PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that brought a tear to my eye...

Lil Lara
29th Jun 2002, 20:13
I just today finished TR:LR for the first time. Wow! That's all I have to say. I knew what was coming, but when I saw poor Lara fall back into the tomb and closed in there, it really pulled on my heart strings. Hahaha, enough of that mushy love crap... hmm.. I wonder what happened to here while she was in there? Shall we speculate??

Lil Lara
29th Jun 2002, 20:51
Hmmm.. no one ever replys to me.. sigh.. well anyways.. isn't Set still alive? 'Cause Lara never killed him. Hmm, I wonder if they ever had a confrontation of some sort whilst she was trapped?:rolleyes:

DKSM
29th Jun 2002, 20:55
I think she found a long lost Mc Donalds and that scary clown dude showed her the way out. :p

Raider Sunrise
29th Jun 2002, 20:58
Ok, here i go... I didn't post before cause I had no idea what happened. I didn't mean to ignore you :) I don't think they had a confronatation cause Seth is already trapped. What I really wonder about is how she managed to get out. It's as if this part of the adventure is a secret, I wonder why Core doesn't explain it.

Lil Lara
29th Jun 2002, 21:12
Very true, no problem. I bet that all will be explained at the beginning of AOD, I hope. And if they don't, I will be really let down. Well, at the end of the game you just kinda leave the guy roaming around at the bottom of the tomb while Lara escapes, or tries to, so I was just wondering...

thanhkim
30th Jun 2002, 00:15
Yes I hated the end of that level, I didn't want to see Lara like that

Prelude
30th Jun 2002, 01:37
I just remember shouting at the TV, "NO THAT CAN'T BE THE END, YOU BA......." I kept waiting for another bit to come up at the end of the credits, saying just kidding and then Lara poping up and shooting a shotgun at the screen, but no it didn't come......3 days I sat there hoping and waiting.......Anyway I’m ok now, and the doctors at the home were really nice to me :p

whitemetal
30th Jun 2002, 12:11
It's probable the professional scripwriter employed by Core will create the link between TRLR & AOD & all the following series don't you think?

THE True Lara
30th Jun 2002, 19:19
What really happened was after she was 'trapped' in the tomb and all the tourists started standing outside, she secretly swapped places with David Blane who's been sat inside the tomb ever since, whilst she's out having her nail's done :D
This way everyine thinks she's in there, but she can actually just pop in and serve shifts when needs be.
And that's how the trick was done kiddies..............

Collin
30th Jun 2002, 20:23
Originally posted by Prelude:
3 days I sat there hoping and waiting.......Anyway I’m ok now, and the doctors at the home were really nice to me

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rotfl.gif

Aww you poor thing. I'm glad you're OK now. Do you need another blanket, a cookie, some nice hot tea to keep you warm? Don't worry the big bad Core men are all gone!

Nice one Prelude! :D

Prelude
1st Jul 2002, 01:27
Cookie? did you say cookie, oo yes please :p

Collin
1st Jul 2002, 01:48
Here you go my dear:
http://www.hopescookies.com/flavors/images/frm-mm-delight_png.jpg

Hope you like it. I choose it especially for you! ;)

But to stay on topic: I really have no idea. I won't even speculate, I just hope it's not too Hollywoody.

Prelude
1st Jul 2002, 03:15
WOW :eek: A giant sized cookie with M&M's in it all for me, thanks very much Wixer. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif *Takes cookie and starts munching away on it* Anyway on topic, mm, the voices in my head say that nothing bad happened to Lara and she, mm munch munch, found some friendly, munch, natives down there, munch and they sat around all day, munch, munch, making wood carvings, munch. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/icon16.gif

Oo time for my medication.

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 03:31
When i saw that last FMV, i shouted out "Lara grab the stupid guy's hand.... either you die by the crushing of the pyramid, or you'll die by what you think is a still possesed Von Croy."
Then i looked around to make sure no one heard me say that. :o

Kurtis Trent
1st Jul 2002, 16:28
you guys just had to tell me that didnt ya? im about 3/4 done with last rev, and now i know the ending. oh well:p

Collin
1st Jul 2002, 17:44
Originally posted by Lara Croft Tomb Raider:
you guys just had to tell me that didnt ya? im about 3/4 done with last rev, and now i know the ending. oh well
Aren't you the same one who was pleading us to tell you what happens at the end of TRLR in the old forum!? There you said you knew that Lara 'dies' at the end, but you didn't know what really happened.

So put a sock in it, and keep playing! :D :p

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 18:56
the last fmv was said to be very exciting.

but...

I was expecting to see Lara run like hell, as it collaspes and Von Croy at the doorway. She would run, until a chuck of the floor breaks off forming a cliff. She dangle with her arms reaching towards Von Croy. But a gust of wind blows Von Croy off his feet and the temple collaspes. Von Croy picks himself up, turns around, takes off his hat, and bows. (the dialogue would be the same.)

Kurtis Trent
2nd Jul 2002, 01:04
Originally posted by Wixer

Aren't you the same one who was pleading us to tell you what happens at the end of TRLR in the old forum!? There you said you knew that Lara 'dies' at the end, but you didn't know what really happened.

So put a sock in it, and keep playing! :D :p

that was me. he he:D

coyotekid
2nd Jul 2002, 01:45
Hopefully, Code wil give us at least 30 seconds FMV explain how did she get out ( in AOD), i mean, PLEASE, at least I don't wanna wait for the next sequel(s)
At that time, I thought she's gonna get out, I thought if I collect all 70 secrects, she would, but she wouldn't,
I repeat the games all over and over again, sadly see Lara bravely stays inside (I wouldn't take Von Croy offers either), she traps, she never dies.....

j.d.r.v
2nd Jul 2002, 15:27
does anyone know any good sites to get the final fmv movie ,i was only able to buy a used game with a BAD BAD bug where i cant finsh the game :( comfort me wahhhhhhhh

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 02:23
Originally posted by coyotekid
Hopefully, Code wil give us at least 30 seconds FMV explain how did she get out ( in AOD), i mean, PLEASE, at least I don't wanna wait for the next sequel(s)
At that time, I thought she's gonna get out, I thought if I collect all 70 secrects, she would, but she wouldn't,
I repeat the games all over and over again, sadly see Lara bravely stays inside (I wouldn't take Von Croy offers either), she traps, she never dies.....

LOL!

thanhkim
4th Jul 2002, 11:03
I was like jumping up and down saying come on Lara grab his hand come on grab his hand but she didn't how sad. then I got really angry at Core and cracked it what a dumb ending how could they blah blah

V_Croft
4th Jul 2002, 19:35
I read somewhere that Lara had some bad moments after TRLR (I think it had to do with African tribes-but I'm not sure) and thus she became darker and less tolerant. And I don't think this will be revealed completely before the end of AOD or even before the second or even third TR Next Generation game. I don't think core will reveal it at the beggining of AOD-I'm almost sure about it.
But let's hope...

Oh, here it is...
"Recent events have cast a shadow over Lara's life. Radically
changed after her near-death experience in Egypt, Lara has
become harder, darker and less tolerant. Whatever happened
there has left its mark and she has withdrawn from contact
with anyone from her previous life. No one can get through.
She refuses to confirm or deny rumors about time spent
among obscure North African tribes, but whatever happened
after Egypt has caused her to become almost a recluse since
her return. The dark memories that haunt her remain locked
inside. And no one risks getting close enough to ask."
-Taken from tombraider.com

P.S. I guess I was wrong about the African tribes. :p

Lil Lara
4th Jul 2002, 19:47
I am dying to know what happened to our poor Lara! Oh well, you are right, V, they probably wont let us know what fullyy happened 'til the 2nd or 3rd game after AOD. I wish they would tell us, but the suspense is a good way for them to go, having people keep coming back for the next games, wanting to see what happens... African tribes?? Odd.