PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 - Beta League 3.0 Week 1 Update

Oghamsmith
9th Nov 2015, 18:37
As the Human forces continue to bring the fight to their former Vampire overlords, the intensity of the conflict continues to rise.

With the much coveted Drowning God shields up for grabs for all players who make it into the Blood tier and above, we’re already seeing strong contention for these much-sought-after relics.

The Top 5
When it comes to the pinnacle of player performance, that’s where things begin to get really interesting. In the Eternal tier, the top 100 Nosgoth players are shooting, slashing and swiping their way to the very top of the Leaderboard, gathering notoriety along the way, while making many a man tremble in his boots. Let’s take a look:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/657/blog/top5.png

Right out of the gate, we can see that xeno & empsie of Pubstars fame have combined their skill and experience in Nosgoth, with a burning desire to utterly dominate.

Having played an impressive number of matches already this season, they’ve set a strong pace at the outset of their campaign. It’ll take a solid effort to beat these guys. Luckily, we’ve got quite a bit of talent rising quickly through the ranks who’re perfectly positioned to rain a world of pain down upon the top two.

First and second amongst the rising challengers are Dena & Nothing More. Most notable about these two, is there impressive win/loss ratio, topping even that of their Pubstars rivals. These are two players worth keeping an eye on.

Rounding up the Top 5, we have Bitter Man with a valiant effort. He’s got plenty of players nipping at his heels, but for the time being the Bitter Man can find some sweetness in the fact that he has made it into the top 5 players in the world. Congrats!

Just for fun?
Beholding the epic efforts of those vying for global domination can be somewhat of a daunting prospect. Fear not, whether you want to fight for fun and see which tier you can reach, push yourself to make it into the Blood tier and secure that shield, or fight for your share of the $10,000 prize pool in Eternal; Leagues has something to offer nearly all Nosgoth players.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/652/blog/league-shield.jpg

Have fun sucking (blood :P),
The Nosgoth Team

snejjjj
9th Nov 2015, 21:36
seems legit

/discuss

Da_Wolv
9th Nov 2015, 22:35
Maybe investigate the names further when you want to call out some players :D
Some players change their Steam names more often than they change their underwear.

Edit:
Also, since this picture cuts off after place 5, it does not really show the full scope of ranked.
You can see a heavy drop in pointage from 1st-2sn to 3-4th and to 5th, which is precisely my biggest problem with ranked.
Granted, I am happy the people at the top actually deserve to be there, but still - if you have more time than friends you could (theoretically) grind the hell out of the game and get to a point where your score is almost impossible to reach by others who have family, work, school and other things to do in the evening.
You should have a look at how points are distributed and sustained, because if you want to bring people into the game by advertising Ranked, than give them a chance to actually compete.

It has been said many times how the matchmaking is broken, putting people with like 50 (or less) hours ingame into eternal lobbies. Turns out - these people are actually close to eternal themselves.
With an actual loss in points (depending on the lobby you play in) more people are going to be put into the league where they actually belong, which in turn will also impact the matchmaking.

CountEyokir
10th Nov 2015, 10:29
*sits here not much carrying for leagues or glowing weapons and armour, still waiting for the additions of Lore, classes and new maps to justifying this games continued existence in the Legacy of Kain franchise*

Vampmaster
10th Nov 2015, 10:43
*sits here not much carrying for leagues or glowing weapons and armour, still waiting for the additions of Lore, classes and new maps to justifying this games continued existence in the Legacy of Kain franchise*

There's supposed to be lore coming this week according to the State of Play. Maybe remind Chris? Also, did you see my post about the Battle Priests of The Lake Of Serenity in the lore thread (probably a better place to discuss it). That could be explored at some point. I asked about the new map, and Chris said on twitter they'll showcase it on twitch when it's closer to completion, but it's still not ready yet.

Da_Wolv
10th Nov 2015, 10:48

Not this again.
This is not a story driven game. Go yell at SqEnix for not making a proper LoK title. They made a Multiplayer title and most Multiplayer titles have a rudimentary story at best. You don't need to know the clan names of the vampires to get the full experience here, you don't need to know the placed its set in.

Vampmaster
10th Nov 2015, 10:56
Not this again.
This is not a story driven game. Go yell at SqEnix for not making a proper LoK title. They made a Multiplayer title and most Multiplayer titles have a rudimentary story at best. You don't need to know the clan names of the vampires to get the full experience here, you don't need to know the placed its set in.

Admittedly, this is the wrong thread to be discussing story, but it's hardly a game destroying drain on resources that one guy writes a blog every now and then. You don't get to decide what people are allowed to request for the game.

CountEyokir
10th Nov 2015, 11:08
Not this again.

I bring it up because - a) its what I actually care about and I could have sworn we were supposed to have that lore before now and b) - the entire point of this game, as sold to the lok community, was to introduce new players to the background and world of LoK. No good saying it doesn't have to do that, that was the selling point in the first place as communicated to us during the initial backlash against the existence of a multiplayer LoK game

Vampmaster
10th Nov 2015, 11:17
I bring it up because - a) its what I actually care about and I could have sworn we were supposed to have that lore before now and b) - the entire point of this game, as sold to the lok community, was to introduce new players to the background and world of LoK. No good saying it doesn't have to do that, that was the selling point in the first place as communicated to us during the initial backlash against the existence of a multiplayer LoK game

It wasn't the entire point, but it was one of the goals. Anyway, this is probably a better place to discuss the lore:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=180391

CountEyokir
10th Nov 2015, 11:25
It wasn't the entire point, but it was one of the goals. Anyway, this is probably a better place to discuss the lore:

agreed

Da_Wolv
10th Nov 2015, 12:29
Admittedly, this is the wrong thread to be discussing story, but it's hardly a game destroying drain on resources that one guy writes a blog every now and then. You don't get to decide what people are allowed to request for the game.
As far as I am concerned, a blog entry has nothing to do with the game.
Go ahead, write blogs. I just don't know why you are hassling Psyonix about it! You can just write fan fiction, since it's looking dim that SE will do anything with the lisence going forward.

Most players don't even read the forums! Do you think anyone reads the blog?
If the blog entries are what interests you, then again: Why do you even play? The blog entries are up for free, you don't need a certain time ingame to unlock them or anything?

Indeed.

KaininitePriestess
10th Nov 2015, 14:07
There's no need to be insulting to fans who are only making a suggestion for something they want. It doesn't effect your life in the least.

Though I do agree, this isn't the best place to bring it up. Just don't get insulting about it.

Da_Wolv
10th Nov 2015, 14:38
There's no need to be insulting to fans who are only making a suggestion for something they want. It doesn't effect your life in the least.

Though I do agree, this isn't the best place to bring it up. Just don't get insulting about it.
I'm not insulting or calling anyone names.
I am merely stating that some people might need to live with the fact that they are upset about non-issues.
I like a good story as much as the next guy, but I am not gonna write letters to ESPN to include some more fantasy novel readings into their coverage of sports. Its the wrong medium.

snejjjj
10th Nov 2015, 14:45
Da_Wolv is right in any way. I can sign every post.

Louves
10th Nov 2015, 15:13
Please --> http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=180391 :poke:

-Shiro-
10th Nov 2015, 23:35
Congratulations to them ! ;)

Rookkie
23rd Nov 2015, 21:51
Just a quick question, what happens to those Pubstars guys? Not even on Top 100 now. Did they get to drunk on that pub to play?

Da_Wolv
23rd Nov 2015, 22:35
Just a quick question, what happens to those Pubstars guys? Not even on Top 100 now. Did they get to drunk on that pub to play?

They are still 1st and 2nd...
but thx for letting everyone know that you are easily fooled by changing nicknames on Steam.