PDA

View Full Version : [XBOX 360] Various graphical and rendering issues [Under Investigation]

JackNicholson1995
8th Nov 2015, 16:18
Xbox 360
Main Campaign
Earlier on the campaign - can't tell the chapter right now
Campaign not completed yet
Not in expedition mode

The following happened all in the same area: where you get your first side quest and are tasked with disabling the repeating towers.
- Lightning seemed broken all over the buildings, they looked almost pale white, but when returning to the area after being imprisoned it looked much better, gorgeous i would say, compared with before, showing correct lightning and shadows.
- Shooting a deer caused it to run into the environment and then it started to flicker like crazy all over the scenario 'till i left, even appearing in the middle of the ground and rocks.
- Sometimes after completing the towers quest, the quest giver would not appear/be rendered making it imposible to claim the reward, even tho the survival instinct is pointing to a blank space. I know that this issue seems to have been solved under the name of "Misplaced Quest Givers", but as this disappears i figure i would post it anyways.

In almost every part of the game:
- Using the survival instinct in dark places will show some wall textures overly shiny.
- Using the survival instinct over dead enemies will show their polygonal modeling when shining.
- In most camps, rotating a weapon that collides with the rendered texture of the item upgrade background menu when selecting will cause it to flicker.

In the Red Mine Optional Tomb (i think that's what's called, where you use a mine cart tied to a rope to block water from falling and using a molotov):
- Lightning and filters seem very broken due to the gas effect.
- The mine cart that you pull with the arrow and rope will randomly stop to render, forcing a checkpoint reload or various checkpoint reloads before appearing.

Now, this is in the retail version of the game WITHOUT applying the Day One Patch/Title Update. Some of the issues may or may not have been resolved with said patch, but from what i've heard they haven't.

Thanks for your time.

Tecstar70
8th Nov 2015, 19:53
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

JackNicholson1995
10th Nov 2015, 20:51
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)
UPDATE:
"The following happened all in the same area: where you get your first side quest and are tasked with disabling the repeating towers.
- Lightning seemed broken all over the buildings, they looked almost pale white, but when returning to the area after being imprisoned it looked much better, gorgeous i would say, compared with before, showing correct lightning and shadows."
>This seems to have been fixed/improved with the first title update patch, as the lightning, pale white and missing textures plus some details over the wood improved greatly on this area, and even some missing textures and details on other parts of the game improved too, so i would like to take this particular one off the list.

Tecstar70
10th Nov 2015, 20:54
UPDATE:
"The following happened all in the same area: where you get your first side quest and are tasked with disabling the repeating towers.
- Lightning seemed broken all over the buildings, they looked almost pale white, but when returning to the area after being imprisoned it looked much better, gorgeous i would say, compared with before, showing correct lightning and shadows."
>This seems to have been fixed/improved with the first title update patch, as the lightning, pale white and missing textures plus some details over the wood improved greatly on this area, and even some missing textures and details on other parts of the game improved too, so i would like to take this particular one off the list.

Thanks for the update. Can I just clarify, do you mean that all the issues listed on your first post have been fixed by Update #1 or you just want this part of it discounted from your original post?

JackNicholson1995
10th Nov 2015, 21:01
Thanks for the update. Can I just clarify, do you mean that all the issues listed on your first post have been fixed by Update #1 or you just want this part of it discounted from your original post?

No, i just meant that specific part. Sadly, the other ones seem to persist even after the update, but if i notice some other improvement i'll let you know ASAP as i don't want to waste your time.

Tecstar70
10th Nov 2015, 21:02
No, i just meant that specific part. Sadly, the other ones seem to persist even after the update, but if i notice some other improvement i'll let you know ASAP as i don't want to waste your time.

Appreciate the clarification. Thanks again.

JackNicholson1995
11th Nov 2015, 14:35
Appreciate the clarification. Thanks again.
ANOTHER UPDATE:
"In almost every part of the game:
- Using the survival instinct in dark places will show some wall textures overly shiny."
>This particular one seems to have been completely fixed with the first title update patch too. I'm no longer able to reproduce this issue no matter where or how the lightning is applied to the scenario since the patch was applied to the game. The textures and objects are correctly darkened and no longer show shining or high brightness issues.

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 14:41
Would it be possible for you to check all the issues on your original list to confirm of they are fixed by Update #1 ?

JackNicholson1995
11th Nov 2015, 15:31
Would it be possible for you to check all the issues on your original list to confirm of they are fixed by Update #1 ?

I did. As i said before, the issues persist even after the update with the exception of the ones i'm letting you know about.
The two i mentioned were fixed with Update #1, the other ones were not.

Tecstar70
11th Nov 2015, 15:34
I did. As i said before, the issues persist even after the update with the exception of the ones i'm letting you know about.
The two i mentioned were fixed with Update #1, the other ones were not.

Thanks for the confirmation.

MeaganMarie
11th Nov 2015, 20:40
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!