PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Guard and Bloodweaver

TheDreamcrusher
3rd Nov 2015, 03:42
This ability and this talent make this game a skill-less chore. Playing against two prophets or more with this ability is atrociously out of balance. At three it becomes ridiculous and boring.

PencileyePirate
3rd Nov 2015, 05:44
Yep, has been probably the most broken ability/talent combinations since they revamped the perk system.

Why one ability should be able to able to shield for 650 damage is beyond me.

SonixSquad
3rd Nov 2015, 07:21
1> Its a support ability. It does not do damage.
2> The Prophet using it is giving up an offensive slot to use it, they have less damage capabilities than a prophet with Life Drain.
3> The Prophet using it is now a clearer & easier target because of the above 2.

Sounds like we're coming back to the good old 'nerf X because stacking' argument....
I already raised a poll as to wether 'the community' wanted limited class stacking during Ranked, the majority vote was no, so meh. :scratch:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=161446&highlight=class+stacking+poll

If 2 x sentinel, go 2 x prophet or 1 prophet 1 hunter.

If 2 x prophet, go dual sentinel, divide and conquer (easier said than done with random pugs though).

BlitzingLlama
3rd Nov 2015, 07:22
I'm surprised this isn't used more to be honest. I play A LOT and I rarely see 2 prophets using this ability. It happens but whatever. If it's so great you should use it too.

Personally I've started using the sacrifice ability as it's useful for more than one person at a time.

ParadoxicalOmen
3rd Nov 2015, 19:13
2> The Prophet using it is giving up an offensive slot to use it, they have less damage capabilities than a prophet with Life Drain.
3> The Prophet using it is now a clearer & easier target because of the above 2.

Sounds like we're coming back to the good old 'nerf X because stacking' argument....
I already raised a poll as to wether 'the community' wanted limited class stacking during Ranked, the majority vote was no, so meh. :scratch:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=161446&highlight=class+stacking+poll

If 2 x prophet, go dual sentinel, divide and conquer (easier said than done with random pugs though).

Just a guess, but you haven't played against a team with 3 Prophets with Eldritch Guard and Bloodweaver have you?

Oh and btw, it INCREASES the guard by 200%...so its not 650, its 975 shield. To me that's overpowered but whatever...luckily most teams don't do the prophet shield combo...

SonixSquad
3rd Nov 2015, 20:30
Just a guess, but you haven't played against a team with 3 Prophets with Eldritch Guard and Bloodweaver have you?

Oh and btw, it INCREASES the guard by 200%...so its not 650, its 975 shield. To me that's overpowered but whatever...luckily most teams don't do the prophet shield combo...

Thats not luck my friend, theres a reason most teams don't stack Prophets. The same reason why stacking any class is not automatic win unless you are playing versus inexperienced players.

The shield does not last forever, just seperate the players and gank them. Requires teamwork ofc, 1v1 won't work.

Also, ofc I have played against a team with 3 Prophets. Unless you can provide the correct counter it will be tough.

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Nov 2015, 02:25
@SonixSquad
It's barely counter-able i.m.o., unless you're playing with prophet's without the Bloodweaver Talent.
I remind you without Talent it's 325 shield, with Talent it goes to 975 (unless the description is wrong, which i think it isn't because i remember using abduct + puncture, which combined do around 800-900 dmg, and the shield was still up...)

So basically this double's a person's life...you either gotta have everyone attack him/her at once, or escape and wait till effect goes off...otherwise you'll simply get killed while you waste time on the shielded human.

When only one prophet uses this, it's not so bad...i usually escape and go focus on another human while i wait for the effect to go off.
But when you got 2 or 3 of these, that's potentially the whole team you can't attack.

Buffing the shield 3-fold is too much, personally i think 100% buff is enough...you can survive a Sentinel's abduct or an enraged Tyrant's charge and still have some shield left.
The way it is now, you can take 2 abilities without losing shield, and that's just unbalanced.

TheDreamcrusher
4th Nov 2015, 02:28

Thats not luck my friend, theres a reason most teams don't stack Prophets. The same reason why stacking any class is not automatic win unless you are playing versus inexperienced players.

The shield does not last forever, just seperate the players and gank them. Requires teamwork ofc, 1v1 won't work.

Also, ofc I have played against a team with 3 Prophets. Unless you can provide the correct counter it will be tough.

Life Drain isn't a significant combat ability and the prophet doesn't lose any strength from dropping it. Pistols are great weapons. Life Drain's benefits are minor compared to the buffed Eldritch Shield and basically is up every 12 seconds if it lasts its full duration, an effective +650 or +975 HP increase without much downtime. More than likely less that with cooldown buffs from equipment and abilities. It's also point and click in a vicinity requiring less accuracy than most attacks. Prophet doesn't even give up Hex Shot to use Eldritch Shield.

Separating experienced teams is unlikely, as exposing yourself with Abduct to good shooters will cause you to drop your victim quickly. You might get an occasional lucky grab with Dominate Mind without being punished. An Enraged Jump Attack doesn't even break it without the victim being directly under the tyrants feet. Facing a group of prophets, that tyrant is dead as soon as Hex Shot lands.

And if it sounds to you like we're coming back to the old "nerf x because stacking" argument is a good enough reason for you not to discuss something, you're in the wrong forum. Things change and the current incarnation of Eldritch Shield is arguably too strong en masse. So my suggestion is this: Eldritch Shield stops damage from one source (but not bleeds or dots) like a drop from Abduct/Kidnap, a Pounce, a Puncture, or a Throw, etc. Bloodweaver Eldritch Shield stops all damage for 3 seconds.