PDA

View Full Version : Capture the body sugestion

Phyro3
31st Oct 2015, 20:04
Well ever since the new patch and the limited 2 classes per game started the new classes being spammed are usually alchemist and vanguard that can use the fire wall and Bulwark to stop vampires from reaching the body too easely. that will give a lot of time for any human that died respawn and quickly get back on the body to spam even more fire wall and bulwark again making it almost impossible to drag.
So a possible fix to this could be adding some kind of damage to the body. so the time limit before it explodes will no longer be only from vampires grabbing the body but also from fires and other skills used directly on the body stoping the humans from spaming their skills on it all the time.
Just a sugestion i might be missing something to make it a good one.
PEACE!

ParadoxicalOmen
31st Oct 2015, 20:37
The problem of your suggestion is that if body explodes faster if take fire/wind damage...that means body will reset, so in fact is better for humans.

Indeed Bulwark is a pain now in CTB, but i dont think it's a game breaker...in the end problem was probably teamwork.
If you had a good team you guys would simply kill the others, leaving Vang alone using Bulwark, and rest would be piece of cake.

FearGhoul
1st Nov 2015, 06:23
I finally played this mode today and it was awesome. I don't know why they don't just have it as an option for playing this game. Why make it only available rarely?

SonixSquad
1st Nov 2015, 10:33
Fire will already damage the alchemist, Mines will already damage the scout, etc. If you want the fire to affect all humans (not just Alchemist), not sure what difference this will make as I rarely see anyone standing directly on the body.
If all of this is because of Bulwark, there are plenty of counters to Bulwark - Shockwave Tyrant for example and teamwork. Always teamwork.

I am enjoying the mode a lot more now with the 2 class limit. Although it is annoying when the 2 most useful class slots have been taken but they are not being used properly.

Kootkha
2nd Nov 2015, 03:20
It can just slower the reset of corpse dragging time, when aoe spamming on it.

akr0nym
2nd Nov 2015, 10:49

this. +1

Vampmaster
2nd Nov 2015, 11:01
Corpse could start to become dangerous for humans when it receives a lot of AoE damage. That would make Alchemists less effective and encourage more strategy than mindless bombing of the corpse. The corpse could have different effects on different vampire classes to balance them more specifically so that the Tyrant wouldn't always be the best vampire to carry it.

ParadoxicalOmen
2nd Nov 2015, 14:15

This is quite a good idea...you could simply calculate the damage the body would receive if it were a player (seems simple to do), and convert this damage as extra time for the body.

For example, for each 100 damage the body receives, you add 0.1 sec to the body's countdown (increasing it's time b4 kaboom).

Vampmaster
2nd Nov 2015, 14:21

I didn't spot your suggestion earlier, but that's a good idea too. Needs a way to communicate to the player that AoE is what's causing it though. It could even refill the timer rather than just pause it.

Ygdrasel
2nd Nov 2015, 23:03
I didn't spot your suggestion earlier, but that's a good idea too. Needs a way to communicate to the player that AoE is what's causing it though. It could even refill the timer rather than just pause it.

If it just pauses, the meter could turn red (versus usual blue) while AoE is in effect. Something subtle but noticeable. (Unlike "YOU ARE BEING CONTROLLED BY A DECEIVER".)

ParadoxicalOmen
3rd Nov 2015, 22:06
If it just pauses, the meter could turn red (versus usual blue) while AoE is in effect. Something subtle but noticeable. (Unlike "YOU ARE BEING CONTROLLED BY A DECEIVER".)

Perhaps the bar should not simply turn blue...but have both colors...the red being the original time, and add a blue portion to the bar which is correspondent to the human AOE damage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wntzcogd9ryet2e/bar.png?dl=0

Ygdrasel
4th Nov 2015, 02:34
Perhaps the bar should not simply turn blue...but have both colors...the red being the original time, and add a blue portion to the bar which is correspondent to the human AOE damage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wntzcogd9ryet2e/bar.png?dl=0

Sounds like that version would be refilling the meter as it was damaged. Different concept but still a nice way to show it. Either one's a winner.

GenocidePete
4th Nov 2015, 14:02
I guess my question would be this: why aren't you utterly destroying their team with sentinels if they're only using alchemists and vanguards?