PDA

View Full Version : KILLCAM -> replay

ButtCrusher
6th Nov 2015, 08:10
Current killcam is a cheat. Typical situation: I got killed and left 100hp enemy, watched his direction, choose reaver and kill him by blind throwing toxic to supply station.
When you kill somebody you shouldn't focus on thing you are followed by a spirit. You should focus on killing, defending, healing. Not sneaking from corpse.
I think replay is much better. It gives you a tactical lesson, also you be sure it was not cheater, just skill.
Show last seconds of life from gamagers view and few seconds corpse for watch execution. Maybe in slowmo. It still contain spoilers, but that spoilers safier and outdated.

Ygdrasel
6th Nov 2015, 08:30
...So what's the problem? You chose to follow him. And predictive maneuvers like that are tactical, are they not?

kLauE187
6th Nov 2015, 12:13
Definetely agree, there's no point in having this feature. Should be replaced with playerview from your teammates.

ButtCrusher
6th Nov 2015, 20:44
Definetely agree, there's no point in having this feature. Should be replaced with playerview from your teammates.
Good idea too. But execution. Time to watch skins close. It should present.

kLauE187
6th Nov 2015, 21:05
Good idea too. But execution. Time to watch skins close. It should present.

Or something like a bloody/shrieked vision from your body until you get eaten. Would make it atleast somewhat unique. But would give away too much information for competitive play aka push or not to deny bodies.

ButtCrusher
8th Nov 2015, 18:35
Or something like a bloody/shrieked vision from your body until you get eaten. Would make it atleast somewhat unique. But would give away too much information for competitive play aka push or not to deny bodies.
Yeah i thinked about it too. Also add ability to crawl until respawn :)

ButtCrusher
10th Nov 2015, 06:18
...So what's the problem? You chose to follow him. And predictive maneuvers like that are tactical, are they not?

Because it illogical and boring.

How it may look:

Human case:
You got killed.
Screen turns black. 200ms
Before kill actions, last 1-2 seconds of life, watched from killers's view on 1/2 speed.
Camera following you face side, last 300ms of life, kill moment, 1/2 speed.
Camera fall down with body. Body and floor in FOV.
If body get dragged, camera following body. Its like normal view but camera turned down to body.
Cinematografic execution. Like MK Fatalities.

Vimpire case:
Exatcly the same, but less corpse view.
There nothing to watch after death, so show more damage happened before death. Show last damagers views hitting you. Sometimes camera can watch axe / grenade, or ability. Cinematografic view damage by abilities?

Da_Wolv
10th Nov 2015, 08:47

+1
I like the replay version, too, but this sounds awesome :D