PDA

View Full Version : "You should have paid more attention. There were clues all along." *SPOILERS

Tataboj
23rd Oct 2015, 14:03
In the Dark Room, Jefferson said something like "There were clues all along." Can somebody tell me where? From my view, all the clues about Jefferson people brought were just paranoid and unfounded. For example, the fact that he teaches about the contrast of black and white isn't a clue about him being a psychopath taking pictures of innocent people. Also not everyone taking photos or making drawings has these issues. So, if you found some clues, bring them on.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 14:13
I think not clues he is a psycho but that he is involved in it deeper thant it looks. At my playthroug (kate dies) the following comes up:

-> before the class he talks to her and she is very very sad / dissapointed about it
Later you learn that he manipulate her to jump
-> after that you can talk to him and he states something like that "...Kate wasn´t like Rachel..."
Sure Kate -> churchy Rachel -> punk but how he says it you can hear there is more in it a hidden truth later you know it better
-> during the hearing at principal wells office he helps nathan out before he does some more damage
...kids need a break...lets do it later...or something like that

I think there are more such points but I dont remember it yet.

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 14:37
Literally nothing in Jefferson's story makes any sense.

Why Nathan was aware of coming storm?

If Jefferson wanted to kill Nathan why he reported that to him beforehand?

When Nathan learned that Jefferson were going to kill him, why he did not just flee? He have a car, for god sake!

What need Jefferson had in killing Nathan? Before he killed Chloe, he had almost no reason to worry. After all, he did not killed anyone and that would be almost impossible to prove that he is the one behind those photos, since all string leads right up to Nathan.

But wait, he saw anything that happened in the dark room. He knew that Chloe and Maxine were going to kill Nathan. Why not just let them do just that?

Why Nathan's message was never delivered?

Why the HELL Nathan father even gave his money for that nonsense?

Whith all that in mind, do you honestly think that Jefferson's line means anything?

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 15:12
In the Dark Room, Jefferson said something like "There were clues all along." Can somebody tell me where? From my view, all the clues about Jefferson people brought were just paranoid and unfounded. For example, the fact that he teaches about the contrast of black and white isn't a clue about him being a psychopath taking pictures of innocent people. Also not everyone taking photos or making drawings has these issues. So, if you found some clues, bring them on.

I have to disagree with the whole fact that most of the clues were based on "paranoia" or they were "unfounded." Mainly because I went back to look for clues AFTER playing EP 4.

~"I can put anyone of you in the corner and capture you in a moment of desperation." ~Photos of Kate and Rachel proved that in EP 4.

~ The contrast of black and white alludes to his style of photography (his work is displayed in some parts around Blackwell). Also photos of Kate and Rachel proved that in EP 4.

"If you had paid attentions in my lectures, then you would have seen this coming."

(Nods to the only lectures that we heard as well).

~ You find the duct tape in his room when creating the "bomb". There is also duct tape in The Dark Room. (Why on Earth would a teacher need to carry DUCT TAPE? I can understand just normal tape for putting up pictures/posters/etc, but DUCT Tape?)

~ Did you happen to rewind to catch all of Jefferson's conversation with Kate? It wasn't all that friendly. In fact, he was trying to place all the blame on her.

~ Principal Wells also points out how Jefferson SHOULD HAVE known something was going on with Kate since she has assisted him in class.

~ The phone conversation before class in Episode 2 also didn't sound too friendly. Most likely he was on the phone with Sean Prescott.

~ His tone all throughout EP 4 was a HUGE indicator. He seemed TOO awkward when Max told him that they were looking for Nathan.

There are probably many minuscule details that we may have missed. There are clues there, we just have to go through the episodes with a fine comb.

Dire87
23rd Oct 2015, 15:32
Things he says...which come off as pretty creepy thinking about it now. There is even a flash back scene in episode 5. Something about capturing someone when they are at their most vulnerable or sth like that.

Tataboj
23rd Oct 2015, 15:36
I have to disagree with the whole fact that most of the clues were based on "paranoia" or they were "unfounded." Mainly because I went back to look for clues AFTER playing EP 4.

~"I can put anyone of you in the corner and capture you in a moment of desperation." ~Photos of Kate and Rachel proved that in EP 4.

~ The contrast of black and white alludes to his style of photography (his work is displayed in some parts around Blackwell). Also photos of Kate and Rachel proved that in EP 4.

"If you had paid attentions in my lectures, then you would have seen this coming."

(Nods to the only lectures that we heard as well).

~ You find the duct tape in his room when creating the "bomb". There is also duct tape in The Dark Room. (Why on Earth would a teacher need to carry DUCT TAPE? I can understand just normal tape for putting up pictures/posters/etc, but DUCT Tape?)

~ Did you happen to rewind to catch all of Jefferson's conversation with Kate? It wasn't all that friendly. In fact, he was trying to place all the blame on her.

~ Principal Wells also points out how Jefferson SHOULD HAVE known something was going on with Kate since she has assisted him in class.

~ The phone conversation before class in Episode 2 also didn't sound too friendly. Most likely he was on the phone with Sean Prescott.

~ His tone all throughout EP 4 was a HUGE indicator. He seemed TOO awkward when Max told him that they were looking for Nathan.

There are probably many minuscule details that we may have missed. There are clues there, we just have to go through the episodes with a fine comb.

And that's it. You were looking for the clues after Ep 4, so you were biased and you were interpreting things differently than you did for the first time. When you see a duct tape, you wouldn't say: "Oh God, this guy is a complete sociopath!" Plus anybody could have brought it there, including Nathan.

I could také anyone of you in the corner and capture you in the moment of desperation.
He was actually talking about Diane Arbus's view on the world, how she saw humanity as tortured. And he actually said it is bull**** and that what if she chose to capture them in their happy moments. The other things are actually a good indicator but still, if I were Max, I really didn't think about him anything just because these things.

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 15:56
And that's it. You were looking for the clues after Ep 4, so you were biased and you were interpreting things differently than you did for the first time. When you see a duct tape, you wouldn't say: "Oh God, this guy is a complete sociopath!" Plus anybody could have brought it there, including Nathan.
I could také anyone of you in the corner and capture you in the moment of desperation.
She was actually talking about Diane Arbus's view on the world, how she saw humanity as tortured. And he actually said it is bull**** and that what if she chose to capture them in their happy moments. The other things are actually a good indicator but still, if I were Max, I really didn't think about him anything just because these things.

Only to confirm what I had figured out. I was already thinking Jefferson towards the end of EP 3. (I had went back through 1 and 2 several times before hand after EP 3. The lectures were just icing on the cake that I linked afterwards.)

And he wasn't talking about Dinar Arbus at that point. Sure he was alluding to her, but he was talking about how he could do the same thing.

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 16:13
And he wasn't talking about Dinar Arbus at that point. Sure he was alluding to her, but he was talking about how he could do the same thing.
do your home work.

Why on Earth would a teacher need to carry DUCT TAPE?
I was a teacher. I had a duck tape. Kidnapped no one.

Tataboj
23rd Oct 2015, 16:14
Only to confirm what I had figured out. I was already thinking Jefferson towards the end of EP 3. (I had went back through 1 and 2 several times before hand after EP 3. The lectures were just icing on the cake that I linked afterwards.)

Yeah, I think you are right.

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 16:41
do your home work.

I have done my homework, still have some to do; but I'll get it done. EVENTUALLY! [Those college papers will NOT write themselves. No matter how much I beg.]

Now on the case of telling me about how I should "do my homework" on Jefferson's lecture. I might not have it down word for word, but he was saying that he could do the exact same thing. "I could put anyone of you in the corner and capture you in a moment in desperation." He was NOT directly talking about what Diane Arbus did, he had already covered that just seconds after Victoria talked about Diane Arbus. He was talking about how he COULD DO the exact same thing as her (I don't exactly remember if it was before or after he said "but frankly that's bull.")

I was a teacher. I had a duck tape. Kidnapped no one.

Good for you! No, seriously; good for you.

My point was how that I cannot see a teacher; a photography teacher at a private school, needing to have duct tape for anything. Now, if it was just regular clear plastic tape, I wouldn't have batted an eye. However, this was duct tape. Why would Jefferson need to have duct tape, in his classroom, at a private school which is funded by one of the richest people in town?

It just doesn't make any sense to me why he would need some duct tape; even if it was to fix something. I'm pretty sure Samuel wouldn't mind helping out. It might make sense to you, but it rubs me in the wrong way.

Then again, I generally have a mistrust of people that kind of give me that vibe that there's something more going on than what meets the eye.

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 17:10
I have done my homework, still have some to do; but I'll get it done. EVENTUALLY! [Those college papers will NOT write themselves. No matter how much I beg.]

Now on the case of telling me about how I should "do my homework" on Jefferson's lecture. I might not have it down word for word, but he was saying that he could do the exact same thing. "I could put anyone of you in the corner and capture you in a moment in desperation." He was NOT directly talking about what Diane Arbus did, he had already covered that just seconds after Victoria talked about Diane Arbus. He was talking about how he COULD DO the exact same thing as her (I don't exactly remember if it was before or after he said "but frankly that's bull.")

O. My. God.
I have to explain meaning of simple words to you, don't i? Oh well. poor me.

Jefferson said that view of Diane Arbus is bull****. Why? Because anyone can do it. Because it too easy and too obvious.

There are literally no other meaning to his words.

However, this was duct tape. Why would Jefferson need to have duct tape

To pack a box. I used it that way.

KristaD
23rd Oct 2015, 17:13
Jeez, are you some kind of control freak or something ? Maybe just let people discuss their ideas/though without trolling all over the place eh ?

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 17:20
Jeez, are you some kind of control freak or something ?
yep.

Maybe just let people discuss their ideas/though without trolling all over the place eh ?
nope.

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 17:26
O. My. God.
I have to explain meaning of simple words to you, don't i? Oh well. poor me.

Jefferson said that view of Diane Arbus is bull****. Why? Because anyone can do it. Because it too easy and too obvious.

There are literally no other meaning to his words.

Whenever you deal with a mystery, you have to look at other interpretations of words and sayings. I am not denying that he was saying that ANYONE could do that. But you have to take into account of several other factors: Body language, tone of voice, etc..

Maybe it's because I'm a bit biased. I am a Behavioral Science Major (Psychology/Sociology mixed for those that don't know) so I automatically try to look at stuff whenever something doesn't fit into my scheme of things. I try to take into account of other factors at play.

1) There was a student missing. (Rachel Amber)

2) There was a rumor going around that Rachel and Jefferson had hooked together. (You get this information from other students).

3) Jefferson strikes me as a very odd person (and not the good kind of odd to begin with).

4) The last thing that Rachel told Chloe was that she found someone she connected with and then vanished (now she could've meant Frank as well, that's kind of a gray area for me).

The thing is; whenever you deal with mystery (whether in a game or a novel), you can't always take things at face value. You might not see other meanings to his words, but that does not mean that there can't be.

To pack a box. I used it that way.

It was found by the printer. There is also a lack of boxes in his room; nor did I see ANY boxes around his room at the time that we collected the duct tape or any time before that.

UNLESS HE'S HIDING THE BOXES IN SAMUEL'S ROOM!

*Stares at Samuel.* I'm keeping my eyes on you mister! And your little squirrels too!

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 17:42
The thing is; whenever you deal with mystery (whether in a game or a novel), you can't always take things at face value. You might not see other meanings to his words, but that does not mean that there can't be.

well, yes, you can say that. but early you said this:

when, in fact, he never did. And he, in fact, was talking about Diane Arbus. So it drive me into a little confusion.

It was found by the printer. There is also a lack of boxes in his room; nor did I see ANY boxes around his room at the time that we collected the duct tape or any time before that.

Okay. Then i have a question to you. Clearly he could not use it for maniac purposes outside the dark room. So, if he bring that duck tape in the classroom, he done it clearly because of school purposes and it does not matter what kind of maniac he is.

Why he bring duck tape in the classroom in the first place?

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 17:53
well, yes, you can say that. but early you said this:

when, in fact, he never did. And he, in fact, was talking about Diane Arbus. So it drive me into a little confusion.

I will admit fault in that. I was typing that on my phone. I can hardly ever think straight when I type on my phone. (Sorry for the miscommunication).

Okay. Then i have a question to you. Clearly he could not use it for maniac purposes outside the dark room. So, if he bring that duck tape in the classroom, he done it clearly because of school purposes and it does not matter what kind of maniac he is.

Why he bring duck tape in the classroom in the first place?

I would say it was by accident. He probably didn't notice that he brought it with him to class (and a good thing too because we couldn't have broke into Principal Wells office. When he realized that he was missing something, he probably thought that he just ran out of it or misplaced it; and then proceeded to buy some more (the cost of duct tape isn't really that high, is it?).

Of course there could be a lot of reasons WHY he brought it in the first place (you already mentioned that he could be packing boxes. Could be possible, but clearly he intended other purposes for it. If it wasn't for that placement, we wouldn't have gotten the duct tape for the pipe bomb.) I'm opened to other reasons why he would bring some duct tape to class. I just mean it wasn't the main purpose for it. (Sorry for any miscommunication on that part as well.)

I can't read into minds yet Xeva-q. I don't get to learn that part of Behavioral Science until PS 499 (lol). I'll let you know when I can.

Xeva-q
23rd Oct 2015, 18:00
I will admit fault in that. I was typing that on my phone. I can hardly ever think straight when I type on my phone. (Sorry for the miscommunication).
my apologies then.

I would say it was by accident. He probably didn't notice that he brought it with him to class (and a good thing too because we couldn't have broke into Principal Wells office. When he realized that he was missing something, he probably thought that he just ran out of it or misplaced it; and then proceeded to buy some more (the cost of duct tape isn't really that high, is it?).

Of course there could be a lot of reasons WHY he brought it in the first place (you already mentioned that he could be packing boxes. Could be possible, but clearly he intended other purposes for it. If it wasn't for that placement, we wouldn't have gotten the duct tape for the pipe bomb.) I'm opened to other reasons why he would bring some duct tape to class. I just mean it wasn't the main purpose for it. (Sorry for any miscommunication on that part as well.)

I can't read into minds yet Xeva-q. I don't get to learn that part of Behavioral Science until PS 499 (lol). I'll let you know when I can.

You see, for someone who actually was a teacher and used duck tape a lot all of you reasoning looks rather funny. Can not do nothing about it.

I had in my classroom following objects: duck tape, rope, knife, screwdriver and the bottle of vodka. Never killed and raped anyone.

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 18:07
my apologies then.

You see, for someone who actually was a teacher and used duck tape a lot all of you reasoning looks rather funny. Can not do nothing about it.

I had in my classroom following objects: duck tape, rope, knife, screwdriver and the bottle of vodka. Never killed and raped anyone.

Like I said I do tend to be a bit biased when judging people and their motives, so much of what I say probably doesn't make much sense [if it doesn't, feel free to tell me.]

I am also opened to the possibility of it belonging to Nathan (there's a photo that shows one of his tail-lights have duct-tape on it). My problem with putting ALL the blame on Nathan is that he has a mental illness (Borderline-Personality Disorder [BPD] to be more specific, but he can also have more than just BPD. Someone had already posted a topic on why they believed it so but I wanted to wait until I was sure. 1) I'm not really certified to make a diagnosis. 2) I had not reached to that point in Abnormal Psychology (until yesterday) and didn't understand much of BPD). I am not saying that as we should excuse him of his actions, but it does give us a reason why he acted the way he did. Jefferson was able to manipulate Nathan for numerous reasons [meds, lack of a father-figure, and the like]. So I believe Nathan is AT fault for most of the things he did, but I also don't want to put ALL THE BLAME on him for that, and there was more than one person doing this to begin with.

Tataboj
23rd Oct 2015, 18:35
Having Xeva-q on the ignore list feels so freed from everything bad in the world.

MagwitchOo
31st Dec 2015, 01:21
In my first playthrough i thought i saw someone wearing a suit at the epilogue of episode 2, so i connected that to Mark right away, now when i saw that scene again i noticed that it wasn't a suit but that it was a chair, silly me :tongue2:

I thought Nathan can't be this organized, i thought he had an assistant not a boss though.

Max commented on a note she found in the bunker with something about Nathan's dad but it wasn't signed by anyone.

I did see some people that figured it was Jefferson from their first time like "Kay Plays".