PDA

View Full Version : Why have I been Banned :(

RiCh
29th Jun 2002, 22:51
Why do I keep getting a “your IP address has been banned from this forum” message? Have I done something wrong? If so I like to know what I’ve supposed to have done wrong!! I’ve sent an email to the admin but I had this message come up a few times on the old forum aswell? What’s going on? I have to re-connect back online to even view the forum it’s not good!:confused:

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 22:54
Hmm... Something fishy :eek:

Nightwalker
29th Jun 2002, 23:01
There's obviously been some kind of mistake, RiCh! I had that happen at TTLG one time. I'm sure the Mods and admin will fix it up for you. Why would they want to ban one of our favourite FM authors?

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 23:14
Hear, hear:)

http://www26.brinkster.com/mseyre/thorin.txt

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 00:24
Deep Breath..........AAAAaahhhhh it'll be OK RiCh. It is VERY unlikely you got banned. I was banned last year! HAH!! Though I am still here aren't I? ;) I had a similiar IP to someone elses.
GM took care of it rather quickly I might add. I got the message, same as you received and :eek: :eek: WHAT??!! I know I may get carried away......but......but.......but........WHAT??

With this new board, tweaking has begun, with it being the weekend, that doesn't help either. I wouldn't sweat it.
Things shall be taken care of taffer. OR WE SHALL PROTEST!! ;)

Peter_Smith
30th Jun 2002, 00:43
It must be a mistake. When an IP address is dynamically assigned by the ISP, and a person using such a transient IP address is banned, then there is non-uniqueness of the IP address that could catch others from the same ISP in the crossfire.

I have always wondered how an IP address could legitimately be banned in this situation, and now I know. It can't.:)

The admins usually do not work on weekends. Let's see on Monday what they have to say. If you do not get resolution of this, please e-mail me.

In the meanwhile, if you get assigned an ISP address that works, stay logged on as long as you can.:)

RiCh
30th Jun 2002, 00:52
Ok thanks Peter, I’ll let you know if I run into anymore trouble. But this has happened at least 5 times on the old forum as well :( I’ve never been banned from anything in my life, and I don’t want to be banned from here…..I’m not even a member yet :D

Peter_Smith
30th Jun 2002, 00:58
OK, fine. I'm sure it will be sorted out eventually. You might re-read my above message. I was editing it while you posted, and it was then incomplete.:)

Peter_Smith
2nd Jul 2002, 13:17
I posted about this problem in the moderator's forum, and Redlegg removed that banned IP address, so you should be OK now, RiCh.:)

RiCh
2nd Jul 2002, 21:32
Hi Peter, and thanks again :) Grey Mouser’s also sent me an email, so things should be ok now. I haven’t had any more trouble since so that’s encouraging.