PDA

View Full Version : Remake

dago
28th Jun 2002, 22:42
no HUMBUG...how is the remake coming along? does any body know when the Beta Aurura is gona get released???

no HUMBUGIES

blincoln
28th Jun 2002, 23:20
NWN and the Aurora toolset are out. I was poking around on their site and it *really* looks like you can't make the kind of custom content that the remake team wants to do, but some people have told me otherwise.

dago
28th Jun 2002, 23:24
kewl...so is the team starting to work on it now???

darien_specter
28th Jun 2002, 23:29
From activity (or lack thereof) on the project board, it doesn't seem to be too high in gear... for me, I was told that NWN is 60 freakin' dollars!!!! That's more than this starving college student can drop on a game just at the moment... I've also, to echo blinc, been worried for awhile, after poking around in the aurora beta, that we wouldn't be able to accomplish our goal that way.

I was referred by someone else on the project board (I think) to a free 3d editor called gmax. I've been playing around with it, and it seems to be incredibly powerful, despite the ultimately low cost (that is, NADA!). I'm beginning to wonder if we couldn't harnass that in some fashion. I'm certain that all character/item models could be done there; one of the tutorials also describes level-editing. So everything could be made, even in-game cinematics! We'd just need some sort of engine to make it all work... :rolleyes:

Gee, it's too bad there's no way on God's green earth that CD would let us have at the old, outdated, no-longer-in-use SR1 Gex engine... ;)

dago
28th Jun 2002, 23:36
that would hav been serul that told u about gmax...suggest that idea on the board.

darien_specter
28th Jun 2002, 23:52
sounds about right... I'll mention over there, but again, like I said, without an engine there's still not much we can do. Alas... :(

willow
29th Jun 2002, 03:39
Originally posted by dago
no HUMBUG...how is the remake coming along? does any body know when the Beta Aurura is gona get released???

no HUMBUGIES

humbug... ahem...

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 03:46
lol willow, ur getting closer and closer to being a member

willow
29th Jun 2002, 04:08
first I become a member... next... I conquer the world...
and it's going to be all evil and stuff...

... fear my cat!

Jedilvr
29th Jun 2002, 04:16
How many posts to we need to get rid of this Junior Member thing? :confused:

willow
29th Jun 2002, 04:17
Well on the old forum you needed 30 posts.

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 04:17
hahaha good idea willow, around 30 posts i believe jedi

Jedilvr
29th Jun 2002, 04:51
Thank you kindly, now I'm one post closer to it.

Riovanes
29th Jun 2002, 05:02
Originally posted by willow
first I become a member... next... I conquer the world...
and it's going to be all evil and stuff...

... fear my cat!

I already fear Lance...

BAH!!!

NoobSaibot
29th Jun 2002, 05:21
More posts, more post, neeed more posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwww

willow
29th Jun 2002, 06:14
Originally posted by Riovanes

I already fear Lance...

BAH!!!
as you should...

willow
29th Jun 2002, 06:16
Originally posted by NoobSaibot
More posts, more post, neeed more posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwww

Lets not resort to complete spam now shall we... think of creative ways to reply to topics if you feel the need to post... like for instance... the way I'm replying to you on this very topic... I didn't need to... but I found a reason to.... have a nice day.

darien_specter
29th Jun 2002, 07:30
Willow gives us all a fine example of creativity. Here's a completely unnecessary compliment... :p

willow
29th Jun 2002, 07:44
How very kind of you to notice Darien http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif.

dago
29th Jun 2002, 08:38
isn't lance your dog???
ur really into evil stuff...u should like my book...i'll put it up later...

willow
29th Jun 2002, 08:54
Sir Lancelot
http://thirdpersona.20megsfree.com/images/evil.jpg
He is the embodiment of all that is evil in the world....

dago
29th Jun 2002, 09:29
so ur following after your cat...u are his mascot...his is your masscat(mass evil that is)

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 10:20
here kitty kitty kitty :D

willow
29th Jun 2002, 10:32
royalmarine1980: here kitty kitty kitty

Sir Lancelot: meow...

royalmarine1980: aagh!

Sir Lancelot: muncha muncha...

Now that was just a reenactment... so don't worry... he didn't really eat you... but the moral here is he could eat you if you're not careful... take this as a warning... Lance is not a being to be trifled with. He is very evil...

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 10:41
As is I :D

Here kitty kitty kitty, got a nice little fish for you

Jeffers
29th Jun 2002, 10:49
AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Lancelot.

No really, I had to look twice at that one to see what the picture was, now I remember. He paid a visit on the last board didn't he?

:D

Jeffers.

dago
29th Jun 2002, 10:58
lol:) he must be one freaky cat to have everybody scared...nobody likes him...sorry willow...he is just too evil...

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 11:00
me likes him, only cos I'm planning cajun cat for dinner muhahahahaha~~~

DMK_Uriel
29th Jun 2002, 23:54
Hey Willow why dont you create a new clan? the HUMBUG clan or something with HUMBUG in the name...:D

royalmarine1980
30th Jun 2002, 05:27
what?
you mean the Humans Under Me are Bloody Useless Geezers clan?

Can't have it cos it's mine muhahahahaha~~ :D

Azazel005
30th Jun 2002, 13:33
The Blood Omen Project will go ahead, somehow. As blinc had said there is some early hitches with custom content but the games been out for about a week or two, just wait in the 3 months the internet will be filled with extracors and compilers and god knows.

In all fairness we dont know how exact a recreation will be possible, particularilly in terms of gameplay mechanics but it will forge ahead regardless, I should say I will forge ahead regardless, whatever happens I'm sure something fun and 'noshothy' will come of this.

Be sure it wont be done in 6 weeks or something though its gonna be a long exercise.

and can willow pretty please with sugar on top ask Lancelot to stop setting my clothes on fire through his eeevvilll flame powers.

Please? I need sleep, I pledge my allegaince to the evil kitty just make the fireworks stop.