game I buy pre-sale you have the same kind of problem. I like to unlock all the achievements of the games I own and on behalf of this "bug" I am unable to unlock the last two for this game.

I thought the esclacimento given the somewhat vague representative yes, because it gives no certainty that the problem will be fixed, insinuates only a possibility. I hope you understand.

Tecstar70
19th Nov 2015, 13:10
Hello "Tecstar70"

I understand the complexity of the game, and the level of difficulty to correct any problem. However, I get a little frustrated because it is the second game I buy pre-sale you have the same kind of problem. I like to unlock all the achievements of the games I own and on behalf of this "bug" I am unable to unlock the last two for this game.

I thought the esclacimento given the somewhat vague representative yes, because it gives no certainty that the problem will be fixed, insinuates only a possibility. I hope you understand.

Yes I do understand. I also like to get 100% completion! I know they will want to get an update available as soon as possible and will be working hard to make it available.

Kingmob
19th Nov 2015, 13:52

Thanks for the update Meagan!

Lion_M4sterful
19th Nov 2015, 15:07
Yes I do understand. I also like to get 100% completion! I know they will want to get an update available as soon as possible and will be working hard to make it available.

Hello "Tecstar70",

I cheer the goal so I hope it will not be long because it does not want to lose heart to play this game so beautiful. I have a very similar problem in "Mad Max" game, there are only two achievements to complete the game, however, there are a number of "bugs" in the game that prevent me from unblock them, and besides, I opened a call from stand next to "WB Games" on November 2 and still did not get a return of the developer and the initial term which was passed me was a return to contact you within two business days. I hope I have this same kind of problem here.

TheDarkShaman
19th Nov 2015, 17:23

Great news! Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the update. Thanks!

MeaganMarie
21st Nov 2015, 02:49
Update all - we have a fix for this, and the bird will reappear after patch 2. We will make an announcement in the forum when Patch 2 is ready to go live.

KATO_UB
21st Nov 2015, 04:05
Update all - we have a fix for this, and the bird will reappear after patch 2. We will make an announcement in the forum when Patch 2 is ready to go live.

That's great! The fix is usefull for xbox 360 version too?

Kingmob
21st Nov 2015, 04:52

Awesome news, thanks Meagan!

Tecstar70
21st Nov 2015, 08:58
Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

MadPeav
21st Nov 2015, 15:04
\o/

Can't wait TR"3" now ;)

Kaibeck
11th Dec 2015, 14:00
I've Dow loaded the patch "2" but the bird mission is still broken I've looked everywhere for that damn bird and it's no where to be seen annoying can't get 100% achievement anyone else have this problem or a solution as I thought they were fixing this!

Kaibeck
11th Dec 2015, 14:04
I've Down loaded the patch "2" but the bird mission is still broken I've looked everywhere for that damn bird and it's no where to be seen annoying can't get 100% achievement anyone else have this problem or a solution as I thought they were fixing this!

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 14:07
I've Dow loaded the patch "2" but the bird mission is still broken I've looked everywhere for that damn bird and it's no where to be seen annoying can't get 100% achievement anyone else have this problem or a solution as I thought they were fixing this!

We yet don't know if this has actually been patched in today's update. Also, have you tried fast travelling out of the area and back again?

Kaibeck
11th Dec 2015, 14:12
Yeahhhh I've tryed thatt also tryed Looking everywhere for 2 hours and going back to the guy..

Jana-tombraidergirl
11th Dec 2015, 14:31
Can anyone confirm that this issue is resolved? What do we have to do to get the bird to spawn? (Digital Version)

- Installed the patch (rebooted console after dl and install had finished, just in case)
- Returned to the Soviet Installation
- Made sure the mission was active (green circle marking the area); it's the last unfinished mission, anyway
- No bird on arch, no bird on large rock, no bird anywhere in the area.

- Travelled to another base camp and returned to changed the time of day
- Made sure the mission was active... no bird anywhere...

Is it possible that we killed that specific bird before the mission was active? Jan (who has the issue) has been shooting many birds to get feathers before starting the mission...

I myself have played the game twice so far, and had no trouble locating the bird, the first time it was circling around a lot so I know the places it might be hiding.

It's a bit annoying since it is the last thing Jan has to do in his One playthough (he found the bird without a problem on the 360).

Mcinturf
11th Dec 2015, 14:42
Hey Jana. Believe they are saying that it will be resolved in patch 2. Can't find any estimate for its release. I too have this bug and am stuck at 99%. Guess we have to wait.

Jana-tombraidergirl
11th Dec 2015, 14:51
I thought
Patch 1: Release Date
Patch 2: today
?
Unless we are talking Patch 0, Patch 1, Patch 2

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 15:14
I thought
Patch 1: Release Date
Patch 2: today
?
Unless we are talking Patch 0, Patch 1, Patch 2

As I understand it Update 1 was the Day One patch and the next update will be update #2. Although there is an Xbox One update as of today there is no formal announcement or patch notes yet and so until there is we can't be sure if it is final or not.

Rhannon66
11th Dec 2015, 18:06
Hi everyone. I am sorry for my rough English. I'm not a native English speaker.

Is there any official explanation about this bug? Or about missing fix for today? someone by the staff had said that this problem would be solved with the second patch. Today was released the second patch but the problem remains the same.

Imho it's a serious bug because it prevents the game's completion, it blocks at least two achievements and can't get the last piece for the heavy rifle. I paid almost a hundred Euros for this ( digital ) game and his season pass and I'm a little annoyed for not being able to finish it.

So I hope someone will soon give an official reply about this problem.

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 19:54
Hi everyone. I am sorry for my rough English. I'm not a native English speaker.

Is there any official explanation about this bug? Or about missing fix for today? someone by the staff had said that this problem would be solved with the second patch. Today was released the second patch but the problem remains the same.

Imho it's a serious bug because it prevents the game's completion, it blocks at least two achievements and can't get the last piece for the heavy rifle. I paid almost a hundred Euros for this ( digital ) game and his season pass and I'm a little annoyed for not being able to finish it.

So I hope someone will soon give an official reply about this problem.

Although there is an Xbox One update as of today there is no formal announcement or patch notes yet and so until there is we can't be sure if it is final or not and what issues it actually fixes.

Mcinturf
11th Dec 2015, 20:43
Ugh. Sorry Jana. Wasnt aware patch 2 released today. You are correct. Unbelievable they didn't address this. They specifically stated it would be fixed with patch 2. Absolutely not true. No bird. And can't stand that there is no way of knowing if I even got the patch with instant on. I was at work. PS4 has update history and manual update for games. Xbox really needs this. Guess its back to fallout until patch 3.. or 4....5.... Sucks

Mcinturf
11th Dec 2015, 21:08
Also, not sure why thread shows resolved. Most certainly isn't.

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 21:17
Also, not sure why thread shows resolved. Most certainly isn't.

"Resolved" is for the benefit of the devs to indicate which issue has been diagnosed and identified so they can keep an eye on those issues that have not yet been diagnosed.

"Resolved" therefore means a fix has been identified and will come in an update, but not necessarily that it has been actually fixed yet.

tuesdaysaid
11th Dec 2015, 23:15
Just wanted to chime as someone looking for the status of this. Thanks.

MadPeav
11th Dec 2015, 23:36
Indeed, the bird is still not back!

Not very cool CD:/

MeaganMarie
12th Dec 2015, 02:11
Hey there,

Just chatted with the QA team. They fixed an instance of this bug in patch #2, but it sounds like there may be additional scenarios causing the bug that haven't been addressed. We were all under the impression it was fixed, so this has come as a surprise.

Sorry for the wait. The team is back on it trying to see what else may be causing it.

If the bug was fixed for you, please let us know!

Rhannon66
12th Dec 2015, 08:13
Hi MeaganMarie,

first of all I like to thank you for your efforts. but sadly, as you have already read, this bug has not been fixed yet. so perhaps it would be better to remove "[Resolved]" from the thread's title. ;-)

current bug appearance (as before): there is a pulsating green circle on the map ( next to the tomb's icon ) but the "green" raven is not found anywhere.

I don't know what else the new patch has corrected but surely, as update, introduced new achievements for the future dlc.

I hope that your QA team soon solve this annoying problem. because after purchasing a game and it can't be completed ( at the current state of things that bug blocks two achievements, the completion of one weapon and perhaps, because I can't remember well, an any final award ) turns out to be frustrating.

I thank you very much for your help and thank in advance your QA team for their further efforts. Ciao. :-)

NickFromWA
12th Dec 2015, 08:58
Still no bird for me :-(

Tommy1218
12th Dec 2015, 17:02
Still broken for me as well. Im kind of bummed since I thought I would finally be able to 100%.

scoobyrexx
13th Dec 2015, 12:07
made this account just to say this is broken for me as well. wasted hours of my life looking for this stupid bird.

please fix this, if I can't get 100%, i sure as hell am not paying for DLC.

dopefish3d
13th Dec 2015, 22:02
I just registered to also say this the bird is still not present for me either, after Patch 2.

Californigus
14th Dec 2015, 08:53
Glitch still there for me as well...

Bzurke
14th Dec 2015, 14:34
I just registered to also say this the bird is still not present for me either, after Patch 2.

Same here. Totally unacceptable in a game where you are constantly checking things off a list. Fix this or a refund needs to happen.

Bzurke
15th Dec 2015, 03:42
Any update to when this will be fixed? Do I need to start all the way over again?
This bums me out.

Tecstar70
15th Dec 2015, 08:37
Any update to when this will be fixed? Do I need to start all the way over again?
This bums me out.

They identified the original issue and fixed it in the latest update, but it seems that there are other causes which weren't picked up on in the initial investigation so it looks like you'll gave to wait for the next update.

KATO_UB
15th Dec 2015, 20:58
They identified the original issue and fixed it in the latest update, but it seems that there are other causes which weren't picked up on in the initial investigation so it looks like you'll gave to wait for the next update.

Sorry, this glitch also exists on xbox 360. Is there another update for this console version?

TheDarkShaman
15th Dec 2015, 21:28
Also just reporting in that this glitch has not been resolved for me either. Playing on Xbox One. I've tried everything, including fast traveling back and forth at different times of the day, changing outfits, weapons load-outs, etc., just to see if something random would shake this loose. Mission is still active, the mission-giver is still asking me to find the bird, but the bird has not reappeared with this patch.:confused:

Bzurke
15th Dec 2015, 22:02
Is there an official word yet? Do we know for certain that they will patch the games already in progress so we don't need to sink dozens of hours into a game we already mastered?

DanzoXbox
15th Dec 2015, 23:06
I'm just registered to also say i still have the glitch and i can't got my 1000G

and i spent 5 or more hours of my life, wasted on trying to find an invisible crow

Kureosity
17th Dec 2015, 16:32
Is there an official word yet? Do we know for certain that they will patch the games already in progress so we don't need to sink dozens of hours into a game we already mastered?

Can we get an official response as to when this bug will be fixed?

TastyMuffins
17th Dec 2015, 19:02
I'm having this issue as well and am willing to help troubleshoot any way that is helpful! I'm on XB1. Maybe give us a way to decline a quest you've accepted? That way we can go back to the quest giver and get it again?

Kureosity
17th Dec 2015, 20:54
Given the number of posts and views associated with this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of players are affected. I for one would certainly appreciate an update on the status of the fix for this bug...

TastyMuffins
17th Dec 2015, 21:28
Clearly, they're flipping us the bird.
Maybe there is a problem with nested loops in the program.
They should try tweeting the solution.

Sorry, that was terrible.

Bzurke
17th Dec 2015, 22:55
It's amazing how such a thing got through a game this polished. Give us some info, please.

DanzoXbox
18th Dec 2015, 01:59
if this game was exclusive to PS4 they will fix the glitch in one day.

what a shame.

TombArrowShorts
20th Dec 2015, 03:37
I'm having this issue as well and am willing to help troubleshoot any way that is helpful! I'm on XB1. Maybe give us a way to decline a quest you've accepted? That way we can go back to the quest giver and get it again?

Brilliant idea. However, incase they aren't reading threads that are marked "resolved", I think we have to make a new thread about this glitch.

Rhannon66
20th Dec 2015, 07:23
Brilliant idea. However, incase they aren't reading threads that are marked "resolved", I think we have to make a new thread about this glitch.

Imho they read all threads. Also this thread. Only they don't reply about it. ;-)

So ... are there any news, CrystalD staff? :-)

Bzurke
20th Dec 2015, 16:18
Hopefully if we keep posting they will reply one day. Just to be clear, for the people who did find the bird it was either on the arch or on top of the hill with the satellite on top?

KanKicks
20th Dec 2015, 16:21
Hi,

Sorry, but I have the same problem and it still isn't resolved in patch 2. Tried out a new game and these are the two scenarios where the bug appears for me.

Scenario 1
When the 'Misguided Intelligence' quest is active and I take up another optional quest 'Dangerous Territory' (before completing Misguided intelligence) from the quest giver that is at the gate where the bird is first found sitting atop of.

Scenario 2
When you go check out the bird on the same gate and it flies atop the communication relay (highest one) and you happen to advance further to a new location (where you take up new optional quest) of the game without finishing this quest.

In these scenarios the quest is actively shown on the map with the green pulsating circle, but in real world the bird does not seem to pop up or neither the concentric circle showing the bird in the world pop up, no matter how diligently your circle around and in the parameter.

Both scenarios seems to happen when you overlap this mission with another without completing it

Hope you find the resolution soon because this is getting on to me now.

Regards

DanzoXbox
21st Dec 2015, 05:49
we want an official response, when this glitch will be fixed?

Bzurke
21st Dec 2015, 17:40
Sounds about right for the cause. Now they just need to at least let us know when it will be patched.

Mcinturf
21st Dec 2015, 19:21
ugh...just figured i come back by to check the status of this. I really wish they would remove RESOLVED from this thread. Obviously it is not. Guess we need to keep this bumped though. Frankly, I haven't seen a single post stating that patch 2 actually resolved it for anyone. Curious. Please fix. NOT Resolved.

KanKicks
22nd Dec 2015, 14:09
Hi,

In the optional quest 'Misguided Intelligence' the bird does not appear in these two scenarios.

Scenario 1
When the 'Misguided Intelligence' quest is active and I take up another optional quest 'Dangerous Territory' (before completing Misguided intelligence) from the quest giver that is at the gate where the bird is first found sitting atop of.

Scenario 2
When you go check out the bird on the same gate and it flies atop the communication relay (highest one) and you happen to advance further to a new location (where you take up new optional quest) of the game without finishing this quest.

In these scenarios the quest is actively shown on the map with the green pulsating circle, but in real world the bird does not seem to pop up or neither the concentric circle showing the bird in the world pop up, no matter how diligently your circle around in the parameter.

Both scenarios seems to happen when you overlap this mission with another without completing it.

Hope you find the resolution soon because this is getting on to me now.

Regards

Jammiedodgers13
22nd Dec 2015, 19:10
I made an account just to concur with this. I did exactly what 'Scenario 1' states and now, I simply cannot find this bird. I have completed -every single- other part of this game, I just need to kill that feathery menace for 100%. It's driving me nuts, especially since every walkthrough I looked up pretty much consists of 'walk a few steps, look to your left, shoot, done'. I really hope this is fixed soon.

P.s. I'm on xbox one

Kaibeck
23rd Dec 2015, 00:22
When will you fix the glitch for misguided Intelligence? Patch 2 hasnt resolved it I've spent hours walking about 2mph looking for the damn bird I've been allover the map still no bird? A response would be lovely is there gonna be afix in patch 3? NOT RESOLVED!!

DanzoXbox
23rd Dec 2015, 00:29
Glitch still there for me as well...

ManiacCop2
23rd Dec 2015, 20:47
So I had to restart the whole game half way through due to the game breaking glitch......I waisted hours trying to find a bird that doesn't exist and now I'm stuck at 99%........This is such an awesome game but the whole experience has been completely ruined due to countless glitches and extremely poor service from you guys......The feedback to your paying customers/loyal fan base is appalling.

DanzoXbox
24th Dec 2015, 17:15
is there any news ??

Bzurke
25th Dec 2015, 07:51
Just let us know that you're at least working on it. Merry Christmas.

xIcarusLives
27th Dec 2015, 19:38
So is there ever going to be an update from Crystal Dynamics about this bug? It's stopping my 100% completion rate after spending 90 dollars on this game and spending countless hours collecting all of the items.

This is completely ridiculous and it'd be nice to hear from CD on when it will be fixed, if it will be fixed..

Lion_M4sterful
28th Dec 2015, 00:58

It's really frustrating and a great lack of respect for the players (who bought the game). In my console any relevant update was not reported to the game and the reported failure remains unchanged. I'm really frustrated with all this and with the delay of a feedback from square enix / crystal dainamics and lack of an approximate date for submission of corrections through an update.

Note:
Due to lack of availability of a corrective of the game through the console update, uninstalled and installed novamento the game, but the fault remained unchanged.

DanzoXbox
28th Dec 2015, 05:11

UrSuLa360
28th Dec 2015, 12:39
I have the same problem. Can't find the bird...

Anyway very very good game, nice work!

Jrow77
28th Dec 2015, 18:27
I'm hoping so as well. I got up to 98%, encountered this bug, and then stopped. It's good that we at least know the devs are aware of the issue. Until that bug is fixed (and others for those experiencing issues in different places) and I know I can reach 100%, I haven't played the game. I mentally wouldn't let that go and keep checking like an idiot to see if it shows up "this time".

xIcarusLives
29th Dec 2015, 04:41
I'm hoping so as well. I got up to 98%, encountered this bug, and then stopped. It's good that we at least know the devs are aware of the issue. Until that bug is fixed (and others for those experiencing issues in different places) and I know I can reach 100%, I haven't played the game. I mentally wouldn't let that go and keep checking like an idiot to see if it shows up "this time".

Yeah I was tempted to return it and wait for the PS4 release... It's really frustrating because as you certainly know, you get into this groove of 'let's collect everything, I'm gonna do everything this game throws at me' except this stupid bird not only ruins your plan but it kinda ruins the entire mood too.

The last thing I want to do now is hop on the game and play more, when I know that I can never fully finish it. Please, Crystal Dynamics, patch this bug. It's completely broken.

Bzurke
29th Dec 2015, 08:23
Keep posting so we can receive a response. Anyone ever get the bird to show?

L0RD_V3N0M
29th Dec 2015, 20:14
Same problem here

Stuck at 99% and no bird

Bzurke
30th Dec 2015, 04:08
Yeah I was tempted to return it and wait for the PS4 release... It's really frustrating because as you certainly know, you get into this groove of 'let's collect everything, I'm gonna do everything this game throws at me' except this stupid bird not only ruins your plan but it kinda ruins the entire mood too.

The last thing I want to do now is hop on the game and play more, when I know that I can never fully finish it. Please, Crystal Dynamics, patch this bug. It's completely broken.

It doesn't help when the main forum marked it as RESOLVED. Any new info?

DanzoXbox
30th Dec 2015, 04:22
we want an official response, when this glitch will be fixed??????????

Chiefola
30th Dec 2015, 14:56
I opened an account just to post this:

What is the status of this bug, when can we get it fixed?

I am now at 99% in the game and would love to get 100%. The only thing missing is this bird that doesn't seem to appear at all. I've been chasing it for hours and it's just not there. Please Square Enix, at least tell us if you're gonna fix it instead of setting this to "RESOLVED".

Mcinturf
30th Dec 2015, 17:46
Really? Still broken and no response. Damn, a lot of people stuck at 99%. I honestly am not aware of ANYONE saying patch 2 actually fixed it for them. Ugh.

ManiacCop2
30th Dec 2015, 18:06
They've got our money, why should they show any interest in fixing the game our even giving one ounce of decent customer service. I loved the last game and loved this but all the glitches and apauling customer service ruined the expierience and have left a very bitter taste.

DanzoXbox
30th Dec 2015, 19:23
They've got our money, why should they show any interest in fixing the game our even giving one ounce of decent customer service. I loved the last game and loved this but all the glitches and apauling customer service ruined the expierience and have left a very bitter taste.

well said!

hamster3
30th Dec 2015, 20:03
I can't find it either. Has anyone followed it to all locations to see where it lands?

PetterNerman
31st Dec 2015, 12:14
If you can't even fix the ...

... then remove the requirement to complete that mission for the 100% and all quests achievements. Seriously, this is pathetic. You were supposed to have this fixed for the second patch, but obviously you didn't.

Also, as long as you don't fix it the product is flawed. Flawed product = money back.

AntRaidsTombs
31st Dec 2015, 20:27
For having a glitch or problem, the game is flawed? All games have glitches or problems so that must mean all games are flawed? ��

Valenka
31st Dec 2015, 21:14
You don't have to be rude about it. :) There isn't a single game in the world that's free of bugs, especially at launch. You need to give them time to address and resolve the issues reported. Unless you would like to offer your services to help them fix the issues, you just need to be patient and wait. I don't really see the need for all this negative energy surrounding ONE achievement on Xbox.

A video game isn't flawed because it has a bug or glitch and you're not entitled to a refund just for that. Rise of the Tomb Raider is not unplayable and does not constitute a refund, I'm afraid.

hamster3
31st Dec 2015, 22:13
I started a new save to see where the bird goes and see if I could find it on my original playthrough since I couldn't find a video of all the birds locations.

It's definitely glitched as the bird is nowhere to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzmNf9L01s

Tecstar70
1st Jan 2016, 11:49
I don't think they have said they can't or wont fix it?

DanzoXbox
1st Jan 2016, 12:06
I started a new save to see where the bird goes and see if I could find it on my original playthrough since I couldn't find a video of all the birds locations.

It's definitely glitched as the bird is nowhere to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzmNf9L01s

thanks for the info!

PetterNerman
1st Jan 2016, 15:37
Yeah, I know I'm being rude. If they fix it soon enough it's not that big of a deal, but I'm not expecting them to. Thing is, realising you're at the mercy of their patching once you're over halfway through the story -- that all those hours you've put into collecting close to all of the collectibles could be rendered useless -- ruins the remainder of the playthrough. The unacceptable part would be having to redo everything due to the mission being glitched, though. Obviously not hard to fix the mission; and even in the event that it turns out difficult, just get rid of it as a requirement for any of the achievements/% completion.

Last patch was supposed to fix it, but it didn't. I also heard they've marked it as "resolved", which is obviously weird as hell.

TranceTrouble
1st Jan 2016, 19:23
@PetterNerman sorry to hear you still have difficulties, i really feel with you that the bug is not fixed but please use a more polite way in the future to state this topic.

GoofballPath53
2nd Jan 2016, 01:05
Same exact problem! I'm hoping for all you SE employees working on this to fix this soon as it's very annoying seeing it emitting that circle on my map and I also want that choke for my shotgun. Doesn't really affect my opinion it's still a great game and hey nothing is perfect. Not to mention all you people saying "I want money back" for a stupid bird glitch is ridiculous! You aren't the one making one of the largest and most diverse game of 2015.

Massie-
2nd Jan 2016, 03:01
All right so hopefully this is the right form to post this on if not I apologize in advance much like many members of the community I'm suffering from this elusive crow I'm getting to the point where i'm obtaining all of my achievements but the thought in the back of my head makes me think it might be pointless now I've read from the old forum about this topic or Megan addressed that it was going to be possibly fixed an update 2 I don't know if this was the case I did look at the patch notes and it said nothing about it but I want to know if there's any other people Who are having this problem and could shed some light I don't want to gather everything and be stuck at 99% and not Bill get my hundred percent achievement people shouldn't have to create a new file gather everything up and I hope that bird is there just to get the achievement much like you I work I don't have the time to put eight hours to a day into regathering everything again at this point you could see my frustration tomorrow I will Be Calling Square to possibly find a solution I called Microsoft and they could only offer me a few things on installing the game didn't work nor did erasing the saved catche and re-syncing the save data from the cloud other than that Microsoft said that's all they have to offer I've try exiting out going back to the main menu fast traveling back and looking for the bird the amount of time spent looking for this Crow is ever-growing played alol Tomb Raiders it's one of my favorite series something like this it's I don't know I am at a loss for words personally I've played most of square's games they've always done a good job always produce something of great quality with very minimal bugs though they do arise with every update and as the game grows I just need some kind of insight some kind of light as no green blurb I don't know

sorry about no periods I did this all with Siri:mad2:

Bzurke
2nd Jan 2016, 05:23
@PetterNerman sorry to hear you still have difficulties, i really feel with you that the bug is not fixed but please use a more polite way in the future to state this topic.

I don't feel like @petternerman was being that rude with that last comment. Again, games like this encourage you to play to get 100% and it's impossible now to get it, plus the achievements attached. I think this was an AWESOME game nonetheless and would put it as my favorite of the year which makes it that much more disappointing. I think the most frustrating part is that nobody is even saying that they're working on this or will give us an estimate on another patch date. A member needs to comment on this and mark it as unresolved. People like me spent $100 on just this game alone so I don't think this is out of the question.

DanzoXbox
2nd Jan 2016, 08:32

Massie-
2nd Jan 2016, 14:48
Somebody? Anyone!? I can't be the only one with this problem

Massie-
2nd Jan 2016, 21:05
Help?

PetterNerman
2nd Jan 2016, 22:05

Yes! So many people are suffering from this glitch, our playthroughs ruined, voided. You need to tell us what will happen.

Massie-
3rd Jan 2016, 06:44
X box one, sov instal, campaign, first play thru, physical disk . I too am havin this issue.. I love this game so much lol but this bird... It's holdin up my 100% and other things. That and I don't have time to pump another 8 hours to a day gatherin things :/ I don't mean to come off rude it's just frustratin. I seen on the thread it said resolved pendin update? What does that mean? Is it resolved or better yet I guess my still bugginess has answered that question that it's still pendin. Idunno just stressed, if we ever get to kill that bird. It will be an emotion like no other.

I will say havin bough the collectors and the season pass. I'm not disgusted. Bugs happen but it feels like you've been rejected or Idunno it is kinda a let down. I'm excited and hope it gets fixed. I know y'all are probably workin hard on it. Just a little information would be nice.

Also I'm lookin forward to Baba Yaga! Not to get off topic that is

Kopecs
4th Jan 2016, 07:35
On XboxOne, having this issue. The bird will not spawn anywhere...hours upon hours of shooting black crows too. I have the digital download version. Hope you guys can fix this.

Kopecs
4th Jan 2016, 08:28
Still a bug for me as well on Xbox One. Don't think it got fixed :/

DanzoXbox
5th Jan 2016, 19:56
any news ???

MeaganMarie
5th Jan 2016, 21:40
Update 1/5/2016 - One of our team members found the root cause for this over the break, and expect to have it fixed for patch 3. We will confirm when this is official.

TastyMuffins
5th Jan 2016, 22:00

WOOOO!!!

L0RD_V3N0M
6th Jan 2016, 00:19

Great news! Thank you :D

Bzurke
6th Jan 2016, 01:40

Awesome. Let's get that damn bird.

Kopecs
7th Jan 2016, 06:58

Rad! Any idea when patch 3 is?

Bzurke
12th Jan 2016, 07:00
New info?

ravensixn7
12th Jan 2016, 08:32
Moderator note: This bug should be fixed in patch 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi CD Team!

Hi!
I am facing the same issue.

I play on Xbox One - Disc Copy
The problem occurs in the main campaign (I have not played the Soviet-Installation on Expedition mode yet)
in the chapter Soviet Installation
I have not completed or started a campaign in a different save Slot.

I finished the campaign recently, have 99% Progression and the bird still does not appear. It is the only Mission left and prevents me from getting the 100% (+ the 2 achievements).

I'm really looking forward to patch 3...does anyone know when we can expect it to be released?

BR

bgmckhrt
12th Jan 2016, 14:02
Same issue on 360 interestingly enough

rcole_sooner
15th Jan 2016, 17:24
Glad to see the mod update. I've shot a lot of crows looking for the right one. I guess it is a waiting game now.

DanzoXbox
15th Jan 2016, 17:51
I am gonna kill that damn bird so hard after the update.

VonAdder
15th Jan 2016, 19:28
There are other issues here as well. If your playing on survivor difficulty, you have no access to 'glowing' objectives, even if you unlock them passively through your skill trees. This also makes this quest stupidly difficult!

PetterNerman
20th Jan 2016, 13:06
I have been putting the game on hold for like a month now due to this gamebreaking glitch. This is ridiculous. Update us, mods.

UofTVols
22nd Jan 2016, 02:33
So I see that the root of the issue has been found. I'm assuming that it shouldn't be to hard to fix it, so why can we not get a date on the patch? It's really annoying to pay money for something such as this. When you purchase something, you expect it to work and if it doesn't you take it back to get one that does. This ain't that. You pay for something put several hours into it just to find out it's broke but you can't take it back to get one that does work. An no idea if it ever will, glad to see that when consoles gained the capability of downloading, quality checking was apparently thrown in the garbage. Also love it when video game companies are more worried about getting out the next DLC before making sure the base game works right.

PetterNerman
22nd Jan 2016, 09:22
Exactly. This should have been fixed as quickly as possible. Selling a flawed product just isn't right. I have no idea why we haven't been updated yet. It's been like what ... a month?

Kureosity
22nd Jan 2016, 19:59
Patch 3 resolved this issue for me - thanks!!

ManiacCop2
22nd Jan 2016, 22:04
Patch 3 resolved this issue for me - thanks!!

Fixed for me, 100% achieved.......Phew.

tuesdaysaid
23rd Jan 2016, 03:43
Finally fixed for me, thank you.

dopefish3d
23rd Jan 2016, 08:42
That bird is finally dead! Thanks!

Massie-
24th Jan 2016, 16:51
Thanks to you that bird suffered a slow painful death, thanks.

richardapsmith
25th Jan 2016, 23:27
I have just got to this mission and assuming the xbox updated itself (the system says it did it earlier today) the missing bird problem has NOT been fixed. It's the second time through for me and it wasn't a problem first time around but I've just reloaded a save and there is no bird. Do I have to do something to get the patch installed? Rich.

richardapsmith
25th Jan 2016, 23:46
It appeared! I was premature there, perhaps, but it was definitely not there and I spent a good twenty minutes fiddling trying to see how it might be coaxed into existence. I did a reload last save point (no effect) and a lot of moving around looking. I fast-travelled to Wilderness then to the Hidden Refuge camp and it showed up in survival instinct at that point. Dead bird. Not sure I want to eat a green bird, though.

L0RD_V3N0M
26th Jan 2016, 19:34
The bird is dead, finally!

Thanks! :)

stefpet
20th Feb 2016, 20:49
I killed the bird and went back to the mission giver. However, there is still a "Mission Available" marker on the map but in the list of challenges "Misguided Intelligence" is greyed out with a strikethrough EXCEPT the white "double up arrow" symbol.

The "Mission Available" marker on the map is towards the west and in the middle of a mountain. Marking it as a waypoint and using instinct mode clearly shows the blue beam but it is impossible to get there.

What to do...?

TheRancidDog
21st Feb 2016, 06:24
I killed the bird and went back to the mission giver. However, there is still a "Mission Available" marker on the map but in the list of challenges "Misguided Intelligence" is greyed out with a strikethrough EXCEPT the white "double up arrow" symbol.

The "Mission Available" marker on the map is towards the west and in the middle of a mountain. Marking it as a waypoint and using instinct mode clearly shows the blue beam but it is impossible to get there.

What to do...?

Did you do the Dangerous Territory mission? I had a similar problem when I played this and it turned out that mission was inside the same cave where you did the wolf cull. The same wounded Remnant will give you the Gulag Recon mission. Be careful though, a lot of people are having glitches with that too.

chrisdaventry
18th Mar 2016, 15:39
Am at this Bug right now, have they fixed it yet

Daakist
16th Sep 2016, 16:09
OMFG this is in the top 5 most annoying glitches in any videogame ever.. I have searched for this bird for 6 fuxxing hours now. I have watched videos about where to find it and how to find it. I have shot random birds all over the map. I have traveled in and out of the area. I dont know if its a rep or not but someone suggested to make it an active quest and it cant be made active - theres no option to make it active. If you are a rep thats pretty fuxxing dumb of you not to know you own game. On top of that this is the worst quest to have a glitch like this. You would never know if you just didnt find the bird without these forums. On top of that I hear different aspects of the quest breaks like maybe theres no green highlight on the correct bird. This is outrageaus. DONT PUT PISS ANT HUNT-FOR-ANIMAL-X QUESTS IN THE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO PLAYTEST AN EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF TIME ON THIS ONE QUEST. I speak for 100's if not 1000's of others that wont sign up for your lamea$$ site. Unbelievable.

MrPopman
25th Sep 2016, 15:25
... I have searched for this bird for 6 fuxxing hours now. I have watched videos about where to find it and how to find it. I have shot random birds all over the map. I have traveled in and out of the area. I dont know if its a rep or not but someone suggested to make it an active quest and it cant be made active - theres no option to make it active. ...I have encountered this bug on XBOX ONE disk version as of last week. My symptoms were that the area view the radar did not identify an exact location but was generally over the Saw Mill and survival instincts did not identify a bird. My solution (once I found the reports of this bug and after wasting HOURS) was to continue playing though the Gulag, working my way back to the camp overlooking the saw mill, accepting the Gulag recon mission, completing it (fast travel back and forth, deliver the intel). At that point the area view identified a single location for the bird and the survival instincts identified it.