PDA

View Full Version : Mesh scaler...is it necessary?

THEthief
29th Jun 2002, 03:14
Hi all. My current FM project is a huge world - everything is 3 X's bigger than norm (can't give away too much:D). Do I have to load the mesh scaler thing, for my AI, or can I just multiply all of their dimensions by 3?
Thanks!! :)

TRoosevelt_26
29th Jun 2002, 03:24
Wow! You can make big bad guys? Because Lord Bumfrey is going to meet (on a hunting expedition later on in TGW) a giant spider, or was, but I thought it wasn't possible. Somebody answer this quickly!

THEthief
29th Jun 2002, 04:40
Hi TRoosevelt. :) I downloaded the mesh scaler from Dromed Central. I'm simply asking, because I don't want to go through all the work of installing it, if it's not necessary. :D
I enlarged a rat (made the proportions 3 x's as large, but it was frobable, and came up as a dead hammerite in game mode (no kidding - it was running around and squeaking, but you could pick it up, and it was a hammerite corpse!!). :confused: I'm sure THAT can't be right. :p)

ChangelingJane
29th Jun 2002, 05:36
Lol.

AFAIK, meshscale is the only way to scale AI's--that's why it was released in the first place.

Komag
29th Jun 2002, 06:15
Yes, if you want big AI you need to use Meshscale (or small AI, or wide AI or whatever). You can only directly edit the sizes of static objects such as tables and whatnot.

THEthief
29th Jun 2002, 17:47
Ok - thanks everyone!! :) BTW, not meaning to sound dumb...but, what does AFAIK mean? :confused:

DJC
29th Jun 2002, 17:53
<b>A</b>s <b>F</b>ar <b>A</b>s <b>I K</b>now :)

THEthief
29th Jun 2002, 17:58
Ahhh... Ok, thanks!! :)

schwaa
30th Jun 2002, 17:23
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
Lol.

AFAIK, meshscale is the only way to scale AI's--that's why it was released in the first place.

There is another way. Open the AI .3ds file in a 3d program and rescale the AI, all the joints, and all the limit planes.

Then save and convert back to .bin and .cal.

I made a 6inch tall Mech Priest like this, it was really funny and easy. But he still had the ego of a 5 foot tall mech. The motions just don't support this drastic of a change.

ChangelingJane
30th Jun 2002, 17:29
schwaa, that's essentially what MeshScale does! ^_^