PDA

View Full Version : Weapon and Gear Customisation

Valenka
10th Nov 2015, 05:45
Let's talk about weapon and gear customisation! I really love the overhaul they've done, offering a heap of customisation options. One thing I've noticed, which I will put in spoiler tags just in case anyone wants to discover it for themselves, is a beautiful little homage to history.

With the semi-automatic handgun that Lara obtains in Siberia, there is a counterweight attachment that makes her handgun resemble the HK USP Match handguns she dual-wielded in Legend through Underworld and the spin offs and mobile games!

Isn't that fabulous?!

There is so much variety and it's wonderful! I feel like it's just the right amount of customisation options; not too much and not too little. My only complaint is that I wish some attachments were detachable and while I do like that once you upgrade something, the upgrade applies to all weapons in the category, I wish there was another option to disable it. For example, I might want to completely upgrade Lara's semi-automatic handgun, but leave the revolver completely vanilla. It's not entirely important, though.

What do you guys think about the customisation?

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 17:04
I think they just about go it right. I am not too keen on bazillions or loadout options a'la Battlefield. Similarly with the crafting I thought the hit the level right. I did find near the end that once you have upgraded a lot you can nearly have everything and so I never found myself scrabbling around for resources so making the battles fairly easy towards the end and I was playing ion Seasoned Raider difficulty. It will be interesting to see how much of a challenge Survivor is in comparison.

a_big_house
23rd Nov 2015, 18:13
What do you guys think about the customisation?

I didn't notice that little easter egg (if we can call it that), but mainly cause I didn't customize much...

I don't know about you guys, but I stuck with the revolver (the golden one), the second bow option (compound I think?) and the standard assault rifle, I felt no reason to swap and change, especially with all the weapons instantly getting the bought upgrades :hmm: