PDA

View Full Version : Beta League Season 3.0 is Underway – $10,000 & Play with a Friend!

Oghamsmith
3rd Nov 2015, 20:08
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/655/blog/league30social.png

Those ungrateful humans think that their bows, bullets and explosives scare US? We will teach them. THEY SHALL PAY FOR THEIR INSOLENCE!

We’re pleased to announce that Beta League Season 3.0 is live! Featuring another $10,000 prize pool for Eternal players, a rather sinister skeletal shield skin for those who manage to reach Blood, profile borders; and keys. Beta League Season 3.0 carry’s Season 2.0’s momentum into a brand new season, with the same prizing structure as last month.

But Wait! It’s time to fight with a friend.
There has been much discussion amongst the community, with plenty of people wanting to be able to play with their friends during League. We’ve heard that, and while we’re not quite ready for full party matchmaking; we are testing an updated version of League matchmaking that allows you to party up with one other friend and jump into League games.

Now, this is very much a feature that still needs plenty of testing; so we want as much feedback from you as possible. Please feel free to leave it on whichever forum you frequent the most.

Join the fight!
Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 10; and agreeing to the Beta 3.0 League Terms and Conditions. With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

The Spoils of War
With plenty of money, skeletal skins and keys up for grabs; you’ll probably want to know how the quartermasters will be divvying up the plunder, right? Feast your eyes on this:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/656/blog/leagueprizes-1080x1920-beta2.png

Vital Statistics
Time to get down to brass tacks. Let’s take a look at a few key league points.

Start & End Date:

Beta League 3.0 begins is currently underwayt, and runs until the 1st of December at 3am GMT/31st of November at 11PM EST.

League Match Times:

League Matches can be played between 15:00 GMT/11AM EST and 03:00 GMT(the next day)/11PM EST every day.

Square Enix Membership Account Required:

Make sure that you’ve got your Square Enix Membership and Steam accounts linked! You’ll need to do this to be eligible for all prizes.

Age – Not for little Humans:

As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete.

Terms and Conditions:

You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE (http://www.nosgoth.com/leagues/terms), you’ll need to agree to those in-game to be eligible for the prizes.

League Structure:
Nosgoth Beta League 3.0 will run from the until the 30th of November/1st of December. During this time your goal is to climb as far up the ladder as possible. You’ll do this by playing well, coordinating with your team; and winning League matches. Should you fall short and lose the match, you will lose League Points, so tread carefully when fighting upon League battlefields.

Once all positions have been verified, in-game prizing will be distributed the following week. Those who make it to the Eternal League will receive an email from Square Enix detailing the next steps for your prize collection.

Get In-Game, And Get Slaying!
Alright everyone. That’s it for the time being. It’s time to jump in-game and start climbing that ladder!

Should you have any further questions, we’ve put together a super quick FAQ that may answer them. If you’ve still got questions after that, please feel free to pop them in the comments here (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/).

FAQ
How will monetary prizes be delivered?

PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.
We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

How do I know if my Steam and Square Enix Accounts are linked?

If they’re not linked, you’ll see a prompt to link them whenever you load the game. If you don’t see that prompt, then your accounts are linked. Hooray!

Florida, New York & Rhode Island

Unfortunately, due to a considerable amount of legal red tape in place in these states, players living in any of these regions will not be eligible to win the monetary prize portions of the prize pool. We’re investigating possible solutions to this issue for future League seasons, but this is quite a long, and potentially complex, legal process.

League Beta 2.0 Prizing

We published a blog item last week detailing what happens at the end of Beta League 2.0, and when everyone could expect their rewards. Please check out the article for full details (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/beta-league-2-0-grand-finale).

In addition to the above. I do want to note that we will be working to bring improvements to the League system during the Season. These mainly focus on tightening up the whole experience, which should make for more enjoyable League play for all.

Zarxiel93
3rd Nov 2015, 21:19
Really cool that Shield, I will do all the possible to go in Blood rank and gain it.
But I have a question. Why you are doing only Human rewards?

senjuj
4th Nov 2015, 01:12
any butthurt about esl duos? i saw streams where randoms died like a ****. what are hoping non-esl players?:D

MuShYRoOM
4th Nov 2015, 08:26
Where will the profile border be shown btw?
Only in the bottom left of the main menu or in each lobby you will join?
And what if u own an eternal border from last season and then u only reach blood in this season, will the eternal profile border be replaced by the blood profile border or can u choose between them, like with banners?

Shikei001
4th Nov 2015, 09:42
The duo queue is a nice thing..
But by bringing back this, you also brought back an old problem.. the lobby dodging..

Apparently atm the invited player is able to see the lobby, including all lobby participants..
This need a fix as soon as possible..

MuShYRoOM
4th Nov 2015, 10:09
and I was already wondering why I sometimes heard a sound like someone typed a message in the lobby chat, and why the countdown aborted sometimes before the match would start ^^

Da_Wolv
4th Nov 2015, 10:35
The duo queue is a nice thing..
But by bringing back this, you also brought back an old problem.. the lobby dodging..

...once again proving the builds are not being tested at least once towards their new functionality.
Not that it was impossible to see the players in a lobby anyways, but now partying up is even more of an advantage.

Frankly, why do we even need a lobby?
Just lock in 8 players and connect them directly into a game.
If you queue up, you don't need an extra 10s after finding a match to make up your mind.

kLauE187
4th Nov 2015, 12:17
Also an old bug is back, for some reason i got 4/7 matches, but i played only 5 yet and lost only 1? I played a few private games but never lost a single one. What causes this bug then?

Oghamsmith
5th Nov 2015, 15:45
We've only had Human rewards in League to date; that doesn't mean things will stay like that during future seasons ;).

As for Profile Borders.
We've currently got their first implementation in place. We would like to bring improvements to them in future. Right now you can see them on your League profile screen, and your final positioning in League archives. Further down the line, we would like to show them in more locations around the game :).

Thanks for raising the lobby visibility issue folks. Today's update should prevent players from being shown the lobby.

kLauE187, let us know if it's still odd now that maintenance is complete.

riccetto80
6th Nov 2015, 04:02
i really dont understand, WHY START SO FAST THE NEW RANKED?

like this there is not time to fix the issue and develop 1 or 2 patch, all what you was able to do was a hotfix patch, nothing more.

the new ranked suffer from the same issues, bugs, problems, etc etc... of the last ranked, ended 2 days before the start of this new one.

WHY?

like this we will get maybe a single patch after 2 or 3 weeks or ranked when most of match will be already plagued from the usual issues.

Oghamsmith
9th Nov 2015, 15:38
i really dont understand, WHY START SO FAST THE NEW RANKED?

like this there is not time to fix the issue and develop 1 or 2 patch, all what you was able to do was a hotfix patch, nothing more.

the new ranked suffer from the same issues, bugs, problems, etc etc... of the last ranked, ended 2 days before the start of this new one.

WHY?

like this we will get maybe a single patch after 2 or 3 weeks or ranked when most of match will be already plagued from the usual issues.

Nosgoth runs as a free to play live service, and so its development is a continuous process. We're in beta at the moment, which means we want to find as many bugs as we can, as quickly as we can; so that we can put them in the backlog and prioritize according to the urgency of the response required.

We've had 5 releases in just over the last 5 weeks, with a good percentage of the work in those updates dedicated to fixing issues, especially related to League play. We have another update in the works that will remove even more bugs from League. Running the live service highlights issues much faster than would otherwise be the case. Sometimes it highlights issues that we can ONLY find in the live environment with the entire playerbase playing the game. This is why we continue to run beta Leagues so frequently, we want to find those issues as early as possible; and get rid of them as quickly as we can.