PDA

View Full Version : Your Oppinions about the Endings (SPOILERS AHEAD )

TheFallingSoldier
25th Oct 2015, 00:23
Hello there to all Life is Strange fans ,

as written in the tille this thread should be discussing about the both endinds in the game.Befoe the main part , i just want to say that Life is strange is really one of my most beloved games in my entire game history and i think its just incredibly well written , also the characters are great and i dont know much bad points in this game.I bought the game and just said to myself "Maybe i will just play only one episode to see where this is going". I was totally wrong. This beatiful piece of art (sounds a bit chliche i know :D) just kept me at my computer the whole night from 11 p.m till 11 a.m because this story was so interesting and i couildnt wait when one episode was over to see what happens in the next one. This game has such a great impact on me and i somehow learned now how worth the youth is and how short it can be .Anyway enough of this i just want to say , even if i think this game is just outstanding i still have some problems with the ending(s).I will now talk about every ending ,explain it a little bit and tell you what i dont like about it.They are not totally bad like some other viedogame endings i just think they could have been better solutions (this should not sound insulting in any way ).

Ending no. 1 :SACRIFISING ARCADIA

So at my first playthrough i choose this ending because Chloe was such an important person for me and i just couldnt even think about what it would be if Max would live without Chloe.This choice really wasnt that hard for me and i choose very quick (a friend of me told that it took him about 26 minutes to decide ! but i can understand it ).
Then i saw how Max destroys the picture and so destroys any chance to save Arcadia. As they two then after the tornado drove through the destroyed town i thought "ok maybe they will now see if maybe anyone is still alive" but nope they just went straight on the road, then they just left Arcadia Bay and suddely blackscreen ,credits....
I was freezed at my seat and was stareing at the monitor with this one face , i could call it my "wtf just happend face".
I couldnt really believe that this would be one ending of such a fantatic game.For me this ending just was way to "short" and it opened more questions than it closed. For example where are they driving ? Nobody know ? Whats with all the people in Arcadia Bay ? Nobody knows ? I just thought what is this ending trying me to say . I really couldnt guess it. I was somehow confused and couldnt answer me all this questions.It felt "unfinished" to me but also i got to admit that we can now say that the devolopers intended that we just should find out our own ending. I will maybe discuss this in another thread but now its all about this. As a summ up of the two endings to choose , I didnt like this ending much , i liked the other ending more but also that has its critic points.I just couldnt deal with this first ending.

Ending no.2: SACRIFISE CHLOE

Now we come to the sadest part of the game for me.To see this ending i play only episode 5 again and it truely was hard for me choose this ending because i liked Chloe so much. But i knoew i had to see both endings , in the hope that this would be more satisfining . It truely was. In this one you have to sacrafise Choe to save Arcadia Bay and all that live in thhe city.Even if Chloe died in this one it felt more "happy" (happy sounds to good to be true, i just want to express that it was ok and i didnt felt dissapointed)about this ending. I got to admit now that also this better end has a bad point. I just dont think that Max could deal with the death of Chloe so easy as she did in the end sequence. I would have expected more crying and more emotional memic and gesture.They where friends since their childhood and now Max doesnt show any greater reactions than just one tear ? Even if she showed many emotions in the scene where she had to do the great decision she just cant stand there and cry one tear . Now i can only say that i liked this ending much more than the first one but also this one wasnt written that well.

Puh, so that was my oppinion about the endings and what i didnt liked about them. Quite some work to put those many thoughts i have about all this in words that make some sense.But...

NOW ITS YOUR TURN

Write now what you think about the ending, in which points you agree with me , in which you disagree and fell free to bring new points in this theme. Thank you for reading this thread and always write constructive critic im always free for great and freindly comments :) .

Greetings ,

TheFallingSoldier

Xeva-q
25th Oct 2015, 01:16
Killing Choe. With an evil laugter and big smile on my sinister face.

StrangerThanFiction
25th Oct 2015, 01:39
Hello there to all Life is Strange fans ,

as written in the tille this thread should be discussing about the both endinds in the game.Befoe the main part , i just want to say that Life is strange is really one of my most beloved games in my entire game history and i think its just incredibly well written , also the characters are great and i dont know much bad points in this game.I bought the game and just said to myself "Maybe i will just play only one episode to see where this is going". I was totally wrong. This beatiful piece of art (sounds a bit chliche i know :D) just kept me at my computer the whole night from 11 p.m till 11 a.m because this story was so interesting and i couildnt wait when one episode was over to see what happens in the next one. This game has such a great impact on me and i somehow learned now how worth the youth is and how short it can be .Anyway enough of this i just want to say , even if i think this game is just outstanding i still have some problems with the ending(s).I will now talk about every ending ,explain it a little bit and tell you what i dont like about it.They are not totally bad like some other viedogame endings i just think they could have been better solutions (this should not sound insulting in any way ).

Ending no. 1 :SACRIFISING ARCADIA

So at my first playthrough i choose this ending because Chloe was such an important person for me and i just couldnt even think about what it would be if Max would live without Chloe.This choice really wasnt that hard for me and i choose very quick (a friend of me told that it took him about 26 minutes to decide ! but i can understand it ).
Then i saw how Max destroys the picture and so destroys any chance to save Arcadia. As they two then after the tornado drove through the destroyed town i thought "ok maybe they will now see if maybe anyone is still alive" but nope they just went straight on the road, then they just left Arcadia Bay and suddely blackscreen ,credits....
I was freezed at my seat and was stareing at the monitor with this one face , i could call it my "wtf just happend face".
I couldnt really believe that this would be one ending of such a fantatic game.For me this ending just was way to "short" and it opened more questions than it closed. For example where are they driving ? Nobody know ? Whats with all the people in Arcadia Bay ? Nobody knows ? I just thought what is this ending trying me to say . I really couldnt guess it. I was somehow confused and couldnt answer me all this questions.It felt "unfinished" to me but also i got to admit that we can now say that the devolopers intended that we just should find out our own ending. I will maybe discuss this in another thread but now its all about this. As a summ up of the two endings to choose , I didnt like this ending much , i liked the other ending more but also that has its critic points.I just couldnt deal with this first ending.

It mostly boiled down to budget issues, time constraints, and expectations. They expected that people would be able to understand that Chloe and Max were together forever. I can understand them not kissing, but [for the sake of the audience] they should've put more hints that were obvious instead of stubble.

I mean, I just destroyed a town to be with Chloe. She better be with me for life.

So I can understand why people feel that this ending is unfinished. I am a person that like to make up a bunch of head-canons so this kind of ending is perfect for me. DON'T TELL ME EVERYHING! GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH!

Ending no.2: SACRIFISE CHLOE

Now we come to the sadest part of the game for me.To see this ending i play only episode 5 again and it truely was hard for me choose this ending because i liked Chloe so much. But i knoew i had to see both endings , in the hope that this would be more satisfining . It truely was. In this one you have to sacrafise Choe to save Arcadia Bay and all that live in thhe city.Even if Chloe died in this one it felt more "happy" (happy sounds to good to be true, i just want to express that it was ok and i didnt felt dissapointed)about this ending. I got to admit now that also this better end has a bad point. I just dont think that Max could deal with the death of Chloe so easy as she did in the end sequence. I would have expected more crying and more emotional memic and gesture.They where friends since their childhood and now Max doesnt show any greater reactions than just one tear ? Even if she showed many emotions in the scene where she had to do the great decision she just cant stand there and cry one tear . Now i can only say that i liked this ending much more than the first one but also this one wasnt written that well.

Puh, so that was my oppinion about the endings and what i didnt liked about them. Quite some work to put those many thoughts i have about all this in words that make some sense.But...

NOW ITS YOUR TURN

Write now what you think about the ending, in which points you agree with me , in which you disagree and fell free to bring new points in this theme. Thank you for reading this thread and always write constructive critic im always free for great and freindly comments :) .

Greetings ,

TheFallingSoldier

I went through collectible mode to see this sequence. My main problem is this

-We went back in time to fix a problem that we used with time powers; so, in scientific explanation (correct me if I'm wrong. Feel free to.) it creates a paradox.

I, for one, don't believe that Chloe's death was what caused the tornado; the snow is more believable. I believe that it was Max interfering with time so much is what caused it. The snow, eclipse, beached whales, and two moons were all signs that she was taking it a bit too far. But the game had a set path that was "Chloe has to die". We see it all over to "just let her go", "this is bigger than you", and the like.

Long story short, I believe this was the set path from the beginning. The only reason they created the other ending was because they saw how people were reacting; from EP 1, if it were to be that way. "We saved Chloe, but the only way to prevent the tornado is to let her die?! REALLY?!"

I also feel like there's more to the story though. This is an small indie developer based in Paris. They don't have the necessary funds to do much, so they have to go through big publishers (Square Enix), and they have a huge amount of creative control since it is THEIR money that they're investing into someone else's product. I feel like if Dontnod was a bigger indie developer (or if Remember Me had more sales than it generated), Dontnod probably would've had a little more say so in what they wanted their story to be. (I think some Steam users have found some evidence that there was supposed to be originally eight episodes. I'm not sure how valid that is).

I don't have any problem with either ending. I've read so many books/watched so many tv shows/movies and come to realize....almost everything is predictable. The underdog wins/loses, fated events, etc. It's more of HOW it happens rather than the WHAT; which is what most stories are trying to go after these days (how successfully/poorly executed they are is a different story).

I do tend to agree with the majority on most things, but the ending I tend to agree less with. Yes, I believe there should be an expansion (if time and money permits). No, I don't believe they are terrible (I've seen/read some terrible endings. I have also seen/read some terrible writing too and IMO; LiS doesn't fit in any of those categories. I believe it was fairly well writing. Not the best writing; per say, but it makes my top ten list.)

Sorry for the rambling.

MeteoricDragon
30th Oct 2015, 04:05
I don't buy it. I don't believe that Max caused the tornado by saving Chloe. You can't conjure weather by saving someone's life. You theoretically could mess up many things if you could rewind time. It makes no sense that Chloe has to die because rewinding time won't fix damage caused by rewinding time.

There is no such thing as destiny. Destiny says "There is no hope." People have free will, and destiny cannot coexist with free will. Chloe isn't destined to die through some kind of universal auto-correction.

The choice was obvious to me, to save Chloe.

Tataboj
30th Oct 2015, 07:29
We went back in time to fix a problem that we used with time powers; so, in scientific explanation (correct me if I'm wrong. Feel free to.) it creates a paradox.
Nono. Max went through the photo to her self, so there is only one Max present, not two like the time machine would have done. Look at it in linear perspective. She went to the bathroom, washed her face, took a photo of a butterfly, and then the Friday self took the place of her mind, changed something and an alternate reality was created. It makes sense, there are no paradoxes when traveling through photos.