PDA

View Full Version : Sentinals are almost impossible to dodge at the moment

Guardian1uk
28th Oct 2015, 14:21
The reason for it, is the more experianced sentinal players have learnt to wait till almost the last second before using kidnap/abduct to avoid the sound you get when they use kidnap/abduct.
Also due to them using at the last second they also tend to still grab you if you manage to dodge as a human due to being able to circle back around before you can dodge again.
So when you run into a team of 3+ sentinals all with maxed out cooldown reduction enchants etc, you tend to end up with a shreaded human team unless their running scouts in very open areas and see the sentinals coming from a mile off.

I think sentinals need a sound when their diving even if their not using kidnap/abduct so that people have a better chance of being able to either react (hex shot, bolas etc) or be able to dodge.

akr0nym
28th Oct 2015, 16:39
nah everything is fine.

just use prophet with eldrige and watch them doing nearly zero dmg with their abduct/kidnap.

also, if they are able to grab you a lot, you served it because you did not dodge or predict their angle of attack
(it's not like sentinels spawn right next to you or can go totally invis, so you will nearly almost hear/see em coming)

PencileyePirate
28th Oct 2015, 20:37
Sentinels are actually pretty easy to dodge once you get the hang of it. You can even do it by sound without seeing them much of the time. If they're able to circle around and get you then you dodge-rolled in the wrong direction.

I think sentinals need a sound when their diving even if their not using kidnap/abduct so that people have a better chance of being able to either react (hex shot, bolas etc) or be able to dodge.

There's already a very obvious sound. Are you not hearing it?

Bragii
28th Oct 2015, 20:51
nah everything is fine.

just use prophet with eldrige and watch them doing nearly zero dmg with their abduct/kidnap.

also, if they are able to grab you a lot, you served it because you did not dodge or predict their angle of attack
(it's not like sentinels spawn right next to you or can go totally invis, so you will nearly almost hear/see em coming)

You still sure about that? :wave:

Blazzphemy
28th Oct 2015, 23:09
With people being very laggy and Sents show it more than others it can be hard to predict, topped with multiple issues with the Sentinels Screech not playing so you don't even hear him coming like you would everything else.

akr0nym
29th Oct 2015, 16:04
You still sure about that? :wave:

you mean, because you rekt me in a match when I was solo, haven't played for a couple of days and was a bit drunk whilst playing? and you were with 3 of your mates?

yes i am and besides i am okay with that ;)

Nosmer
29th Oct 2015, 19:37
You can dodge sentinel by simply walking a little to the side, all you need is to correctly time it. As a result sentinel ends up doing a full circle around you without doing any harm. I'm not a really good sentinel player, and I've seen a lot of people doing it. Also I saw lots of people rolling straight into my grab when I miss it.:rasp:

cmstache
30th Oct 2015, 02:54
Sentinel grabs are easier to grab than they used to be. That being said, it's also easier to dodge them and it locks them in an animation longer. It just comes down to skill and practice, sentinels are hard for newer players to counter, so you see them a lot. In high end play, it's hard to even fly without being killed, much less grab a human out of a group.

ButtCrusher
30th Oct 2015, 03:33
Sentinel grabs are easier to grab than they used to be. That being said, it's also easier to dodge them and it locks them in an animation longer. It just comes down to skill and practice, sentinels are hard for newer players to counter, so you see them a lot. In high end play, it's hard to even fly without being killed, much less grab a human out of a group.

What about hight ping birds who take you before your client play sound? Ping 200+, abduct direct from close roof to your face, and you catched withous any sound, you just see sentinel somewhere top of you and get catched without impact.

Heretic_13
30th Oct 2015, 07:26
What about hight ping birds who take you before your client play sound? Ping 200+, abduct direct from close roof to your face, and you catched withous any sound, you just see sentinel somewhere top of you and get catched without impact.

What about cheaters? You dodged to the side in right moment, and he still has you, even though moment ago he flew by you?

PencileyePirate
30th Oct 2015, 13:07
With people being very laggy and Sents show it more than others it can be hard to predict, topped with multiple issues with the Sentinels Screech not playing so you don't even hear him coming like you would everything else.

Just wanted to point out that you're both describing problems with the sound and net code, which is only a problem with birds because they're the ones affected. That is to say if lag-stuttering flight was smoothed out on receiving clients and the sound bug wasn't there ... there wouldn't be a problem at all.

akr0nym
30th Oct 2015, 14:10
Just wanted to point out that you're both describing problems with the sound and net code, which is only a problem with birds because they're the ones affected. That is to say if lag-stuttering flight was smoothed out on receiving clients and the sound bug wasn't there ... there wouldn't be a problem at all.

trve :D