PDA

View Full Version : The "Elder God"

Farfaniccio
29th Jun 2002, 04:08
Ok, so I just got SR2 and beat it in like a week, a little short if you ask me but... that is a different subject

I was thinking though, what is the elder god? It seems that Raziel is imortal and this guy just found him, or so we are told in the game. Then he uses him to get some sick revenge on kain in the first game. But if he didnt really resurrect Raziel and just is a 'cancer' of Nosgoth why does he know Raziel when he travels through time? I have been pondering this for a while and can't really come to a conclusion about it at all. Is there an appearance by the elder god in Blood Omen? I havent played that yet, so Im not sure.

-Farfaniccio

Mallinger
29th Jun 2002, 04:16
I've played BO1 several times and have never seen anything resembling the elder God accept Tony Jays voice. I still haven't found all the secrets though so it may be possible. Chris@Crystal would be the one to better answer your question. :cool:

Jedilvr
29th Jun 2002, 04:49
My guess would be that since he has Moebius as a servant he uses him to find things out.

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 05:00
heh yeah, something i wonder is how does moebius know him and why noone else says anything referring to the elder...its crazy i say!

Jedilvr
29th Jun 2002, 05:11
Maybe sometime after Moebius became mad (which I personally don't believe he ever did, but that's a theory for another time) he saw the "beginnings" of the Elder and decided to join him, perhaps to fulfill his own ends.

willow
29th Jun 2002, 05:34
Originally posted by Mallinger
I've played BO1 several times and have never seen anything resembling the elder God accept Tony Jays voice. I still haven't found all the secrets though so it may be possible. Chris@Crystal would be the one to better answer your question. :cool:

Chris cannot comment on possible game spoilers for future titles.
We don't really know what the Elder God is or if anything he's said has been truthful. The answer to the question is.... All will be revealed in time.

Mallinger
29th Jun 2002, 05:38
That is percisely what Chris@Crystal would have said. :cool:

Sean567012
29th Jun 2002, 05:40
I dont know what the Elder God is, but I for one dont like him....

willow
29th Jun 2002, 05:50
I think he's a sexy *****.......
mmmmmm tentacley...

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 10:37
LOL@willow

I thought there were certain laws about flirting with squids :p

Jeffers
29th Jun 2002, 10:45
Originally posted by A-Bomber
heh yeah, something i wonder is how does moebius knows him and why noone else says anything referring to the elder...its crazy i say!

What a good idea.

I had never thought of that one before!

Jeffers.

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 11:59
heh thanks jeffers

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 13:18
cos he is the unspoken dark entity etc etc etc.

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 13:21
maybe...

warpsavant
30th Jun 2002, 05:23
The statue of him looks nothing like him, and has some type of devil on it, so I think he is Hashakgik too.

I want to know why Kain never mentioned him, all the time he spent hanging out at the pillars he didn't know that thing was under there? Arrogant idiot...

willow
30th Jun 2002, 05:31
I agree. I also believe that Hash'ak'gik and the Elder God are one in the same.
Also, Kain being an arrogant idiot is just a character flaw that makes him all the more believable and a deep character. ;)
I like how he's a bastard... I was never one for the goody goody characters *coughZidanecough*... ahem... I must be coming down with something.... but I like my protagonists to be a little more in-depth, flawed if you will... and I'm pretty sure that most of you will agree with me.

Power reaver
1st Jul 2002, 15:22
I think the elder being a GOD exists out of time and stuff like that . He is there always and is in different forms in each period (eg , big lil squidy , small lil squidy :p ) . Soo all his forms know something even if the knowledge was given to him when he was in 1 form .

Jedilvr
1st Jul 2002, 15:59
But don't you find it a bit too coincidental that the farther you travel back in time the smaller he is, as if were you to go back far enough he won't exist at all. In the paintings, stories, etc., it mentions that there are 2 godly races, Hylden and Ancients, there is no mention of this third entity. I personally don't think he exsisted back then and this whole God thing is a lie he uses to manipulate people, such as Moebius.

darien_specter
1st Jul 2002, 18:24
Nevertheless, he is having his dialogue with Raziel in Raziel's frame of reference. I wonder if the squid is perhaps just his body, the comfy vehicle for a far darker power...