PDA

View Full Version : Forum names...

iakovos
29th Jun 2002, 12:17
Who came up with these forum names?
Commandos Legacy? Sounds crippy...
Why wasn't it called the Commandos saga? OR the commandos thrillogy?

Iakovos:)

Longshot
29th Jun 2002, 21:02
Yeah I agree, Commandos Legacy doesn't sounds right. I think Commandos would have been a better name for the old Commandos games, but in little text below, it could say something like "This forum is dedicated to discussion of Commandos BEL and Commandos BCD"

Xcom
29th Jun 2002, 21:26
This is possible, to change the name I mean. Only we need some kind of agreement on this. Change the name and somebody else won't like it.

Longshot
29th Jun 2002, 21:31
Well its still early, I'm sure no one will notice ;)

iakovos
29th Jun 2002, 21:42
Well, all we have to do is baby steps.
Firstly if we agree on the "we want a new name for the forums".
That's what the poll up there is all about.
Secondly we make a thread with suggestions.
A poll.
A change in the names.

Red Mage
30th Jun 2002, 03:00
I think it's a great name, but there is a "but" about it, It's a matter of getting used to it. :(

bugssy
1st Jul 2002, 02:00
i agree . the names just dont sound right do they. a change for the better.

iakovos
1st Jul 2002, 08:01
Well, if we CAN change the name of the forums, as previously suggested let's start the name giving.
I propose:
a. Commandos Saga
b. Commandos thrillogy
c. Commandos original Universe.

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 08:06
I think just plan old Commandos will do the job.

BTW I just noticed they myself and a few others have become Members already...when did think happen :confused: :confused: :confused:

How many posts do you need to become a member?

iakovos
1st Jul 2002, 08:09
Bahhh, we had plain old commandos before.
Time for a bIG change.
I guess after 35 messages or so.

Mike_B
1st Jul 2002, 08:34
You become a member when you have 30 posts but only see it after your 31 post or something like that.

bugssy
1st Jul 2002, 08:59
commanods saga, is a good one.

cause it pretty much is :D
:) :D ;)

Red Mage
1st Jul 2002, 19:25
well I'm almost there! but not really counting. ;) just a liitle bit more! but not really looking ahead. wait I just said, silly me am loosing it. :p

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 07:34
How bout "Classic Commandos" or "The curse of Commandos" :D

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 04:46
Commandos Saga "The Forgotten Heroes" :eek:

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 07:13
No No No how bout "the tempel of holy commandos"

Thorup
4th Jul 2002, 19:39
yeah commandos could become our religion.

our church is the barracks and our bible is the field manual or commandos manual for those who own a copied version of the game

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 06:58
I will say the same thing at commandos what I said about FF7

Commandos isnt game, its lifestyle:cool:

Aeternus
6th Jul 2002, 22:12
Actually Legacy gives the Commandos serie a godlike value + it bears the BEL & BCD spirit under its name. :D

Red Mage
6th Jul 2002, 22:31
What if we shake all the new names into a pot and stir it until it's ready then pour it on the thinking table to see what comes out of it. "Centenial Commandos"

Lugya
8th Jul 2002, 04:25
What if we shake all the new names into a pot and stir it until it's ready then pour it on the thinking table to see what comes out of it. "Centenial Commandos"

Hey Nel! :cool: I like the new name "Red Mage" I guess we lost all of are post count from the old ones even if we kept the name.

1shot1kill
8th Jul 2002, 18:27
New names please!

Ranger
11th Jul 2002, 17:49
"Commandos renegade" sounds good
or
"The Lair of commandos :p :D

1shot1kill
11th Jul 2002, 21:00
If they change it to commandos renegade westwood will sue them. :D

Why not just Behind enemy lines and Beyond the Call of Duty etc, not these weird names that got nothing to do with the games.

iakovos
11th Jul 2002, 22:35
It's got to be something spontaneous and extraordinary. BEL and BTCOD is something old, already used and should be disregarded as a contender...

PS. How about Commandos to infinity and beyond... :D

Longshot
11th Jul 2002, 23:28
Originally posted by iakovos
PS. How about Commandos to infinity and beyond... :D

That sounds like its gonna be going into the furture. Soon well be seeing Tiny with a ray gun or a hyper blaster. ;)

1shot1kill
12th Jul 2002, 02:16
Well, it should be a name we have seen before, not something nobody ever linked to commandos before.

iakovos
12th Jul 2002, 09:02
According to you then the "Commandos Legacy" name is something we have all seen before?

Ranger
12th Jul 2002, 09:23
How bout "the temple of Ranger-the holy commandos guru" :p

1shot1kill
12th Jul 2002, 13:16
Originally posted by iakovos
According to you then the "Commandos Legacy" name is something we have all seen before?

No, it's 1 of the names that was never linked to commandos before, a new name would be great but it should have something familiar that reminds you of commandos.

Xcom
12th Jul 2002, 17:51
I don't think they'll allow creative names such as "Commandos to infinity and beyond". It isn't directly assosiated with Commandos BEL and BTCOD while it SHOULD.
Also, "Commandos Saga" is not really a good name cuz saga is in my understanding, something that involves deep storyline (over multiple episodes). Commandos don't.

Personally, I think that Legacy is pretty good name.

Other original ideas: :rolleyes:

Commandos
Commandos Original
Commandos BEL & BTCOD

iakovos
18th Jul 2002, 15:21
Well, I do not see any connection between Commandos Legacy with commandos.
It sounds more like something of the past.
The "Commandos Making history" sounds more pleasant and accurate.

1shot1kill
18th Jul 2002, 18:40
Can't they just use the name of the games? That way everybody can be happy and it will stop new people with bad eyesight to post in the wrong forums.

iakovos
13th Aug 2002, 09:48
The idea of having new names is actually that... to have NEW names.

1shot1kill
13th Aug 2002, 10:34
Well, these names they got noware new, just giving the forums the names of the games that they belong too makes more sense than this.

iakovos
14th Aug 2002, 10:52
It's not us, the forum users that decided on the above names. Your suggestion is an old one nevertheless.