PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue audio stutters on PS3

Fiktional
9th Nov 2015, 05:01
I've played this game already on Steam but I bought a copy on PS3 as well so that I could share it with loved ones on the big screen. Unfortunately, for some reason the dialogue audio (never the music) stutters fairly frequently and I fear that it's really affecting the experience. Given that this is a PS3 that's getting on in years, I suppose it might be a hardware problem, but I haven't had this issue with any other game.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution? Any advice would be appreciated!

ScottBlows
12th Nov 2015, 11:37
Hello Fiktional

Is the game fully updated? How long have you had your PS3?

What scenes in particular are stuttering?

Many thanks :)

Fiktional
13th Nov 2015, 04:18
Hello Fiktional

Is the game fully updated? How long have you had your PS3?

What scenes in particular are stuttering?

Many thanks :)
Thanks for the response! The game is fully updated as far as I can tell; I bought it last week and applied the patch. I think it would've let me know if any further updates were required.

The stuttering (or rather brief skipping) is happening throughout the game every few lines or so. I lose a word or two here and there. It's a constant thing. The only cause I can think of is that my PS3 hard drive is getting old and the system is having trouble reading the dialogue off of it, but all other aspects of the game seem fine.