PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One ROTR bundle error

marachan
11th Nov 2015, 03:23
I ended up buying an Xbox One Tomb Raider bundle, the game code for Rise of the Tomb Raider still shows flagged as pre order and will not allow game play. After about 10 hours of talks with Microsoft support, i will not be able to play the game until 11/13/15 even though the release day was today. I am disappointed in this exclusive release. when i try to open up the game on the system, i get an error saying that it is not released yet, and then I am redirected to the store to purchase another copy.

TheSho
11th Nov 2015, 05:14
I ended up buying an Xbox One Tomb Raider bundle, the game code for Rise of the Tomb Raider still shows flagged as pre order and will not allow game play. After about 10 hours of talks with Microsoft support, i will not be able to play the game until 11/13/15 even though the release day was today. I am disappointed in this exclusive release. when i try to open up the game on the system, i get an error saying that it is not released yet, and then I am redirected to the store to purchase another copy.

Where do you live?

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 08:28
This does sound like a region issue. What region did you set your console to and what region is your MS account set to?

marachan
11th Nov 2015, 10:42
I have the Console set to United states, I live and bought it at a Best Buy in Connecticut and Microsoft Tech support just says to wait until friday =/

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 11:06
I have the Console set to United states, I live and bought it at a Best Buy in Connecticut and Microsoft Tech support just says to wait until friday =/

and is your MS account set to US? Log into xbox.com and go to Microsoft Account in the top right hand corner.

marachan
11th Nov 2015, 19:19
Yes, Everything is set to US, the issue is that the purchase date that came up when I put in the code was 11/13/15 as seen in the below picture
http://s18.postimg.org/str4a2z0p/tomb_raider_screenshot.png

i spent about 10 hours in chat with microsoft support, who pretty much just told me to wait it out or buy another copy

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 21:13
Yes, Everything is set to US, the issue is that the purchase date that came up when I put in the code was 11/13/15 as seen in the below picture
http://s18.postimg.org/str4a2z0p/tomb_raider_screenshot.png

i spent about 10 hours in chat with microsoft support, who pretty much just told me to wait it out or buy another copy

I have a feeling this is an issue with MS rather than the game itself. I think that you will have to wait until Friday. On the upside, I don't think that there is any Season Pass conten at the moment that you are missing out on.