PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Bear Spawning Bug - Main Campaign [Under Investigation]

jleal4388
12th Nov 2015, 05:11
I just reached the first bear fight in the Siberian Wilderness and died on my first try. After restarting at the checkpoint, I went back into the cave, but Lara did not crouch and get ready for the fight like she did the first time. I went deeper into the cave, and the bear was not there. All signs and map markers prompted me to kill the bear with the poison arrows, but there was no bear to be found. I restarted the checkpoint multiple times and restarted the game, but nothing worked.

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 17:20
Sorry you're having trouble with the game! I"ll pass this on to QA and see if they have any further questions for you to try and get to the bottom of it.

jleal4388
12th Nov 2015, 18:31
Thank you so much!

MeaganMarie
13th Nov 2015, 01:06
Checking back in - we are still looking into this, but it may take a few days to get to the bottom of the bug. In the meantime, it may be worth using a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925) so you can progress.

Tecstar70
13th Nov 2015, 08:18
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

Tedfordz
14th Nov 2015, 04:04
I had the same issue. I was able to progress through the story, however, as I was still able to break through the brick wall. But same as original post, I reloaded after dying and although my mission was to kill the bear, it was nowhere to be seen.

jleal4388
14th Nov 2015, 12:42
Yeah, I saw that I could break through the wall. I just wasn't sure how that would affect the game. Also, I really want vengeance on that bear!

jleal4388
18th Nov 2015, 20:48
Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if there's been any progress resolving my bug. I haven't heard anything in 5 days and am hoping for an update. Thanks!

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:20
We're still looking into this - haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Sorry for the wait!

Illusionary99
6th Dec 2015, 03:04
Just posting to add that I've experienced the same. In my case, I died in a poison arrow cloud that also killed the bear at the same time - perhaps the game saved the bear having been killed (so that it wouldn't respawn), but without marking the objective as complete?

Illusionary99
6th Dec 2015, 03:08
Just posting to add that I've experienced the same. In my case, I died in a poison arrow cloud that also killed the bear at the same time - perhaps the game saved the bear having been killed (so that it wouldn't respawn), but without marking the objective as complete?

This is on Xbox One.

Todd_T
31st Dec 2015, 18:41
I've experienced the same thing, and don't remember dying to get the bug. I ran in the cave, shot the bear with a poison dart, ran out to the point where the bear turns around to go back in the cave, I went to dashboard to go online to see how to kill him (not leaving the game but while it was still running), went back to the game, and poof...gone. The master bug list says this was fixed in patch #2, but I just got this game on the 30th of Dec. Is patch #2 out yet? or does it automatically install on boot up? It doesn't stop progression, but really irritating when you want the experience points and resources from him. Grrrrrrrrrrr...

joschi225
29th Jan 2016, 12:12
I had the same bug with the PC version. I apparantly died while having shot the bear with two poison arrows and several silent arrows. I even received a gift from the market place. But I could neither loot the bear nor does it reappear.