PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved]

biancheeseteeth
10th Nov 2015, 22:27
Moderator Note: We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

Again, we are very sorry about this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to figure out this bug since yesterday, however I've had no luck.

While in the Acropolis the first time, Jacob spoke over the radio, however I didn't continue with the story. I went to the nearby challenge tomb. Once I came back to the Acropolis (this is what I believe triggered the bug) I picked up and threw a chicken which for some reason ended up locking Lara's movement for a brief period. I had to spam the buttons on the controller for her to move again. Once I tried progressing with the story - making it up to the village where the cutscene of Trinity soldiers shooting Remnants is meant to play, it doesn't. I'm freely able to walk into the area (and even further if I want to). The furthest point I was able to make it up to was when you save Sofia. I assume a cutscene is meant to play once you kill the four soldiers, however it doesn't. I'm able to collect the grenade arrow, but once I destory the barricade Lara's movements lock up permanently this time. The only way I'm able to move is by using the axe, but I still can't progress through the story.

I've tried using a backup save, but it seems I've been playing the game post-bug for too long, so it doesn't put me before the incident.

Any help would be great. I'd rather find a fix than have to replay the entire game up to this point, so thank you. Also, I'm new to the forums so sorry if I'm unable to make threads. There doesn't seem to be an existing thread I can post into though.

RobinHuey
11th Nov 2015, 05:49
I've been trying to figure out this bug since yesterday, however I've had no luck.

While in the Acropolis the first time, Jacob spoke over the radio, however I didn't continue with the story. I went to the nearby challenge tomb. Once I came back to the Acropolis (this is what I believe triggered the bug) I picked up and threw a chicken which for some reason ended up locking Lara's movement for a brief period. I had to spam the buttons on the controller for her to move again. Once I tried progressing with the story - making it up to the village where the cutscene of Trinity soldiers shooting Remnants is meant to play, it doesn't. I'm freely able to walk into the area (and even further if I want to). The furthest point I was able to make it up to was when you save Sofia. I assume a cutscene is meant to play once you kill the four soldiers, however it doesn't. I'm able to collect the grenade arrow, but once I destory the barricade Lara's movements lock up permanently this time. The only way I'm able to move is by using the axe, but I still can't progress through the story.

I've tried using a backup save, but it seems I've been playing the game post-bug for too long, so it doesn't put me before the incident.

Any help would be great. I'd rather find a fix than have to replay the entire game up to this point, so thank you. Also, I'm new to the forums so sorry if I'm unable to make threads. There doesn't seem to be an existing thread I can post into though.

Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave: Sorry you're encountering this and thanks for starting the thread and verifying you tried the back-up save. Could you please send a few more details to help us look into this?

• What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
• Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
• If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
• Do you have the Day 1 patch installed?

biancheeseteeth
11th Nov 2015, 07:04
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave: Sorry you're encountering this and thanks for starting the thread and verifying you tried the back-up save. Could you please send a few more details to help us look into this?

• What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
• Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
• If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
• Do you have the Day 1 patch installed?

I'm playing on Xbox One, playing the main campaign. I haven't finished in another save slot and I do have the Day 1 patch installed! :)

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 08:34
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

lunchboxzombie1
12th Nov 2015, 02:44
i to am having the same problem ive tried the back up save and even leaving to another area and fast traveling back no luck.how ever when i watch it online there's soldiers before you go under ground in the open area with a well looking thing in the middle. for me there is no soldiers here it is all empty till you get to the 2 when you first go under ground.and one of them is studying the mural also for me when i get to the room with sofia there are 3 soldiers not 4 not sure if that matters.... im also playing on main campain xbox one first playthrough and i had it pre-ordered and downloaded like 3 or 4 weeks before relese so i assume the first patch is downloaded.

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 16:46
Thank you for the info! If you happen to have any screenshots or videos of the bug that would be super helpful. We're looking into it, though!

fatessilence
12th Nov 2015, 17:23
when you go into the tower catacombs, in the scene where the douchecanoes kill Sofa's bro? I used poison to insta-kill them. Which meant her friend didn't die. And the game doesn't have dialogue for that, so it lets you get the grenade arrows and fire them at the door but then freezes.

And reloading the game doesn't seem to be helping. Please advise.

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 17:33
Thanks for bringing this to our attention & sorry for the trouble. Is there any chance you could provide a quick video clip of the bug? I'm passing this on to QA now regardless.

fatessilence
12th Nov 2015, 18:44
I don't have one at the moment. :/ I could get one for you tonight. (I am relaying for a friend. Now I know not what to do when I get to that part).

She said that no matter what she does, she will get this freeze regardless.

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 18:59
I'll check back for a video whenever you're able to share!

Morfius01
12th Nov 2015, 22:12
Hi

Have absolutly the same bug. Xbox One, first story playthrough.

MeaganMarie
13th Nov 2015, 01:20
Lunchboxzombie1 & Morfius01 - Another quick question - after defeating the flamethrower boss, did you go straight into the acropolis, or did you leave the story path and venture into any challenge tombs or fast travel to finish other quests?

steve323413
13th Nov 2015, 03:20
I am having the same issue. I watched a walk through online of what is suppose to happen and after you kill the three soldiers that are holding the tribe people in the room with the breakthrough wall; its suppose to go straight to a cut scene. I am Playing on xbox 360, story mode on survivor, first time playthrough. I ventured out and fast traveled a couples times before I reached this glitch. I didn't finish any other quests or tombs. Only fast traveled. This is frustrating.

NotATinkerPony
13th Nov 2015, 05:16
I'm experiencing the same issue. Watching some walkthrough gameplay videos that were able to progress past this bug, I've identified a few key differences between the walkthrough and my gameplay that may cause the required cutscenes to not trigger.

1. I did not check into the base camp at the Remnant Bazaar. Thus, I missed out on Lara's monologue about fighting with the Remnant. I believe not triggering this monologue is what caused the next cutscene to fail.

2. Upon dropping into the Bazaar, and reaching the courtyard where the Remnant are executed, there was no cutscene and none of the enemies spawned. The lack of this cutscene is likely what caused the next cutscene to fail as well.

3. Enemies in the area first spawned at beginning of the underground portion of the level (when a Trinity soldier says "Let's move, the rest of them can catch up"), and the level progressed seemingly as normal up until the room with Sofia. Upon killing all the enemies in the room with Sofia, the cutscene where Lara and Sofia exchange words doesn't occur. The Remnant prisoners instead stay crouched or huddled on the ground in fear, and I'm unable to interact with them in any way.

After this point, the bug continues as described above. I'm able to make my way to the armory, acquire the grenade arrows, and even blow open the door. Upon blowing up the door, my movement locks up, and I can no longer turn or move. I can aim and fire my bow, and spam melee to move around slightly.

My current theory on this is that the execution cutscene did not trigger because I failed to check in at the Remnant Bazaar base camp, thereby missing Lara's monolgue at that camp.

So I guess my question now is: is there any way to fix this? I've unfortunately relied too much on the auto-save of the game ( I have only one save file), and I am now past the point of being able to go back and trigger any of the cutscenes that I've missed. I can't reload the save or chapter, as doing so drops me down a hole that I cannot get out of.

LilJimmy
13th Nov 2015, 16:58
I have the same issue. I'm playing on the Xbox one. After the flamethrower boss I went to a challenge tomb and fast travelled to previous locations multiple times before progressing to The Acropolis. I also used the fast travel at the first camp-site in The Acropolis.

fatessilence
13th Nov 2015, 17:00
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bochzyics2ddg43/Upload%20Studio.mp4?dl=0

she uploaded it here. I hope it helps!

fatessilence
13th Nov 2015, 17:20
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bochzyics2ddg43/Upload%20Studio.mp4?dl=0

fatessilence
13th Nov 2015, 17:39
Just wanted to make sure it was working. SOrry for the spam

Jashan_Brar
14th Nov 2015, 06:42
Thank you for the info! If you happen to have any screenshots or videos of the bug that would be super helpful. We're looking into it, though!

I am having same problem. After beating Flamethrower boss I did lot of exploration, Tombs and Allies mission. I am on Xbox One.

Kyle-3129
14th Nov 2015, 06:49
Spoilers* I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through. I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks. This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn and some times she does. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one. The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried reverting to the backup save. Same thing happened. Please help if you can I would like to keep playing!

Morfius01
14th Nov 2015, 08:33
Another quick question - after defeating the flamethrower boss, did you go straight into the acropolis, or did you leave the story path and venture into any challenge tombs or fast travel to finish other quests?
Yeh, I did some exploration, ventured into a tomb (between village and acropolis), used fast travel to the merchant.

Altairseven
14th Nov 2015, 19:57
i had the same issue but a little bit early, just after the cutscene in wich you get the granade arrow, i climb back the ledge and shot the arrow trough the windows to unblock the gate below, then lara stop responding to movement, I checked on youtube gameplays and a cutscene its supossed to load after the gate its unblocked, but it doesnt, it just stays there, without lara beeing able to move.

I am playing on Xbox One in a digital updated copy of the game, in the main campain for the first time.

philou25300
15th Nov 2015, 15:20
I play xbox one

after shooting the arrow with grenade in the door
I'm stuck, I can not move
even if I recharge it does not work

JaydedGaymer
15th Nov 2015, 20:41
I am have the exact same problem as NotATinkerToy. Xbox One, Day One Patch downloaded. However, this is my second play through, this time on survivor. I have had zero issues until Acropolis. Lara is now frozen (no travel movement) after using a grenade arrow to blow open the metal door below the hole in the iron window.

[QUOTE=NotATinkerPony;2185019]I'm experiencing the same issue. Watching some walkthrough gameplay videos that were able to progress past this bug, I've identified a few key differences between the walkthrough and my gameplay that may cause the required cutscenes to not trigger.

[B]1. I did not check into the base camp at the Remnant Bazaar. Thus, I missed out on Lara's monologue about fighting with the Remnant. I believe not triggering this monologue is what caused the next cutscene to fail.

patty990
16th Nov 2015, 02:08
I am stuck in the Acropolis mission. I was playing the mission from the point where Laura comes down a hill to a burning campsite goes through a few guards and falls into an underground tunnel system and kills a couple more guards then goes through the small hole in the wall. I think my problem is here, I looked up the mission walkthrough online while trying to see why it would not work, it is supposed to play a cut-scene where Laura saves the local woman whom she has been helping. Then she goes through the brick wall with the climbing hook to the outside of the blocked door and crafts explosive arrows. I get here and she shoots the door and the next cut scene is supposed play however Laura just becomes stuck and I cannot move but all of her other functions work. She can switch weapons, throw melees, and shoot while actively aiming. No jumping no running around or moving at all.
First resolution I found online was to try the backup save and I did but to no avail the exact same issue happens repeatedly. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game.
Xbox one on disc

Any advice would be awesome, would rather not restart but if so oh well.

Kostja93
16th Nov 2015, 07:04
I have exact the same bug! Platform is Xbox One. I fear, i have to restart the game...

philou25300
16th Nov 2015, 09:00
I have exact the same bug! xbox one too :furieux:

Laekse
16th Nov 2015, 11:27
I have the exact same problem! I play on a Xbox 360 though, does that make any difference? And will there be some kind of fix for this bug sometime in the very near future?

O_zz_Y
16th Nov 2015, 15:18
I'm able to collect the grenade arrow, but once I destory the barricade Lara's movements lock up permanently this time. The only way I'm able to move is by using the axe, but I still can't progress through the story.

I have the same issue. XBox One.

matze007
16th Nov 2015, 19:36
The same thing here. Hope they fix it. I don`t want to start again.

lazarusoflife
16th Nov 2015, 20:46
Same issue here on Xbox One. See video: http://1drv.ms/1Qr0dIq . If you need others like from the empty village courtyard or the frozen lara after the grenade arrow, just let me know.

Zaxortus
16th Nov 2015, 21:19
Same Issue here:(
Xbox One, first game, during campain. After defeating the flame throwing guy i went to the cave where you have to pull the boats
I have a video here: https://youtu.be/-3iMgugvkD8

MeaganMarie
16th Nov 2015, 22:00
Spoilers* I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through. I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks. This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn and some times she does. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one. The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried reverting to the backup save. Same thing happened. Please help if you can I would like to keep playing!

Hello there! I'm merging your thread with our main one on this topic to keep all updates in a single place. Sorry for the trouble!

MeaganMarie
16th Nov 2015, 22:01
I am stuck in the Acropolis mission. I was playing the mission from the point where Laura comes down a hill to a burning campsite goes through a few guards and falls into an underground tunnel system and kills a couple more guards then goes through the small hole in the wall. I think my problem is here, I looked up the mission walkthrough online while trying to see why it would not work, it is supposed to play a cut-scene where Laura saves the local woman whom she has been helping. Then she goes through the brick wall with the climbing hook to the outside of the blocked door and crafts explosive arrows. I get here and she shoots the door and the next cut scene is supposed play however Laura just becomes stuck and I cannot move but all of her other functions work. She can switch weapons, throw melees, and shoot while actively aiming. No jumping no running around or moving at all.
First resolution I found online was to try the backup save and I did but to no avail the exact same issue happens repeatedly. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game.
Xbox one on disc

Any advice would be awesome, would rather not restart but if so oh well.

Hello there! Very sorry for the trouble. We're looking into it but could use a bit more information so we can get to the bottom of the bug. Also, I'm going to merge this thread with the main one so we can keep all info on this bug in a single place!

Please advise:
- After defeating the area boss after getting the shotgun, did you fast travel out of the area? Did you enter the nearby side tomb?
- If you fast travelled out, do you remember where you went before heading back to the acropolis?
- Did you die on the way to the courtyard before noticing the NPCs weren't there?
- Were you trying to collect everything, or just running from beacon to beacon?
- Did you have any issues during the shotgun fight area? Did you die in this area at all?

techbeckk
16th Nov 2015, 22:21
Having the same issue. If I have to restart the whole game from the start....not going to be real happy about it and probably will never finish the game or start it again.

Very disappointing bug

- After defeating the area boss after getting the shotgun, did you fast travel out of the area? Did you enter the nearby side tomb?
Fast traveled out to the Geothermal valley to do some more challenges/collectibles. Went to the tomb as well.
- If you fast travelled out, do you remember where you went before heading back to the acropolis?
Went back to the Geothermal valley.
- Did you die on the way to the courtyard before noticing the NPCs weren't there?
Didnt die. Didnt see any NPCs and just thought it was a normal part of the game. No cutscenes at all and the checkpoint market never disappeared.
Just collecting what I could.
- Did you have any issues during the shotgun fight area? Did you die in this area at all?
Didnt die....no issues.

MeaganMarie
16th Nov 2015, 23:14
I play xbox one

after shooting the arrow with grenade in the door
I'm stuck, I can not move
even if I recharge it does not work

Hello there - I'm merging this thread with our primary one on this issue (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253) so we can track and update everyone in one place!

TheOnlyOutburst
17th Nov 2015, 00:20
Hi, I'm french so please excuse my bad english.
Having the same issue. Playing on Xbox One.

irishgreenwave
17th Nov 2015, 02:08
I'm having the same bug. I beat the optional tomb after beating the flamethrower boss, and then traveled to the Soviet Installation camp near the shack, where I purchased the grenade launcher and used that on a few caves in the Soviet Installation area before returning to the main story and getting locked out.

This is really frustrating.

matze007
17th Nov 2015, 07:26
Before beating the area boss, i restarted the checkpoint twice. After beating him, i went to the geothermal valley for collectibles.In the acropolis area, i collected some items,went to the underground tunnel, beat the enemys and after getting the explosives arrows i shot the door and then lara didn´t move. So far i remember i didn´t die

Zaxortus
17th Nov 2015, 09:20
Didn't fast travel to anywhere.
I tried to enter te nearby side tombn but couldn't
--
Didnt die. Didnt see any NPCs and just thought it was a normal part of the game.
I was collecting everything, looking for every piece that could help in the game
During the fight I died twice because of the flamethrower, but had no issues

t3hOutlaw
17th Nov 2015, 10:45
I'm experiencing the same issue. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBzOVDm9bzY)

I'll try to help with information as best I can.

Playing on Xbox One disc.
I'm playing on survivor difficulty.
Did not die at the flamethrower boss.
Went exploring afterwards a little bit. Cleared the tomb where you get the ability to shoot at hearts.
Continued to the Acropolis.
No battle in the courtyard.
No enemies spawned in the courtyard and no cut scenes played.
I explored the area to pick up everything I could and lit the campfire.
Continue as normal inside. NPC's don't react to my presence.
Grenade arrow cut scene plays.
Shoot grenade arrow at blocked door.
Lara freezes in play. Can only move by melee attacks.

crazziepl
17th Nov 2015, 15:23
Hello,

Same situation here, playing on xbox one on third difficulty level (don't remember the name...)

I went directly to the acropolis, no fast traveling, no tombs..

----

Nope, I went directly to the market and nobody was there

I tried three times, with collecting, without, and with changing location to randomly via nearest camp and back to Acropolis, everytime I had same situation - no NPCs, no cutscenes

I killed that basta*d without any problems and issues

Please do something with this, because we can't play, hype is so real :(

MeaganMarie
17th Nov 2015, 18:57
One more question - at any point did you play any Expedition modes (Score Attack, Remnant Resistance, Chapter Replay) prior to the point in the main campaign where you encountered this bug?

techbeckk
17th Nov 2015, 19:04
One more question - at any point did you play any Expedition modes (Score Attack, Remnant Resistance, Chapter Replay) prior to the point in the main campaign where you encountered this bug?

Nope...never even went in to the expedition option at all.

xam17x
17th Nov 2015, 19:13
Hi there,

i have the same bug as everyone here.

I only have entered the siede tomb

not done.

no

i try to collect erverithing on the map bevor i go to the next beacon

no

crazziepl
17th Nov 2015, 22:30

Only main campaign, I didn't touch any other modes

riseofthetomb
18th Nov 2015, 04:32
i have such Glitch playing on my xbox 360 of rise of the tomb raider which i downloaded on release day.

After the Scene where you get the Grenade Arrow you must climb up and explode a Metaldoor thru a Metalwindow or something.

I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through.

I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks.

This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one at this point and not cut scene as well, which should happend but i dont

The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

techbeckk
18th Nov 2015, 04:47

I went ahead and started another play thru. This time when I arrived in the Geothermal valley, I didnt do any side quests and just picked up a few strong boxes. I went straight to the check points and everything appears to be working fine. No lockups or anything and got past the problem part.

Tihocan
18th Nov 2015, 05:39
Could be related to this one: [Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253)

t3hOutlaw
18th Nov 2015, 14:02
So it looks like the solution is to start again? *sigh*

Weekend wasted playing on survivor mode. Probably not going to bother now.. Shame. Was really enjoying it too.

Tecstar70
18th Nov 2015, 14:16
So it looks like the solution is to start again? *sigh*

Weekend wasted playing on survivor mode. Probably not going to bother now.. Shame. Was really enjoying it too.

One thing that everyone ought to do is rotate your save game slots. There are 3 in the game and I change mine every so often. Also, have you tried opening a backup save? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925

t3hOutlaw
18th Nov 2015, 14:37
One thing that everyone ought to do is rotate your save game slots. There are 3 in the game and I change mine every so often. Also, have you tried opening a backup save? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925

I went to the back up save for the game slot I was using but that didn't help.

You shouldn't have to rotate save slots. The game is designed to be a seamless with little to no loading screens. It's not a word document or a final thesis, I'm playing a triple 'A' game, the bug should not happen.

/rant

Tecstar70
18th Nov 2015, 16:00
I went to the back up save for the game slot I was using but that didn't help.

You shouldn't have to rotate save slots. The game is designed to be a seamless with little to no loading screens. It's not a word document or a final thesis, I'm playing a triple 'A' game, the bug should not happen.

/rant

This is true, but things do go wrong sometimes and I would rather rotate my save slot every so often than have to repeat 20 or 30 hours of a game. I am 20+ hours and 60% in and I haven't experienced any glitches or bugs whatsoever, but I am still doing it.

Bigos86
18th Nov 2015, 16:51
Hello, I had the same problem like everybody else - there is nobody on the courtyard, Sofia doesn't want to talk with me and i'm stuck after blowing up the door with granade arrow. Is there any chance that SE patch this bug in near future?

My answers:
I have game on disc, i download patch.
No, i was in valley, and yes, I was in tomb. After I saw problem, I try go to other areas and went back to acropol, but it didn't helped.
Went back to the Geothermal valley and soviet outpost (but it was after I realized problem).
No.
Just collecting what I could.
Didn't die. Everything was fine.

Please, PLEASE SE - fix this, because this is very disappointing. Game is great, but things like this is very frustrating. If I will have to start again, I will probably not do it, and sell the game.

PS. Very sorry for my english - i'm from Polish and i dont have lot in common with yours language ;)

Mauled87
18th Nov 2015, 18:56
I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. I am playing on Survivor, on Xbox One.

To answer the question...I didn't die against the flamethrower dude.

I did exploring in the area when I could attempting to get everything. I didn't fast travel at all. I went to the nearest tomb that I could (the one with the boats.) I did die several times in the tomb before I finished it. Afterwards, I made my way forward like I was supposed to, collecting everything I could. Eventually, I noticed checkpoints stopped refreshing (specifically the one in the marketplace I believe it's called) and then they continued not refreshing. Eventually when I go to shoot out the door with the grenade arrows she just doesn't move.

Here is a video that shows exactly what is going on. It's not my video, but it shows exactly what is happening non-the-less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3iMgugvkD8

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:14
We think we may have figured out the issue. At any point prior to encountering the bug, did you go to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in the Geothermal Valley, realize you needed a near gear item to access it, and then quit out or turned back from the tomb?

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:49
Update! We've finally been able to reproduce this and are working towards a fix!

crazziepl
19th Nov 2015, 12:43
@MeganMarie

You think about that tomb where you need oxygen mask? Yes i was there before I went to Acropolis

lazarusoflife
19th Nov 2015, 15:40
@MeganMarie

I too went to the Bath of Kitezh tomb, realized I didn't have the re-breather, and and turned back.

Mauled87
19th Nov 2015, 16:00
Yeah...if you're talking about the tomb that you need the rebreather for, I too went there prior to the bug.

matze007
19th Nov 2015, 19:56
I went there too. Great that you reproduced the bug.

CypherGreen
20th Nov 2015, 05:10
I've just run into this bug.
If you need a video of it here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhtluOUpsQ&feature=youtu.be

Psymon1984
20th Nov 2015, 12:14
Hi everyone. Got this bug las night. Movement stopped after using grenade arrow. One thing I do remember happening was once I reached the beacon to enter the market type place (before going under ground) the beacon stayed lit. Entered challenge tomb (boats) before progressing to Acropolis. Wasn't near a tomb that required re breather though? If this glitch is fixed will I be able to continue with current saved game or will I have to restart?

tomcat68
20th Nov 2015, 20:35
I just encountered this bug also. I'm stuck unable to get past the Acropolis map after shooting down the door with the grenade arrow. I went back to a previous save but it wasn't far back enough. I now cannot move on to the next stage of the campaign. I hope there is a patch soon that not not only prevents this bug from happening but also fixes it for those that have already encountered it in their current game save.

Rizzer96
20th Nov 2015, 21:26
[QUOTE=Kyle-3129;2185270]Spoilers* I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through. I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks. This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn and some times she does. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one. The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried reverting to the backup save. Same thing happened. Please help if you can I would like to keep playing![/QUOT

I'm having the same issue. Any fixes? :)

Meowsh86
20th Nov 2015, 23:22
Hey Meagan Marie/Crystal Dynamics, huge fan of you guys and the games you make!
So, regarding this bug, I encountered this a week ago pretty much the same way most of the other players here are describing. When entering the market place that is on fire, there were no enemy soldiers and no cutscene played which lead to Lara becoming stuck after destroying the door with the grenade arrows within the catacombs.

I really wanted to play through the game and was worried it might be a bit before there was a patch released, so I restarted a second playthrough and progressed only playing the main story and ignoring everything else (to save time). I just reached the market area that is on fire and the cutscene played! On my original playthrough I did a lot of exploring and I believe I either fast traveled from one of the camps right before the Acropolis or entered one of the side tombs before the Acropolis instead of continuing the main story, which may have triggered the bug.

It's not ideal, but I suggest for others who really want to get through this game, to start a second playthrough and just sprint through the story and ignore everything else, while also swapping save files every 5-10% in case a bug is encountered. it's actually pretty quick given that there is so much optional content. It only took me a few hours compared to the probably 10-15 hours I had put in on my first playthrough leading up to that point from exploring everything. Obviously you won't have the collectibles gathered from the previous playthrough but at least you can progress the story now! For the rest of my play though I'm going to swap save files here and there so I always have a recent one I can go back to if I encounter any other bugs. I've also kept my original first playthrough save file in case it gets fixed for players who are already affected by it.

Playing on Xbox One, Patch 1 installed, digital version.

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 01:10
Is this ever gonna be fixed, I feel no one is getting anywhere with it. And if the only fix is to start th e game over, I will be pissed

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 01:23
We think we may have figured out the issue. At any point prior to encountering the bug, did you go to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in the Geothermal Valley, realize you needed a near gear item to access it, and then quit out or turned back from the tomb?

Can it be fixed? Is there a time frame of when?

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 01:26
Is we did do that why would it make a difference, isn't the point of the game to try and explore, is there going to be a fix any time soon

LoKi2jZ
21st Nov 2015, 01:43
Similar situation. Went Over the bridge. Blew the barricade. No cutscene and I can't go under the damnned wooden door. Howeve unlike some of the other folks when I hit that well area b4 the catacombs there were soldiers there. And I had no problem with the first cutscene when u blow the first barricade from behind the gate/window to release Sofia and the rest. I could move just fine and went back to prior areas finished up some seeking. Came back..still can't enter into the Acropolis. Reloaded, quit game reloaded.. Nothin she will not crawl under that damn hole in the door. Similarly when I went back to the copper mine and went all the way up b4 the chopper run in the room where the shield guys come the first time. After crawling through from the passageway into that room there was no way out since the top exit had been blown shut. Had to reload checkpoint from there as well. This buggyness is ridiculous.
Did I buy the damned beta???

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 01:46
Is we did do that why would it make a difference, isn't the point of the game to try and explore, is there going to be a fix any time soon

LoKi2jZ
21st Nov 2015, 01:51
P.s.. While playing "rise of the tomb raider" did you happen to try to go into a tomb?.. Well that's how you broke your game. Kinda ******ed IMO

tomcat68
21st Nov 2015, 02:13
It's not ideal, but I suggest for others who really want to get through this game, to start a second playthrough and just sprint through the story and ignore everything else, while also swapping save files every 5-10% in case a bug is encountered. .

I know I could do a speed run, but that would defeat the purpose of the game, and you wouldn't gain the equipment, resources, and XP from the side quests, and therefore even when you get back to the place of the bug in a day of replaying, you would be a weaker character at that point with less abilities and upgrades, and the game just wouldn't be the same after that while completing the rest of the game. I'm glad you were able to replay but for me I just couldn't bring myself to do that, so I'm going to wait for a patch hopefully.

A bug like this would normally mean I'm through, I'm selling my game and moving on but this is one of the best games this generation so far, so want to give it a chance.

MeaganMarie
21st Nov 2015, 02:59
Update - we've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

damascus
21st Nov 2015, 12:13
So i have to restart the game :mad2:Pathetic

Daz8000
21st Nov 2015, 13:45
Update - we've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

How do i issue a formal complaint, get a refund and compensation for wasting my time.

Meowsh86
21st Nov 2015, 15:22
I know I could do a speed run, but that would defeat the purpose of the game, and you wouldn't gain the equipment, resources, and XP from the side quests, and therefore even when you get back to the place of the bug in a day of replaying, you would be a weaker character at that point with less abilities and upgrades, and the game just wouldn't be the same after that while completing the rest of the game. I'm glad you were able to replay but for me I just couldn't bring myself to do that, so I'm going to wait for a patch hopefully.

A bug like this would normally mean I'm through, I'm selling my game and moving on but this is one of the best games this generation so far, so want to give it a chance.

I hear you completely, I didn't mean a full speed run, I just meant a speed run up until that point in the game, which only takes a few hours. You're right though, it's not playing it like it's intended. I'm passed the Acropolis now and playing the game at a normal pace again, and yes I do not have all of the upgrades and collectibles from my other save, but I'll probably go do a lot of that stuff before the final section or after completing the game as I assume you can still free roam afterwards.

If this happened in MGSV, I would be done, for probably a few years lol, given how long that game is. This was one of my most anticipated games this year, so I'm just biting the bullet and playing the rest of it without all of that stuff for now.

CypherGreen
21st Nov 2015, 16:52

Not all of us are young enough, or unemployed enough to just be able to start again. I've been slowly making my way through the game in what few hours of free time I have between working long work hours and now I'm told my save file is pretty much dead when I assume I'm 2/3? of the way through the game!?

To say this is not ideal is an understatement, very few people with real responsibilities will be able to justify playing through an entire game again because it was released broken.

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 18:23
How do i issue a formal complaint, get a refund and compensation for wasting my time.

I am thoroughly upset, I would like to contact someone for a complaint as well

rassputin
21st Nov 2015, 18:26
Not all of us are young enough, or unemployed enough to just be able to start again. I've been slowly making my way through the game in what few hours of free time I have between working long work hours and now I'm told my save file is pretty much dead when I assume I'm 2/3? of the way through the game!?

To say this is not ideal is an understatement, very few people with real responsibilities will be able to justify playing through an entire game again because it was released broken.

I feel tour pain, I'm in the same situation. We need to make sure this frustration is heard. We did nothing wrong and the fact that they say starting over is the only way is ridiculous.

ManiacCop2
21st Nov 2015, 18:29
I come home from a hard days work and get an hour or 2 wherever I can and your telling me this can't be fixed ?....You cannot seriously be telling me you can't patch this. To have to start again will completely ruin all the momentum and atmosphere I've built up playing this game, if I start again and then you fix the issue I will be royaly pissed. I take it you will be issuing refunds or store/equipment credits considering you have stated the game is broken for me.........This is beyond disappointing, simply posting were very sorry isn't good enough and setting the status to resolved is an absolute joke.

Daz8000
21st Nov 2015, 22:28

? I see this forum has been set to resolve yet as far as im concermed nothing has been resolved, and your still yet adress my query i wish to submit a formal complaint.

ManiacCop2
21st Nov 2015, 23:52
So when will patch #2 be released ?.......The very least you guys could do is offer us the season pass for free.

CypherGreen
22nd Nov 2015, 00:24
Yes, as long as are stuck and the game is ruined for us this is not "Resolved".

Neuojin
22nd Nov 2015, 10:35
Hello,
Searched on the internet and came upon this thread as I seemed to hit the same issue. It's great that you've fixed it for future players but a bit of a shame it cannot be fixed for those who have already hit it.
I imagine everyone is in a similar scenario where they got this bug because they were exploring everywhere and like me they're probably reluctant to do all that again. I understand that you don't want to put in a fix that will break everyone's save file but would it be possible to send our saves over to get them fixed or add an option in the options menu to fix up the save?
To me my save game is now broken so if there is a risk it might break again with a fix then that isn't a big deal for me. I was really enjoying this game and just hope there is something that can be done to fix it, so that I can keep playing it without having to restart it :-)

alexmc666
22nd Nov 2015, 13:09
So if I understand the most current posts correctly, patch # 2 will do nothing to resolve my single save game where Lara simply stops after destroying the metal gate with the grenade arrows, obligating me to spend hours re-playing the game from the beginning. Is this correct?

alexmc666
22nd Nov 2015, 13:12
I've just gone through some of the later posts and couldn't agree more- this issue is NOT resolved if you've left a bunch of your players stuck in the middle of a broken game with no reasonable solution. And what about some kind of refund? This game clearly shipped too early and you're obviously using your customers as beta testers.

Tecstar70
22nd Nov 2015, 13:15
If I haven't done the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb am I OK?

t3hOutlaw
22nd Nov 2015, 15:09
First time I've ever wanted to issue a formal complaint on a game.

Spending 24 hours of the little time I have between work and family to be told to start again? Incredibly infuriating...

alexmc666
22nd Nov 2015, 19:01
All posters should get online and start warning people not to buy this buggy piece of crap : I already had to 'work around' the fact that a lousy piece of rope wouldn't cut on an earlier level, now I'm stuck mid-game with no resolution and apparently no interest from the developer in rectifying it (except of course, their 'sincere apologies'). Guess they got my money and that's enough.

Daz8000
22nd Nov 2015, 23:12
I've sent mine back to amazon when they asked for a reason i said the content was damaged and after speaking to the developer was told it would never be fixed in our case. Full refund. I've done this after messaging on this forum, direct messaging on twitter and exhaustivly looking for a customer services e-mail on the games site. I have never had so much crap off a game before especially from such a big company and game. I've contacted ign to try and contact square to adress why such major issues are happening and why customers are being treated like an inconvienience. Probably try and get my journo mate to write an article on lad bible. Just can't believe the lazes-fare attitude a tripple a title has been given. Totally not cool.

Reborn013
23rd Nov 2015, 02:09
I basically bought an Xbox one so I didn't have to wait to play this game. I got off work early and was really looking forward to having some extra time to play when 20 minutes into my session Laura went catatonic on me. This was one of my favorite games to that point. Then to find out there's no simple reset or work around this got really frustrating. Should have gone back to work. So I think it will be patched in a few days, no big deal until I saw this. I was completing everything going for 100%. The lost time has to be worth a free season pass! I'm not ready to give up an otherwise stellar game, but I'm afraid to restart even after the patch for fear of abother bug cropping up. You guys make outstanding games and I've been recommending them to my friends. Please give me a reason to continue. Make this right!

tomcat68
23rd Nov 2015, 04:46
Like others have agreed, restarting is not an option for many of us. We don't have unlimited free time. It took me a week to get to the point where i got this bug. I played this game the way it was designed, to do all the side missions, gathering all loot, before progressing through to the next story objective and unfortunately this very gameplay style is exactly what caused the bug! There is no way I will restart and go find all the coins and lockboxes again. That is just too much work. It was a fun discovery activity the first time, but the second time around it would be unbearably tedious busy-work.

Since all of us here are xbox owners, we all want the console to succeed and be known for having the best games. Even the timed exclusives like this one. So i have trouble going out and bashing the game on other public forums. If IGN or GameSpot start posting major front page articles about this bug it could really hurt the game and xbox one's holiday momentum which is a result of the great exclusive games xbox one has right now like this one. This game is great other than this major bug. I can excuse minor bugs that cause an occasional crash to the main menu, or a bug that causes you to have to restart from the last checkpoint. But a bug like this is inexcusable. Game designers have to do everything possible to prevent a game-ending bug like this. Even if it means less cutscenes. Do whatever it takes, but NEVER allow gamers to lose 100 percent of their ability to finish a game. Period. I hope there is still a chance that Patch 2 can fix the issue for gamers that already have the problem. Even if they have to take out an entire cutscene from the game.

alexmc666
23rd Nov 2015, 14:06
Going after Best Buy for a full refund and I'd advise everyone similarly affected to do the same.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 14:30
If I haven't done the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb am I OK?
I can answer this myself - yes, I am OK.

All posters should get online and start warning people not to buy this buggy piece of crap : I already had to 'work around' the fact that a lousy piece of rope wouldn't cut on an earlier level, now I'm stuck mid-game with no resolution and apparently no interest from the developer in rectifying it (except of course, their 'sincere apologies'). Guess they got my money and that's enough.
It's a difficult situation when so may people haven't experienced a bug that so badly affects a few. I personally have played through the whole game and not experienced any of the issues that people have posted here. I do think that your post is a little overdramatic though. If they were showing no interest in rectifying it then they wouldn't have found a fix to include in the next update. It is unfortunate that it can't be fixed retrospectively but if they could why wouldn't they, seeing as they clearly know what the problem is. If people didn't buy every "buggy piece of crap" people would buy hardly any games and there have been far worse games than this one for bugs.

alexmc666
23rd Nov 2015, 14:57
I wonder if the many other posters who put in dozens of hours of hard-won spare time and were casually told "Oh well, guess you'll have to start all over again" would find my terminology overdramatic. Minor bugs are one thing but I can't recall a major title obligating me to replay over half of an entire game because it wasn't thoroughly tested.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 15:47
I wonder if the many other posters who put in dozens of hours of hard-won spare time and were casually told "Oh well, guess you'll have to start all over again" would find my terminology overdramatic. Minor bugs are one thing but I can't recall a major title obligating me to replay over half of an entire game because it wasn't thoroughly tested.

I can't recall anyone being casually told anything. Clearly it is a specific set of circumstances that cause this problem which again is not unusual with bugs. If no-one performs a precise action then no amount of play-testing or QA is going to help. I and others have not experienced a single bug, and I am 83% complete as I have also been collecting things and doing extra challenges. It is annoying, yes, frustrating, yes. But that's what it is and you either have to play again or not. Screaming about it isn't going to change that or the fact that only a very few people are suffering from it.

tomcat68
23rd Nov 2015, 17:49
I and others have not experienced a single bug, and I am 83% complete as I have also been collecting things and doing extra challenges. It is annoying, yes, frustrating, yes. But that's what it is and you either have to play again or not. Screaming about it isn't going to change that or the fact that only a very few people are suffering from it.

I think those affected do have a right to complain about it. Within reason. Certainly I'm not expecting a full refund, a full season pass, etc. But Crystal Dynamics needs to hear the voices of those who suffered this bug and how badly it ruined the game for them.

Also, you sound confident that only a "very few" are suffering from this bug. Where did you get your statistics? The game has only been out less than 2 weeks. Many people are still buying the game and starting to play it right now as we speak. Many gamers may not have even gotten to the point of the bug yet. Crystal Dynamics needs to continuously hear complaints on these forums. They need to move fast to get a patch out. And that is for their own good. If the big gaming news sites get wind of this, even if it's only affecting a single digit percentage of gamers, it can cause a major sales and reputation backlash.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 18:34
I think those affected do have a right to complain about it. Within reason. Certainly I'm not expecting a full refund, a full season pass, etc. But Crystal Dynamics needs to hear the voices of those who suffered this bug and how badly it ruined the game for them.
Absolutely agree, and they have.

Also, you sound confident that only a "very few" are suffering from this bug. Where did you get your statistics?
Not confident as such, but due to the nature of the problem and the number of posts on the official forum it gives this impression.

The game has only been out less than 2 weeks. Many people are still buying the game and starting to play it right now as we speak. Many gamers may not have even gotten to the point of the bug yet. Crystal Dynamics needs to continuously hear complaints on these forums. They need to move fast to get a patch out. And that is for their own good. If the big gaming news sites get wind of this, even if it's only affecting a single digit percentage of gamers, it can cause a major sales and reputation backlash.
They are constantly monitoring this forum and are working on getting as many bugs fixed and the next update out asap.

Bigos86
23rd Nov 2015, 20:00
This was the last game i bought from you, SE. You dont care about your fans. Even dont answare any more. I dont have time to start over. This is no solution. This is shame.

Bagherozzo
23rd Nov 2015, 22:40
Good evening,
i'm an italian player using Xbox one. I ancounter a master bug in acropolis playing the main campaign: i fallen inside an hole then i shot 2 enemies...passed from a small way in the wall and found other 3 enemies with Prisoners.
After killed em i'm actually stucked and can't go anywhere...completely frozen after shot the granade arrow.
Thank you for your work, waiting for your help...
Nicolò,

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2015, 00:50
Hi, is thee any chance you can post a video or screen shot of where you are stuck? A map location would also be good.

Tihocan
24th Nov 2015, 00:56
Sounds like this unfortunate bug, Bagherozzo
[Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved] (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253)

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 05:42
Sounds like this unfortunate bug, Bagherozzo
[Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved] (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253)

Oh crap...yes...are there any news about the patches??

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 05:53
Oh crap...yes...are there any news about the patches??

I just read the thread, could someone explain in other words how to avoid it ? I didn't understand clearly the solution posted.
Thank u very much for the assistance

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2015, 07:48
Did you see the explanation on the first post? :

Moderator Note: We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

What I did was to avoid the Bathhouse Tomb until I had finished the game.

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 08:29
So i have to restare the game and avoid the bathouse tomb ? That's it ?

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 08:36
So i have to restare the game and avoid the bathouse tomb ? That's it ?

I tried to restart from a back up save but nothing to do...could u please confirm that the only way is to restart and completely avoid the bathouse tomb ?
Thank u very much for the assist

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 16:08
Please could someone from the stuff answer the question ? Thank u

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2015, 16:19
I am not staff, but unless backup saves work or you have an earlier game save on a different save slot then unfortunately yes, you have to restart your game from the beginning.

Bagherozzo
24th Nov 2015, 19:50
Damn...sad...no go

Driber
24th Nov 2015, 23:13
Threads on the same topic merged.

Mauled87
25th Nov 2015, 04:01
(Not so) Funny thing is this exact glitch is affecting users in different ways. Go look at the game breaking glitch in the Cathedral topic. What did they ultimately conclude is the problem?

*Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.*

This is exactly the same problem affecting us as well! And they gave the same answer. Sorry, but you need to restart. Who knows...it may even be affecting other people in different ways.

My point is you can't say this glitch affects just a minority. It's affecting many people in different ways. And the majority of us (myself included) only play maybe a few hours a day because that is all we can spare. So please fix our saves somehow. Because you have MANY unhappy customers.

Driber
25th Nov 2015, 10:41
I can only play a few hours a day, too. It took me nearly 2 weeks to finish this game. But knowing that new games can have bugs in them I always make sure that I use a different save slot every play session. That way, if I encounter a game breaking bug that would force me to start the game from the beginning, I can always fall back on relatively recent save, so I only have to replay a few hours (well, less than that, since I already know how to advance).

I know that this doesn't help some people now, but I just can't stress enough how important it is use multiple save slots when playing a brand new game because most games do have bugs in them that get fixed in the first couple of months of a game's release; it's the unfortunate reality the videogame industry.

tomcat68
25th Nov 2015, 13:12
I know that this doesn't help some people now, but I just can't stress enough how important it is use multiple save slots when playing a brand new game because most games do have bugs in them that get fixed in the first couple of months of a game's release; it's the unfortunate reality the videogame industry.

I agree the game slots can help, but in my case it didn't help me because I saved to another slot after already triggering the bug. In a game like this where you can fast travel all over the place it's hard to know when to save. Admittedly, I could probably have done better save game management and kept a save game aside from a previous level until I totally completed the current level. However I think this is asking too much from the gamer to manage all this. Instead, the game developer should design the game so a save game checkpoint is created automatically whenever a player progresses to a new area. Many games have this, where you can "restart current chapter" or something similar. This would be very good safety net to build into the game, and I couldn't imagine it would be that hard. All it would be is creating perhaps a hidden save game file that is accessible from the game menu as a restart chapter option.

Tecstar70
25th Nov 2015, 13:16
I agree the game slots can help, but in my case it didn't help me because I saved to another slot after already triggering the bug. In a game like this where you can fast travel all over the place it's hard to know when to save. Admittedly, I could probably have done better save game management and kept a save game aside from a previous level until I totally completed the current level. However I think this is asking too much from the gamer to manage all this. Instead, the game developer should design the game so a save game checkpoint is created automatically whenever a player progresses to a new area. Many games have this, where you can "restart current chapter" or something similar. This would be very good safety net to build into the game, and I couldn't imagine it would be that hard. All it would be is creating perhaps a hidden save game file that is accessible from the game menu as a restart chapter option.

There are auto-save and restart points, however if they save to the same save slot it doesn't help. There are hidden backup saves if you go to the save game menu and pull LT+RT but I am not sure how far back they take you. I moved to a different Save slot every 15% to 20% of progress just in case. I tend to do this with most games as a matter of course.

RaiderStorm
25th Nov 2015, 13:23
Really disappointed to have hit this bug too. Spent about 2 weeks on the game searching every area in great detail to make sure I collect every collectible. Would be a very long and arduous task to have to do this again from the start.

I've activated my back-up save which took me back to an earlier point of the Acropolis. Eagerly awaiting the patch now and hoping that this will have been enough to avoid the bug.

alexmc666
25th Nov 2015, 15:54
I do hope it's become obvious to everyone following this thread that 'tecstar70' is affiliated in some fashion with the game developer but not identifying themselves as such. Hence the helpful, 'cooler-heads-prevailing' tone and the reiteration of the earlier moderator posts.

Tecstar70
25th Nov 2015, 16:01
I do hope it's become obvious to everyone following this thread that 'tecstar70' is affiliated in some fashion with the game developer but not identifying themselves as such. Hence the helpful, 'cooler-heads-prevailing' tone and the reiteration of the earlier moderator posts.

Actually i'm not affiliated with anyone. Just a gamer, TR fan and forum member like everyone else. Only trying to keep things in perspective and point people in the right direction.

If I was, I would hope that I wouldn't have to pay for a copy of the game (which I did, by the way!). Even if I was affiliated with anyone, is there anything wrong with what I am saying?

Daz8000
25th Nov 2015, 16:25
Actually i'm not affiliated with anyone. Just a gamer, TR fan and forum member like everyone else. Only trying to keep things in perspective and point people in the right direction.

If I was, I would hope that I wouldn't have to pay for a copy of the game (which I did, by the way!). Even if I was affiliated with anyone, is there anything wrong with what I am saying?

I can point people in the right direction. Sell this game!
Obviously the games testers arn't being utilised in right fashion or are terrible at there job as we've all encountered this bug by trying to explore every area completely as we go which is what they are paid to do its hardly a random bug.

If you've got 83% through and not encountered the bug then why did you even comment on this thread? What to reiterate crap happens and that games have bugs, start again? I don't understand how can anything you have to say on this thread come across any other way than smarmy and condecending? Well done you didn't explore the bath house entrance early! Enjoy your fully working game! Write a lovely review, tell your friends its great it is. Bye.

Tecstar70
25th Nov 2015, 16:33
I can point people in the right direction. Sell this game!
Obviously the games testers arn't being utilised in right fashion or are terrible at there job as we've all encountered this bug by trying to explore every area completely as we go which is what they are paid to do its hardly a random bug.

If you've got 83% through and not encountered the bug then why did you even comment on this thread? What to reiterate crap happens and that games have bugs, start again? I don't understand how can anything you have to say on this thread come across any other way than smarmy and condecending? Well done you didn't explore the bath house entrance early! Enjoy your fully working game! Write a lovely review, tell your friends its great it is. Bye.

Firstly because I added the issues to the Master Bug List that I am maintaining.
Secondly to offer some advice to someone about save slots
Thirdly to find out if I was OK if I hadn't done the Bathouse Tomb yet.
Fourthly because I thought what someone else posted was a bit out of order.
Lastly to answer your question in your rudely worded post.

I will enjoy my game thanks, and I hope everyone else is able to as well if they decide to hang on to it once the issue is fixed. Bye.

Driber
25th Nov 2015, 23:46
Accusing our forum members of astroturfing or taking personal jabs at them for posting in a disagreeable tone isn't helping anyone, folks. Please keep the discussions in this bug report forum section at least somewhat constructive, or the forum staff will start removing these derailing OT posts. This is not a place to pick fights.

I agree with you, it's not the gamers' job to do save game management. That's why, as Tecstar pointed out, there actually *is* such a safety net built into the game :)

How to Access a Backup Save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

tomcat68
26th Nov 2015, 00:34
I agree with you, it's not the gamers' job to do save game management. That's why, as Tecstar pointed out, there actually *is* such a safety net built into the game :)

How to Access a Backup Save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

Yes, there is a safety net but not the type of safety net that was apparently good enough to prevent some gamers from still being unable to finish the game and therefore forced to start over.

I went to my save game and did the LT+RT and it did autosave some checkpoints, but they were checkpoints after I had already been to the Acropolis level and already done the actions to cause the bug.

The type of safety net I'm envisioning would let you select to replay from the very start the last major region you have progressed to. (For example an option to "Restart Acropolis" or "Restart Soviet Installation"). It would basically just reload a saved checkpoint of your game as it existed when you first reached these regions.

I'm a software developer myself and I know as good as anybody bugs are a part of any software. But it's the duty of the developer to ensure bugs or errors are handled gracefully. I've written financial applications that disburse large sums of money, and I know there is always a potential for bugs that could cause monetary amounts and routing numbers to be wrong, therefore I build in safety net mechanisms to reverse transactions that are in error. I wouldn't want to have to tell a user all their money is gone, it went to the wrong bank account in la la land and they can't get any of it back.

But regardless, I did enjoy the game and have appreciated the help and support from the moderators, admin, and other members like Tecstar70. I want the game to be successful so there are many more like it to come.

Driber
26th Nov 2015, 13:47
Yes, there is a safety net but not the type of safety net that was apparently good enough to prevent some gamers from still being unable to finish the game and therefore forced to start over.

I went to my save game and did the LT+RT and it did autosave some checkpoints, but they were checkpoints after I had already been to the Acropolis level and already done the actions to cause the bug.

The type of safety net I'm envisioning would let you select to replay from the very start the last major region you have progressed to. (For example an option to "Restart Acropolis" or "Restart Soviet Installation"). It would basically just reload a saved checkpoint of your game as it existed when you first reached these regions.

I'm a software developer myself and I know as good as anybody bugs are a part of any software. But it's the duty of the developer to ensure bugs or errors are handled gracefully. I've written financial applications that disburse large sums of money, and I know there is always a potential for bugs that could cause monetary amounts and routing numbers to be wrong, therefore I build in safety net mechanisms to reverse transactions that are in error. I wouldn't want to have to tell a user all their money is gone, it went to the wrong bank account in la la land and they can't get any of it back.

The type of safety net you describe is exactly what is described in the link I posted.

"Backup saves are generated once you hit the first save point of a new major location in story progression."

"Fast traveling to different areas will not replace the backup save as it is based on story progression."

So the system you're proposing already IS there. Now, I understand from reading people's responses in this thread that the back up save system doesn't seem to be doing what it is intending to do, and I'm interested to learn why. So far, people have basically just been responding with vague terms like "it doesn't work", without providing any details.

I think what would be useful to know is what does the back up save slot say? And upon loading the save, where is the player taken to, exactly?

Screenshots and/or videos would also probably be very helpful. It can be hard to really put yourself in the shoes of a player if you're not sitting right next to them watching the same screen, and only have a mere text description on a forum to go on.

But regardless, I did enjoy the game and have appreciated the help and support from the moderators, admin, and other members like Tecstar70. I want the game to be successful so there are many more like it to come.

:)

Maluf360
26th Nov 2015, 22:43
Here's my solution to this bug. No game restarting necessary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KhzTDygVt8

tomcat68
26th Nov 2015, 23:00
The type of safety net you describe is exactly what is described in the link I posted.

"Backup saves are generated once you hit the first save point of a new major location in story progression."

"Fast traveling to different areas will not replace the backup save as it is based on story progression."

So the system you're proposing already IS there. Now, I understand from reading people's responses in this thread that the back up save system doesn't seem to be doing what it is intending to do, and I'm interested to learn why. So far, people have basically just been responding with vague terms like "it doesn't work", without providing any details.

I think what would be useful to know is what does the back up save slot say? And upon loading the save, where is the player taken to, exactly?

Screenshots and/or videos would also probably be very helpful. It can be hard to really put yourself in the shoes of a player if you're not sitting right next to them watching the same screen, and only have a mere text description on a forum to go on.

:)

I went back to your earlier post and saw your link. Sorry I missed that earlier.

Yes, that describes exactly the way I envisioned the checkpoint system should work!

Unfortunately, when I do LT+RT and cycle through the saves, the earliest save game is one where I am already close to the underground entrance to the area where the bug is. I would expect to find a save game that was at the point when I first entered the Acropolis region at the campfire (where there is a short cutscene upon entering the region). At least the developers did have the correct type of checkpoint system in mind, but it looks like it may not always work correctly.

Driber
26th Nov 2015, 23:32
I went back to your earlier post and saw your link. Sorry I missed that earlier.

Yes, that describes exactly the way I envisioned the checkpoint system should work!

Unfortunately, when I do LT+RT and cycle through the saves, the earliest save game is one where I am already close to the underground entrance to the area where the bug is. I would expect to find a save game that was at the point when I first entered the Acropolis region at the campfire (where there is a short cutscene upon entering the region). At least the developers did have the correct type of checkpoint system in mind, but it looks like it may not always work correctly.

Heh, no problem :)

Indeed, according to the description of the backup save system you'd expect the backup save to be at the first campfire (or first auto-save point) in the Acropolis region. I wonder if there was anything that the devs didn't oversee when setting up the system.

Any chance you could post a short video showcasing the loading of the backup save you have, and opening the map to illustrate where the backup save leads to exactly?

I'll also do some testing myself of the backup save system when I'll begin my next playthrough.

Driber
26th Nov 2015, 23:43
Here's my solution to this bug. No game restarting necessary:

Thanks for sharing!

Can anyone confirm if this a workaround for their problem?

tomcat68
27th Nov 2015, 00:48
Heh, no problem :)

Any chance you could post a short video showcasing the loading of the backup save you have, and opening the map to illustrate where the backup save leads to exactly?

i'm not home right now, but i'll try to get a video once i get back to my console. Just by memory, I remember it restored me to the courtyard area. I then took a short walk to the underground entrance area (where at the entrance you hear an enemy solider say something like "I don't want to miss out on the hunt...").

I then proceeded to the grenade arrow scene and experience the bug again.

Mauled87
27th Nov 2015, 02:18
I can confirm that Maluf360's workaround does in fact work. I used the grenade to blow open the door, got to the next campfire, fast traveled and voila...I was able to walk. I haven't tried to move on to the next area yet, but as of yet I can at least move!! Thanks so much man...you are a lifesaver!!!!

Mauled87
27th Nov 2015, 04:06
So unfortunately it looks like it's only a temporary fix. I can play a little bit more, but I eventually get to a part where I have to go through some underground waterway, and then go through some tunnels. It seems like a cutscene/huge battle was ton occur befor this, but it didn't and now I'm stuck in the tunnels. :(

I hope this gets fixed soon...

CypherGreen
27th Nov 2015, 05:21
They need to send a fix through, this is absurd. I really hope this gets picked up by Kotaku/Destructoid etc hopefully some outside pressure will force them to push through a fix of some kind, be it a fix or a save patch.
Be it a messy fix or not.
I can't even try the temporary fix, I have hoovered the area of all coins and spent them on other things that aren't the grenade launcher.

Grole1
27th Nov 2015, 10:30
serious?? it happened to me yesterday and U figured out the problem 1 week ago?? I just hope its a joke that we have to restart the whole game...I mean, the game is nice but its def not that nice to play it twice in a row. so still hope U will find a solution for everybody and not only for people who will play rise of the romb raider after patch 2.

but besides this frustrating bug...U did a very good work

bayshop
27th Nov 2015, 11:00
just did as maluft360 video shoot the grenade but the door not broken, try it like 30 time no luck any one

Driber
27th Nov 2015, 15:20
i'm not home right now, but i'll try to get a video once i get back to my console.

Cool.

So unfortunately it looks like it's only a temporary fix. I can play a little bit more, but I eventually get to a part where I have to go through some underground waterway, and then go through some tunnels. It seems like a cutscene/huge battle was ton occur befor this, but it didn't and now I'm stuck in the tunnels. :(

I hope this gets fixed soon...

Any chance you could make a video of this?

Maluf360
27th Nov 2015, 22:43
Thanks for sharing!

Can anyone confirm if this a workaround for their problem?

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately this doesn't work so well, there's now another part where it's supposed to happen a big fight and I get stuck again

Here's the new video. I hope you guys are able to fix this without restarting the whole game. I won't have time to play it again from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zv-wcmq-U

Jamesgera
27th Nov 2015, 23:02
When will this be fixed

bayshop
27th Nov 2015, 23:15
god damn game hope u guy release the patch soon, this game is totally broken

Mauled87
27th Nov 2015, 23:50
Thanks Maluf, that is exactly my issue after the fix you originally posted. Sucks that the glitch is happening again :( they need to fix this badly!!!

CypherGreen
28th Nov 2015, 04:23
I'd recommend everyone sent info about this to every gaming news outlet such as Kotaku, destructoid and others partially to help others avoid the glitch and partially to try and get this fixed.

Jamesgera
28th Nov 2015, 11:29
I want my money back

maurizioRossi
28th Nov 2015, 11:41
can we know when you release the update 2??? because i can't restart the game before you release the patch. can we have information about how many time we must wait? Because i am very disappointed about this situation.
70 euro and i cant play. very very bad this.

Bagherozzo
28th Nov 2015, 11:52
can we know when you release the update

Yes this could be very usefull.
I restarted the game and avoiding the challenge bath of kitesh tomb....i will update you if this works

Driber
28th Nov 2015, 12:13
You're welcome :)

Unfortunately this doesn't work so well, there's now another part where it's supposed to happen a big fight and I get stuck again

Here's the new video. I hope you guys are able to fix this without restarting the whole game. I won't have time to play it again from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zv-wcmq-U

Ah, that is too bad :(

Thanks for reporting and making the videos, though :thumb:

god damn game hope u guy release the patch soon, this game is totally broken

can we know when you release the update 2??? because i can't restart the game before you release the patch. can we have information about how many time we must wait? Because i am very disappointed about this situation.
70 euro and i cant play. very very bad this.

I don't think it will be of any use waiting Title Update #2, guys. The TU won't actually fix an already corrupted save game file, so you would unfortunately have to replay the game from the beginning anyway. There are steps in the OP describing how to avoid the bug from happening without the TU. Though you can of course choose to wait for the TU for security against the bug from triggering if you want to play it safe. But if you do decide to already replay without the TU, I'd highly recommend rotating save slots every time you enter a major new location (i.e. areas that are drawn separately on the map) for additional security.

CypherGreen
29th Nov 2015, 01:38
Telling people to start again (after god knows how many hours of playing through the game in full doing everything) is inexcusable. Nothing even being offered to soften the blow or help those who are stuck.
It's one thing when a game performs badly and the developers apologise and help in some way but when they just release it broken...

Especially annoying as it's a gltch that's more likely to effect you if you did explore a lot.
At least some sites are starting to pick it up.
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/11/27/how-to-avoid-rise-of-the-tomb-raiders-gamebreaking-bug

tomcat68
29th Nov 2015, 02:49
At least some sites are starting to pick it up.
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/11/27/how-to-avoid-rise-of-the-tomb-raiders-gamebreaking-bug

This is exactly what I was worried about, the big gaming sites starting to publish reports about this bug.

Going into the holidays it's very bad timing when the game needs to be gaining praise instead of bad publicity.

I think the bleeding can be stopped if a patch is released quickly even if it won't fix current save files.

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 10:48
It's one thing when a game performs badly and the developers apologise and help in some way but when they just release it broken...

You're implying that the devs released the game knowing about the Acropolis bug? If so, that's not the case here.

This is exactly what I was worried about, the big gaming sites starting to publish reports about this bug.

Gaming sites posting articles on how to avoid the bug like the one linked above is a good thing, IMO. It'll prevent people from encountering the bug unexpectedly :)

Dazzler64
29th Nov 2015, 12:06
[QUOTE=Driber;2188142]You're implying that the devs released the game knowing about the Acropolis bug? If so, that's not the case here.

A major game breaking bug, that is achievable through normal game play and they didn't come across it ?
It just show the game was not play-tested properly.

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 13:20
A major game breaking bug

What do you mean exactly by "major"? Experienced by most players? From what I can tell, it isn't.

It just show the game was not play-tested properly.

Well, people say that about ANY bug - "the game was not tested properly". I don't think that's really a fair statement. It only happens when you do things in a very specific order. Sometimes bugs just aren't found during QA, no matter how much they try to break the game, and are only discovered when a game is released to the masses. When you suddenly have hundreds of thousands of people playing, it significantly increases the likelihood of bugs being uncovered.

Dazzler64
29th Nov 2015, 15:01
A bug that makes the game completely unplayable you don't class as "major"

Bagherozzo
29th Nov 2015, 15:39
I can confirm that restart is the only solution, i tried for hours every thing but it's a wast of time.
All you have to do, unfortunately, is to keep calm and restart the game...think positive you can perform batter than the first time...it's the only thing you can do.
After restarted the game i just avoided the bath challenge tomb and the story went on.
I can understand you that it's not the best solution but is the only solution for this bug.

I can imagine that ps4 owners are making a lot of LOL whit this story ;)

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 16:41

Oh I do. You said "major game breaking bug", which implied it stands out much more than any other game breaking bugs, so I wondered why.

All game breaking bugs are major bugs, of course.

I can confirm that restart is the only solution, i tried for hours every thing but it's a wast of time.
All you have to do, unfortunately, is to keep calm and restart the game...think positive you can perform batter than the first time...it's the only thing you can do.
After restarted the game i just avoided the bath challenge tomb and the story went on.
I can understand you that it's not the best solution but is the only solution for this bug.

I can imagine that ps4 owners are making a lot of LOL whit this story ;)

Glad you managed to make it past the bug in the end!

Heh, indeed; if there's one silver lining to this unfortunate situation it's that PC and PS4 players will be safe from these game breaking bugs that were found. Though it of course goes without saying that it would've been best if we all got to play at the same time and without any game breaking bugs.

Bagherozzo
29th Nov 2015, 17:18
Glad you managed to make it past the bug in the end!

Heh, indeed; if there's one silver lining to this unfortunate situation it's that PC and PS4 players will be safe from these game breaking bugs that were found. Though it of course goes without saying that it would've been best if we all got to play at the same time and without any game breaking bugs.
What i really don't understand is the link between the saving and quitting outside bath tomb and the proceeding of the game...hope you are clearing this out :)

tomcat68
29th Nov 2015, 17:42
Gaming sites posting articles on how to avoid the bug like the one linked above is a good thing, IMO. It'll prevent people from encountering the bug unexpectedly :)

I totally agree, the problem is when some of the general news sites (yahoo is know for this) decide to re-title the article on their front page for the purpose of click-bate and make it sound like the game is totally broken.

tatane79
29th Nov 2015, 20:48
I have the same problem, on xbox one.
The fact is, looking at this video, I realize that this cutsceen does not appear when I play :https://youtu.be/ReJ2UVeJdIk?t=9m44s
Instead, when the guards are all dead in the room, all prisoners stay how they were, their head in their hands, kneeled.
And when I destroy the door from upstairs with an grenad arrow, I can see behind the prisoners still in this position!

Square Enix, any solution? Any fix? Please! It is really frustrating.

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 20:48
I totally agree, the problem is when some of the general news sites (yahoo is know for this) decide to re-title the article on their front page for the purpose of click-bate and make it sound like the game is totally broken.

Aye, click-bait articles are despicable. And the world of games journalism is rife with them, including most of the big popular gaming sites. Which is why it was refreshing to see that Kotaku article being pretty much neutral and just reporting the facts on this bug; Gawker affiliated sites have an absolutely horrendous reputation of doing shoddy articles.

CypherGreen
30th Nov 2015, 03:26

Very true, years ago I used to work as a QA Tester for a few AAA companies and if anything like this had gotten through in our team people would have lost jobs and it would have been a major issue where the company would have had its tail between its legs doing everything we could.

To be fair the fact that there's a game breaking bug is bad...

The fact that they are like "We'll patch it but those of you effected... Start again" so far into the game is pretty unforgivable.

The fact there's no compensation or apology of any worth when other companies do more for issues that are far less important takes the piss.

Dozens of other games even before the days of consoles being so internet ready have done save patching, even if we lost everything to say... as far back as entering Geothermal valley?
What time little time I had to relax was spent playing this and myself and many others don't have the time to be able to justify starting again.

Driber
30th Nov 2015, 10:29
^ Actually, the devs did in fact apologize. I don't know why you say they didn't. See the OP of this thread.

Daz8000
30th Nov 2015, 16:48
The fact there's no compensation or apology of any worth when other companies do more for issues that are far less important takes the piss..

I think It was to be interpreted "any apology of worth" key emphasis on worth. Yes the devs did apologise in the thread but an apology on a thread on a forum that countless players who encounter the bug won't see isn't the best. Sadly i think this whole situation highlights how advances in technology have let us down, an over reliance on the patch system perhaps which to be fair to the devs in some senses could be put down to rushed deadlines and consumer patientience to have the game now! Obviously before we had readily available online services, if a gamed shipped, then that was it no take backs. bugs stayed. This leading to some seriously meticulous games testing to get it right first time.

Its a shame, i really enjoyed what i played of the game but my appetite has completely gone, next time i play this title is when its inevitably free on games for gold.

Dazzler64
30th Nov 2015, 17:06
Its a shame, i really enjoyed what i played of the game but my appetite has completely gone, next time i play this title is when its inevitably free on games for gold.

Same here, after some 20+ hours playing and 48% completion I wont be going back to this in a hurry, the disk is going on ebay come the weekend and I may pick it up when it goes Games for Gold

Daz8000
30th Nov 2015, 17:43
I was a bit rude the other day frustrated and went a bit ott on the ol forum. So i apologise to tecstar70 for my outburst. I could have handled my post with more decorum i guess, so you have my apologies.

Tecstar70
30th Nov 2015, 18:06
I was a bit rude the other day frustrated and went a bit ott on the ol forum. So i apologise to tecstar70 for my outburst. I could have handled my post with more decorum i guess, so you have my apologies.

Apology accepted. :thumb: It's only the internet after all!

LostDevilswe
30th Nov 2015, 20:18
I loved this game.... but after playing for 28,5hrs the acropolis bug happend and now I must start over if I want to countinue. I have a job,3 kids and a wife. Putting 28hrs into a game is not easy. I´ve payed 600 swedsih kronors for this game and I´m wondering how I will be compensated for this???

Driber
30th Nov 2015, 21:35
I think It was to be interpreted "any apology of worth" key emphasis on worth. Yes the devs did apologise in the thread but an apology on a thread on a forum that countless players who encounter the bug won't see isn't the best.

I think it's perfectly adequate. These are the official forums, after all. If those "countless" players so badly need to see an apology, they can easily find it by following the official channels.

The apology was also quoted in the Kotaku article, BTW.

kkk101
1st Dec 2015, 15:37
I have this freeze , same setting. I have the German Version for the Xbox One. Patch 1 installed. Tried the Backup Save , but it doesnt work !! Same freeze after the backup save. When comes a new patch ?

Naughty-Jbcarey
2nd Dec 2015, 10:27
Greetings,

Another extremely frustrated Tomb Raider who after playing the game as it was intended (Raiding, Challenges, Completion, Story) - has come across the same error, Sofia refuses to acknowledge my presence and I cannot continue the story.

I truly refuse to accept that I'd have to restart this game from the start - as mentioned before, I've invested precious free time and restarting because of mistakes made by the developer.

I'll be honest - I'm not selling this game, I intend to finish is 'someday', but I truly hope it'll be with my current save game and not with a NEW GAME.

This issue is NOT RESOLVED, so 'marking it as such' is ridiculous.

Also - I'll need a video or a 'guide' that explains how to AVOID this issue in the future.

tatane79
2nd Dec 2015, 10:55
Greetings,

Another extremely frustrated Tomb Raider who after playing the game as it was intended (Raiding, Challenges, Completion, Story) - has come across the same error, Sofia refuses to acknowledge my presence and I cannot continue the story.

I truly refuse to accept that I'd have to restart this game from the start - as mentioned before, I've invested precious free time and restarting because of mistakes made by the developer.

I'll be honest - I'm not selling this game, I intend to finish is 'someday', but I truly hope it'll be with my current save game and not with a NEW GAME.

Also - I'll need a video or a 'guide' that explains how to AVOID this issue in the future.

I fully agree with Naughty-Jbcarey. Please mark this thread unsolved.
In addition, the current "solution" proposed is absolutely unclear. Please add videos.

I really enjoin Square Enix team to find a way to patch individual save games, to avoid us to restart a 20-30 hours game. The current "solution" proposed, to restart a game without doing something 2 hours before the bug occurs, is definitely not acceptable

I used to be a programmer; I know everything is possible. Don't tell us "it is too complexe". Or in this case, you should have the integrity to indemnify us (free download of the next Tomb Raider episode in the coming years, refund of the price of the game, or at list half of it, etc.)

Please provide us also with visibility on a delivery date for a patch.

Thanks.

Tecstar70
2nd Dec 2015, 10:57
Greetings,

The best way to completely avoid the bug is to don't do the Bathouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, however if you ensure you don't so the actions detailed in the OP you should be OK. I left it until the end to do.

Driber
2nd Dec 2015, 12:42
I fully agree with Naughty-Jbcarey. Please mark this thread unsolved.
In addition, the current "solution" proposed is absolutely unclear. Please add videos.

I really enjoin Square Enix team to find a way to patch individual save games, to avoid us to restart a 20-30 hours game. The current "solution" proposed, to restart a game without doing something 2 hours before the bug occurs, is definitely not acceptable

I used to be a programmer; I know everything is possible. Don't tell us "it is too complexe". Or in this case, you should have the integrity to indemnify us (free download of the next Tomb Raider episode in the coming years, refund of the price of the game, or at list half of it, etc.)

Please provide us also with visibility on a delivery date for a patch.

Thanks.

Marking the thread as unresolved won't change anything - the devs can't patch people's individual save game due to the complexity of the matter. I'm guessing it could introduce a whole new problem which would affect a lot more people.

You say you want a refund instead - you might be able to get one with your retailer. I'd check with them.

Naughty-Jbcarey
2nd Dec 2015, 13:11
The best way to completely avoid the bug is to don't do the Bathouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, however if you ensure you don't so the actions detailed in the OP you should be OK. I left it until the end to do.

And there's no way that I can 'mark' this tomb as 'unplayed' in some way? -- I mean obviously knowing about the bug is one thing, returning back in time to where I've not seen this tomb (GeoThermal Valley) seems to be the only possible fix I can come up with.

there's a 'backup save' system built in, can it not 'somehow' return the player to a zone and set it so that each activity in this zone is 'untouched', basically resetting the game at intervals.

I'd kick myself in the head if I'd restart the game only to find that dev's have found a way to fix it in two days?

ALSO -- is there any word on how soon (yes, SOON) we'll be able to download PATCH #2 -- We've all invested time and money (I bought the only available DLC already). I don't want to wait a friggin 14 days for a fix - that doesn't offer a fix?

Tecstar70
2nd Dec 2015, 13:52
And there's no way that I can 'mark' this tomb as 'unplayed' in some way? -- I mean obviously knowing about the bug is one thing, returning back in time to where I've not seen this tomb (GeoThermal Valley) seems to be the only possible fix I can come up with.

there's a 'backup save' system built in, can it not 'somehow' return the player to a zone and set it so that each activity in this zone is 'untouched', basically resetting the game at intervals.

I'd kick myself in the head if I'd restart the game only to find that dev's have found a way to fix it in two days?

ALSO -- is there any word on how soon (yes, SOON) we'll be able to download PATCH #2 -- We've all invested time and money (I bought the only available DLC already). I don't want to wait a friggin 14 days for a fix - that doesn't offer a fix?

As far as I know, no. You can access the backup save from the game menu as per here: loading a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

As soon as Update #2 is available it will be announced here. I have no inside information on when though.

Naughty-Jbcarey
2nd Dec 2015, 14:41
As far as I know, no. You can access the backup save from the game menu as per here: loading a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

As soon as Update #2 is available it will be announced here. I have no inside information on when though.

Yeah, but loading this backup does nothing for me -- when I load it it doesn't load 'before geothermal valley' - so, it still loads AFTER the Bath Tomb and as such the game remains 'unplayable'. Again, I'd like to be able to go back further. For instance - I'd like to be returned to the end of Abandoned Mines - start of Geothermal Valley, implementing this system would allow players like me to avoid the Tomb and yet still continue the game.

tomcat68
2nd Dec 2015, 15:46
Yeah, but loading this backup does nothing for me -- when I load it it doesn't load 'before geothermal valley' - so, it still loads AFTER the Bath Tomb and as such the game remains 'unplayable'. Again, I'd like to be able to go back further. For instance - I'd like to be returned to the end of Abandoned Mines - start of Geothermal Valley, implementing this system would allow players like me to avoid the Tomb and yet still continue the game.

I think fixing the save game system is as important as fixing this particular Acropolis bug.

I also tried to navigate through all the save game checkpoints in my save game files and none of them had a checkpoint at the very beginning of the Acropolis region. Because this is a game that doesn't allow the gamer to save at any point (like many RPG's) the game engine needs to provide a safety net by reliable checkpointing each major region so you can at most lose only your progress in one region.

My understanding is this is how the save game functionality was actually supposed to work, but it's apparently not working correctly for everybody.

Having 3 save game slots help, but if you overwrite your save games after you had unknowingly triggered the bug (like I did) it doesn't help you. I fast traveled back to other regions to finish up missions and tombs after triggering the bug so all my save games eventually became corrupted.

Number2Mario
2nd Dec 2015, 18:52
Hello there! Very sorry for the trouble. We're looking into it but could use a bit more information so we can get to the bottom of the bug. Also, I'm going to merge this thread with the main one so we can keep all info on this bug in a single place!

Same issue as everyone else here on xbox one.

Please advise:
- After defeating the area boss after getting the shotgun, did you fast travel out of the area? YES. Did you enter the nearby side tomb? YES, the tomb with the raft puzzle.
- If you fast travelled out, do you remember where you went before heading back to the acropolis? I went to all of the previous areas, primarily the soviet base. I did this to find coins and 100% each area.
- Did you die on the way to the courtyard before noticing the NPCs weren't there? I did not die.
- Were you trying to collect everything, or just running from beacon to beacon? I tried to collect everything. I fast travelled.
- Did you have any issues during the shotgun fight area? Did you die in this area at all? Not sure where the shotgun fight area is, but the only fight I died was against the flame-thrower boss which comes earlier in the game.

Beardlessgnat
3rd Dec 2015, 07:05
I feel like when there's a bug like this and it is first identified, there should be some sort of release on the home page of the game warning players what NOT to do in order to avoid it until it is fixed. All this talk of back up saves and what not is great, but I mean-come on, I just got the game a few days ago-long time after this problem was identified and being worked on and I obviously didn't look for anything about the bug until I got it. And it's extremely frustrating to me that it is preventable but unsuspecting players, who have no reason to look for specific problems before they get them, walk unsuspecting into these kind of bugs even after they're know. Is there a timetable on the patch that will finally fix this bug? Because I'd like to finish the game, but I'm trying to stomach starting over at this point and if it were to happen again that would be infuriating beyond belief.

Beardlessgnat
3rd Dec 2015, 07:08
Also this issue is clearly not solved and marking it as so is disingenuous at best

CypherGreen
3rd Dec 2015, 07:16
I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this.
Save patches have been going since before we had internet access on consoles as standard, there was a gamecube RPG that Devs accepted you to send your memory card to them to fix a similar issue where you got stuck in a house...
There were older games that did similar and a great many save fixes or work-arounds created by devs when similar soft-locks had appeared during the last generation too so this being too complex in a mostly linear game seems quite absurd.

I think It was to be interpreted "any apology of worth" key emphasis on worth. Yes the devs did apologise in the thread but an apology on a thread on a forum that countless players who encounter the bug won't see isn't the best.

This is exactly what I meant as is quite obvious? The vast majority of players will never post online or go to an official forum. If they do post online they'll comment on a youtube video or comment section somewhere. And when it's a game breaking bug getting no support to help... Not ideal. Other devs have offered compensation in one way or another for less (and then fixed it). I'm not expecting anything like that at all but the general lack of care I find shocking.

I think it's perfectly adequate. These are the official forums, after all. If those "countless" players so badly need to see an apology, they can easily find it by following the official channels.

Also I must say, for an Admin dealing with people who are upset, have wasted £50 and 20 hours (as I have said for many of us merely starting again is not an option as real life comes first and not everyone has much spare time) your attitude dealing with people leaves something to be desired with sarcastic comments like the one above belittling people's frustrations.

I find the entire way this has been dealt with very disappointing.

Tecstar70
3rd Dec 2015, 08:23
Also I must say, for an Admin dealing with people who are upset, have wasted £50 and 20 hours (as I have said for many of us merely starting again is not an option as real life comes first and not everyone has much spare time) your attitude dealing with people leaves something to be desired with sarcastic comments like the one above belittling people's frustrations.

I find the entire way this has been dealt with very disappointing.

This is a genuine question, because I don't understand this point of view. You have spent 20 hours playing a game that you clearly are enjoying and were it not for this bug you would go on to finish it. So when you say real life comes first, I get that. Its the same for me. I don't have much spare time either. What I don't understand is while its very annoying and frustrating, whats the real problem with starting again? Is there a reason why you must play it through only once then move on? Are there other games demanding you play them as quickly as possible? If your desire to playthrough a game is so strong, then why not just play it again? It's a good game with great reviews. It's like you don't really enjoy your games, but rather its a chore that has to be done and got out of the way. As I said this is a genuine question because I don't get where this point of view is coming from. I play games for entertainment and enjoyment so if you enjoy a game why not play it through again? (Even though I get that you shouldn't have to) It's not like its an RPG where you might have sunk months of time creating a character, skills, etc

Naughty-Jbcarey
3rd Dec 2015, 11:06
What I don't understand is while its very annoying and frustrating, whats the real problem with starting again? Is there a reason why you must play it through only once then move on? Are there other games demanding you play them as quickly as possible? If your desire to playthrough a game is so strong, then why not just play it again? It's a good game with great reviews. I play games for entertainment and enjoyment so if you enjoy a game why not play it through again? (Even though I get that you shouldn't have to)

I can answer this question with ease. After my first session - till I encountered the bug I was truly enjoying the game. I would have finished the game and then continue working on trying to get as many achievements and collectibles.

But now it seems that I've got to avoid a handful of area's, tombs and or challenges to be able to finish the main story arc. because that's the problem. If you play this game as it was meant to be played - raid tombs and explore the area's - you'll run in to a game-breaking bug, nay, MULTIPLE game breaking bugs.

So, even with a lot of information it seems I cannot finish this game and ENJOY playing it at the same time, don't go there, you'll bug the game, don't do this tomb, you'll glitch the story etc etc etc...

Most issues on the "Master Bug List" are XBONE issues, so it would seem the game is currently BROKEN on the console and is rendered as good as 'unplayable'. All I can do is wait for the PATCH #2 and hope that all 'gamebreakers' are fixed?

List of GAMEBREAKERS that cannot be fixed with PATCH #2 requiring Restart Game...
Xbox One | Game Breaking Glitch in The Cathedral | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2

List of errors demanding a workaround...
Xbox One | Unable to access second trebuchet in The Lost City | 8th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Geothermal Valley - tower Relic platform | 10th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Voice of God Glitch | 10th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One & 360 | Acropolis Crawling Bug | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox 360 | Siberia Mill Missing/not drawn ground | 12th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | No ammo while climbing ice pillar | 12th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One & 360 | Black Screen After Cutscene | 13th Oct 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Bird doesn't spawn in Misguided Intelligence Mission | 13th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox 360 | Objective flag not updated/completed - observatory path | 13th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Siberian Wilderness - Missing Animals | 17th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Totally stuck in Research Base | 17th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Soviet Installation/Research Base document error | 18th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available

Tecstar70
3rd Dec 2015, 11:21
I can answer this question with ease. After my first session - till I encountered the bug I was truly enjoying the game. I would have finished the games and then continue working on trying to get as many achievements and collectibles.

But now it seems that I've got to avoid a handful of area's, tombs and or challenges to be able to finish the main story arc. because that's the problem. If you play this game as it was meant to be played - raid tombs and explore the area's - you'll run in to a game-breaking bug, nay, MULTIPLE game breaking bugs.

So, even with a lot of information it seems I cannot finish this game and ENJOY playing it at the same time, don't go there, you'll bug the game, don't do this tomb, you'll glitch the story etc etc etc...

Most issues on the "Master Bug List" are XBONE issues, so it would seem the game is currently BROKEN on the console and is rendered as good as 'unplayable'. All I can do is wait for the PATCH #2 and hope that all 'gamebreakers' are fixed?

List of GAMEBREAKERS that cannot be fixed with PATCH #2 requiring Restart Game...
Xbox One | Game Breaking Glitch in The Cathedral | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2

List of errors demanding a workaround...
Xbox One | Unable to access second trebuchet in The Lost City | 8th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Geothermal Valley - tower Relic platform | 10th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Voice of God Glitch | 10th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One & 360 | Acropolis Crawling Bug | 11th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox 360 | Siberia Mill Missing/not drawn ground | 12th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | No ammo while climbing ice pillar | 12th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One & 360 | Black Screen After Cutscene | 13th Oct 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Bird doesn't spawn in Misguided Intelligence Mission | 13th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox 360 | Objective flag not updated/completed - observatory path | 13th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Siberian Wilderness - Missing Animals | 17th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2
Xbox One | Totally stuck in Research Base | 17th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available
Xbox One | Soviet Installation/Research Base document error | 18th Nov 2015 | Resolved : Fix pending in Update #2, workaround available

Fair point, I get what you mean. FWIW I and many others have played the game to 100% and not experienced a single one of these issues but I can understand why it looks like its totally bugged out. The only thing I did steer clear of was the Bathhouse Tomb just in case but I carried on exploring, collecting etc in between missions and spent about 50 hours in total playing the game. I think I was at about 92% total completion by the time I got to the ending of the campaign then went around mopping up the last collectibles/side missions. There are certainly far worse games out there (Yes AC:Unity and Batman AK for PC, i'm looking at you!). Although it would seem that you have to avoid a lot of things they aren't affecting everyone and all will be fixed in Update #2 and most have workarounds or can be done later if needed. For the first two that are Gamebreakers you actually just need to not do one particular action to avoid both of the problems and an additional game save slot saved at the appropriate time would provide an additional safeguard for everyone. I use multiple save slots on all SP games, particularly if they are just released, for this reason.

(Don't get me wrong i'm not saying people shouldn't be annoyed or devaluing anyone's complaints)

-iclcs-
3rd Dec 2015, 16:06
This is a genuine question, because I don't understand this point of view. You have spent 20 hours playing a game that you clearly are enjoying and were it not for this bug you would go on to finish it. So when you say real life comes first, I get that. Its the same for me. I don't have much spare time either. What I don't understand is while its very annoying and frustrating, whats the real problem with starting again? Is there a reason why you must play it through only once then move on? Are there other games demanding you play them as quickly as possible? If your desire to playthrough a game is so strong, then why not just play it again? It's a good game with great reviews. It's like you don't really enjoy your games, but rather its a chore that has to be done and got out of the way. As I said this is a genuine question because I don't get where this point of view is coming from. I play games for entertainment and enjoyment so if you enjoy a game why not play it through again? (Even though I get that you shouldn't have to) It's not like its an RPG where you might have sunk months of time creating a character, skills, etc

The real problem with starting again is coming from THE WAY THIS IS HANDLED! (capitals because later in my post this becomes the main issue). Let me try to describe the problem from my point of view.

First point (major for me, could not be even a point for others): I honestly am one of those who don't have time to play half the game again... period! Maybe there are few like me, but we do exist. Playing this game is a luxury I cannot afford to take with my time twice. Work, family and other hobbies keep me quite busy. I played it because I like the idea of the game and I liked a few previous versions I played. Sadly for me, I immensely liked this one! Sadly because of the bug and the reality that I don't have time to reply in order to continue. I can postpone playing until the bug is fixed (basic rescheduling of my time) but redoing all of it... no way. Should I mention that I'm at 100% coverage in almost all areas?

Second (THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION!), consider this: if I had the time, would I play it? No, because THE WAY THIS IS HANDLED! What do I mean? Well, imagine I do make time to go through again. I ask you (rhetorically): given the reality that games/software has bugs, is it possible to encounter another blocking bug? Yes is the only answer. Maybe the devil is so black and cold-hearted that the bug is encountered when I'm at 99% through the game. So what would happen then? Normally I would expect the developers to fix it in a way that allows me to continue. Sadly, I now know they might suggest a different approach: "please replay!". Knowing this, I cannot risk playing again, especially when the list of issues with this game is that long. And this is the reason why the game developer should issue a fix that allows you to continue playing. Not doing so is a direct disregard of the client's time and value of such time.

As a final note: personally, I find it deeply insulting because I realize I have paid (both time and money) to replace the QA team. I was not the first one finding this bug but I might as well be, because the result is the same: all that time is lost(!). Replaying because you have to, not because you want to, takes all the fun out of it so it's not "double the pleasure". The time is wasted for me and gained by the game developer because I, the client, found his bugs. I'm sorry but this is why you are paying the QA team. I'm not compensated for the time wasted and please don't try to phrase it any other way. It's wasted in their favour. Lawsuits began this way...

kkk101
3rd Dec 2015, 21:38
that is so stupid , i have spend over 70 euro (80 dollar ) for the game and now i cant continue the story and wait day for day .

When the patch next week doesnt appear then i sell the game.

Driber
3rd Dec 2015, 22:40
This is exactly what I meant as is quite obvious? The vast majority of players will never post online or go to an official forum.

Well if they don't even go on the internet to look for an apology, they aren't going to find it, no. That's not the devs' fault.

If they do post online they'll comment on a youtube video or comment section somewhere.

I don't think it's reasonable to demand the devs to go around hunting down every YT video and post an apology in each and every comment section. As I said, they posted an apology on their official channel, so if people want to hear an apology, they can easily find it.

I'm not expecting anything like that at all but the general lack of care I find shocking.

The way I see it, the fact that they've apologized shows that they do care. Unless of course people assume the apologies from the devs are insincere, in which case there is nothing they can say to convince people otherwise anyway.

I think you misunderstood. I was neither being sarcastic nor was I belittling people's frustrations. I merely disagreed with your opinion on what constitutes a sufficient apology and what lengths the devs should go to for getting that apology out to the people. I never said that people don't have a right to feel frustrated over this bug; of course they do!

Tecstar70
4th Dec 2015, 08:07
Maybe its just me, but while I totally understand peoples annoyance and frustration, I don't get why someone would spend time and money on a game and write it off completely and not just bite the bullet if that is your only course of action. Its hasn't even been out 3 weeks. Even if people stopped playing and waited for Update #2 if they felt like Naughty-Jbcarey says above or waited in the hope that the devs would be able to fix existing game saves. Its like games are being treated as a chore that needs to be done or a production line that has to rattle on regardless. I buy games to enjoy them, and I have other games if I want something else to play for some reason. If I did hit this bug I would be ranting of course but I would start again because I want to play the game I bought and sometimes you know, **** just happens.

Again, I am not belittling anyone's complaints because they are all valid but I just don't understand this particular reaction of dumping a game completely.

tomcat68
4th Dec 2015, 10:57
Maybe its just me, but while I totally understand peoples annoyance and frustration, I don't get why someone would spend time and money on a game and write it off completely and not just bite the bullet if that is your only course of action. Its hasn't even been out 3 weeks. Even if people stopped playing and waited for Update #2 if they felt like Naughty-Jbcarey says above or waited in the hope that the devs would be able to fix existing game saves. Its like games are being treated as a chore that needs to be done or a production line that has to rattle on regardless. I buy games to enjoy them, and I have other games if I want something else to play for some reason. If I did hit this bug I would be ranting of course but I would start again because I want to play the game I bought and sometimes you know, **** just happens.

Again, I am not belittling anyone's complaints because they are all valid but I just don't understand this particular reaction of dumping a game completely.

I think the problem a lot of people have with restarting the game from the beginning is due to the nature of the game. This is a game that is heavily focused on discovery and puzzle solving. The game does an extremely good job at those things, but it also means that a second playthrough would be, as you put it, a chore. There would be no enjoyment or feeling of accomplishment when solving the tomb puzzles a second time or discovering treasures because there would be nothing to solve or discover a second time through. You already know what is there, it would be just a tedious exercise of running around pulling levers and opening boxes again just so you can get back to where you were before the bug.

The only thing that might be somewhat satisfying the second time is the combat if you can try concentrating on perhaps different skills than you did the first time. Maybe try to focus on melee combat instead of bows for example to make things a bit different.

But for most people with limited free time, they are better off starting a brand new game and playing it for a week than putting that week of free time into a game he or she already played just for the purpose of getting back to a point so they can finish the last 30 percent of the game.

Kollikodon
4th Dec 2015, 15:29
Maybe its just me, but while I totally understand peoples annoyance and frustration, I don't get why someone would spend time and money on a game and write it off completely and not just bite the bullet if that is your only course of action.

I think it's because of the difference between playing through new content and playing through old content. We buy and play games to experience the new content. Finding new stuff is fun. Solving new puzzles, like how to get somewhere or make something work or get past/through a group of enemies, is fun. Those things engage our minds. They excite our sense of surprise and wonder. Kudos to the designers and developers for providing so much of that in this game.

Now, here's the problem. People try to enjoy this content in different ways. Some plan to do a fairly quick run-through of the main storyline, then do a second run where they explore and experiment more (including new difficulty levels). Those people are going to be bothered by a bug that prevents progress, but they can just decide to start that second run before they've completed the main story. I'd guess you're in this category, Tecstar70. However, others try to take their time and do as much as they can on that first run. Ironically, it's those patient ones are going to be most frustrated by a game-breaking bug, because it means they will experience very little that's new on that second run. No puzzles they haven't already solved. Only a few moments of surprise and wonder, just grind for hours and hours to get back to the good stuff. It almost feels like being punished for having had the temerity to enjoy the game to its fullest that first time. That's what makes people angry. They know there's something good, but the cost to get there (again) is too high.

Fortunately, I'm between these two extremes and my game-breaking bug occurs much earlier in the progression. The thought of starting over isn't intolerable, as long as there's at least some hope I won't hit that same bug every time. Then again, if I'm going to replay material I might as well replay material in other games that I haven't fully explored yet and where I have less reason to worry about hitting another game-breaking bug. I'll just play some more Deus Ex: Human Revolution and The Last of Us while I wait for the next patch or two, then I'll try again. However, I can understand how someone who already sucked all they can from this game and every similar one, who doesn't have that option like I do, would be much more upset.

P.S. Yes, I know this is very similar to tomcat68's answer. I just hope that coming at the same idea from a slightly different angle, in slightly different words, increases the odds of having the core message understood.

Tecstar70
4th Dec 2015, 15:40
Some plan to do a fairly quick run-through of the main storyline, then do a second run where they explore and experiment more (including new difficulty levels). Those people are going to be bothered by a bug that prevents progress, but they can just decide to start that second run before they've completed the main story. I'd guess you're in this category, Tecstar70.
No actually, I tend to do it the other way round. With Rise I explored the game fully and spent 50 hours completing it to 100% in my first run. I didn't perform the action that caused the game-breaking bug and once I found out about it I steered clear just in case until the end. My second playthrough will be on a higher difficulty level and will be quicker as I will playthrough and only collect what I need to.

I get what you are saying, but I feel if you have bought a game to enjoy it then you should do that even in these circumstances even if it means putting it aside for a bit and coming back to it if you couldn't face it straight away.

Foulpix
6th Dec 2015, 19:18
Hi
Is it a workaround ?
Thanks

Foulpix
6th Dec 2015, 19:20
Hi
Is it a workaround ?
Thanks

Tecstar70
6th Dec 2015, 19:24
Hi
Is it a workaround ?
Thanks

For some I believe it has worked but for others I believe they have got stuck again later on. Have a read through this thread.

CypherGreen
6th Dec 2015, 19:29
Jesus, I hadn't seen that list of bugs that range from major to medium level. Christ I've played early betas and games at games companies I used to work for that still had months of development that had less issues. :(
It's such a shame I was enjoying this game, this has really soured the whole experience.

Well if they don't even go on the internet to look for an apology, they aren't going to find it, no. That's not the devs' fault.

I don't think it's reasonable to demand the devs to go around hunting down every YT video and post an apology in each and every comment section. As I said, they posted an apology on their official channel, so if people want to hear an apology, they can easily find it.

The way I see it, the fact that they've apologized shows that they do care. Unless of course people assume the apologies from the devs are insincere, in which case there is nothing they can say to convince people otherwise anyway.

I think you misunderstood. I was neither being sarcastic nor was I belittling people's frustrations. I merely disagreed with your opinion on what constitutes a sufficient apology and what lengths the devs should go to for getting that apology out to the people. I never said that people don't have a right to feel frustrated over this bug; of course they do!

I honestly can not tell if you are actually being tonally aggressive and purposely missing the points of messages with your selective quoting as some form of trolling or just being rude. No one wants Devs to hunt down YT vids or anything like that, the point quite obviously was about the blasé attitude of the devs to the bug and asking people to restart like it's nothing.
Other devs(Actually fix bugs like this, Save patches aren't uncommon)... do things like offer compensation, use the in-game noticeboard to warn players and help them, do an official statement to game sites to help the players and warn them against it. To get that on Kotaku it took us people on this forum here reporting it to them. SE/CD have done nothing to raise awareness or help.

And my other issue is was just your choice of language and general attitude, your aggressive tone and trying to play it down quoting Daz8000 like this.

The apology was also quoted in the Kotaku article, BTW.
It was just so rude the italics and quote markings around countles implies there's only a few people who have run into this bug (and the vast majority would never be posting about it online, let alone here) and is trying so hard to paint people as whiners, rather than confused and upset people who have had their games ruined.

I can not fathom how someone can think it is OK to deal with people this way in this situation.
I'm glad we as the people on the forum have been able to help people via raising awareness but it's become apparent no help will be given and SE would never have warned anyone even though they could via the in-game noticeboard or via press releases.

CypherGreen
6th Dec 2015, 19:32
For some I believe it has worked but for others I believe they have got stuck again later on. Have a read through this thread.

Nope, it gets people a tiny bit further but the cut-scenes still don't play and they're still stuck.

Driber
6th Dec 2015, 23:45
I honestly can not tell if you are actually being tonally aggressive and purposely missing the points of messages with your selective quoting as some form of trolling or just being rude. No one wants Devs to hunt down YT vids or anything like that, the point quite obviously was about the blasé attitude of the devs to the bug and asking people to restart like it's nothing.
Other devs(Actually fix bugs like this, Save patches aren't uncommon)... do things like offer compensation, use the in-game noticeboard to warn players and help them, do an official statement to game sites to help the players and warn them against it. To get that on Kotaku it took us people on this forum here reporting it to them. SE/CD have done nothing to raise awareness or help.

And my other issue is was just your choice of language and general attitude, your aggressive tone and trying to play it down quoting Daz8000 like this.

It was just so rude the italics and quote markings around countles implies there's only a few people who have run into this bug (and the vast majority would never be posting about it online, let alone here) and is trying so hard to paint people as whiners, rather than confused and upset people who have had their games ruined.

I can not fathom how someone can think it is OK to deal with people this way in this situation.
I'm glad we as the people on the forum have been able to help people via raising awareness but it's become apparent no help will be given and SE would never have warned anyone even though they could via the in-game noticeboard or via press releases.

And I cannot fathom the amount of projection in this post. I've already addressed the perceived "tone" earlier; let's move on and stay on topic.

Okay good to know you don't expect the devs to hunt down TY vids. It sure sounded that way to me when you said "If they do post online they'll comment on a youtube video or comment section somewhere.", which to me implied you were shifting the responsibility onto the devs regarding getting the word out to those people.

You think the devs have a blasé attitude. I'm not sure that is what's happening. I'm more thinking it's simply a case of time management; the devs come online to clearly state what's what and then move on to get the next issue fixed ASAP.

You say that other devs fixing corrupted saves isn't uncommon. That may be so, but I don't believe it's standard practice, either.

I agree that notifying people through the notice board might be a good thing. Never said anything against that idea.

I'm not so sure I'm on board with the idea of the devs sending out official statements to gaming sites like you're suggesting. As we've learned from the past year with GamerGate, the games press is absolutely atrocious. I wouldn't trust them not to abuse something like that to turn it into yet another fake outrage story in the name of clickbait. Ironically, Kotaku has been one of the worst offenders. But hey, that's just my personal, cynical opinion.

kkk101
7th Dec 2015, 04:43
Can Square enix simple fix this , that the scene dont be showed ? Man thats so anoying !! I wait days for a patch , but it doesnt comes one. I still have dont contuined !!

Tecstar70
7th Dec 2015, 08:07
Can Square enix simple fix this , that the scene dont be showed ? Man thats so anoying !! I wait days for a patch , but it doesnt comes one. I still have dont contuined !!

If you have experienced this bug then the Update (as of now at least) is not going to fix it. You have to start again from the beginning and until the update is released either do not do the actions stated in the OP or avoid this tomb altogether,

Tecstar70
7th Dec 2015, 08:11
Also this issue is clearly not solved and marking it as so is disingenuous at best

Its marked as resolved for the benefit of the devs who are monitoring the forum and making sure they pick up on issues as they are reported. Additional to that it is actually resolved as there is a resolution - Start again or avoid the stated actions if you haven't reached that area yet and the issue will be fixed in Update #2. Now its not a completely satisfactory resolution, I get that, but it is a resolution.

kkk101
7th Dec 2015, 12:03
means that i complete restart the game from the beginning ? Or can i restart the Chapter ? zzz thats awsome NOTT

Tecstar70
7th Dec 2015, 12:27
means that i complete restart the game from the beginning ? Or can i restart the Chapter ? zzz thats awsome NOTT

Unless using a backup save works or you have another save in another games save slot from earlier in the game then yes at this time you have to start from the beginning.

Naughty-Jbcarey
7th Dec 2015, 13:45

See, THAT, That is the only thing dev's would need to fix, RESTART CHAPTER.

Again, if there's a dev reading this (hi there :wave:), fixing the 'save issue' and allowing the gamer's to restart only a PART of the game, that's it, done finished, ALL MAJOR ISSUES RESOLVED, in my book.

I don't care if I have to wait a month or two till I can raid that Bath Tomb, I care that I need to restart the game. (I haven't yet and don't intend too until Patch 2 is released; consider me a: hopeful or b: naive).

kkk101
7th Dec 2015, 14:19
lol epic bug really !! i dont spend my freetime for a second round for this game (and then comes the bug again ... ) yeah yeah ...

Kollikodon
7th Dec 2015, 20:54
If you have experienced this bug then the Update (as of now at least) is not going to fix it.
As of now. I - and I think a lot of others here - would appreciate hearing the official development position about whether a save patch is feasible. This could be combined with Naughty-Jbcarey's "restart chapter" suggestion, or packaged as a downloadable in-game item (so that its use can be limited or monitored). If the answer is that such a patch is not feasible, that's unfortunate but probably still better than the uncertainty we have now.

Tecstar70
7th Dec 2015, 21:02
As of now. I - and I think a lot of others here - would appreciate hearing the official development position about whether a save patch is feasible. This could be combined with Naughty-Jbcarey's "restart chapter" suggestion, or packaged as a downloadable in-game item (so that its use can be limited or monitored). If the answer is that such a patch is not feasible, that's unfortunate but probably still better than the uncertainty we have now.

Well currently what I have told you IS the official development position, as per the original post : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253

"Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it."

All you can do is keep an eye on this forum to see if that changes or not.

Driber
7th Dec 2015, 21:31
Indeed, there isn't uncertainty, Kollikodon. The devs have officially stated that the upcoming title update won't fix corrupted save game files.

Kollikodon
7th Dec 2015, 21:33
Well currently what I have told you IS the official development position, as per the original post : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253

"Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it."

OK, I wasn't aware that the statement above was from development, as opposed to "brand management" or whatever it's called these days.

As a developer myself, I believe in taking the developers at their word. I'm sure they're telling the truth when they say they can't figure out how to implement a save-pile patch safely. I'm also sure that most project managers would not allow "repair is impossible" to remain true after the next patch/release. Whatever formats or code internals led to that clearly need to be changed, so we don't end up here again. Also, I'm pretty sure that many here would be willing to try even an unsafe repair, which could be wrapped up in all sorts of "use at your own risk" warnings. As far as they're concerned, damaging an already-corrupt save file is no setback, and if there's any chance that it could work then it would be worth trying.

kkk101
8th Dec 2015, 01:32
When i plan to start the game new , what i must do that the bug dont be come ?

Tecstar70
8th Dec 2015, 06:49

Either make sure you follow the instructions in the original post or avoid the tomb altogether until you have finished the main story.

Bagherozzo
8th Dec 2015, 10:49

Just stay away from the boathouse tomb in geotermical valley...it's the tomb in front of the cave with the bear inside.
That's all what u have to do: stay away from the entrance of that tomb and everything will be all right.

tatane79
8th Dec 2015, 12:58
Just stay away from the boathouse tomb in geotermical valley...it's the tomb in front of the cave with the bear inside.
That's all what u have to do: stay away from the entrance of that tomb and everything will be all right.

Hi.
After two weeks of abstinence, and with absolutely no visibility from Square Enix for a delivery date of patch #2, I finally resign myself to playing a new game. Well, at least, I can now choose the "survivor" difficulty mode.

Anyway, as I do not want to turn the bug on again - obviously -, may I ask someone to post a screenshot of the Geothermical valley map, spotting a kind of "no-go zone" for Lara to secure my game?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Naughty-Jbcarey
9th Dec 2015, 11:17
Hi.
After two weeks of abstinence, and with absolutely no visibility from Square Enix for a delivery date of patch #2, I finally resign myself to playing a new game. Well, at least, I can now choose the "survivor" difficulty mode.

Anyway, as I do not want to turn the bug on again - obviously -, may I ask someone to post a screenshot of the Geothermical valley map, spotting a kind of "no-go zone" for Lara to secure my game?

Thanks in advance, guys.

From what I've gathered - THIS - is the bugged Tomd that one must avoid at all cost when you don't possess 'a rebreather'.

00xcb-9m8kY

My 'main advice' is, do the story (and only the story) and when that is finished you can return to all areas to collect all "extra's."

Tecstar70
9th Dec 2015, 11:44
From what I've gathered - THIS - is the bugged Tomd that one must avoid at all cost when you don't possess 'a rebreather'.

This is the tomb in question however it's not the Tomb that's actually bugged, its performing a specific save & exit action that causes the problem. They say its connected to the water pool location on the way to the tomb. As long as you don't do this you should be OK:

So the video below shows the water pool that I think is being referred to in the devs comments as well as the tomb in question. The water pool cave requires the rebreather to enter. What I reckon to do is go back to the campsite where this video starts, Fast travel to another location, save your game in another game slot, fast travel back to the Geothermal valley then go straight to the Tomb and do it. Ignore the water pool cave and carry on. You can always come back later if you want. As you progress further it will autosave and from the devs comments I would say at that point you are in the clear.

IoOab4Zfhjk

My 'main advice' is, do the story (and only the story) and when that is finished you can return to all areas to collect all "extra's."

Again, I wouldn't say that is necessary. I and others have collected as we have played, and I spent 53 hours from start to finish on a single playthrough without hitting a single issue. What I would advise is to rotate your save slot periodically in case you hit an issue and are able to drop back without having to restart completely.

kkk101
9th Dec 2015, 14:19
so i have startet a new game , i hope this bug comes not again.

And the bugged tomb , i have not be entered by my bugged save game !!!! so is not the tomb quest thats the bug causes.

Tecstar70
9th Dec 2015, 14:30
so i have startet a new game , i hope this bug comes not again.

And the bugged tomb , i have not be entered by my bugged save game !!!! so is not the tomb quest thats the bug causes.

Correct - see my post (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183253&p=2189770#post2189770) above.

kkk101
10th Dec 2015, 14:44
I Think tomorrow iam on the same position from the bug. I let you know, if the bug still comes

Floppybat
10th Dec 2015, 22:12
...And then I've been trap too.

Luckily (or not) I succesfully load a back up savegame ( from here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925) ) and I am now at the firecamp prior falling into cave and have to kill the two guys and then be stuck due to the missing cinematic.

Is there any move than I can do to avoid being stuck again ? how to relaunch the story.. and reactivate the checkpoint ..

Thanks and regards for your help.

kkk101
11th Dec 2015, 09:13
a new patch is aviable.

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 09:26
a new patch is aviable.

Yep, got it too. Download size 940MB on Xbox One. Can't see any version numbers anywhere but the update should start when you load the game.

Official details will follow soon I'm sure.

kkk101
11th Dec 2015, 10:31
So i have downloaded the new patch annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ? by the old Savegame (Bow with exploding door bug ) its not be fixed !!!

By my new game save iam now in acropolis village , but i dont want the continue (afraid thats the bug still comes again )

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 10:50
So i have downloaded the new patch annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ? by the old Savegame (Bow with exploding door bug ) its not be fixed !!!

By my new game save iam now in acropolis village , but i dont want the continue (afraid thats the bug still comes again )

I guess its difficult to comment until we know what the patch addresses and if there are any actions required to implement any fixes.

kkk101
11th Dec 2015, 12:45
yes with the new game savegame , the bug is gone !!

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 13:16
yes with the new game savegame , the bug is gone !!

Well not everyone had the problem when they played through, so that doesn't necessarily mean its been fixed.

kkk101
11th Dec 2015, 14:20
i have the bugged savegame always in the game. When the next patch comes , i still testing

Floppybat
11th Dec 2015, 14:45
After Patch #2:
-fast travel from acropolis village to other location and come back : not solving the issue
-change savegame slot : not solving the issue
-commit Lara suicide : not solving the issue

When I look at the game solution I should face a struggling fight in acropolis village, but no cinematic for me .. only a desert village .. ( with many fighting sounds)

I can only express my frustration ...

Bagherozzo
12th Dec 2015, 15:41
The dev told the patch would have not fix the bug, you have to restart anyway

LucyAkira
14th Dec 2015, 03:08
What the ****!
I've just found this?
My boyfriend and I have both been effected by this, I have gone through collecting everything and doing everything! My game % is at 50% and I've put about 30 hours into this doing a little bit a day, my boyfriend has done most things but not as much as me.

I am a Nurse and I only get about 1-2 hours of free time a day to do anything like this, I was finding the exploring to be relaxing and therapeutic and then last week I seemed to be stuck? I thought I'd maybe missed something.
I asked my boyfriend who was a bit behind me and the same happened to him...

And you are seriously ******* telling me that all my hard work is for nothing and to just ******* restart the game!??
Get off your arses and patch the game and fix it like any other reputable company would!

Some warning would be nice! I can see this has been known about for a long time. There's no excuse to leave people like this.
Is this Xbox One version just a bloody Beta for the PS4 and PC versions that are out next year, no doubt with more content and an optimized engine?

Tecstar70
14th Dec 2015, 07:51
What the ****!
I've just found this?
My boyfriend and I have both been effected by this, I have gone through collecting everything and doing everything! My game % is at 50% and I've put about 30 hours into this doing a little bit a day, my boyfriend has done most things but not as much as me.

I am a Nurse and I only get about 1-2 hours of free time a day to do anything like this, I was finding the exploring to be relaxing and therapeutic and then last week I seemed to be stuck? I thought I'd maybe missed something.
I asked my boyfriend who was a bit behind me and the same happened to him...

And you are seriously ******* telling me that all my hard work is for nothing and to just ******* restart the game!??
Get off your arses and patch the game and fix it like any other reputable company would!

Some warning would be nice! I can see this has been known about for a long time. There's no excuse to leave people like this.
Is this Xbox One version just a bloody Beta for the PS4 and PC versions that are out next year, no doubt with more content and an optimized engine?

It's a tricky one because so far it seems to have affected only a relatively small number of people. A lot of people did not experience this issue. This information has been on this forum for several weeks but I guess that a lot of people wouldn't have a need to check the forums unless they hit a problem. They have patched the game but unfortunately they can't fix already broken game saves. Have you been rotating your game slots? It's a good thing to do just in case something like this pops up.
Hopefully you are finding the game enjoyable enough so that if you have to start again you will still get something out of it.

SirFing
14th Dec 2015, 22:22
My experience was a bit different. I didn't really notice any weirdness until I got to the big combat room with the hole in the middle. Once I crawled under the door I was locked in with nobody to fight and no way out. Restarting the checkpoint put me right back outside the door. Fast traveling to other camps and back did nothing. I checked some lets plays on YouTube and found I that several cutscenes and all the combat did not trigger for me so I was just at a dead end. I thought I would have to start the game over but if you go to load save you'll see a prompt at the bottom right to press both triggers for a backup save. This save should take you back to when you first entered the previous area, in this case the geothermal valley. You'll lose any progress from then but it's better than starting again. I don't know if this is a post patch thing or not.

Edit: actually I forgot that I had no combat through the bazaar either.

Driber
14th Dec 2015, 23:36
My experience was a bit different. I didn't really notice any weirdness until I got to the big combat room with the hole in the middle. Once I crawled under the door I was locked in with nobody to fight and no way out. Restarting the checkpoint put me right back outside the door. Fast traveling to other camps and back did nothing. I checked some lets plays on YouTube and found I that several cutscenes and all the combat did not trigger for me so I was just at a dead end. I thought I would have to start the game over but if you go to load save you'll see a prompt at the bottom right to press both triggers for a backup save. This save should take you back to when you first entered the previous area, in this case the geothermal valley. You'll lose any progress from then but it's better than starting again. I don't know if this is a post patch thing or not.

Hi,

Just making clear - using the backup save feature actually solved the bug for you without having to restart your whole game?

I believe you are the first one to report this actually worked for you. Everyone else so far has reported that the backup save system did not help them.

Did you encounter the bug before you installed patch #2?

SirFing
15th Dec 2015, 02:32
Hi,

Just making clear - using the backup save feature actually solved the bug for you without having to restart your whole game?

I believe you are the first one to report this actually worked for you. Everyone else so far has reported that the backup save system did not help them.

Did you encounter the bug before you installed patch #2?

I only previously encountered one weird glitch where I fell through some geometry and somehow got warped ahead to an area I was clearly not suppose to be at yet. I fast traveller back and continued as usual. The backup save would have sent me back to before that as well. As of now my issue has been resolved. I took the advice of a poster above and avoided all tombs. I got the cutscenes and combat I was supposed to get and have been able to progress the story forward so as far as I can tell it has worked for me. I did not have to restart and luckily only lost about an hour of progress. I did have a 940mb update before I started playing(pre-backup). I believe my game was already bugged at that point though since I was already passed the remnant bazaar and there was no combat through that area. I thought that was normal until seeing some videos of the level.

CypherGreen
18th Dec 2015, 04:30
I only previously encountered one weird glitch where I fell through some geometry and somehow got warped ahead to an area I was clearly not suppose to be at yet. I fast traveller back and continued as usual. The backup save would have sent me back to before that as well. As of now my issue has been resolved. I took the advice of a poster above and avoided all tombs. I got the cutscenes and combat I was supposed to get and have been able to progress the story forward so as far as I can tell it has worked for me. I did not have to restart and luckily only lost about an hour of progress. I did have a 940mb update before I started playing(pre-backup). I believe my game was already bugged at that point though since I was already passed the remnant bazaar and there was no combat through that area. I thought that was normal until seeing some videos of the level.

If you tell us exactly how and where you encountered the falling through geometry glitch you could be a hero for many letting people bypass the glitch in one way or another.

Also, if the devs can get that working they could highlight a way to fix it for us as I totally do not buy the reasons behind not having a patch fix people's saves as you can just change trigger values but oh well...

Driber
18th Dec 2015, 09:55
I totally do not buy the reasons behind not having a patch fix people's saves as you can just change trigger values but oh well...

Just thought I'd point out that patching big games like these usually isn't as simple as merely "changing a trigger value" somewhere. When devs change something in the game code, there's a lot of QA work going into it. Even the smallest changes can inadvertently cause other problems, potentially breaking the game for millions of other players.

CypherGreen
22nd Dec 2015, 02:28
Just thought I'd point out that patching big games like these usually isn't as simple as merely "changing a trigger value" somewhere. When devs change something in the game code, there's a lot of QA work going into it. Even the smallest changes can inadvertently cause other problems, potentially breaking the game for millions of other players.

Yep, having worked QA, On team-Dev QA and Design in couple of Microsoft owned studios in the UK I'm quite aware of the issues with patching and even more aware of what a huge **** up this bug is and amazed nothing is being done to help :(

Driber
22nd Dec 2015, 09:34
Yep, having worked QA, On team-Dev QA and Design in couple of Microsoft owned studios in the UK I'm quite aware of the issues with patching and even more aware of what a huge **** up this bug is and amazed nothing is being done to help :(

I wouldn't say that patching the game and offering players a work-around is "nothing".

CypherGreen
23rd Dec 2015, 04:54
I wouldn't say that patching the game and offering players a work-around is "nothing".

I'd say its nothing to me and all of the others its effected who've essentially wasted 20+ hours for a game the shops won't accept as a return, who have had the entire experience soured and doubtfully could never justify ever doing an entire play-through again due to precious little time. A workaround that requires playing the whole game through again is no workaround.

RaiderStorm
30th Dec 2015, 14:22
It took me most of the holidays (:() but I finally made it back to the same point in the game after Patch 2, but without exploring any tombs or finding most of the collectibles I had the first time round. The bug didn't happen this time, although I didn't risk going in the Bathhouse, so I can't confirm if it was fixed.

Would have been nice if Square Enix were to offer some kind of free item such as a new outfit to early buyers of the game who were affected by this (and other) bugs, to make up for the extra time it took to play through again.

Driber
30th Dec 2015, 14:56
I'd say its nothing to me and all of the others its effected who've essentially wasted 20+ hours for a game the shops won't accept as a return, who have had the entire experience soured and doubtfully could never justify ever doing an entire play-through again due to precious little time. A workaround that requires playing the whole game through again is no workaround.

I understand it's a work-around that not everyone is happy with it, but it's a work-around nonetheless. It's a way to get past the bug, if one is willing to invest the time into it. I've been through this with other games as well. Had to start from the beginning (and one time the bug STILL appeared, so I had to play a third time :mad:) and yeah it sucks and it's not a perfect solution, but it's a solution.

It took me most of the holidays (:() but I finally made it back to the same point in the game after Patch 2, but without exploring any tombs or finding most of the collectibles I had the first time round. The bug didn't happen this time, although I didn't risk going in the Bathhouse, so I can't confirm if it was fixed.

You can safely test if it's fixed for you by temporarily changing save slots and doing the bathhouse on the "disposable" slot. If the bug gets triggered (it shouldn't) then you can change back to the "clean" save slot and continue from there.

JunesLoremaster
14th Jan 2016, 13:58
Patch #2 was already released? I don't have internet in my Xbox 360, so how can I install this patch via USB drive? I want to play this so muuuuch!! :'(

Tecstar70
14th Jan 2016, 14:01
Patch #2 was already released? I don't have internet in my Xbox 360, so how can I install this patch via USB drive? I want to play this so muuuuch!! :'(

I don't think you can. How did you install Update #1?

JunesLoremaster
14th Jan 2016, 22:08
I don't think you can. How did you install Update #1?

I didn't. Patch #2 was already released?

kirigayakazuto7
26th Mar 2016, 02:32
Here is the save file for XBOX 360 Rise Of Tomb Rider after WAR..

No bugs or glitch when shoot grenade arrows..
Only SAVE FILE..
Download link : http://linkshrink.net/7HXFsl .. please wait for 5 second to skip ads.