PDA

View Full Version : "Multiple endings depending on the choices you make."

KiraS94
22nd Oct 2015, 12:17
So this phrase was one of the "key features" selling lines of the game: "Multiple endings depending on the choices you make".

Do you feel that the game has delivered on this promised key feature?

Xeva-q
22nd Oct 2015, 12:26
nope

JohnnyPepsi
22nd Oct 2015, 12:50
No.

But drop the "s" at the end of "choices," and that sounds about right. Two is a multiple of one, after all.

KiraS94
22nd Oct 2015, 21:46
No.

But drop the "s" at the end of "choices," and that sounds about right. Two is a multiple of one, after all.

You know, it just doesn't feel right. Yes, semantically can be argued to be correct, but still - who would use "multiple" to refer to "two" without an intent to exaggerate? And the plural in "choices" is just plain not true. :eek:

Ross42899
22nd Oct 2015, 23:16
Maybe Max ist still under drugs, trapped in the Dark Room. And all was just a hallucination. And in 2 months the devs will release the "Real Ending DLC". :D

Suathiel
23rd Oct 2015, 01:57
No, and that's what is the reason why I'm so disappointed and sad. And even angry and feeling (objectively!) betrayed.
Which is horrible, if you love something so much and it turns out this way, it hurts a lot.
But this changes the perspective (at least for me):
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182337 (Posting the link to the thread instead of the link in it, it seams fair to do so.)

I'm still not happy, but it doesn't feel like betrayel anymore. And maybe there is a way to change (fix?) it? Maybe DLC wise?

It wouldn't be what I've expected, but to be honest, those expectations come from a way this kind of "choices based endings" work in certain gametypes, like visual novels and I shouldn't have thought it would work this way in the first place.

RaulRoque
23rd Oct 2015, 03:08
Maybe Max ist still under drugs, trapped in the Dark Room. And all was just a hallucination. And in 2 months the devs will release the "Real Ending DLC". :D

Hauahauahua. Good proposition.

UNKLEPhilosophy
23rd Oct 2015, 11:01
The multiple Endings mean about the cutscenes,episode ending like:
if you kill frank then if you not you get 2 ending in cutscenes and of course episode ending.