PDA

View Full Version : STORE ...You've got to be kidding, Psyonix.

Ygdrasel
3rd Nov 2015, 00:04
If you are going to open chests, better to open the devil ones as theres less chance of disappointment (you will get minimum Devils Night abilities/item(s)). The other chests may just give you a normal weapon or worse an XP booster. :p

an XP booster

You've got to be kidding. But I know you're not so, for the sake of dispelling my own agitation, now I'm going to rant about it. Not only is it entirely random what I get between the various equipment and skills but I might even just get a measly BOOSTER? What BLOODY USE ARE THE CHESTS THEN? I'd get the same deal from the Daily Reward slots, and the slots at least gives me some illusion of control.

Psyonix. Psyonix. Get in touch with whoever is in charge of this chest nonsense, and tell them to get their [expletive deleted] together, please (but phrase it more nicely). Keep it random if you must but take out the trash. Boosters are a daily reward given for essentially doing nothing. But chests? They require playing the game. Keys? They require purchase - or playing special promotions ala the recent CtB. To reward effort, time and money with the same trash you hand out as "Hey, you showed up!" trophies is just disgusting. And it's going to be very very hard to root for this game's success (or even to just not root for its complete failure) if that's going to remain standard practice.

Kootkha
3rd Nov 2015, 02:15
Agree with U, but there is a chance in redesign this chests to all this system becomes p2w. If changing this, there should be a real deliberate and painstaking work to save a middle-gold between p2w and useless trash-chests. But yes, it should be reworked, as it is now is totally unacceptable.

SonixSquad
3rd Nov 2015, 07:33
Yes, there have been a lot of negative posts/feedback on this subject and our posts 'have been taken into consideration'.
Someone somewhere (probably a sales executive with past experience in online gambling) doesn't know how to integrate sales into games without the gambling element.

Its simple really, just create content that we actually want. We will buy it. Skins skins skins. Not this random chest gambling garbage. Anyone that buys keys is currently supporting this system and making it less likely to change. If you want to support the game say no to chests and yes to skins.

-Shiro-
3rd Nov 2015, 12:52
Agree with U, but there is a chance in redesign this chests to all this system becomes p2w. If changing this, there should be a real deliberate and painstaking work to save a middle-gold between p2w and useless trash-chests. But yes, it should be reworked, as it is now is totally unacceptable.

Don't "redesign" them, get rid of them totally. At least until trading is implemented. Then, if you really love your chests system so much, make skins only chests, maybe.

Yes, there have been a lot of negative posts/feedback on this subject and our posts 'have been taken into consideration'.
Someone somewhere (probably a sales executive with past experience in online gambling) doesn't know how to integrate sales into games without the gambling element.

Its simple really, just create content that we actually want. We will buy it. Skins skins skins. Not this random chest gambling garbage. Anyone that buys keys is currently supporting this system and making it less likely to change. If you want to support the game say no to chests and yes to skins.

This. Simply sell us stuff, don't encourage us to gamble.

PS : about the store at the moment, is it normal that the sales are still the hammerhead and gilded tyrant, or I missed something ?

Ygdrasel
4th Nov 2015, 03:07
don't encourage us to gamble.

Oh, they aren't encouraging anything more than annoyance judging from the drop rates on stuff people actually want.

Blackdeathteal
4th Nov 2015, 22:47
With Batlleborn and Overwatch so close they it seems like Square enix is trying to milk as much money as possible out of these boxes , all they are really doing is rupturing a already small playerbase having played on and off since founders packs were introduced and all of my past friends quiting I highly doubt im going to last much longer. They should NOT have been introduced in the first place, off my 2 league keys got a pos abilty and a booster if i payed 800 gems for that I would be livid.

KaininitePriestess
6th Nov 2015, 19:30
This is why I absolutely refuseto buy keys, and when I earned them, I only used them on the Devil's Night chests. I'm not paying money for something that could end up giving me something I already won 15 times over and then scrapped for forge materials months ago. If I want a booster, if I want a skin, I will buy it. I just spent money on this game yesterday buying banners and skins! Now my Vanguard looks nice and awesome in his big green coat and I can finally say I have all of the "classic" LoK skins, all clan-banners and Raziel's sword-banner included!

I'm still contemplating buying the executions right now because those are super slick! And the evolved Zephonim and Melchahim banners. Especially the Zephonim banner, 'cause he's my main.

But again. I WILL NOT EVER buy keys for the chests with the way they've been implemented right now. I doubt any good will come of our complaining because someone at Square Enix has no idea how to encourage a happy community and just wants to milk us out of our money, but I'm still going to say it when I get the chance.

I love the developers and I will gladly pay for them to get paid to make this game. If I had the option, I'd buy the game all over again after I bought the founder's pack, like you used to be able to do when games weren't permanently connected to the internet and a game had to be finished on release day. But game publishers more and more are going for the nickel-and-dime-you method of selling games. You get a half-finished game and then they sell you the rest of the story 3 months later as extra, "optional" DLC. It's disgusting.

Ygdrasel
6th Nov 2015, 22:12
You get a half-finished game and then they sell you the rest of the story 3 months later as extra, "optional" DLC. It's disgusting.

I have never once seen this done.

Psyonix_Ryan
6th Nov 2015, 22:25
I love the developers

We love you, too :)

We've spoken to the treasure trolls about their RNG a few times in the past, but we'll talk to them again anyway. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Ygdrasel
7th Nov 2015, 01:08
We love you, too :)

We've spoken to the treasure trolls about their RNG a few times in the past, but we'll talk to them again anyway. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Treasure Trolls would be "goblins". ;) Though this feedback wasn't actually about the RNG but the inclusion of junk "rewards" (boosters) in chests.

Though on the subject of RNG, personally, I'd separate the chests moreso than they are now. Have a chest containing weapons. Have a chest containing abilities. A chest for skins. As-is, you could get any of these from a single chest. It does make the RNG rather more agitating.

KaininitePriestess
7th Nov 2015, 16:25
I have never once seen this done.

You must not remember the debacle that was Mass Effect 3. >_>

GenFeelGood
7th Nov 2015, 20:38

I do, and it seems to be becoming a trend now. Only Dragon Age seems to actually do something good with it, giving you a glimpse at what the next game is going to be about.

Ygdrasel
8th Nov 2015, 08:42

You mean that complete game that had an alternate ending DLC released by demand to silence the whining of pests? Quite.

KaininitePriestess
8th Nov 2015, 16:49
You mean that complete game that had an alternate ending DLC released by demand to silence the whining of pests? Quite.

Sure, I guess if by "whining of pests," you mean "complete and utter outrage of everyone who finished the game ever," then yes, we'll put it that way as well.

Honestly, I didn't play the game myself, but my sister did, and my cousin, and everyone I know, and the rage I saw them expressing, and the actual ending that I read about to see if it was really that bad, were pretty horrible. Either way, I'm getting tired of games that don't give you the full game when you buy it and then add things in after the fact for more money!

Expansion packs don't count, 'cause they're literally like an entirely new game added on to the same engine as the last one. I'm just talking about where they charge you for missions and things that by all accounts and purposes should have been included from the get-go.

FearGhoul
8th Nov 2015, 18:24
I love the developers and I will gladly pay for them to get paid to make this game. If I had the option, I'd buy the game all over again after I bought the founder's pack, like you used to be able to do when games weren't permanently connected to the internet and a game had to be finished on release day. But game publishers more and more are going for the nickel-and-dime-you method of selling games. You get a half-finished game and then they sell you the rest of the story 3 months later as extra, "optional" DLC. It's disgusting.

I so totally agree with this. I swear this is what they do. They intentionally don't finish a game, and then later release DLC of stuff that should have been in the game later, just to make more money. Now I love Nintendo, but I'm disappointed that even they are doing this now with Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and other games. I've joked about it before, but if Soul Reaver was released today, the remains of Nupraptor's Retreat would have been DLC instead of just being put in the game.

Ygdrasel
9th Nov 2015, 00:30
Either way, I'm getting tired of games that don't give you the full game when you buy it and then add things in after the fact for more money!

This is why I don't buy from Capcom. Can't think of anyone else offhand who gives out incomplete games. As long as what's added is good enough for its price, I see no issue with DLC. It keeps people employed in downtime.

Sadly, much of it is poor quality. As for FearGhoul's joke, the ruins we see in SR would be outrageous as DLC (unless free). But if they expanded the actual location, filled it with more new interesting stuff, lore insights and such, it could be worth a few dollars. Quality is the key.

Ultimately though, whether the DLC is high-quality or not, the practice is the consumers' fault for buying.

Bazielim
9th Nov 2015, 08:58
Well we should all probably be careful with relating SR1 to incomplete games:lol:

SR1 was missing the last third - if the DLC concept existed back then I'd be hoping for Turelim territory, Undercity, Kain's Mountain Retreat, Pinnacle of the Silenced Cathedral, deleted Reavers/Glyphs - the list goes on.

Yeah, the 'incomplete' game + DLC concept isn't always popular but SR1 really isn't the best case to use as an example.

Vampmaster
9th Nov 2015, 12:55
Well we should all probably be careful with relating SR1 to incomplete games:lol:

SR1 was missing the last third - if the DLC concept existed back then I'd be hoping for Turelim territory, Undercity, Kain's Mountain Retreat, Pinnacle of the Silenced Cathedral, deleted Reavers/Glyphs - the list goes on.

Yeah, the 'incomplete' game + DLC concept isn't always popular but SR1 really isn't the best case to use as an example.

A patch to restore Soul Reaver's alternate ending would probably still sell for £5/$10 today. I bet it would only need one guy for the programming as well.

ParadoxicalOmen
9th Nov 2015, 22:28
I've got to say, i was very disappointed with chests...after playing Leagues + Halloween event, i ended up with 3 keys.
I got excited, thinking i was going to get at least 1 unique weapon...but in the end i got 2 arcane abilities and an xp booster............

If i was ever in doubt if i should buy keys or not, that doubt is gone. My advice is save your money to buy stuff you will actually get, and not this scamming chest business...

FearGhoul
11th Nov 2015, 08:16
Yeah, maybe an incomplete game like Soul Reaver is a bad example. Maybe saying that it's like if Metal Gear Solid came out today and they made Meryl's ending DLC. That's more what it seems like these days.

Ygdrasel
12th Nov 2015, 02:28

It wasn't "missing" Kain's Retreat or the Pinnacle, was it? They were part of an intended conclusion that got changed.

SR would actually be an example of how DLC works best - all the stuff that just got thrown away over time constraints (Reavers, Glyphs, enemy types, etcetera...) - could have been put in later.

Bazielim
12th Nov 2015, 18:03
It wasn't "missing" Kain's Retreat or the Pinnacle, was it? They were part of an intended conclusion that got changed.

SR would actually be an example of how DLC works best - all the stuff that just got thrown away over time constraints (Reavers, Glyphs, enemy types, etcetera...) - could have been put in later.

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at - it isn't the best example of (potentially) bad DLC business because with all the extras left around on the cutting room floor it could have been a good thing to get them via DLC.

KaininitePriestess
12th Nov 2015, 20:21
One could say that if it had had the DLC additions of the missing content, though, the story would have ended there and we wouldn't have gotten the amazing story that we have now, so is it really a good thing or a bad thing? :P

Just playing devil's advocate. I would love to play that old content, but I prefer the story we have now, so I'm totally riding the fence on that one. :P

Ygdrasel
13th Nov 2015, 00:12
One could say that if it had had the DLC additions of the missing content, though, the story would have ended there and we wouldn't have gotten the amazing story that we have now, so is it really a good thing or a bad thing? :P

Just playing devil's advocate. I would love to play that old content, but I prefer the story we have now, so I'm totally riding the fence on that one. :P

Well, they'd still have had to push out the cliffhanger ending due to the deadline so the story as-is now would probably still have gone forward. DLC would've probably been titled in such a way as to render it a mere hypothetical, much how it is currently with the timestream visions still depicting cut content.

Raptr0s
13th Nov 2015, 01:18
Just kinda tuning in

This is pretty much why I don't waste my time on chests anymore unless I get the free keys

No way in hell am I paying like, what is it, 5 bucks for 2 keys?

Only to get maybe an XP booster and an Uncanny.

Nothnx

Gambling is always a bad gimmick to have in games.

ParadoxicalOmen
13th Nov 2015, 22:25
Just kinda tuning in

This is pretty much why I don't waste my time on chests anymore unless I get the free keys

No way in hell am I paying like, what is it, 5 bucks for 2 keys?

Only to get maybe an XP booster and an Uncanny.

Nothnx

I wasted 3 keys and got nothing. Only reason i'm not mad is that i got them for free...imagine if i paid?

I'm not against the chests, but adding junk just to ruin your chances of getting what you want is just...very evil.

Ygdrasel
13th Nov 2015, 23:48

Worse than that, it's not even a gimmick. A gimmick's purpose is to make it seem exciting or innovative or fun. Gambling just preys on stubborn types and addicts who in turn continue to support the practice and make all these complaints fall on deaf (or perhaps money-stuffed) ears.

I want to use these keys I got. And I want to use them on specific chests. But I don't want to risk getting a damn booster.