PDA

View Full Version : poll

Thorup
29th Jun 2002, 11:52
Hey cool can members post polls!

that is so cool. never experienced that before.

so this is a off-topic then I wanna post about Game Cube, Xbox and PS2.

Mike_B
29th Jun 2002, 12:07
Originally posted by Thorup
Hey cool can members post polls!

that is so cool. never experienced that before.

so this is a off-topic then I wanna post about Game Cube, Xbox and PS2.

Yup and we can edit them, I added another option:cool: You may post this in the C2 forum it's not really OT. Going to move it!

iakovos
29th Jun 2002, 12:14
Commandos was, is and will be a PC Game.

Iakovos:)

David
29th Jun 2002, 14:41
well i dont have consoles so i dont realy care where it will be realized.

iakovos
29th Jun 2002, 17:32
It's the moral issue of the thingie...

Iakovos:)

Thorup
29th Jun 2002, 17:35
Hey @m. U can't just add a new option, without my approval :mad:

Longshot
29th Jun 2002, 20:39
I don't have any consoles either.

I agree with iakovos Commandos was ment for the pc, and it's doubtfull that a game like Commandos will do well on a console, simply because most people who own consoles are kids - teens, and most of them dont have the patients to play a game like Commandos.

If I was forced to get a console however I'd go for the X-box as it has the most potential of all the consoles out there.

Thorup
29th Jun 2002, 20:53
don't teens have the patience to play commandos??????

what about grown up people playing commandos.
where do they get the time to do it.....with all the studying, work, family etc.

iakovos
29th Jun 2002, 21:09
Time comes with patience and devotion... young people have neither... yet... young people under the age of 10 that is...

Iakovos:D

Longshot
29th Jun 2002, 21:23
don't teens have the patience to play commandos??????

what about grown up people playing commandos.
where do they get the time to do it.....with all the studying, work, family etc.

Maybe I made a mistake in saying kids and teens don't have the patients to play a game like Commandos. Some do but its seems that most don't.

Having played Commandos for just over 3 years, mostly online, I've played with a lot of people, some kids, some teens, some adults, but you can almost always tell what kinda of person your playing with by the way they play.

Kids seem to need approval from other players before they do something.

Most teens either like to wreck the game by planting a bomb and killing every other player or just by wasting the bomb. Or they like to go in guns blazing and shoot their way through.

Adults will take their time and think about a move before they do it...usually. They also like to find new ways to beat a mission, something to make it more interesting and increas the replay value. So these are the people I like to play with as this is the way I play.

With all this being said, there are a few exceptions, I've played with a few teens that were really good and would take their time, and not try to be showoffs.

Xcom
29th Jun 2002, 21:29
Hey @m. U can't just add a new option, without my approval :mad:

Yep, he can. Hehe. :D
Btw, what did he add?

tek9_56st
29th Jun 2002, 22:36
Well..first I'd like to thanx eidos for our new home kinda cool. It's like moving from the slums to beverly hills....LoLz. But anyway back o the subject, I own A console and I plan on owning anotha one. So If you're like me you grew up playing console games like the infamous nintendo and the somewhat new Playstation genre. So I'm used to them...I think some games are only fit for some places. Like commandos is only fit for pc and I think it would survivve on a console, but if I was to choose it would be Ps2...For I think it is the most dominant of the console warz. Just like certain games would only be good on console and not pc... Ty:cool:

Thorup
29th Jun 2002, 22:49
@m added none of them in my pool....and I can't edit it either.

Hey tek9_56st you should know that ps2 is the worst of all the three new consoles. It has the slowest processor and badest graphics. Maybe the best games, but that'll change when Perfect Dark Zero is published!

tek9_56st
29th Jun 2002, 22:59
Actually itz one of the best console, it's just not at full strength yet, but don't worry this year sony promises it will be at full strength, with it's online capabilities and all...you just wait and see. I'm suprised that the xbox has'nt crashed yet....I mean as you know history has shown that very few systems have stood the test of time only 2..hence Ps2 and Nintendo. So it's just a matter of time before the xbox commits another sega genesis act.:p

Longshot
30th Jun 2002, 02:09
Originally posted by tek9_56st
Actually itz one of the best console, it's just not at full strength yet, but don't worry this year sony promises it will be at full strength, with it's online capabilities and all...you just wait and see. I'm suprised that the xbox has'nt crashed yet....I mean as you know history has shown that very few systems have stood the test of time only 2..hence Ps2 and Nintendo. So it's just a matter of time before the xbox commits another sega genesis act.:p

The PS2 has the best titles out for thir console now, but in a few more months I see it going under to the Xbox, only because the Xbox has the fastest processor in it, best graphics card, etc. Also since all 3 systems are still pretty new, espically the xbox and gamecube, I'd expect better titles to come out for the xbox soon. Halo is doing very well and has sold over a million copies already, so if they keep getting games out like halo the xbox will be around for a while.

I thought that the GameCube had the slowest processor in it.

Saga Genesis was very sucessful in my day, so I think you ment Dreamcast not Gensis.

Saga has been very secessful in the past, but I agree the Dreamcast didn't do much in the gaming industry. Still Saga has been around a lot longer than Sony...at least in the gaming industry.

With all this being said I's still rather own a pc ;)

Red Mage
30th Jun 2002, 02:39
Hey I,ve seen this before can't remember from where but it looks good.

Longshot
30th Jun 2002, 03:18
Hey nel, I see you finally made it over to the new forum...welcome. I also see your using your Gamespy name ;)

Mike_B
30th Jun 2002, 08:14
@m added none of them in my pool....and I can't edit it either.

Only mods & admins can edit, I edited because you forgot an option. There wasn't a choice for people who don't want to see it on a console. Oh, and since members can't edit poll, if you made a mistake or think something should be added, let me or Xcom know and we'll fix it.

Thorup
30th Jun 2002, 10:14
Thanks @m

I want to make it clear that ps2 has the slowest processor then GC and fastest is Xbox.

I don't remember the mhz, but I think Xbox has 700.

tek9_56st
30th Jun 2002, 15:59
Are you guys listening???? I said that may be treu now but Ps2 has some big plans....like right now Sony is working on a upgrade that will make it stronger and like 100x faster. I read in a magazine that they are working ona Ps2. Gamecube and the xbox are'nt bad systems I just would'nt bail out on Ps2 yet, and yes Ps2 is new but look at the sucess they've had in the short time they've been out

Longshot
30th Jun 2002, 20:50
I believe the Xbox has a 733 mhz processor.

Right now the PS2 has the best games, and most titles of games right now. However I never heard anything about the Ps2 being upgraded to make it faster or better. And if they are doing this, are people really gonna want to go out and upgrade it?

Thorup
30th Jun 2002, 21:37
upgrades there will be for all the consoles.

I admit that ps2 currently has many good game titles, but GC hasn't even started yet.

tek9_56st
1st Jul 2002, 02:59
Try on of Psm magazines....I forget which issue it was, but I know I read it. They're working on an upgrade...Ps3 !!??!? I kid u not u may have not heard anything about it, but Listen wait and see in teh next 5 yrs you'll hear something. I just remembered this issue was talking abou the console wars...How Ps2 is dominating for you guys who refuse to believe it. But yes it's true...it's very true. And it may happen sooner than you think, why do you guys seem to believe that Ps2 will die? When statistics show that it is not in fact the weakest of the console. For what u say is based on opinions and not facts...I have facts, because I love all systems, and I own a pc. Which I hope to own a GC and maybe and xbox soon.....I personally think micrsoft should stick to PCs.:D

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 03:21
Try on of Psm magazines....I forget which issue it was, but I know I read it. They're working on an upgrade...Ps3 !!??!? I kid u not u may have not heard anything about it, but Listen wait and see in teh next 5 yrs you'll hear something. I just remembered this issue was talking abou the console wars...How Ps2 is dominating for you guys who refuse to believe it. But yes it's true...it's very true. And it may happen sooner than you think, why do you guys seem to believe that Ps2 will die? When statistics show that it is not in fact the weakest of the console. For what u say is based on opinions and not facts...I have facts, because I love all systems, and I own a pc. Which I hope to own a GC and maybe and xbox soon.....I personally think micrsoft should stick to PCs.:D

In the next 5 years all 3 companies will have new systems out I'm sure, and perhaps Saga might get back into the mix.

I don't think the PS2 sucks...its better than th GameCube, by far, but I'd rather get an xbox over a ps2.

You want facts...

The xbox has the fastest processor in it at 733 mhz, with 64MB of RAM http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,41826,00.html

While the ps2 has a 294 MHz processor, and sports 32 megabytes of RAM http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,39478,00.html

This means that the xbox can do far more things than the ps2, and in the long run the producers of games will be able to do a lot more with their games on the xbox.

I haven't seen anything thing on a PS3, so post a url and then we can have a better discusion.

tek9_56st
1st Jul 2002, 03:37
I'll do just that as soon as I find the PSM website. But also u gotta look at how Ps2 is mostly made for dvds and then trying to play high-res video games......come on now

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 04:37
Come on how many people use the Ps2 for dvd videos? like no one. The system was ment for games...if their using a dvd drive then that's their mistake.

tek9_56st
1st Jul 2002, 04:42
Well actally it was made for both purposes.....It plays DvDs, Ps2 games and reg. Ps games. How many systems u know do that and as the mhz it has and the graphics???? this sytems will be around 4 a while

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 04:46
Well actally it was made for both purposes.....It plays DvDs, Ps2 games and reg. Ps games. How many systems u know do that and as the mhz it has and the graphics???? this sytems will be around 4 a while

294 MHz processor, and sports 32 megabytes of RAM isn't much. Back when I had a P200 32 meg of RAM, it could barly run Commando BEL, so the PS2 is much better than my old PC.

Thorup
1st Jul 2002, 10:25
But GC is 33% more powerfull than ps2 which means that it can be made better games for it.

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 15:53
Yeah that's probally true but Nintendo seems to cater to kids I find. So they have more cartoonish games out there, and it not my thing anymore...it was maybe 10 years ago, but not now. ;)

Red Mage
1st Jul 2002, 20:21
Haha! that's what i used my PS2 only for viewing movies all my games are in standby.

"May whiskey marry the rat on the next C3":D

Thorup
1st Jul 2002, 22:03
maybe nintendo are mostly for kids, but those you can make a whole lot of money on:D

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 22:07
Yeah but for a gamer over the age of 12 the GC isn't very appealing.

10 years ago I would have went for Nintendo, but now I'd rather have something more realistic...hense I only use a PC now.

Saadak
1st Jul 2002, 22:09
OK.... the PS2 SUCKS!

I bought an Xbox for several reasons...

Graphics
Built-in Memory
Excellent Controller
Wonderful Games... such as Max Payne, Halo... and what of the upcoming games... well Grand Prix 4, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, MechAssualt, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz: World Racing (I'm trying to think of the rest of the games on my most wanted list), Medal of Honor: Frontline, Battlefield 1942, Stalingrad, etc...

You may be saying... "Some of these games came out on the PS2," well then, show me one game that came out for the Xbox and the PS2 that wasn't better on the Xbox...

tek9_56st
2nd Jul 2002, 01:45
How u gonna dogg out Ps2 like that.......You know what this is? This deja vue...simply history repeating it'z self

Sorry about that 1/2 post-reply. But back on subject....you 1-minded nintendyes and xbox fools...if u will. You guys rule out the the under-dog based on appearances alone and your opnions......Come on now I could name alot of good games for Ps2 that would fail on other systems, and plus the xbox is a newbie at that. Ps2 is more of a veteran than the xbox, I mean xcept for nintendo, because they have been around for a bit, but that still does'nt excuse the fact that Ps2 is truly superior. I mean what planet are you guys living on
This is a simple case of history repeating it self...I remember the infamous battle between nintendo and sega, and how sega was the under-dog and how I kept to my nintendo when people kept tellin' me that nintendo was gonna fall and that sega was superior and look where it its now.....console HELL!!!! Bwahaha!!! Sorry got a little carried away. but you guys no the story and that's the same thing thats happening now....mark my words....Ps2 shall rise to glory w/ xbox at his feet.:D

Just a few of Ps2 titles:

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
Syphon Filter 3
Shinobi
Tenchu 3
Madden 2003
Final Fantasy XI
Devil May Cry 2
Onimusha 3
Socom, Navy Seals
Dynasty Warriors 4
Tekken 4
Hitman2

And that's just a few there's more i just can't think of any.

I mean don't get me wrong I want some games for pc too :

C&C Generals
Age of Mythology

and as for the GC:

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil

and then there's the xbox:

Splinter Cell and some new Metal Gear solid sequel.

-edit-
4 posts in a row, impressive... Next time keep it in just one reply.

Thanks

Red Mage
2nd Jul 2002, 03:03
Well I didn't read all of that but I do agree that PS2 is better for me in console type of games like RPG and action and maybe others, PC only stradegy games. :cool:

tek9_56st
2nd Jul 2002, 03:04
xactly....Finally a sensible young man

Kristian
2nd Jul 2002, 09:16
What a stupid discussion!!
You all now that GC is the best anyway......
PS2 and DVD together is bull**** all the way...

If a man came and throw a PS2, a GC or a XBOX, and i only could pick one of them, i think i would take.......... not XBOX......... I think I would take the game Cube.........no...??
It's difficult, but I would take the Game Cube, yes......

Kristian

Now stop this discussion........:D

Yo Øyvind!!

Thorup
2nd Jul 2002, 18:00
No way we gonna stop. it's getting interessting now.

I want to tell you all that the GC is more mobile than the others. it is the smallest and uses only tiny, tiny mini-dvd cds. which is really cool.

Perfect Dark Zero is also comming. and that is a game none of you should miss;)

perfect dark has probably the best multiplayer ever on a console game. or had at least

Aeternus
2nd Jul 2002, 22:10
OHOH, there goes the old console vs pc topic ,..... but we all know that pc's beat consoles to the curb, dont we ? :D
I still prefer the pc community, I just use a ps2 with friends of mine when we play Madden,.... and yes a friend of mine is beta testing the online modem for the ps2, I guess they want to start the online gimmick. Anyways, they can bring consoles online,... I still dont picture myself typing and using a mouse on a coffee table. PC all the way babyyyyyyyy ............. :p

Red Mage
3rd Jul 2002, 03:51
Originally posted by Kristian
What a stupid discussion!!
You all now that GC is the best anyway......
PS2 and DVD together is bull**** all the way...

If a man came and throw a PS2, a GC or a XBOX, and i only could pick one of them, i think i would take.......... not XBOX......... I think I would take the game Cube.........no...??
It's difficult, but I would take the Game Cube, yes......

Kristian

Now stop this discussion........:D

Yo Øyvind!!

Oh please give me a break! :p If the man thru away the PS2 and the other's two also, he was probly testing you to see what shape and color you would pick. probly the GC and XBox broke anyways after he thrown them for you to pick them up.

P.S. I would have taken the PS2 even if I had one! The other's just left them there for someone else to use as a footstand. hehe ;)

Yahiko Li
3rd Jul 2002, 18:42
perfect dark has probably the best multiplayer ever on a console game.

Here's something interesting. I don't know about you, but I have always thought that Nintendo make the greates games for multiplayer, don't you think? Not as that bastard PS2, just make games for.... uhmmm.... why PS2 make games anyway?

Thorup
3rd Jul 2002, 18:43
I think that the man would not have tossed the GC, but only the two others

Yahiko Li
3rd Jul 2002, 18:46
right. I understand that he throw away his PS2, but why throwing a GC? I don't get it.

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 03:31
to be honest the only reason I give PS2 2 thumb up is because they are the only gamer industry that where thinking just like ordanary people. Let me explain why, I used to play Nintendo and I'm not saying that it was a bad console but what really got to me is once they went to Super Nintendo and after to nintendo 64 you weren't able to play your old games on the new system or they stop making games for them, so if you wanted to go back and play and old game you had to keep your old system or pull it out of storage that goes with Sega also. But the Sony didn't go that route they made a console that took the PS to another level where you can still play your old games on the new one plus play DVD and I bet the next one will even have access to internet. But Xbox is still new at the market and its not making it like PS was at the begining they are even giving them away free on the Radio, now why is that I have no clue but don't really care becuase it's not the console for me. I tryed it but I will stay with PS second to that would have been XBOX and last GC.

1shot1kill
8th Jul 2002, 22:29
Actually you could play your gameboy games on the nes and snes and you could play your nes games on the snes. You can even play gameboy games on the gameboy advanced and gameboy color.

I don't think that you will be able to play playstation 1 games on the next playstation (if there ever comes 1, i hope not) the thing that made it easier for sony was that they used cd's instead of cartridges, nintendo sticked to cartridges with the n64 because cartridges load much much faster than cd's so you would never have to with long to play. Now that the technology is fast enough nintendo moved to cd's too because they can almost match the speed of cartridges now and they are cheaper to make. Sony just has it easier now as it only had 1 console before and it used cd's so to maek the ps2 able to use ps1 games was not difficult for them, nintendo can do this too in the future. (so will microsoft but so it seems now there will not be a new xbox :D)

My vote would go to the gamecube as the games on nintendo consoles have always been of high quality and it had alot of games that were not finishable in just a few hours play as most of the playstation games are. I would not choose xbox either cos.. well, its microsoft, do i need to say more...? :rolleyes:

nuclear_bob
9th Jul 2002, 08:07
Let's not forget how much money microsoft is losing over the X-box.
It's all hype and conspiracy to draw people away from the much better PC

1shot1kill
9th Jul 2002, 10:31
Yeah, they only sold about 1/3rd the number of xbox's they expected to sell so far. :D

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
16th Feb 2003, 22:52
Time FOr Me To Butt in :)

Ok...A Great Title that is coming to the PS2 (exclusive, well and PC too) is Final Fantasy XI (it's an MMORPG) and so far i've only seen this being possible on a PS2, unfortunatly only people in japan can play it but it will surely hit the market in Europe and the Us in a year or two.

Reasons I don't really like nor do i endorce Xbox is because it's the cheapest pice of garbage i've seen in a long time, the only reason it's sold kind of well was because of Halo (this game was going to hit the PC market but never did,so far). Most of the games i've played on an Xbox are poo (some were excellent tho).
Plus the controllers on that thing are really dumb/clumsy.
Also while playing i've experienced typical Microsoft faults, as a "greenscreen" and just basic crashes. And of course the basic greed that comes with microsoft is also present. A great example is this ;
When you buy an Xbox you have a DvD-player that comes with it, BUT you can't use it until you pay extra for a little gadget or something that you put on so that you actually can view DvD movies

The only good thing about the Xbox is that it's competing with Ps2 and therefor the prices on both consoles are lower and that's about the only positive thing i see in the Xbox.

Post Scriptum.
Playstation 2 has so many more and better games then the Xbox, Ps2 will prevail :D

ragsy
7th Mar 2003, 02:21
Here is an idea for anyone who wishes to setup up a rack of servers to run a business

Count the number of services you need to run

Go out and buy that many Xbox's

Run RedHat 8 across all of them and run a service per box

DB's might struggle as well as storage server (Xbox only having 8Gb)

but otherwise in this setup you will have the cheapest and most powerful network on the market.... and better yet M$ loses $100 per Xbox...... Go Open Source Vs Monopolistic commercial opressors