PDA

View Full Version : Mac Level Editor

MacAngel
29th Jun 2002, 02:04
Does anyone have a Mac here? I'm really bad at the editor and can't get the scripts to work. It's annoying. Thanks for listening.

Chris-Craig Michaels
29th Jun 2002, 16:21
Yes! I am on a MAC! It is so nice when I meet someone else who is on a MAC too.

At any rate, about the scripts. Tell me, what exactly are yyou trying to do with them, and what do they do that is a nnoying. I will try to help.

Yay! Another MAC person!:D

MacAngel
29th Jun 2002, 21:05
I'm trying to change the name of my level. Whenever I try to run it in the little program it says it can't find some files that are the names of several languages (german, english, french,etc. I don't remember all of them). If I don't edit the names I can usaully get the level to work. I don't want my level to be called Cleopatra's Palace when it doesn't look anything like Egypt! Thanks!!!!!!!!
It's great to see a Mac person here!!!! :)
:cool:

Chris-Craig Michaels
30th Jun 2002, 02:15
Actually, what your doing might be right. When you put the Script.txt thgat you edited into the ScriptEdit program, it will always say "Cannot Find:", and then it will list all of the languages that the script could be in, except English! And you want it in English, so it doesn't matter:)! If both an English.dat and a Script.dat file appear in the Script Folder, tranfer them to the main folder (the one where the origianl Script,dat and English.dat files were), and remove the old Script and English.

If you have trouble still, or need any more questions answered, just ask for me! BTW, if your level isn't going to be in Egypt, where is it? Peru? Japan? Italy? Where? India? Scotland? Greece? Mexico? Am I even close? And what is the story in your level going to be? What is lara looking for?

You can read about mine in my sig!

MacAngel
30th Jun 2002, 02:24
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know exactlly where it takes place but it is in a wierd temple. Lara somehow stumbles upon it out adventuring.Thanks so much. :) :) :) Thank You!!!!!!!!!