PDA

View Full Version : FF10 too easy!?

Sick Puppy
29th Jun 2002, 19:04
Who here whos played FFX thinks its way too easy? I've beaten every possible enemy including the dark aeons without much of a challenge. I rekon the FFs are gettin easier every game? I don't know exactly how the next one works, but hopefully it will be challenging.

N00dles
30th Jun 2002, 02:09
Yeah it almost seems to be that FF gets easier each new game. Although FFVIII was a challenge sometimes.

The hardest FF would have to be the very first one. That one was very tough...

SirCanealot
30th Jun 2002, 10:42
Well I've heard its to easy if you level up madly (someone playing US version) then I've also heard that its quite challaneging even if you do level up quite a bit (someone playing UK version). And both manz is experienced FFers to. So maybe they made it harder for the UK release! (yay).

But YES FFs have been getting easyer with every game. Go back and try and play FFIV some of you 0_o!

MountainDewNut
30th Jun 2002, 13:35
It's very easy! i'm not too far though (i got up to the lightning valley/field).
My only problem was the boss with two heads and two regenerating arms. I tried him once and died. So then i leveled up ifrit (very easy cause of the fire enemies in the area). Next time i tried him, it took me only 10 min to beat him.

Sick Puppy
30th Jun 2002, 19:41
The European version was a lot harder than the US version. e.g Omega weapon in the US had 99,999hp? (i saw this somewhere, probably unreliable ;)) and in the Eurpean one it has 999,999hp. For those that have done it or played quite a lot of it....don't you think its the most boring one? It's good don't get me wrong but theres like an hour gap between each line of dialogue! (ok slight exaggeration...)

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 15:20
I miss going to the outer world and travling, instead of a direct path to your destination.

True
1st Jul 2002, 20:42
Yeah I loved flying around doing absolutely nothing!! Now I've been deprived :(

------------------------
(was Sick Puppy)

SirCanealot
2nd Jul 2002, 10:50
Yea... flying around just to hear the air-ship music in any given FF game was great :(

N00dles
2nd Jul 2002, 18:56
Sounds like FFX is a disappointment for some...

What the heck, I probably never get to play it anyway :(

Arkron
2nd Jul 2002, 21:46
Perhaps when a PS2's cost is reduced to something affordable and I have to much money to spend.. hey, it never hurts to dream ;)

SirCanealot
2nd Jul 2002, 23:12
I will probebly borrow FFX off my freind tomorow. But then I gotta aranage a borrowing scedual to nick the Psx off my brother :(

I need a job....

Dell
3rd Jul 2002, 08:07
At the moment I am playing the Third and last World of FFV...yes, FFV! And believe me it is the hardest game for sheer complexity of the various jobs your group of four characters must master in order to combat all the dungeon bosses!

They range from Knight to Geomancer, from Chemist to Dancer, from Summoner to Bard, from Ninja to Lancer, from Blue Mage to Red Mage to White Mage to Black Mage to Time Mage...not to mention Hunter, Thief, Berserker, Bare hander, Sorcerer, Monk . . .

Shall I go on? No? Good because I can't remember them all.

While your characters can level up strength-wise as normal, the abilities you must learn in the above list only comes in one or two ability points at a time as you fight...just try to make a Master Monk requiring 450 ability points on top of making various increasing numbers for each level up toward Master.

Oh, I did it and have Master's in various categories for various of my four characters, shall we say it is time-comsuming and boring to continually fight for points?

And why do it? Because without a certain expertise in a certain category, this or that boss cannot be defeated!

N00dles
3rd Jul 2002, 08:14
A Bare hander doesnt exist in FFV :) That would have to be the monk then.

And I beat the game with each character having one class mastered. So, there isn't that much levelupping needed to complete the game :)

SirCanealot
3rd Jul 2002, 11:13
Nah, nah, nah. The last time I went though the game, yes I had a lot of classes mastered, and 2/4 of my people were strong Mimics but you dont *need* to have loads of classes mastered. Hell classes like Chemist and Dancers and stuff are just gimmick classes. All you need is 2 people (Galuf and Butz) learning the warriour classes and 2 people (Lenna and Farris) learning the mage classes though out the game. Saying you need certain class abilitys to defeat a certain boss is just wrong. Dell the real reason your leveling up all your guys is so you can look at the Job screen and marvel at the all the stars over there heads :D
But bah as long as you have a Ninja with X-Atack end boss=EASY heh.

I never did defeat Omega though... maybe I'll play that game again soon...

Moggraider
3rd Jul 2002, 16:38
You do that.

N00dles
5th Jul 2002, 06:17
I'm think 'm going to start FF2 (NES) now...The worst FF-game besides Mystic Quest...can you imagine my boredom? :o

SirCanealot
5th Jul 2002, 11:36
I have FFX YES!

Its good but not as good as FFVII I think...

And the difficulty it quite challangeing. Gotta remember I'm at FF vet before I say its easy I guess.

I DONT like a lot of the music though. Much of it is emotionless to me. Some of it is good though.

Chilled Unit
6th Jul 2002, 17:17
FFX is a very good game.. I place it highly in my list of faves.. probably top.. I really need to do FFVII again to compare.

The story in X is good; th levelling system is great; the fighting system is great and I liked the music.. a lot, especially in the temples :)

I didn't think it was overly easy.. just about right.

SirCanealot
10th Jul 2002, 12:00
FFX IS HARD! I just went and tried to defeat one of the Dark Aeons and it killed every one instantly. Doh. Guess I should level up a bit... I'm just going though the final boss bit now though quite near the end. Oh well.

Abyss Darkness
10th Jul 2002, 16:15
Heh, there's probabley no need.
The final boss is quite easy, although it is very strange.

FFIV was the hardest FF that I have seriously played. I got to the end of the game and was getting killed by some annoying random enemies on the map even though I had leveled up loads.

FFV was not too difficult, although if you want to have decent characters, you had to level up a lot.

FFVI was quite easy, unless you were on a low level. It was still quite challenging if you weren't on too high a level.

FFVII was very easy.

FFVIII was harder than VII probably, but still easy.

I think they tried to make FFIX harder than VII or VIII, but it really wasnt very hard.

I found FFX to be a good difficulty. Easy if you level up a bit, hard if you don't. but damn that Dark Bahamut with his 9999 dammage per attack. I really have to play through it again and do the sub quests.

N00dles
10th Jul 2002, 18:23
The hardest FF is most definitely FF1. Even using save-states it was like hell.

Sick Puppy
11th Jul 2002, 21:59
Just use Yojimbo to kill dark bahamut and all the others.
Its way to easy, especially if you have anima and the magus sisters. BUt its easy without them anyway.