PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix - November 5th, 2015

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 15:04
Denizens of Nosgoth,
Today we release a hotfix targeted at, amongst other things, improving the state of League play.

Joining a Party – Seeing the Lobby
You are no longer presented with the lobby when joining a friend in the League queue. This has been done

Forfeit System
We have made improvements to the forfeit system so that it should trigger more reliably in League matches if someone fails to load in at the start of the game. Equally, it should punish those who leave during loading far more reliably.

XP No Longer Kills performance
Performance issues experienced by some players when killing enemies and receiving XP no longer occur.

Kill Screen Menu
Pressing Enter when being told who killed you no longer causes your menu to disappear

Ysanoire
5th Nov 2015, 15:11
XP No Longer Kills performance
Performance issues experienced by some players when killing players and receiving XP no longer occur.

Omg, I am so happy. Hope it really works and I can stop exploding from frustration. Thanks.

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 15:53
Omg, I am so happy. Hope it really works and I can stop exploding from frustration. Thanks.

Glad to hear it :). The fix has worked in testing for us, it would be great to hear if it's improved things for you too.

RainaAudron
5th Nov 2015, 16:25
Thanks for addressing our issues! Will test it soon to see if it runs fine now :)

Guardian1uk
5th Nov 2015, 16:32
be nice if I can finaly go back to decent graphics and not potato graphics I'm currently on using Eq's nosgoth FPS

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 16:49
It should be noted that the performance fix mentioned is for a VERY specific issue that caused micro-stutters/hitches in combat. We haven't implemented general performance improvements across all maps/the game.

SvPaass
5th Nov 2015, 16:50
The game now crashes after loading the leagues data. So after a league game or after clicking the league tab the game shuts down
Nosgoth.exe has stopped working
You can still play leagues through play and directly clicking league, but the game will crash after the match because it loads the data after.

I guess this hotfix needs a hotfix.

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 16:55
The game now crashes after loading the leagues data. So after a league game or after clicking the league tab the game shuts down
You can still play leagues through play and directly clicking league, but the game will crash after the match because it loads the data after.

That issue wasn't caused by the hotfix unfortunately. We're working on a fix for that particular problem, at the moment. In the meantime, once you rank-up, you won't crash during League matches anymore. Committed players out there will be able to power through if they put their minds to it.

But yes, we're working on a fix.

Ysanoire
5th Nov 2015, 17:16
Played one or two games and the mini freezes indeed seem to be gone! Many relief, much appreciation.

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 17:35
Played one or two games and the mini freezes indeed seem to be gone! Many relief, much appreciation.

Woohoo, thanks for confirming :)!

Guardian1uk
5th Nov 2015, 23:28

This issue was there before the hotfix and one thats come up before, likely devs will fix it soon enough.
Point in fact I had it for some of the other day but then it just seemed to clear itself.

Guardian1uk
5th Nov 2015, 23:29
Oghamsmith please tell the devs THANK YOU from me, I've been putting up with this issue for months since about 6-7 patches ago and it's been getting me killed a LOT (more than normal :P) and now it's gone :D game is finaly back to where it should be for me, now have to decide if I want to revert back to default or keep EQ's nosgoth FPS on :)

Burial_Ground
6th Nov 2015, 00:12
Thanks for fixing the freeze problem. Finally i can play properly again.
This was the first night without any freeze since september.
I spent so many hours on finding a solution for this, i tweaked, overclocked, switched drives, checked routers, gpu drivers, and every possible video setting. So im very happy now!
I really would like to know more about the technical background of this issue.

Distort

Oghamsmith
6th Nov 2015, 14:53
Thanks again for the feedback everyone, it's great to get confirmation that the update seems to have improved the game for quite a few of you :).

The issue came about as a result of irregularities in the way the UI was working. Thanks to the feedback from the community, we were able to identify the UI as the likely culprit, and begin investigating that specifically as a result.

Da_Wolv
6th Nov 2015, 16:13
New Bug: "There was a version mismatch with the host"
Occurs upon connecting to certain servers in ranked (and maybe regular TDM)
had it 3x already, seems server specific, as it does not occur while in queue, but cancles the search.
Requeueing is possible.

Oghamsmith
6th Nov 2015, 16:34
Thanks for the report. Did you get to the point where you could see a server number by any chance? I expect not. Looking into this now.

kLauE187
6th Nov 2015, 16:41
Thanks for the report. Did you get to the point where you could see a server number by any chance? I expect not. Looking into this now.

This bug occurs when you're about to get put into the "hidden lobby", but gets cancelled with this message.

xeno2k
7th Nov 2015, 14:05
Yes i've had this mismatch error a few times yesterday. Changing partyleader helped (sometimes) .. mostly not. We tried restarting the game/steam/verifying game cache, but that didn't work. It's a random message that occurs. We both checked our Nosgoth version when we started up Nosgoth and it's the same version (so it seems to be up-to-date)

Da_Wolv
7th Nov 2015, 16:01
I think it is server dependent (makes sense with the language of the error message.)
Its also not reproduceable, since it occurs seemingly at random.
Even if the Lobbies were not hidden, you can't tell which Servers.
Had it in regular TDM, too, but it happens before the UI shows you what server you're on

SonixSquad
8th Nov 2015, 15:33
I'm also getting version mismatch now on a regular basis.
If it helps at all, it only started happening after I bought some skins from the store. May only be a coincidence, but I never had that message before.