PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes – 23rd October 2015

Oghamsmith
23rd Oct 2015, 14:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPrkhYfWwAE4sCo.jpg:large

Today's update focuses on a game mode improvement, and addressing quite a few bugs.

Capture the Body – More Varied Bodies
Slaughtering players around the globe with wanton abandon is a ton of fun. Little is more satisfying than draining the last drops of life from a once vibrant body.

Some players want to have a physical objective to fight for WHILE participating in that aforementioned sucking. One of the options we have for those players is Capture the Body, and today’s patch introduces a change that encourages a greater diversity of strategic play.

Teams of 4 (players using the same class) are no more
A new class cap system has been developed for the Capture the Body mode. This system will ensure that your team comprises of a maximum of 2 of the same classes, thereby ensuring that a larger number of roles are filled within the team.

When you log into a game, you will still be able to select any of the classes that you have unlocked, to apply loadout changes. However you will only be able to spawn with it if there are few than 2 players on your team already using it.

Improvements & Bug Fixes
Bulwark:

No longer knocks Vampires down. Instead, it impedes their movement; preventing Vampires from penetrating into the storm.
This includes Sentinels who can no longer approach from above

Shadow Step:

Shadow Step once again carries momentum until you land on the ground

TDM Scoreboard:

The number of kills each team needs in order to win is now shown above the minimap

Match Completion for 4 Vs 0:

Should a match become 4 Vs 0, the match will automatically finish and the team of 4 will be granted the win

Epic performances no longer blow the League tab out of the game at the end of a match. You should be able to see your League results much more reliably at the end of the game.
The full leaver penalty is applied to players who are kicked for being AFK in unranked matches
Scholarly types, as well as those who like to regularly check their League progress, will be happy to hear that the end of match review screens have been fixed and should now display correctly; with enough time to view everything
A number of skin previews in the game menu now display their special effects more accurately
The death information screen no longer displays a grey box for damage dealt by players other than your killer
The reconnect button now displays more consistently
Connection loss while playing the Tutorial no longer causes the Nosgoth client to fling itself headfirst into a tree
Rank 50 players will no longer experience the XP acquisition animation & audio. They are already at the top. It’s not possible to be anymore badass.
Stability improvements for rare crashes have been made to the game
An issue with Exalted Chest description fields being too small has been fixed
Expired boosters no longer play the boost animation and audio

Known Issues:

Under certain conditions, the League tab in the game menu will cause your game to crash. You can still play League matches from the Online tab. Ranking up or down will fix this.

Varulven
23rd Oct 2015, 14:26
Improvements & Bug Fixes
Bulwark:

No longer knocks Vampires down. Instead, it impedes their movement; preventing Vampires from penetrating into the storm.
This includes Sentinels who can no longer approach from above

Shadow Step:

TDM Scoreboard:

The number of kills each team needs in order to win is now shown above the minimap

Match Completion for 4 Vs 0:

Should a match become 4 Vs 0, the match will automatically finish and the team of 4 will be granted the win

Epic performances no longer blow the League tab out of the game at the end of a match. You should be able to see your League results much more reliably at the end of the game.
The full leaver penalty is applied to players who are kicked for being AFK in unranked matches
Scholarly types, as well as those who like to regularly check their League progress, will be happy to hear that the end of match review screens have been fixed and should now display correctly; with enough time to view everything
A number of skin previews in the game menu now display their special effects more accurately (1)
The death information screen no longer displays a grey box for damage dealt by players other than your killer
The reconnect button now displays more consistently
A number of skin previews in the game menu now display their special effects more accurately (2)
Connection loss while playing the Tutorial no longer causes the Nosgoth client to fling itself headfirst into a tree
Rank 50 players will no longer experience the XP acquisition animation & audio. They are already at the top. It’s not possible to be anymore badass.
Stability improvements for rare crashes have been made to the game

;)

Oghamsmith
23rd Oct 2015, 14:30
;)

YOU SAW NOTHING!!!!

(thx m8 :) )

RainaAudron
23rd Oct 2015, 14:33
Glad to hear that 4v0 issue has been fixed! Happy about bulwark and shadow step as well :)

Varulven
23rd Oct 2015, 14:33
No problem :D

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2015, 14:34
I like the change to the bulwark. I actually thought it worked like that to begin with, so it's no wonder it seemed OP. I've not used it myself yet, but it did feel like it was recharging too quickly. It might feel differently when actually using it myself, so the change to have it repel instead of knock down is probably enough for now.

Da_Wolv
23rd Oct 2015, 14:45
So ranked is still not done yet :(
Ah well, at least Bulwark is fixed...

akr0nym
23rd Oct 2015, 14:51
So ranked is still not done yet :(
Ah well, at least Bulwark is fixed...

http://i.imgur.com/ikBv6FV.jpg

;)

no srsly, thanks for the update. I'd love to see 'em weekly :worship:

EDIT:
Hold it, 4vs0 does effect leagues, right? :scratch:

Dron1508
23rd Oct 2015, 14:56
http://i.imgur.com/qTdFo9Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8Zdbew2.jpg

Oghamsmith
23rd Oct 2015, 15:00
akr0nym, it does indeed affect Leagues too.

Dron1508, yup; we see that and are looking into it now.

Ysanoire
23rd Oct 2015, 15:04
So when will CtB be open again?

Nosmer
23rd Oct 2015, 15:05
Best. Change. Ever. Thank you.

Louves
23rd Oct 2015, 15:06
YOU SAW NOTHING!!!!

The TDM Scoreboard Update displays an incorrect string in all langauges other than English

*cough* talking about seeing things *cough*
sorry D:

On topic: I like the fixes/changes to Bulwark. That stun when you hit that tornado with a charging Tyrant was too much and got me killed quite some times :P

--Ram--
23rd Oct 2015, 15:33
Patches are good and all, but it would be great not to have to download a 1.8Gb patch, then another 2.0Gb patch 30 minutes later, just to change some minor things.

Oghamsmith
23rd Oct 2015, 15:51
Thanks for your patience with us while we deploy this second hotfix.

The primary fix was for the Russian text string issue. The game defaults to English now for Russian players.

We have also fixed the issue whereby the new "Kills Left To Win" section of the scoreboard above the minimap displayed odd strings in French and German.

An issue with Exalted Chests description field being too small has been fixed.

Expired boosters no longer show the boost animation.

River_
23rd Oct 2015, 18:24
Thanks for the update. Can't wait for new ones that will further help progress Nosgoth to the diamond it has the potential to be :D

Btw, summoner abyssal bolt seems fixed.. but why do the patch notes not mention it? (just curious. The buildup seems to work, though it looks as it takes half a second to realize: ooh, there is a human, I should start hurting him)

kLauE187
23rd Oct 2015, 18:45
summoner abyssal bolt seems fixed.. but why do the patch notes not mention it? (just curious. The buildup seems to work, though it looks as it takes half a second to realize: ooh, there is a human, I should start hurting him)
It still doesn't work properly. I got no dmg earlier.
Also shadow-step feels worse then it was 2 patches ago. The air-time is still way to long and definetely not reverted like it was.

Sirfy1
23rd Oct 2015, 19:18
I enjoy this update, thank you!

I really like the humor you put into the patch notes ;)

SirRudyMan
23rd Oct 2015, 20:21
My whole team left the match, in the chat screen it said it's safe to leave the match without getting a penalty, so I leave and when I logged back in to Nosgoth after 30min I got a penalty... I even waited 2min before leaving the match, just to make sure... but I still got a penalty!

...why? This is really confusing :(

riccetto80
24th Oct 2015, 09:04
what is the logic in limit the class at 2, but only when people change class? but allow take how many class you want at start of match?

or you really limit the class, or you dont, like this is in the middle.

just play a match where enemy was 4 scout, because they choose all scout at start of match, gg.

vampirelucky
24th Oct 2015, 12:59
For people that cannot read long texts:

Class limit is ONLY for Capture the Body matches!

Farnbeak
24th Oct 2015, 13:38
Also shadow-step feels worse then it was 2 patches ago. The air-time is still way to long and definetely not reverted like it was.

^THIS
The airtime is not just longer than it was, you literally float in the air begging for potshots if you directed it at least a bit upwards (and you do point it upwards usually). Thats a considerable negative change to the reaver class.

Before these changes you body felt more solid and heavy as a physical object should - after you turned physical, so the trajectories made sense. Now it feels like you were physical all the way - just a body tossed out of a cannon from the very start. Not a blood and muscle body, but a thick cotton ball body :hmm:
Gravity just doesn't affect you as strong as it did, so thats why body feels less solid.

Not only it does weaken the reaver class, the flight inertia and trajectory just doesn't feel 'right'/not one bit realistic in any way.
Please revert!

-Achilleas-
24th Oct 2015, 17:25
Since I play Nosgoth, there was no update or even known issue mentioned about stucked minions or deceiver illusions that stays frozen on one place all the match! It seems this bug appears very often since I started asking around my friendlist.

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/3089/IrreXz.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/39/wiBq6n.jpg

you can't walk, shoot or dodge through them sometimes...this bug is at least 8 months old!!!

Ygdrasel
24th Oct 2015, 19:25
the flight inertia and trajectory just doesn't feel 'right'/not one bit realistic in any way.

realistic

^_^ Hello! My name is Raziel! I was a warrior priest who became a vampire
who became a wraith after growing dragon wings. Now I travel through time
killing demons and stuff! ...Are you my daddy?

http://orig04.deviantart.net/2faa/f/2008/190/2/6/chibi_raziel_2_by_nekomelchiah.jpg

PencileyePirate
27th Oct 2015, 16:02

This is wrong, or momentum has been significantly decreased. Any shadow steps that aren't purely horizontal have next to no momentum.

SonixSquad
27th Oct 2015, 20:58
This is wrong, or momentum has been significantly decreased. Any shadow steps that aren't purely horizontal have next to no momentum.

I can confirm this.
Also the horizontal ShadowStep range seems to have increased a bit.

I don't mind too much about the vertical momentum not being there because if I'm going (vertically) up rather than horizontally away, I usually don't want to travel a great distance. But you are a slight sitting duck now. I guess someone thought Shadowstep was too easy an exit and required a bit of a risk factor, which I think feels about right.

I would still love to be able to cancel the Shadowstep for shorter travels with a reduced cooldown.

senjuj
28th Oct 2015, 10:19
to be able to cancel the Shadowstep for shorter travels with a reduced cooldown.
no or all self-buffs (haste, enrage, ignore pain, d.shield, shroud etc) can be cancelled with saved cd. or self-buffs with no attack (evasion, shadow step, ignore pain, d.shield).