PDA

View Full Version : Fighting with Honor - Nosgoth Leagues

Oghamsmith
11th Nov 2015, 19:33
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/407/blog/vanguard-20screenshot-204.png

Whether you fight for the freedom of the human race, or to uphold centuries old Vampiric doctrine; each side of Nosgoth’s civil war has its own code of honor. These are rules to which all warriors must adhere, or risk being banished for their cowardly behaviour.

Flabbermouthed fools and their gold are soon parted
The battlefield is no place for petty quibbles and name calling. If someone slights you, introduce their brain matter to Nosgoth’s illustrious architecture. While they’re typing, you can pick up kills to win the match. Let them have their foolish words. You will secure the win bonus gold.

Being abusive toward another player, whether verbally or in written form, will not be tolerated. Those found to be acting in this manner risk having their account banned.

Deserting the Fight
It’s understandable that every now and again a warrior’s stoic mindset may break under the stress and strains of combat in Nosgoth. The thought of burning alchemy and bloodsucking beasts is enough to make even the toughest of Vampires and Humans tremble with fear. With that said, repeated abandonment of battle or refusal to fight will not be accepted.

Players found to be repeatedly avoiding combat without any intention of engaging, whether that be in lobbies or in-game, will have their League eligibility stripped from them.

VICTORY!!!
Ranked & League combat is where Nosgoth’s toughest warriors go to test their mettle against the best players in the world. It is no place for young bloods seeking a laid back saunter across Nosgoth. If your focus isn’t 100% on winning, then you’re on the wrong field of war (standard TDM will be perfect for you).

Not everyone is an Eternal tier player. That’s fine, we have no problem with that. We want people of all skill levels to feel at home here. We DO have a problem with people jumping into ranked games and then going AFK, going sightseeing around a map, or doing anything but their very best to win.

While it’s entirely understandable that some combatants are more capable and highly skilled than others, denizens of Nosgoth found to be doing anything other than trying to win will find themselves dismissed from the Nosgoth League.

Reporting Players

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/572/blog/marked-20dumahim.jpg

When reporting players, please bear in mind that they may simply be having a bad day. While that’s no excuse for anyone to behave in an inappropriate or unsporting manner, perhaps you may wish to give some of your fellow players the benefit of the doubt.

Players should not be reported for their skill level. Players who simply aren’t as good as you should not be reported. If they’re breaking the Terms of Service some way, such as being abusive in chat, please report them; but do not report someone simply because you believe they’re a poor player.

For everyone else, please report them via the link below. When filing a report, remember that the more evidence you provide, the sooner we’ll be in a position to take action against the individual if they are indeed behaving in an inappropriate or unsporting manner. We’re ideally looking for video evidence, remembering to open up the tab window so that we can see the server name as well as the recorded actions that the player is doing in-game. Pictures are also helpful, although nowhere near as good as video.

Please read the following guide for reporting a player: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183237

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post. Inappropriate and unsporting behaviour is something we’re working to minimise in Nosgoth for the betterment of the community as a whole. We thank you for your help and support as we look to develop an even more enjoyable experience for all of Nosgoth’s players.

MasterShuriko
11th Nov 2015, 21:19
Finally! Atlast something good might happen now!

KaininitePriestess
11th Nov 2015, 23:25
Yes, thank you! I'll definitely be saving that link for future use, this is something that's been needed for a long time, now!

This is really appreciated, thank you!

riccetto80
12th Nov 2015, 01:45
people, this is nothing, new, was already possible report toxic players, lol.

is just advertising who try to scare the toxic player, in fact i still have to see a toxic player banned.

if i mistake please provide a list of banned people for doing this stuff, thanks.

snejjjj
12th Nov 2015, 15:55
You will ban players for being toxic or flaming? Oh boys, that would be a selfkill.

1) Implement an option of report players griefing.
2) Implement an oiption of report players cheating.
3) Implement an option to mute players.
4) Implement an option/ binds to disable chats.
5) Implement an Anti-Afk-Script
6) Implement and Anti-Cheat-Engine. Vac is a joke.

Only 0,0001% of the players report players via forums and uploading videos. Last thing is mostly a joke. You can expect everybody having a good upload speed or tons of free harddiskspace.

Da_Wolv
12th Nov 2015, 16:18
You will ban players for being toxic or flaming? Oh boys, that would be a selfkill.

1) Implement an option of report players griefing.
2) Implement an oiption of report players cheating.
3) Implement an option to mute players.
4) Implement an option/ binds to disable chats.
5) Implement an Anti-Afk-Script
6) Implement and Anti-Cheat-Engine. Vac is a joke.

Only 0,0001% of the players report players via forums and uploading videos. Last thing is mostly a joke. You can expect everybody having a good upload speed or tons of free harddiskspace.

Yep. Dat report feature was 'reported' (no pun intended) missing months ago when this League thing was still in its baby diapers (which it kinda still is).

TheDreamcrusher
12th Nov 2015, 18:27
The skill of other random players in ranked leagues is the #1 reason I don't want to play Nosgoth.

Hellboy_007
13th Nov 2015, 07:18
Awful matchmaking is the main reason for anger of some players in Nosgoth.
At first you scoff at them throughout several matches in a row, and then they break.
For example (above I signed how many hours in game these players carried out)
http://i.imgur.com/MX8NpoJ.jpg :mad2:
After the two attacks I didn't see sense to continue.

VICTORY!!!
Ranked & League combat is where Nosgoth’s toughest warriors go to test their mettle against the best players in the world. It is no place for young bloods seeking a laid back saunter across Nosgoth. If your focus isn’t 100% on winning, then you’re on the wrong field of war (standard TDM will be perfect for you).

LOL :nut:
And how these players appeared with me in one team...
My fault?

http://i.imgur.com/MoSwIsX.jpg
This match is more balanced, at me even was chance to win, but two players broke to me game at all.
Again my fault?

Unbalanced matches prevail.
You can't balance them and it is the fact.
(It isn't enough players online, there are no correct ideas, bad realization etc.)
But you can (must!!!) stimulate somehow players who play with awful players against strong players! :worship:
It is just necessary to award depending on the personal score if the team lost.
Otherwise there is no sense to play when the probability to win is close to zero.
http://i.imgur.com/MX8NpoJ.jpg
If the player left game, his points and gold have to be distributed among the remained players.

Guardian1uk
13th Nov 2015, 15:34
Players found to be repeatedly avoiding combat without any intention of engaging, whether that be in lobbies or in-game, will have their League eligibility stripped from them.

With that said, repeated abandonment of battle or refusal to fight will not be accepted.

Oghamsmith can you clarify this please.

for example when you say abandoment your talking about players idling/afking and just passively allowing the other team to kill them etc?