PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on my experiences with the game.

KristaD
23rd Oct 2015, 10:13
Hey all

I have been thinking about how this game chooses to tell the story, interaction with other people and how the player's experiences in life, personality is given some room in the game.

First thing I would like to bring up in Max's diary/journal. I have read the most of it while I was playing and there is a lto conflicting things between how Max sees the people around her and how I get to experience these people after playing the game.

For example David Madsen, his experiences in war and the resulting PTSD, how that effects everyone around him. There is another side to him as is reveled in Episode 5. This came as a no surprise to me since I have experience with PTSD and how that effects your life.
I think if I don't have to deal with PTSD I would have a completely different view of David.

Similar things can be said about Chloe, but I am not going to babble about that here given the personal nature of it all.

I kinda like that they bring up various things through the game, like how Kate turns to her religion after all that has happened to her. There is also suicide, depression, drug abuse/selling, love, relationships, loss and other things that do not come to mind right not.

Please tell me that I am not the only one who experiences the "game" in this way. :):flowers:

Dire87
23rd Oct 2015, 14:38
It hits home even if you haven't made these experiences yourself in real life. That's what's so interesting about it. The naivety and friendship paired with all the **** that is really going on, like you said, rape, abuse, PTSD, drugs, death, coping with loss, religion, bullying, power of money...and in between this shy little girl who just wants to make photographs...

KristaD
23rd Oct 2015, 15:15
It hits home even if you haven't made these experiences yourself in real life. That's what's so interesting about it. The naivety and friendship paired with all the **** that is really going on, like you said, rape, abuse, PTSD, drugs, death, coping with loss, religion, bullying, power of money...and in between this shy little girl who just wants to make photographs...

That list kinda reads like my life, and my just wanting to be a shy little girl with a camera, witch is possible when I finally get the camera my siblings promised to give me for my bday ( yes I love take photos), though I am not little by any means. I am currently 188cm or 6.16 feet tall.

Dire87
23rd Oct 2015, 15:30
hehe. I wish I had a thing for fotography, but I suck ;) Thinking about it...I must be the mleast artistic person I know. I can't do anything, be it painting, photos, sketching, drawing, or god forbid building something with my hands...even my "poems" suck ^^

KristaD
23rd Oct 2015, 15:37
Please , do not beat yourself down too hard. doing all those things takes practice, patience and knowledge.
If the somewhat "mentally focked up, depressed and what not" me can do about half of the things you listed, you should give it a second try and when you do, please let me see some of it.

:flowers: