PDA

View Full Version : Russians

ButtCrusher
1st Nov 2015, 04:40
There are two well known things about russians, not about all, but a lot of us:

* Russians spamming with russian, answers nothing if you give advices; demonstrates low culture level and not care about team.
* Empire things caused situation when lot of players should choose what to buy: runestones or food.

Possible solutions:

*Server located between Europe and Asia. I think perfect location is Ekaterinburg, it's a big enough city located between Moscow and Siberia, it will bring fine ping to most of Russia and Kazakhstan. It will cleanup servers from cyrillic frustration messages. Also fight in close range ping 20 vs ping 150 is uneven and cause frustration. Also international(lowenglish) teams makes voice chat useless at most of times.
*Regional discount will stimulate runestones usage, as it work all around steam market. RUR become 2x cheaper during last year(3x since 2008), all world around still feels too expensive. Typical russian monthly average income is about $200-500. Imagine how it feels compared to EU/US.

I hope all of it already on roadmap. Any plans? Estimates?

Kootkha
1st Nov 2015, 04:57
This leads to making a reservation for russian players, as blizzard did it in wow years ago. It's a good idea to make altenative server to lower the ping. But the idea to make a regional discount leads to regional restrictions -> russians will be able to play only with russians, bcz of different marketing politics. If not, imagine how will Europe (or other) players feel, when they play together with russians, but buy runestones in a far more expensive way. I'm not fond of reservation ideas. As a russian player I like to play with my Europe friends, I'm really rare playing with other russians. So this will ruin the game for me. The only thing that looks good is to make an alternative regional ground server to lower the ping issues, yes.

Lavamancer
1st Nov 2015, 23:05
Dudes, there's not enough players on EU shard, leave alone RU...

ButtCrusher
2nd Nov 2015, 02:19
Dudes, there's not enough players on EU shard, leave alone RU...

I just hate my 120-150 ping. Maybe it not affect you but i suck in cluse range, just because i see outdated enemy(abils init) and anemy use abils faster then me( knives vs shockwave ). Also my reaction to anything 2 times longer then 20ms player (about 170ms vs 300ms).
I didn't say it must be done yesterday. Just asked is it on roadmap. Sure there no reason to run server for 300 players.
When i get close to 1000hs, game become more like a job. Now it's a tuning and training. And i do not want to waste time and money if there are no perspectives to reduce lag. Because i will not move to EU for play Nosgoth comfortable.

This leads to making a reservation for russian players, as blizzard did it in wow years ago. It's a good idea to make altenative server to lower the ping. But the idea to make a regional discount leads to regional restrictions -> russians will be able to play only with russians, bcz of different marketing politics.

There no reason to make reservation. Go play US server today with ping 400 if you want. Also you can check RS prices in different currencies on nosgoth.com.

If not, imagine how will Europe (or other) players feel, when they play together with russians, but buy runestones in a far more expensive way.
Life Isn't Fair. Probably they will die of envy.

I understand you brother. You have important reasons to say no.

Heretic_13
5th Nov 2015, 06:49
Well, i`m from Poland and we also are not incredibly wealthy, our Złoty is about 0.25 of euro, so thats means we would also like discount- 20 złotych for 1000 runestones(most basic price) is something that makes many of us just back off, and play with basic abilities. Will we get discount? Doubt it-developers are humans that also need to eat and have a roof over thier heads- and they are not living in Poland, Russia or wathever. How about Ukraine? Or other countries east of Gremany? Thanks to your batko Stalin and co. up to this day we all(slavs mainly) still have lot of stuff to deal with, from political issues, to the very way of thinking of many people, who were growing up in countries ruled by corrupt goverments.
Why would only you get special treatment?

ButtCrusher
5th Nov 2015, 21:12
Well, i`m from Poland and we also are not incredibly wealthy, our Złoty is about 0.25 of euro, so thats means we would also like discount- 20 złotych for 1000 runestones(most basic price) is something that makes many of us just back off, and play with basic abilities. Will we get discount?
You should. Because you know what student will choose to buy, beer or runestones. It should be tuned to beer and runestones.

Doubt it-developers are humans that also need to eat and have a roof over thier heads- and they are not living in Poland, Russia or wathever.
Developers are not humans. We are something between plants and machines. Every plant understand discount doesn't mean loosing money. Especially if copy price is 0.

How about Ukraine? Or other countries east of Gremany? Thanks to your batko Stalin and co. up to this day we all(slavs mainly) still have lot of stuff to deal with, from political issues, to the very way of thinking of many people, who were growing up in countries ruled by corrupt goverments.
Sounds like my post is an another russian invasion, lol. Be sure i deal with stuff much more than you because spirit of Stalin is alive, and leaving next door to me. But it isn't a good place to discuss about that.

Why would only you get special treatment?
Because i will not feel VIP if you get it too... Where you find ONLY word?

Purchasing skins is fine for me. But chests / keys / forge too expensive. I tried chests and dissapointed, and purchased all skins i like.
I starving for resources/gold/items. It's bringed by FTP design as a reason for do small payments. And it's fine. But it not working if payments not feels as small. Result is lower comfort for players and lower payments to developers.

Heretic_13
6th Nov 2015, 07:44
I know, i have the same issue- i am now on traning period and don`t make much money, so spending them on skins would be painfull. And i have over 20 chests in my inventory, and won only one key through whole week of playing.
As for server i am all up for it- it`s annoying, when your target teleports every 10 steps, and all
But either we all get the same treatment, or nobody, thats is simple truth. We can plead to lower the prices overall, but not "only" for us
As about batko and co. i know many of you don`t like the fact that it reincarnated in Putin, and i am not attacking you as a person.
I`m just attacking a nation that tries to snap off bits and pieces of territories of other countries, and you know what and who i mean

ButtCrusher
10th Nov 2015, 05:21
Localization only planned?

Da_Wolv
10th Nov 2015, 08:59
You should. Because you know what student will choose to buy, beer or runestones. It should be tuned to beer and runestones.

When I think in terms of Złoty and Czech koruny - I always use beer as a measuring pole :D

VodkaKid123
12th Nov 2015, 10:42
Not all russians are bad l:

Heretic_13
12th Nov 2015, 15:14
When I think in terms of Złoty and Czech koruny - I always use beer as a measuring pole :D

Wanna fight, or what? :P
I didn`t state that all of you are evil. Hell i love to drink from time to time, i imagine we`d get destroyed together(with me going down rather quickly by your standards, but i never drink to win, only to get light headed)
It`s just annoying me that you only mentioned your country. There is quite a lot of us, that don`t make much money compared to western europe

ButtCrusher
18th Nov 2015, 18:27
Wanna fight, or what? :P
I didn`t state that all of you are evil. Hell i love to drink from time to time, i imagine we`d get destroyed together(with me going down rather quickly by your standards, but i never drink to win, only to get light headed)
It`s just annoying me that you only mentioned your country. There is quite a lot of us, that don`t make much money compared to western europe

There are about 200 countries on this planet i should care about, right? Or maybe you should stop this stupid flame and post thread about Poland? Or your idea is just Russia should have no discount? What you want? Your nagging is real annoying.

Heretic_13
19th Nov 2015, 07:29
My idea is: either all get discount or none. Happy?

Ygdrasel
19th Nov 2015, 07:51
lot of players should choose what to buy: runestones or food.

That is not a choice. Buy food.

ButtCrusher
20th Nov 2015, 11:01
That is not a choice. Buy food.

I'm talking not about myself. I can earn some as freelance programmer. I talking about $200 monthly average. Most of russians will can't buy RS.

aadjakar
11th Dec 2015, 07:48
That's really kind of racist.

Ygdrasel
11th Dec 2015, 08:31
That's really kind of racist.

Um...How? :scratch: