PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking is a joke.

Phoenix4739
27th Oct 2015, 21:01
Me and my friends just ranked up to level 15, Finding it impossible to play against people that are rank 20... Why are we matched against people of such high ranking that are literally making it impossible to win a game, It really needs to be fixed so that we can enjoy the game instead of getting mad at it because of the poor match making.
Put us against the same ranks, so that we can play the game, And i know there is going to be a reply saying "If you want to get better you need to play against higher ranks". But the fact that we can only get one or two kills a game after we all stick together the entire time is a bit unfair.

Please fix your matchmaking so people can enjoy the game.

-Phoenix

SonixSquad
27th Oct 2015, 21:13
Are you playing ranked or unranked?

In all honesty, I don't think players under level 20 should be playing Ranked at all, but thats just my opinion.

I'm no master at this game but I do have 600+ hours of experience thats worth something.
Im currently Blood IV in Ranked. I do not care about getting to Eternal in the current state of the game, its just too dependent on not getting inexperienced players. Why they think trying to get a higher MMR player to balance a team of inexperienced players is a good idea, I will never understand. Its just annoying for everyone, new and old.

But to offer you a different perspective, I just quit a ranked match. It was my second ranked match this evening, the first one I finished (we lost).
My team in both matches seemed to consist of players who were... inexperienced.
The frustrating thing is we would have won both matches if they would have changed class to adapt but new players don't seem to get this critical point and when you ask them to change some players seem to take this as a comment on their ability. IT IS NOT. If an experienced player is suggesting you change class (without being a ****), its probably a good idea to listen to them especially if you're not actually doing that well.

I literally was yelling at my screen, then I realised it wasn't worth it and quit the match. I play this to have some competitive fun, I'm not a sadist.

\rant

moumia
28th Oct 2015, 00:00
Me and my friends just ranked up to level 15, Finding it impossible to play against people that are rank 20... Why are we matched against people of such high ranking that are literally making it impossible to win a game.

-Phoenix

10 level players against 40 is happening since BETA, trust me.

--Ram--
28th Oct 2015, 01:56
Me and my friends just ranked up to level 15, Finding it impossible to play against people that are rank 20... Why are we matched against people of such high ranking that are literally making it impossible to win a game, It really needs to be fixed so that we can enjoy the game instead of getting mad at it because of the poor match making.
Put us against the same ranks, so that we can play the game, And i know there is going to be a reply saying "If you want to get better you need to play against higher ranks". But the fact that we can only get one or two kills a game after we all stick together the entire time is a bit unfair.

Please fix your matchmaking so people can enjoy the game.

-Phoenix

There is basically no way that you will fill lobbies with only experienced, or only inexperienced players at the moment. And queue times are already a problem. This is the real problem, not the matchmaking. The game is very small. So unfortunately you will need to get used to playing against people much better than you.

ParadoxicalOmen
28th Oct 2015, 02:04
Nosgoth is very unkind to new players...

This is why i think devs should focus on making a training mode with bots, ASAP