PDA

View Full Version : My first new thread....and poll..

Stryder
29th Jun 2002, 23:53
Well....after 48 hours of trying out my new nick...I'm not sure if I like it or not. I was pretty used to being ricknmel.

Whaduya taffers think?

Thorin Oakenshield
30th Jun 2002, 00:02
Rick, I like Stryder

http://www26.brinkster.com/mseyre/thorin.txt (http://www.mseyre.co.uk)

ChowYunFat
30th Jun 2002, 00:03
I voted for ricknmel.

Huntress
30th Jun 2002, 00:12
It's confusing enough over here without trying to figure out who's who with new nicks...IMHO :) It's more in keeping with our group of Taffer's who are NOT Jr. Members but really the same folks just in a different location/board...although your tag does help some :p So whatever...but ricknmel made a name and a personality for himself in our Guild ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

TRoosevelt_26
30th Jun 2002, 00:21
Change it back... :(

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 00:30
OOOOOhhhhh Rick......er Stryder.....is it Kevel? LOL!
Think now....while your still a newbie! I thought of the samething. Should I change??? But, I am stuck with this name.
I cast my vote. Change it. ;)
Love ya just the way ya are man! :o http://216.40.201.38/otn/tongue/crazy3.gif

oh dig that crazy tongue! HA!

Peter_Smith
30th Jun 2002, 00:36
I voted for ricknmel. The reasons have been well-expressed by others.:)

Komag
30th Jun 2002, 00:36
I think that only at first do we want it to stay the old way, but quite soon we'd be used to your new name, and it IS cool, so I vote KEEP THE NEW NAME :D

Xcom
30th Jun 2002, 01:43
I like ricknmel better. Get it back. That's an order. :D

Stryder
30th Jun 2002, 01:51
Thanks for the opnions so far taffers :)

I'll wait for some more input before deciding, but I agree with all the comments so far. I guess it doesn't really matter what my name is....I'm still the same person. Heck...many of you have been calling me Rick anyways :p

One thing though....while snooping around the bowels of the forum....I discovered that you can only register one name per IP address, so I may have to stick with Stryder even if I decided I wanted to change it.

Oh well...it's win/win either way. But I appreciate the feedback so far! :)

Xcom
30th Jun 2002, 01:56
Originally posted by Stryder
One thing though....while snooping around the bowels of the forum....I discovered that you can only register one name per IP address, so I may have to stick with Stryder even if I decided I wanted to change it.

You must log out first.

RicknMel
30th Jun 2002, 02:05
Thanks Xcom! :D
LOL

Now it gets even more confusing...Who's this Stryder guy trying to impersonate me? ;) :p

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 02:15
Ricknmel!! Your back!!! Good see you again.......er my head is spinning from all these changes....ha...:rolleyes: :cool:

RicknMel
30th Jun 2002, 02:24
OK...I'm back for good. Made up my mind. Time to go ask if someone can delete "Stryder" for good before I change my mind again. ;)

Peter_Smith
30th Jun 2002, 02:32
Good to see you back, Rick (nMel).:) That IP address business is confusing. It seems not to take into account that IP addresses are usually assigned dynamically by your ISP, so when you reconnect you get a different IP address. I guess that's how you were successful in registering the second time. It is possible that you will get a conflict later if you happen to hit the old IP address. I really don't know -- I'm new to this. Let's hope not. E-mail me if you have a problem with the IP thing.

Thorin Oakenshield
30th Jun 2002, 10:26
Oh:eek: you changed back. I suppose RicknMel does conjure (sp?) up a certain image. :)

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 13:13
With all these changes around here, it is nice to know, somethings remain the same. :)

Nightwalker
30th Jun 2002, 13:16
I'm glad you decided to stick with RicknMel, myself! I like to see the old familiar names in a new place. It makes it feel more like home! :)

Gumdrop
30th Jun 2002, 13:35
ricknmel wouldn't be rickmel if they weren't called ricknmel now would they?!

Dig the sig. ;)

Xcom
30th Jun 2002, 14:21
Hehe, he is back.

(Now I am thinking, maybe you should have asked Mouser to change your name instead of re-registering)

RicknMel
30th Jun 2002, 14:46
Thanks everyone :)

Peter,
The IP thing doesn't give me any troubles. Last night I "re-logged-in" as Stryder so I could delete one of my threads that I did as "Stryder", and I've switched back since.

The board doesn't seem to care as long as I log off, then log on, and remember what password goes to what. But I will see if Mouser can "expungebob" :p Stryder from the records. But I'll wait for awhile until he'll have more time. I know he'll be busy for a while getting things ironed out around here.

Xcom.......I've always been under the impression you can't have your username changed. Maybe that's not true with the new software. But oh well....it's a done deal now.