PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Voice of God Glitch [Resolved]

Almesaries
10th Nov 2015, 13:29
Update: We will have a fix for this in patch 2. For now we recommend coming back after acquiring the knife as a workaround.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so after reading the proper way to post a bug let me edit this post:

Playing on XBox One.
I am in the main capmaign. I just finished the chapter where I meet Jacob for the first time and escape the prison.
I have not played the game before so I have not previously passed this point.

So I figured out how to lower the counterweight back down to attach it to the rope winch, but when I attach it I am not given the button prompt to release the winch. I got the prompt when the counterweight was still up but not when it is down in the correct position.

Thanks for the help. Great game so far otherwise.

Tecstar70
10th Nov 2015, 14:00
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

Almesaries
10th Nov 2015, 17:25
So I restarted the game and I fast-traveled as far away as I could (the first campsite) then came back and now the prompt is there but the rope doesn't release. Thought I had fixed it.

Almesaries
10th Nov 2015, 17:53
Trying to fix this on my own. Loaded my backup save and went back to the tomb, It's the Voice of God, sorry I couldn't remember exactly. It was working fine but I mistimed my first two attempts at releasing the counterweight so when I attached it the third time and wound the crank again I no longer got the prompt to release the crank. I got it the first two times but now it is back to the same bug state it was in before. I am going to reload the backup one more time and see if I can time it right to get past this area but I still wanted to update you on what I have tried.

Almesaries
10th Nov 2015, 18:04
Last Post. I was able to time it right this time and solved the tomb. Still I hope you can find the bug because I would hate for someone else to go through what I just did, especially if their backup save was a lot farther back than mine was.

AwesomeCommando
10th Nov 2015, 21:58

Playing on XBox One.
I am in the main capmaign. I just finished the chapter where I meet Jacob for the first time and escape the prison.

So I figured out how to lower the counterweight back down to attach it to the rope winch, but when I attach it I am not given the button prompt to release the winch. I got the prompt when the counterweight was still up but not when it is down in the correct position.

Same problem. Missed the timed release of the counter weight to the gust of wind. Can now not release rope from winch. Will try to go back to main area, finish rest of game and hope for a patch.

RobinHuey
11th Nov 2015, 05:42

Playing on XBox One.

Last Post. I was able to time it right this time and solved the tomb. Still I hope you can find the bug because I would hate for someone else to go through what I just did, especially if their backup save was a lot farther back than mine was.

Same problem. Missed the timed release of the counter weight to the gust of wind. Can now not release rope from winch. Will try to go back to main area, finish rest of game and hope for a patch.

Sorry you're encountering this and thanks both for the posts and updates. We’re looking into this! If possible, could you please capture a video of it so we can take a look?

JMFoul
11th Nov 2015, 21:41
Sorry you're encountering this and thanks both for the posts and updates. We’re looking into this! If possible, could you please capture a video of it so we can take a look?

I uploaded a clip to Youtube.

Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYrh8YObdU&feature=youtu.be)

Same issue as the others. I failed the first try and now the device won't release the rope. You also can't interact with the lever if you re-apply the rope.

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 21:43
I uploaded a clip to Youtube.

Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYrh8YObdU&feature=youtu.be)

Thanks for the video!

Jmorgan1787
12th Nov 2015, 10:39

Im having similar issues, i have recorded several attempts, im stuck in this tomb.... Without a backup save.... ;(

MeaganMarie
12th Nov 2015, 16:35
Thank you for the video! We're working to recreate the bug at the office so we can get to the bottom of what is causing it. I'll post an update here when I have one!

JMFoul
12th Nov 2015, 17:49
I was finally able to get past this by getting the knife given to you a bit further in the story. I came back, cut the rope, and it worked.

OmegaWave
12th Nov 2015, 20:57
Unfortunately, I am also stuck at the same spot and I have no backup save. I may just leave and return with the knife as JMFoul suggested.

Remote741
13th Nov 2015, 00:36
I am stuck in the same spot with no backup save as well. Also no knife, Has anyone been able to exit the Tomb? I backtracked but got hung up on a rock wall. When entering the Tomb I jumped off a cliff and onto the rock wall, which is not accessible when backtracking as the cliff is to far above the rock wall to jump back up.
I would happily just leave the Tomb and come back later when I've acquired the knife or a patch has been issued, but since I cannot backtrack and have no backup save, I'm completely stuck.
If anyone knows how to exit the tomb after encountering this bug, it would be greatly appreciated if a quick guide on how to do so could be posted since it is the only option for myself and others stuck with no backup save or indication as to when a patch addressing this glitch will be issued.

Thanks!

MeaganMarie
13th Nov 2015, 01:23
Update: We will have a fix for this in patch 2. For now we recommend coming back after acquiring the knife as a workaround.

MeaganMarie
13th Nov 2015, 01:27
I am stuck in the same spot with no backup save as well. Also no knife, Has anyone been able to exit the Tomb? I backtracked but got hung up on a rock wall. When entering the Tomb I jumped off a cliff and onto the rock wall, which is not accessible when backtracking as the cliff is to far above the rock wall to jump back up.
I would happily just leave the Tomb and come back later when I've acquired the knife or a patch has been issued, but since I cannot backtrack and have no backup save, I'm completely stuck.
If anyone knows how to exit the tomb after encountering this bug, it would be greatly appreciated if a quick guide on how to do so could be posted since it is the only option for myself and others stuck with no backup save or indication as to when a patch addressing this glitch will be issued.

Thanks!

Hey there!

The traversal path back for this tomb can be a little tricky. Can you confirm that you're following the right path? Here's a video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/KaD5S8P6kBM?t=9m15s

Remote741
13th Nov 2015, 01:44
Hey there!

The traversal path back for this tomb can be a little tricky. Can you confirm that you're following the right path? Here's a video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/KaD5S8P6kBM?t=9m15s

Ah I see now. I'm sorry, I was not. In my efforts to backtrack exactly the way I came in, I jumped down to the ledge below instead of climbing up (At the ledge 10 minutes into the walkthrough.)
Thank you so much for your help!

dandy15
18th Nov 2015, 21:16
I can' t cut the rope, in the first challenge. Please help me.

Tecstar70
18th Nov 2015, 21:18
Is this your problem: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183227&p=2183972#post2183972

dandy15
18th Nov 2015, 21:24
Exactly the same. I must wait to have the knive then?

Tecstar70
18th Nov 2015, 21:35
It looks that way unfortunately.

IkhwanCargas
29th Nov 2015, 15:51

Thanks!

One the second rope arrow slide jump to the cliff. Drop down and go right then you'll see the camp.

Krissrock
5th Dec 2015, 03:12
Please bare with me for my first post.

I've discovered a glitch in the Frozen Gorge tomb.

I'm playing straight through the single player game. I haven't used any online activities. And the only DLC I have is the Apex Predator add-on.

In the tomb, you have the counter weights to the right of the room. You are to shoot the counter weight with your arrow, She connects it the wench, and you draw it back, and then on the other side of the wench, there's a lever that snaps the rope to allow the counterweight to swing and (I guess) break the ice holding the counterweight for the other door.

What I've discovered in attempting to get this section, it appears that if you attempt to do, and miss the rhythm of the blowing wind, the weight will swing: if you shoot your arrow and connect with the weight while it's naturally swing toward you, the rope will never break after that.
Thus you can progress no further.

You can keep shooting the weight and making new rope connections, but using your tool on the other side of the wench will not break the rope. I've tried messing with the wench back out in the main room...Leaving the whole area entirely...killing myself... No matter what, when I return, the counterweight is still drawn up taught by the wench. And the rope cannot be broken.
I'll see if I can get a video...

Krissrock
5th Dec 2015, 03:24
Neqac-1fUXI

Lucacentric28
5th Dec 2015, 06:52
Can you step in front of the winch and cut the rope with the Y button? I know this can be done under normal circumstances... not sure about in this instance though.

Tecstar70
5th Dec 2015, 10:06
It does look like your not going in front and using Y to cut the rope. Can you confirm you can do this?

Krissrock
5th Dec 2015, 13:30
pretty sure I've tried that. But i'll gladly try it again and post the video.

Krissrock
6th Dec 2015, 02:40
Here you go...

XPrWNnrkW_E

as you can see, i'm not even offered the "X" button to break the line on the crank...

Tecstar70
6th Dec 2015, 08:02
Firstly, have you gone out to the main room and lowered the weight with the winch? secondly, you need to then use the X on that winch to wind it back. Then you can walk round to the front of the winch and use Y to cut it when prompted. Don't use melee to try to cut it. Just a thought, have you got the knife yet? It's weirs, yet another issue that I never experienced!
Just playing devils advocate, have you done everything in the order in this video:

gmO31RS8CTY

Tecstar70
6th Dec 2015, 10:13
I am thinking this is the same issue as this one: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183227

Can you confirm?

Krissrock
6th Dec 2015, 15:00
yes. the other post is the problem. Sorry I didn't know the correct name of the tomb, or of course I would have found that in my search.
the video posted by JMFoul is the exact same issue I have .
Everything worked properly at first, (I could break the rope) then it stopped, I could no longer break the rope and i'm not presented with (X) prompt to even try as shown in the video...

So...according to the other thread...i'll just have to acquire the knife and come back since no patch has been pushed yet