PDA

View Full Version : Keeping controls after updating

JoJoDeath
1st Nov 2015, 13:23
I have been playing this game since the open Beta, and loved to play it ever since. However, every time I update the game, it will reset the keybindings that I made before. I prefer to play it a little different from the normal keybinds(with reload on Ctrl, the Q skill on MB3 and the F skill on MB4(mouse buttons), and sprint on Alt). I don't know if a lot of other players rebind their controls as well, but I find it annoying that every time after updating it has my controls reset. I spend every first game after updating at least half a minute to set up the right bindings.
I find this to be very annoying, and would love to see the controls from the previous update being kept in the game, so I don't need to redo all the keybindings after the update.

JoJoDeath

RainaAudron
1st Nov 2015, 14:16
I have rebound the keys as well, but have not experienced a reset in a while now. Not sure why you still do :/ Do you have any special config through editing gameĀ“s files or just use the in-game binding tool?

JoJoDeath
1st Nov 2015, 18:34
I don't use any special config tools, or whatever. I just downloaded the game, and made different keybindings. I just used the in-game editing system to edit the controls. That's it. I have experienced this for a quite a few updates. For some reason however, I only did not experience this in the last update(of this weekend I believe), where it kept the controls. I don't know how, but it got fixed appearantly. The update before that, it did happen, the control reset.
The problem might be fixed for me, but I am not 100% sure about it, maybe it will appear again later on, in a new patch. I'll post it if it happens again.

P.S. I did not update my game before I had posted this thread, so I had no idea that it was fixed already for me. Sorry for not having checked earlier!

ButtCrusher
2nd Nov 2015, 02:53
I never thought it will be fixed, so just remapped keys with AutoHotkey half year ago.

cmstache
2nd Nov 2015, 21:41
It depends on the patch. Normally, when there are configurations to the .ini files they are reset when the new one is downloaded. Other updates that don't include a .ini file (config.) they don't get reset as the old file doesn't get overwritten... But yes, it's painfully annoying when it happens. Often you don't even notice it until the match starts.

ButtCrusher
2nd Nov 2015, 22:43
It depends on the patch. Normally, when there are configurations to the .ini files they are reset when the new one is downloaded. Other updates that don't include a .ini file (config.) they don't get reset as the old file doesn't get overwritten... But yes, it's painfully annoying when it happens. Often you don't even notice it until the match starts.

Why any other peace of software keeping user setting untouched? They are not updating? So was i right it will not be fixed?