PDA

View Full Version : Bulwark

Lugenbrau
23rd Oct 2015, 15:25
No longer knocks Vampires down. Instead, it impedes their movement; preventing Vampires from penetrating into the storm.
This includes Sentinels who can no longer approach from above -from todays patch notes

Which apparently means Sentinels landing right next to you when Bulwark is active.

It no longer repels heavy or special attacks.

It's too weak now, you should just have removed the knockdown effect and given it full cooldown regardless of usage or perhaps made it a toggle skill, like a damage reduction aura you could use other skills with.

PS. My first post so I'll just throw in that I'm loving the game. This is the best f2p game I've ever played. Excellent gfx and fast paced gameplay.

River_
23rd Oct 2015, 18:39
The time between the sentinel landing and him being able to attack, he should be pushed outside already. Furthermore, you have reduced damage, so one melee strike should only deal 90 damage (if it comes from a sentinel). So lets see how it plays out, and not start raging when they just did what everybody asks, shall we? :)

Lugenbrau
23rd Oct 2015, 20:02
The time between the sentinel landing and him being able to attack, he should be pushed outside already. Furthermore, you have reduced damage, so one melee strike should only deal 90 damage (if it comes from a sentinel). So lets see how it plays out, and not start raging when they just did what everybody asks, shall we? :)

Yes I was clearly raging.

You're more or less repeating what I said.

The damage mitigating component was not changed, neither did my post address that, it still feels weak.

I know your patronizing tone probably makes you feel superior, but I still don't think the current Bulwark is what everybody was asking for.

River_
23rd Oct 2015, 20:20
Yes I was clearly raging.

You're more or less repeating what I said.

The damage mitigating component was not changed, neither did my post address that, it still feels weak.

I know your patronizing tone probably makes you feel superior, but I still don't think the current Bulwark is what everybody was asking for.

Well, people were complaining constantly about the fact that it knocked the vampires down, and they removed that, so at least it is a step in the right direction... And yeah, you seemed to be raging. I mean, have you tried it out in game? Fully charged attack still don't go through it, and special attacks get their damage reduced, so they should not be a big deal. Also, if you feel I was patronizing you, I am sorry, that was not my intention. :)

Expire91
24th Oct 2015, 17:26
Hi guys, I had an idea to improve/change the ability of 'Bulwark'. My idea is like a warcry shout ability:

Cast time: 1 second (ability key pressed)
Radius: 400
Damage: None
Effect against opponents: Knockdown
Effect against allies: 50% damage reduction taken for 3 seconds
Effect on yourself: Shield block is refilled to 100%
Cooldown: 25 seconds

So no more channeling, just single uses. What do you think guys?

Ygdrasel
24th Oct 2015, 20:38
Hi guys, I had an idea to improve/change the ability of 'Bulwark'. My idea is like a warcry shout ability:

...Really? You don't think a single key press doing all of that is...I dunno, ridiculous? Nobody would ever use anything else.

TheDreamcrusher
24th Oct 2015, 21:02

That's too many effects. You get one strong one or two moderate ones. It's only really interesting if there's an unintentional tactical use of the ability, which unfortunately most of the human side lacks, which itself makes the human side boring.