PDA

View Full Version : Switch doesn't trigger camera

El Diablo
29th Jun 2002, 20:14
I have a shootable switch (SWITCH_TYPE8, the hanging ball from the Library WAD) in a small "shooting range" room. It can only be activated using the lasersight and the revolver. It antitriggers some spikes (with a normal trigger, they have all 1,2,3,4,5 buttons pressed in their OCB's). It should also trigger a flyby camera sequence, but it doesn't. It triggers the spikes but not the flyby cam. What am I doing wrong? Can't I trigger flybys when I have the lasersight on? :confused:

Please help.

Thanks in advance. :)

El Diablo
30th Jun 2002, 06:49
BUMP (Please help! :()

El Diablo
30th Jun 2002, 12:11
...I guess I'll have to place the camera trigger elsewhere...

Mulf
30th Jun 2002, 13:04
If you have boulders in your level, check whether some of them come to rest on a trigger square (any trigger square). If yes, either move the trigger elsewhere or see to it that the boulder stops on a different square, because this is known to cause camera bugs.

El Diablo
30th Jun 2002, 13:06
...but the switch is activated before any boulder is triggered.

Mulf
30th Jun 2002, 14:10
Alright then, there are of course a number of possible causes of this error in your setup. Firstly, lasersight + flyby wouldn't seem to be a good combination (it does work, but you may have to reload when the flyby is over to regain the normal camera perspective); secondly, flyby + heavytrigger should be avoided (I once got into flyby mode on reloading a savegame after a heavytriggered flyby); thirdly, SWITCH_TYPE8 (a shootable switch) in combination with a flyby used to cause my first level to crash to desktop.

Try the following. Delete the flyby trigger. Have the flyby triggered by a standard trigger and mark it as a TRIGGER_TRIGGERER square, then place a TRIGGER_TRIGGERER on that square. Have the TT activated by the shootable switch.

Of course, the setup described above is feasible only in case there is a specific square from which Lara has to shoot that switch (unless you want to create a larger trigger zone, each square with a TT on it). However, if it works, you at least know the probable cause of the bug and can consider a different setup.