PDA

View Full Version : POLL: You would like a prequel/sequel based in Max becoming Rachel?

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 20:36
Ok, i know that there are people that like the theory of Max being Rachel, and people not. I would like to know how many people could be interested in a second season like this, and how many people not. Here it's the pool.

http://strawpoll.me/5876922

And i left here this too, the list of things that Max and Rachel share in common or have alike , in case you want to see it: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182367

To me, definitely yes. This would can be the best form to continue the game in my opinion, aswer many questions that the season 1 game left out, and a way to have more endings (Save Chloe and Max, or sacrifice the main character for example) and continue with same cast of characters that are present in Season 1.

Please respect all opinions, thanks. :thumb:

And sorry for my english.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 20:44
Wouldn't that mean Max be dead given that we come across her remains in the game ?

Tataboj
30th Oct 2015, 20:45
I am pretty sure writers did not write the game as "Max is Rachel" so I think this will be impossible. Maybe some sort of fan fiction.

Ross42899
30th Oct 2015, 20:48
While there's still something mysterious about Rachel Amber, I don't think she's Max. A "Rachel Amber DLC" would be interesting, but not under the premise that she's supposed to be Max.

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 20:52
Wouldn't that mean Max be dead given that we come across her remains in the game ?

Can begin like a prequel, the remains can be of another person, or she can travel in time before get killed (creating another timeline or travelling to another person body). There are much posibilities.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 20:54
Can begin like a prequel, the remains can be of another person, or she can travel in time before get killed. There are much posibilities.

Might as well focus on Rachel's story, witch might damn interesting.

Tataboj
30th Oct 2015, 21:08
I'm not sure I want Rachel Amber DLC, even if she's not Max. I mean, her character isn't present in the game (just her photos and letters, people are talking about her). There is that mystery of Rachel Amber, and those mysteries are all around Arcadia Bay. Left for interpretation. Just like, say, rewind powers or sexuality.

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 21:19
In part i agree with you in that, but in the other part, i want more of this game xD.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 21:22
In part i agree with you in that, but in the other part, i want more of this game xD.

No worries, I'm sure Dontnod can come up with something intriguing we can enjoy / suffer though from Arcadia Bay, even with out Rachel.

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 21:26
To me should be interesting fill any of those holes that season 1 left: Samuel, Tobanga, Animal spirits, Rachel and Max alike, where the powers come from, etc. On the other part, it's true that filling it, can kill the own interpretation of everyone.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 21:51
To me should be interesting fill any of those holes that season 1 left: Samuel, Tobanga, Animal spirits, Rachel and Max alike, where the powers come from, etc. On the other part, it's true that filling it, kill the own interpretation of everyone.

I think it would be better to say that you are adding additional information regrading those characters / items, witch can work without messing up everything for everyone if the aforementioned things to not mess with the personal interpretation that the game applies though the choices / dialog opinions you encounter, just no not mess with the uncertainty. :)

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 22:05
Well, i think too, that we have already our own interpretation of things. If a second season comes out, and we don't like it for example, we already have the interpretations we liked it before, and that will be forever here. I don't know if i explained well xD.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 22:11
Well, i think too, that we have already our own interpretation of things. If a second season comes out, and we don't like it for example, we already have the interpretations we liked it before, and that will be forever here. I don't know if i explained well xD.

Explained it well enough for my dumb ass to understand it completely. :nut:

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 22:14
Thanks, he he. My english sometimes... works betters than others times xD.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 22:17
Thanks, he he. My english sometimes... works betters than others xD.

Your grammar is fine and the spelling is good, so nothing to worry about there and no need to excuse yourself. :)

Arcadiagamer
30th Oct 2015, 22:21
Thank you very much. ;)

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 22:30
Thank you very much. ;)

Your welcome. :) Can someone put this train back on track for me ?

Who want's free cookies from Rachel in season 2 ? :D

--TIE--
30th Oct 2015, 23:06
I vote for no. For me max and rachel are two different chars/persons who maybe share some interessts, nothing more. I think if Rachel was max or max rachel she never lied to chloe about her relationship with frank. But I complete accept it if someone had another point of view it´s only not my favourit idear about the game and chars.

Ross42899
30th Oct 2015, 23:45
I think if Rachel was max or max rachel she never lied to chloe about her relationship with frank.

I think Max would never hang out with Frank in the first place. No matter if it's Max from the future or Max/Rachel are the same person or whatever.

Arcadiagamer
31st Oct 2015, 00:13
I want cookies of Rachel S2 too xD.

About Max with Frank, i thing that it's a interesting theme. It's true that a first looking that don't fit very well, but people can change, look at Frank, at the end even him has a bright side. Perphaps Max could be did see it too.

It's the same with Chloe, perhaps at the beginning, Chloe was not rebel, and when she meets Rachel/Max (In this theory, ok), perhaps that do her a rebel. Later Chloe meets Max again, and Max become a rebel (Rachel)with the passage of time, and then she meets Chloe again somehow travelling to the past and transform in a rebel again. A endless cycle. It's because things like this that i like this theory too much. I know that it have inconsistencies too, but even so i like it, and i think that could give much game.

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 00:24
I want cookies of Rachel S2 too xD.

About Max with Frank, i thing that it's a interesting theme. It's true that a first looking that don't fit very well, but people can change, look at Frank, at the end even him has a bright side. Perphaps Max could be did see it too.

It's the same with Chloe, perhaps at the beginning, Chloe was not rebel, and when she meets Rachel/Max (In my theory, ok), perphaps that do her a rebel. Later Chloe meets Max again, and Max become a rebel (Rachel)with the passage of time, and then she meets Chloe again somehow travelling to the past and transform in a rebel again. A endless cycle. It's because things like this that i like this theory too much. I know that it have inconsistencies too, but even so i like it, and i think that could give much game.

This is very plausible that Maxine could get along with Frank at some point. The Frank we are seeing is more the mask Frank is wearing than who Frank really is, there are hints about this in the game, from the stuff you find in his trailer and the dialog when you are trading with him for the info to find Rachel and later on his sms you recieve from him. I've met a few people that are similar to Frank (people I knew from boarding school), but under all that bull**** they are just people like the rest of us.

Arcadiagamer
31st Oct 2015, 00:44
Yes, i think the same. In reality, some guys that looks like bad people, in truth are not than bad, and some that looks like good, in the end are bad.

--TIE--
31st Oct 2015, 01:06
The Frank we are seeing is more the mask Frank is wearing than who Frank really is, there are hints about this in the game, from the stuff you find in his trailer and the dialog when you are trading with him for the info to find Rachel and later on his sms you recieve from him.

Oh I think that was a very positive pov about Frank. He put´s out a knife...sometimes bad peaople are right that, bad people even if they care about Dogs and love a woman. In game terms he maybe change in a romantic way of the highway outlaw with a good heart, but I cant realy see something good behind a drug dealer, and in no way can I see a girl like max realy hang out with frank. Even Rachel (maybe max former identity) are scared about him, bcs. he lost control. We maybe met Frank at a very sentimental point in his life but I wouldn´t dare him in any way.

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 01:16
Oh I think that was a very positive pov about Frank. He put´s out a knife...sometimes bad peaople are right that, bad people even if they care about Dogs and love a woman. In game terms he maybe change in a romantic way of the highway outlaw with a good heart, but I cant realy see something good behind a drug dealer, and in no way can I see a girl like max realy hang out with frank. Even Rachel (maybe max former identity) are scared about him, bcs. he lost control. We maybe met Frank at a very sentimental point in his life but I wouldn´t dare him in any way.

I wouldn't call Frank a bad person, humans are very very complicated to say the least. Everyone cares / loves something. Being a drug dealer is by no means the worst thing in the world, they are just business men dealing with illegal substances, though I find Frank's appearance way too stereotypical. There are people out there that you shouldn't really threaten, drug dealers or not. I'll give it to Frank though he his no push over.

I do wonder what his story is though, people don't become that messed up just because.

--TIE--
31st Oct 2015, 01:30
:cool::D very romantic view...

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 01:34
:cool::D very romantic view...

Ooohhh... I guess I should be flattered. :)

--TIE--
31st Oct 2015, 10:25
I do wonder what his story is though, people don't become that messed up just because.

Oh I think he is maybe also one of this Arcadia Bay Drop-Outs who breaking bad over the time. A boy with an shinig aura who is hitting hard by life. Maybe not realy strong willed, because I think everyone can find another way and isn´t forced to be a criminal. But Frank choose the bad way at some point in his past. Maybe he is like a poor (no money) version from Nathan. Bad childhood, bad parents...ha had a problem with authorities and so on...

Tataboj
31st Oct 2015, 12:05
I wouldn't call Frank a bad person, humans are very very complicated to say the least. Everyone cares / loves something.
Exactly! Another great thing with this game is that there are no clear good or bad. Just - people. Even Jefferson is nice, he just expresses his socially unacceptable fetish in quite socially unacceptable ways. :)
Frank has issues, but can be quite a nice guy too (really short description, I know :) ).

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 12:10
Exactly! Another great thing with this game is that there are no clear good or bad. Just - people. Even Jefferson is nice, he just expresses his socially unacceptable fetish in quite socially unacceptable ways. :)
Frank has issues, but can be quite a nice guy too (really short description, I know :) ).

I found Jefferson a bit odd, I found that he comes across as very likable and not bad looking, but when it comes to capturing the suffering of humanity (at least that what I think he is doing) he has some troubling ways of doing it. Guess someone never told him that there is plenty of suffering in the world with contributing to it. There might be something more to his motives than I know, I might have missed some clues during my play though.

Tataboj
31st Oct 2015, 15:13
I found Jefferson a bit odd, I found that he comes across as very likable and not bad looking, but when it comes to capturing the suffering of humanity (at least that what I think he is doing) he has some troubling ways of doing it. Guess someone never told him that there is plenty of suffering in the world with contributing to it. There might be something more to his motives than I know, I might have missed some clues during my play though.

Of course, what he does is inexcusable, I just don't see him as a cartoon villain.

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 15:43
Of course, what he does is inexcusable, I just don't see him as a cartoon villain.

Cartoon villain doesn't really come to mind when discussing Mark Jefferson, I wonder put him on this path and how Nathan got involved in all this mess ? I also wonder if was striking out of his of own when he drugged Chloe on his own in this dorm.

TroublesomeBirdsong
26th Nov 2015, 20:06
Season 2 could easily be a prequel about Rachel as her own person. Max doesn't need to be involved at all. If Rachel has a similar power to Max, all you have to do is have her receive a vision of her own death in the junkyard with Nathan at the start, and then at the end of the first episode she prevents this from happening and gets Jefferson arrested, thus she creates an alternate reality from the reality season 1 took place in, and the game continues from there.

UNKLEPhilosophy
30th Nov 2015, 14:27
max don't need to be involved.. at all.. I bet if Frank would be real in our real world everybody would hate him lol.. even those who love in the game.