PDA

View Full Version : What else do you play - CONTINUED

cjhilljack
29th Jun 2002, 17:25
Hi all! I asked this question on the old forum and was getting some great replies, so thought I'd pick it up here.

What other games do you like to play? And do you play them on PC, PS or????

skibsy
29th Jun 2002, 18:25
Recent games i've played on the PC are Alien Vs Predator 2, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, and my current favourite, Medal Of Honor Allied Assault.

I used to be a big player of Unreal Tournament, but i'm giving that a rest for the time being.

Just recently i bought my son a Gamecube so i've been playing Star Wars Rogue Leader and 007 Agent Under Fire.....both great games :)

THE True Lara
29th Jun 2002, 18:38
Since I already posted my list in the other forum, I'll just get straight to the point, what's the JB game like? The gameplay looks like it has the feel of the Elite Force games, but is it just a shoot-em-up, or is there a little more to it like TR?

I'll say one thing for them, the Bond face they've created is extraordinary, you can see all the Bond's so far in his face. _probably the intention, but brilliant none-the-less.

CyCro
29th Jun 2002, 19:24
Soul Reaver 2 and Jedi Outcast. ;)

LARAMANIAC
29th Jun 2002, 19:55
I am currently replaying TR1&2 on the puter!!! But I am also replaying Final Fantasy VIII on the PSone - fantastic game!!!:p I delve into Ms Pacman, Ecco the Dolphin, Centipede (the old Atari game), and Sonic every now and again on the Dreamcast!!!

wriggle
29th Jun 2002, 20:01
I love old games but now I'm only playing custom TR levels!

Games that I recomend:
- Ultima 9 (this game is really great);
- Ultima 8 (incredible hard game);
- C&C Renegade (don't like too much);
- Driver (I love this game);
- Stunts (yeahhh!!!);
- Super Bubsy (very funny);
- GTA2 (no need comments);
- Worms World Party (good to play with your friends);
- Half-Life/Opposing Force/Blue-Shift (superb games);
- Alone in the Dark 1/2/3 (one of my favorites);
- Diablo2 (it's cool);
- The Incredible Machine (this is a mind burn game).

That's it!!!

dago
29th Jun 2002, 20:05
black and white...
i need a new pc...then i will play BO2 and SR2 as well as all the shoot em ups!

Rook
30th Jun 2002, 01:33
Mine are all PS/PS2 games. I like the Legacy of Kain series, Vagrant Story, Devil May Cry, and any other games of that general style (except for "wait your turn" RPGs--UGH!).

Mallinger
30th Jun 2002, 02:23
Mine are also all ps/ps2 games. My favorite series would have to be the LOK series just for the story line alone. I also have Broken Helix and Spider-Man mainly because of the fact that Bruce Campel does some voices in them. He is pretty funny so I don't think I'll be getting rid of them any time soon. :cool:

Lara_Maniac_Grl
30th Jun 2002, 02:34
Grim Fandango & No One Lives Forever are the two games I play whenever I don't Play TR. They're really kool :cool:

...but not as kool as playing TR. :p

The Gamester
30th Jun 2002, 03:13
[COLOR=coral]:( :o :p I'd played Deu Ex and Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on the PC. I hadn't tried Thief as yet. :rolleyes: :cool:

whitemetal
30th Jun 2002, 12:39
Currently on TRLR, FF8, F1 2001 and loving it:)

infinite_sadness
30th Jun 2002, 17:35
I've just taken up El Diablo!!!! :)
Maybe I'll try Halflife one day!!

The Gamester
30th Jun 2002, 20:23
:o I also have played all the Star Wars and Star Trek PC games. Had you tried the latest from Microsoft - Dungeon Siege? I think it's fantastic. Maybe its elements can be incorporated into the next Tomb Raider game. What do you think? :o

dago
30th Jun 2002, 21:47
isn't DS an rpg? how can you put that in TR...plz explain what elements you want in TR...

Jorge22
30th Jun 2002, 23:01
Well, I wouldn't like it a lot to see many RPG elements added to TR. Hopefully its creators will be wise enough to know they shouldn't insist too much on it. I always find them mainly boring, RPG games you know...
Anyway, other games I love: Alice, Max Payne... Return to Castle Wolfenstein is cool. Deus Ex is good too in spite of all the blah-blah-blah there is sometimes.
I've also played Black & White (I'm in the middle of it and saving it for some time later), Dino Crisis (got tired of being unable to fight the dinos for lack of ammo, but it's cool and creepy), Alone in the Dark, amongst others.

TRaiderlover
1st Jul 2002, 03:12
Man.....I love playing Devil May Cry can't wait for DMC2. I just love my FFX game...those graphics are an killer and the story is excellent and emotional!:( GTA3....wooooooooo too sweet! Well, unafortuantely I have the games, but I play them over my best friends house:mad: but I'm getting my ps2 this week...yay!:D :D I just can't wait:eek: :eek: :D :D

dgx2001
1st Jul 2002, 03:23
i play alot of other games, such as ultima, C&C series, and blizzard games (too many more to mention here:D )

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 03:58
Final Fantasy series (PSX and PS2)
Super Smash Bro. Melee (GCN)

I play a ton more, but these are the ones i play the most.

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 17:07
Does anyone else here play Crash Bandicoot games on PS? When I am not playing TR, if I am playing anything at all, it is usually Crash Bandicoot games.

wriggle
1st Jul 2002, 20:11
Star War Racer is another must have game for racing fans!!

rimfire
2nd Jul 2002, 10:22
With summer here, I'm not gaming much at all. You could say I'm playing "COTW," but it's kind of on hold until some spare time shows up.

"Alice," is on my "to play" list. I got it when it first came out, but I couldn't get it to run under Windows. I got it to run finally, a few months ago, with the Wine-X Windows emulator for Linux (of all things!). I've also got the Linux version of Quake-3, but both were too slow to play on the old computer so I upgraded my hardware. Now that I've got it up and running, I don't have the time to play! You just can't win sometimes.

Oh, and of course, "The Sims." I'm playing both the Linux and Windows versions. It's one of the games I'll play forever, whenever the mood strikes to play God.

I expect AOD will be out when the time situation improves. I just hope it will run under Windows 98 or Wine-X, because I've had it with Microsoft and their EULA.

Lord Croft
2nd Jul 2002, 13:06
Drakan2
Turok2
Carmageddon2
Midtown Madness
NFS5
Soldier of Fortune
Project IGI...
...and last but not least TIM2

Carolyn
2nd Jul 2002, 15:05
TR - various user made levels. (on hold due to mysterious bug)
The Sims - with some of the expansion packs
Spider Solitaire - on my daughter's new computer
Not much else. I'm waiting to be inspired by TR-AOD!

Carolyn

*m*
2nd Jul 2002, 15:31
I play most of my games on Dreamcast. Games like Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, Ecco the Dolphin, 102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue.

On PC I like to play the Myst games.

j.d.r.v
2nd Jul 2002, 15:56
im currently hooked on final fantasy x ,lol im so hooked i have to yell out FFX everynow and then to get my fix lol:p

cjhilljack
2nd Jul 2002, 16:18
What is Alice - it has been mentioned a couple of times, but I have no idea what game that is?

Gill Rene
2nd Jul 2002, 16:57
red alert, the sims, dungeon keeper and anne mccaffrey's freedom first resistance :p

Jorge22
3rd Jul 2002, 12:00
Alice isa game, designed by American McGee, whose main character is Alice herself, as in Alice in Wonderland. Only this time Wonderland is upside downand our girl will have to goand save it from utter destruction. Mainly, it is a 3rd person shooter with very imaginative weapons (toys, they are called) and amazing sceneries. Despite being a little linear, it'll get you hooked easily.

eTux
3rd Jul 2002, 12:14
Not very much:
Diablo2: Lord of Destruction
Jedi Outcast (still learning)
TR - Fan made levels (I wonder why so many TR fans haven't even heard of them, some even beat the quality of Core's levels!)

I'd also like to try other Eidos & Core's games, since the only ones beside TR's I've tried are "Fighting Force", "Commandos 1 & 2" and I didn't like them too much (I don't like games which are 'druing a war' anyway)

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 21:56
Syphon Filter and Rainbow 6

rimfire
4th Jul 2002, 02:02
anne mccaffrey's freedom first resistance
I hadn't heard of this before. What's is like? Sounds like it's based on "Freedom's Landing," but that's one of the few I haven't read.

TombRaiderChik
4th Jul 2002, 03:36
hmmm other than tomb raider i play quake 3 arena, return to castle wolfenstein and max payne

Vivi Ornitier
4th Jul 2002, 10:12
- The Final Fantasy Series (U.S FFIII/JAP FFVI at the mo; (I
need a PS2 so I can play FFX...which I am so desperate to play :())

- Other RPG's (Fallout 2 and Deus Ex at the mo)

- Strategies, TS, TS-F, Total Annihilation etc

Oh, and, of course, the Tomb Raider series and LE

Vivi

cjhilljack
5th Jul 2002, 22:53
Originally posted by rimfire

I hadn't heard of this before. What's is like? Sounds like it's based on "Freedom's Landing," but that's one of the few I haven't read.

Yes, what IS this? I have read several of McCaffrey's "Dragon Rider of Pern" books and love them...Please fill us in about this game!

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 17:48
here are the games I love:

*Playstation 2*

Final Fantasy X(very good game,can't stop playing it!)

Metal Gear Solid 2(Its a fun game,I am stuck right now though:))

Gran Turismo 3(SWEET GAME! I love it!)

Virtua Fighter 4(Its a nice game to play when you are bored and have nothing to do)

*Playstation*

tomb raider(first one is the best and a classic! :p)

Crash Bandicoot(A fun game)

Tekken 2(I love tekken, my sister and I play it all the time. Can't wait for tekken 4!)

Resident Evil 3(RE3 is prob. the best resident evil because it introduced action and horror all in one game. The resident evils before were not like that)

*dreamcast*

Sonic Adventure(One of my favorite games. I loved the first sonic adventure. It it so fun to play on those rainy days. This game is a classic)

Crazy Taxi(Another game my sister and I play all the time. It is so addicting!)

*Sega Saturn*

NiGHTS into dreams(Another one of my favorites, this game ROCKS! I do not even know why the saturn died. You would think it would still be living with this game!)

Well those are my favorites. :D

cjhilljack
9th Jul 2002, 14:24
Wow :eek: snick, you certainly play a lot of platforms. So which platform is your favorite?

snickrep2002
9th Jul 2002, 16:50
Originally posted by cjhilljack
Wow :eek: snick, you certainly play a lot of platforms. So which platform is your favorite?

lol, well my favorite platform has to be Sega Saturn. I know its outdated and that it's dead, but it had some of the best games. Games today never so how good the game is, they show how good the graphics are.

Kurtis Trent
11th Jul 2002, 03:38
sonic adventure~dreamcast
legend of zelda series~nintendo 64
007 seires~nintendo 64
the sims & expansions~pc

and of course...........

TOMB RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!

obviousely:rolleyes: i mean who doesnt play tr:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aquarius
11th Jul 2002, 03:56
Posted this at the "Old Forum" (which has been gone 2 days now!).

The Sims (but not as much now)
Myst and Riven
SimCity 3000
Currently playing the Hidden Garden series
Titanic: Adventure out of Time
Various card games

cjhilljack
11th Jul 2002, 06:28
Is that the Titanic game that is kinda like a murder mystery during the first part and then goes to real-time escape mode? I almost bought that once when I found a cross-platform version...but :( didn't.

How does it rate against the other games on your list (& TR, of course)?

DaveJ
11th Jul 2002, 07:39
PC

Soldier of Fortune II (not very innovative, but a guilty pleasure)
Jedi Outcast (for the 3rd time)

XBox

Halo (second time through)
Hunter - The Reckoning
Spiderman - The Movie

GC

Rogue Leader

PS2

Final Fantasy X (pants of the biggest magnitude, selling it asap)

Aquarius
15th Jul 2002, 02:13
For those of you who play the Sims, in case you haven't heard there is going to be a new Expansion pack to be released in September.

In it, you'll be able to have pets, become a supermodel, grow a garden, and much, much more!

Check out the info at:

www.thesims.com/

Aquarius
15th Jul 2002, 02:17
Originally posted by cjhilljack
Is that the Titanic game that is kinda like a murder mystery during the first part and then goes to real-time escape mode? I almost bought that once when I found a cross-platform version...but :( didn't.

How does it rate against the other games on your list (& TR, of course)?

Adventure out of Time: The game starts off in WW2, you're sent back in time by a catalyst, to April 14, 1912. You work for the British Government, sort of like a spy. (it seems you had been on the Titanic once before, but had botched your mission). You must work against time, collecting clues (and evidence) to find your mission critical items. IF you succeed in finding the items, and get off the ship, you re-write history.

It's a great game, and I highly recommend it! :)

cjhilljack
16th Jul 2002, 03:46
Originally posted by Aquarius

It's a great game, and I highly recommend it! :)

Thanks for the review! I did look at that once and now I am going to wish I had bought it. I will add it to my wish list now. :cool:

Stellalune
17th Jul 2002, 16:28
Currently, there's Neverwinter Nights and the Game Boy TRs (working on walkthroughs finally).

Perennial faves:
Baldur's Gate series, including Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Eagerly awaiting Icewind Dale 2.
SSX Tricky (still trying to get the final gold medal in Alaska to get Zoe from Sensei to Master)
The Sims in all its incarnations
Sim City 3000 (waiting on 4)
Star Wars Pit Droids (silly, yeah, but a great puzzle game)

I've got to get Alice. Everyone says how awesome it is.

nanakki
18th Jul 2002, 21:25
i have a ps2, and my absolute favourite game is shadow of destiny. i also like silent hill and the final fantasy series... although i hate final fantasy X, the characters irritate me and the story's boring, so thats one loyalty i might ditch. i like some strategy games too like the sims and age of empires, but they can drive me a bit nuts.

tomb_raiding
18th Jul 2002, 21:58
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
I've just taken up El Diablo!!!! :)
Maybe I'll try Halflife one day!!

Try Half-Life

It's Cool more than u can imagine, I'm playing it for the 2nd time...

:cool: ;)

snickrep2002
18th Jul 2002, 22:39
hey nanakki,

I have been thinking of getting shadows of destiny. What is it like? I heard it is like shenmue and I love shemue. Should I get it?

nanakki
19th Jul 2002, 08:14
Originally posted by snickrep2002
hey nanakki,

I have been thinking of getting shadows of destiny. What is it like? I heard it is like shenmue and I love shemue. Should I get it?

hmm.. i have no idea what shemu is. might check it out if they're similar! :D

SoD is a very unique game, and the storyline is very involved with lots of curious plot twists and side details. some of the things that are hinted at in the game are quite perverse and cynical. its about a man who tries to go back in time to prevent his own death (an interesting concept for a start) so a large portion of your time is spent dying and trying to learn from it. its got extremely good mood and music, the best character development ive ever seen (albeit in a limited number of characters) and is extremely unique. having said that, its also very short and starts out slow. you have to persevere because the first two chapters are a veritable waste of time. theres also no combat, and its more cinematic that anything else so you don't need any skill to control the main character. however, it has lots of different endings and possibilities and has very good replay value. i've played it probably about 50 times and i still haven't unlocked all the available details. :)

newbie gamer
20th Jul 2002, 05:33
all of my games are for the pc the tr series- last revelation, tr platinum, tr2, tr3, unfinished business +the level editor, omikron the nomad soul, soulbringer, prince of persia 3d, and clue cronicles-fatal illusion those i have but have not finished: myst, everquest the ruins of kunark, lands of lore3, and finally(whew!)survival- the ultimate challenge

ddev
22nd Jul 2002, 20:00
I play the Tomb Raider series only (1-4), Final Fantasy 8-9, Medal of Honor, Chrono Cross, and that's about it. :D