PDA

View Full Version : What If?...

Rome1992
22nd Oct 2015, 15:56
Okay let's say the ending was unavoidable, but what if that ending(especially the sac chloe ending) didn't really change anything at all? Because for me the real true event is not how max saved or not saved chloe in the bathroom, but it's the beginning of the game itself where Max was walking through the lighthouse, what if the true event was max actually really being killed there at that very moment? What If max was already in a time loop the moment she woke up in class for the first time? but she hasn't realized it yet because she doesn't know yet that she possess such powers. I know this doesn't make any sense, but for me this makes probably a lot of sense.

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 16:05
Want to play more what ifs? A real curveball would be that it's not Chloe who is the catalyst, but Max using her powers. The more she uses her powers, the weirder the weather gets. Now let's put that in the sacrifice Chloe -ending. Max jumps back and does not use her powers anymore. Chloe dies. The weather stays normal. Remember in EP1 when she used her powers, all it made up was a snowfall. What if she could have saved Chloe and then never use her powers again, all that would happen was a slight snowfall? Wouldn't that be a lift to your spirits. And what if this ending, save Chloe, never use your powers and with that save the town too was available in new game+ with prior knowledge of the endings?

I dunno, I'm just rambling. I have difficulties letting this game go. It's my GOTY 2015.

PinkFrog
22nd Oct 2015, 16:10
This is exactly what would be perfect ending for me: save chloe from Nathan... and then let go of the superpowers... the end.

PinkFrog
22nd Oct 2015, 16:14
Okay let's say the ending was unavoidable, but what if that ending(especially the sac chloe ending) didn't really change anything at all? Because for me the real true event is not how max saved or not saved chloe in the bathroom, but it's the beginning of the game itself where Max was walking through the lighthouse, what if the true event was max actually really being killed there at that very moment? What If max was already in a time loop the moment she woke up in class for the first time? but she hasn't realized it yet because she doesn't know yet that she possess such powers. I know this doesn't make any sense, but for me this makes probably a lot of sense.

Oh... s*** you are right... The game starts with the "nightmare" BEFORE rescuing Chloe... So when we start the game it's not actually the beginning of the story.

Does that somehow mean that Chloe is alive??
I want to have an interpretation of the story where Chloe is alive and happy (without having to kill off everybody else obviously...)

PHub07
22nd Oct 2015, 17:11
Oh... s*** you are right... The game starts with the "nightmare" BEFORE rescuing Chloe... So when we start the game it's not actually the beginning of the story.

Does that somehow mean that Chloe is alive??
I want to have an interpretation of the story where Chloe is alive and happy (without having to kill off everybody else obviously...)

If time travel is possible.....it would make sense that every moment that has ever happened....is always happening....somewhere.

So really it seems like OUR Max is not the "first" Max and that this all somehow happened before and if Chloes soul is supposed to be the butterfly....well she technically must have already been dead somewhere to fly into the bathroom to jumpstart Maxes powers to ultimately catch Jefferson....

Its confusing.