PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One & 360] Bath House Challenge Tomb Crank Nonfunctional [Under Investigation]

MeaganMarie
5th Nov 2015, 05:00
Known Issue: Rarely, the crank on the raft in the Bath House challenge tomb will be nonfunctional after solving half the tomb and returning in post-game.

Prevention: Complete the tomb before exiting to be on the safe side. Issue has many steps to reproduce and has a simple workaround.

Workaround: Reload the checkpoint.

SamClemensRIGL
16th Nov 2015, 05:30
Hello! Just completed the main campaign on 360 (physical copy) and was polishing up some challenge tombs I overlooked, when I became thoroughly stuck on this particular one, only to discover the reason after reading a guide: there's no boat, let alone a crank, whatsoever. Not only is this bug plaguing me, but I'm also sans a messenger crow in the Misguided Intellegence side mission. So far, I haven't seen anyone else dealing with the first issue, but the second seems fairly common. I don't know if any prevention or workaround exists as neither reloading nor fast travel seem to help in either situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MeaganMarie
17th Nov 2015, 01:38
Hello! Just completed the main campaign on 360 (physical copy) and was polishing up some challenge tombs I overlooked, when I became thoroughly stuck on this particular one, only to discover the reason after reading a guide: there's no boat, let alone a crank, whatsoever. Not only is this bug plaguing me, but I'm also sans a messenger crow in the Misguided Intellegence side mission. So far, I haven't seen anyone else dealing with the first issue, but the second seems fairly common. I don't know if any prevention or workaround exists as neither reloading nor fast travel seem to help in either situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue - have you downloaded the day one patch yet?

SamClemensRIGL
17th Nov 2015, 03:23
Yes. Just yesterday before posting this, actually.

MeaganMarie
18th Nov 2015, 02:52
Yes. Just yesterday before posting this, actually.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. We're looking into this!

jstuart830
27th Nov 2015, 05:45
Okay, thanks for the confirmation. We're looking into this!

I have also ran into an issue where i jumped into the crank room first and can not get out now. I've tried swimming under the door but Laura won't go down far enough to get out. And with the water still in the room the drain and crank are useless I'm at 48 percent on the game and as of now it's broken and unplayable.

Tecstar70
27th Nov 2015, 08:25
I have also ran into an issue where i jumped into the crank room first and can not get out now. I've tried swimming under the door but Laura won't go down far enough to get out. And with the water still in the room the drain and crank are useless I'm at 48 percent on the game and as of now it's broken and unplayable.

Who? Laura??? (just being pedantic. :friends: )

jstuart830
27th Nov 2015, 15:34
Who? Laura??? (just being pedantic. :friends: )

Yea I finally got through it it took 2 hours and many reload from checkpoints but the crank finally allowed me to turn it.

Tecstar70
27th Nov 2015, 15:43
Yea I finally got through it it took 2 hours and many reload from checkpoints but the crank finally allowed me to turn it.

Good news. Make sure you switch save slots periodically just in case you hit another issue later on.

R1K187
3rd Mar 2016, 23:56
[QUOTE=MeaganMarie;2182756]Known Issue: Rarely, the crank on the raft in the Bath House challenge tomb will be nonfunctional after solving half the tomb and returning in post-game.

Prevention: Complete the tomb before exiting to be on the safe side. Issue has many steps to reproduce and has a simple workaround.

Workaround: Reload the checkpoint.[/Q

I think I did, but the bug is still here when I try to reload the last checkpoint...any suggest? I'm about 90% I prefer to kill myself that replay all :O (joking)

Scott_bh
16th Mar 2016, 05:13
I am having the same nonfunctional crank on the PC version. I am 97% of the way thru the game but I don't want to do the end sequence until everything else is 100% complete because I figure I won't be able to go back later. Can't finish the game or start Baba Yaga until this is fixed.

jdscott21
16th Mar 2016, 05:25
I'm on PC and having the same issue. Also having issues with the ledge leading to the lever only allowing me to climb it part of the time. fast travel seems to solve it temporarily. Reloading the checkpoint, and fast travel don't solve the crank issue for me

TheRancidDog
16th Mar 2016, 05:26
I am having the same nonfunctional crank on the PC version. I am 97% of the way thru the game but I don't want to do the end sequence until everything else is 100% complete because I figure I won't be able to go back later. Can't finish the game or start Baba Yaga until this is fixed.

Yes you can go back. The game has an endless play mode. You will be able to resume your game and finish the tombs, collect any missed relics etc. after you complete the story. When you come up to the last Base Camp and it says "Point of No Return", it only means there are no more Base Camps beyond that point.