PDA

View Full Version : Hi there? is this the new place to hang out?

RiCh
29th Jun 2002, 17:44
Hello everybody? I dunno, I have a break from Thief, come back and find this place? So I take it the old forums are to be closed? How long as this place been here? And I guess this is the new place for Thief gossip? Forgive is these are old questions? It’s all abit of a shock to find this place…but I like :) So this place is called the “The Crippled Burrick Inn” eh? Hhhmmm that sounds like a good name for an FM!

Peter_Smith
29th Jun 2002, 17:49
Hi RiCh. Good to see you here, too. This place has been in official existence for a little over one day. It has been in test mode for about a month. People are still getting their feet wet. As stated in the original Eidos forum in the news at the top of the page, the original forum will be shut down on 8 July 2002.

I am looking forward to your version of "The Crippled Burrick." Have you started working on it yet?:)

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 17:56
Hi Rich, nice to see you again:)

RiCh
29th Jun 2002, 17:58
Hi there Peter! One day eh? Talk about great timing I’ve just re-installed Thief today :) I miss the old taffer ;) you know what I mean…so what’s happing about all the old stuff from the last forum will it be transferred over here? E.g. the photo album etc?

As for the Cripped Burrick Inn FM I’d be more than happy to do a Thief 3 version of it :) but I may go back to my old FM for T2 soon I just can’t help messing with Drom ED!!
:D

RiCh
29th Jun 2002, 18:02
Thorin!! the forums only one day old and you already have 76 post!!! WOW that's some going m8 :D nice 2 see you too! is you FM complete yet? I want to start playing Thief again!

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 18:10
I'm about 98% finished. Just gotta make some objectives, add a few more secrets and stash some loot the Thorin way and I should be ready for beta testing. I'll send you an email when it's ready if you like Rich ;)

Peter_Smith
29th Jun 2002, 18:14
RiCh,

Grey Mouser is working on transferring things over, especially key archives and reference material. It is a little confused now, but hopefully it will be organized soon.

I am very glad to hear that you are planning to resume work on your T2 FM.:D Let me know when you are ready for me to exercise it.

BrokenArts
29th Jun 2002, 18:18
Hey RiCh! :)

RiCh
29th Jun 2002, 18:18
If you need an extra beta tester let me know, I’d be more than happy to help you out! If not, send me that email :) I’ve been playing too many games lately that just don’t “do it” for me like Thief did…and still does!

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 18:22
OK thanks Rich. I'll give you a shout then. You can be my fourth beta tester. That should be enough;)

Squid
29th Jun 2002, 20:27
Thorin, I'd like to volunteer to be a fifth betatester, if you don't mind. Also, I, for one, recognize where you got your signature post! (I happen to have that comic collection myself.)

Squid

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 23:44
I'll bear you in mind Squid. BTW my Thorin pic is out of The Hobbit Illustrated version.

http://www26.brinkster.com/mseyre/thorin.txt

Darkh2o
30th Jun 2002, 00:13
Hey RiCh! Glad you found the new place.:) Kinda homey isn't it?

Common
30th Jun 2002, 00:27
Just as I was about to pass 200 posts on the board, they go and make a new one!

Squid
30th Jun 2002, 09:38
Thorin, I believe you, but that pic definitely looks like the comic collection someone once did of the Hobbit... I mean, even down to the shading and style of coloring/inking. (I collect stuff on LotR and The Hobbit occasionally.) The comic book I speak of is now a very hard to find item... I haven't seen it in years, even at comic conventions.

Squid

Thorin Oakenshield
30th Jun 2002, 10:02
Squid: I have a paperback comic version of the Hobbit, (135 pages). If you're interested in adding it to your collection (i'll haggle) you could email me.