PDA

View Full Version : [XBox One] Game Breaking Glitch in The Cathedral [Resolved]

Somnia
11th Nov 2015, 18:08
Moderator Note: We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

Again, we are very sorry about this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am playing the XB1 version of the game and just got to The Cathedral. I hit the cutscene where you fall down and have to shoot the generators before you fall to your death. After shooting the generators it just shows Lara hanging there with no rope in a weird animation and floats through the sky, she then clips through the wall and keeps going. I am unable to do anything but reload the checkpoint, shoot the generators and see it happen over and over again.

Somnia
11th Nov 2015, 18:17
I attempted to use the backup save, but it happened again. I crossed the threshold for the cut scene to start and it lets me just walk into the room. Then I run back and it loads the checkpoint but no floor under Ana. It plays out the cut scene and I try shooting the generators and it keeps happening.

Somnia
11th Nov 2015, 20:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydZQtdHfKs

Video of the glitch.

MeaganMarie
11th Nov 2015, 21:02
Thanks so much Somnia - the video really helps. I'll escalate this to the QA team to see if we can get to the bottom of it. Very sorry for the trouble!

Somnia
11th Nov 2015, 21:24
Your welcome... guess I'll wait to see if you guys can fix it. If not I'll restart sometime.

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 21:45
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

Romirs
12th Nov 2015, 17:02
I'm at the event where you're hanging by the rope with Ana and two generators. After I shoot them Ana and the rope vanish and I'm literally left hanging with no possibles actions. Reloading the checkpoint doesn't help.

When I load the backup save I can climb back up but Ana and the soldiers aren't there. If I die or reload the checkpoint then I get the next cutscene but it's glitched with the blown away floor section already missing. I still can't progress once I get control.

Main campaign, physical disc, Xbox One Elite, day one patch.

No rope hanging after generators are destroyed (http://i.imgur.com/ucCgpJC.jpg)
Falling through the world while stuck hanging (http://i.imgur.com/BKJNs8v.jpg)

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 17:09
Hello Romirs! I'm really sorry you're having trouble. I'm going to merge this thread with another one titled "[XBox One] Game Breaking Glitch in The Cathedral [Under Investigation]" as you are both encountering the same issue. This way we can track and respond in the same place. We're trying to reproduce the bug and get to the bottom of it!

Somnia
15th Nov 2015, 18:19
Just thought I'd see if there's been any update on this?

brownlettuce
17th Nov 2015, 00:15
Same thing just happened to me.

MeaganMarie
17th Nov 2015, 02:17
We're still looking into this - so far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

Did you do anything between exiting the acropolis and entering the cathedral, such as fast traveling out of the area? Completing any side tombs? So on. Any extra info will help!

Somnia
17th Nov 2015, 13:01
We're still looking into this - so far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

Did you do anything between exiting the acropolis and entering the cathedral, such as fast traveling out of the area? Completing any side tombs? So on. Any extra info will help!

Honestly I can't remember exactly what I did. I do remember traveling back to the Geothermal area to do the optional tombs (not the one with the rebreather) which I am positive I did right before going into the Cathedral.

Kommodus
17th Nov 2015, 17:51
Hi, so I have the exact same bug, Xbox tag: kommodu5
After Sofia was a real cool gal and gave me the tip on where to find the atlas and a new toy I decided to go back and complete some tombs, side quests, got a bunch of coins and collecctibles, spent yesterday evening. Today I come back to progress the story and I have got stuck in the exact same place, exactly liek Somnias video. Please save my game! I put a lot of hours into it /sadface

MeaganMarie
17th Nov 2015, 18:57
One more question - at any point did you play any Expedition modes (Score Attack, Remnant Resistance, Chapter Replay) prior to the point in the main campaign where you encountered this bug?

Kommodus
17th Nov 2015, 19:21
One more question - at any point did you play any Expedition modes (Score Attack, Remnant Resistance, Chapter Replay) prior to the point in the main campaign where you encountered this bug?

Hello there, in my case I have only been playing the campaign, seasoned raider difficulty, and have not played any other mode or chapter select

xNoodles
17th Nov 2015, 19:35
Hi, I just wanted to mention I'm encountering this exact same bug this last weekend on XBox One. I haven't played any other modes, just the campaign on normal difficulty and basically the exact same circumstances that was reported above - the issue seems to start with the checkpoint and cut scene where I grab Ana not starting properly. I run past the yellow checkpoint and can run around the cathedral area, and when I turn back part of the world looks like it disappeared and I can fall through and die. When it reloads after I die, the cut scene immediately starts with Ana but after the generator sequence I just hang there infinitely.

I tried to back track back to a camp site but there's no fast travel or any way to load in another area - seems like a problem where that initial explosion cut scene never loads properly and the world/area is left in a messed up state? I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary before either, just playing through normally. I'm pretty much stuck, and the back up save just takes place right before that explosion cut scene so it doesn't help :(

Somnia
17th Nov 2015, 22:00

I have not done any expeditions.

PeeKay85
18th Nov 2015, 00:56
Hello,

I have the same problem, first I have fought trough the village, killed the lynx, then I fast tavelled to Geothermal Valley and did one optional tomb! After that i bought from the store in the soviet area! Did some hunting cheevos and after that I progressed with the story!

I also travelled back to the camp, but now no fast travelling is avaible!

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:47
Update! We've been able to reproduce this issue and are working on a fix!

Somnia
19th Nov 2015, 05:22

Awesome news! Thank you so much for staying on top of this and helping!

Kommodus
19th Nov 2015, 09:28

You bring tears of joy to mi face lass! TEARS! now hopefully we can preserve our save? :)

xNoodles
19th Nov 2015, 15:52
Yay, hope the fix comes soon. I'm itching to finish the main story.

MeaganMarie
21st Nov 2015, 03:01
We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

Somnia
21st Nov 2015, 05:23
We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

Thanks for the notice. I am going to restart and enjoy the experience again, give props to the dev. team for creating such a fantastic game even in despite of this glitch.

I'm glad myself and others could help you all find and fix this. Any ETA on patch 2?

xNoodles
22nd Nov 2015, 01:26
Well that's frustrating, but i'm glad there's a heads up to start over now.

MeaganMarie
24th Nov 2015, 00:21
Thanks for the notice. I am going to restart and enjoy the experience again, give props to the dev. team for creating such a fantastic game even in despite of this glitch.

I'm glad myself and others could help you all find and fix this. Any ETA on patch 2?

Not just yet. As soon as I have news, I'll update in the technical forums. Again, really sorry for the trouble. I know restarting is a huge pain. :(

dtagle
19th Jan 2017, 21:30

Well, I just bought this game for the Xbox360 and this glitch of Lara getting stuck on the wall is still happening.

Since I bought this game in late 2016, I would think that the Xbox360 machine would PATCH this glitch BEFORE I would start playing it.

Obviously not!

Is there a way to fix this glitch without me having to lose my save point to this level?....

FOR REFERENCE, SPOT WHERE IT OCCURS:
https://youtu.be/DydZQtdHfKs?t=6s