PDA

View Full Version : Thumper's Dromed Magic #3 - Playtest commands

Komag
29th Jun 2002, 07:00
Dromed Magic #3 - Playtest commands
Dromed Magic #3. There are some commands for playtesters that allow them to report bugs without leaving game mode. I don't fully understand how to use them but I'll share what I do know and perhaps someone can add to this.

To use them, you must first add the following line to dromed.cfg:

bugrep_dir C:\some\place

where \some\place is where you want the bug reports to go. A file called bugs.txt containing the bug reports will be created in this location.

In game mode, issue either of the following commands:

report_bug or
report_bug_text some text here

The first command prompts you for the text which is terminated by a carriage return. Enter your text describing the bug. An entry similar to the following will appear in your bugs.txt file:

Unnamed,Final 1.18 MSVC opt playtest,,NEW,,,2/7/102,testing 1 2 3 (-4.13 9.09 -4.99),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,test.mis

You can see your text along with your current position in parens. The commas apparently indicate lots of potential fields which could appear but I don't know as yet how to cause them to be filled in.

I will detail another method for logging comments along with some additional play testing commands in another tip.

-Thumper

xarax
10th Jul 2002, 20:59
wow! and all these years, i was using pencil and paper to remember bugs for later fixing! i'm so "not with it"! ;)