PDA

View Full Version : Things We Learned From Life is Strange

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 19:33
Now that the first season is over, I thought it would be nice to reflect on the things we learned while playing Life is Strange [Intelligent Discussion Only. Humor is more than welcome! It's advised! :tongue2:]

+ Not everyone is as they seem

+ My love for blue hair

+ Don't trust the professor

+ Look for clues and symbolism.

+ How to properly ship people. [Okay, so I still kinda sorta ship everyone with everybody. I'm learning how to deal with that. :lmao:.]

+ That Arcadia Bay gets about 5 tornados a year.

+ How to break into the Principal's office [Find a time-rewind buddy! :nut:]

+ Choices have short and long term consequences

+ Make sure to watch out for Alyssa.

+ Be louder

+ Regret is a normal part of life

+Trust the Janitor, especially if they talk to squirrels.

And Finally

+ My increasing need for there to be an actual Arcadia Bay and Two Whales Dinner.

Corinth
22nd Oct 2015, 00:43
+ Choices have short and long term consequences

More like "Choices have short term consequences and don't mean anything in the very end".

Once you get to the Lighthouse with Chloe, everything you did leading up to that part doesn't mean anything, except for whether or not Max and Chloe kiss at the end before you make the Blue Pill/Red Pill choice.

StrangerThanFiction
22nd Oct 2015, 03:53
More like "Choices have short term consequences and don't mean anything in the very end".

Once you get to the Lighthouse with Chloe, everything you did leading up to that part doesn't mean anything, except for whether or not Max and Chloe kiss at the end before you make the Blue Pill/Red Pill choice.

If we were to think about it clearly, our choices didn't matter to begin with. I know that sounds very anti-climatic and terrible, but it's true.

Why?

The rewind power. It took away the impact that ANY of the choices would have. Plus, it helped Max learned about the future.

Now, if you were to think about WHEN our choices exactly stop to matter. It was when she went back to the memorial day picture. The only reason why Max is in The Dark Room when we come back to that reality is that they didn't know about Nathan's true fate. We don't know everything that happened in that particular timeline, but we can assume that Max did a lot of things differently.

The whole point of the game wasn't getting to an end where your choices matter because they didn't to being with. That was one of the main reasons why I chose to save Chloe instead of Arcadia Bay. It was going to be destroyed sooner or later. Like I said, it sounds horrible I know. But it's pretty much the truth.

Another thing I've learned:

+ Never trust the butterfly!

Tataboj
22nd Oct 2015, 06:53
If we were to think about it clearly, our choices didn't matter to begin with. I know that sounds very anti-climatic and terrible, but it's true.

Why?

The rewind power. It took away the impact that ANY of the choices would have. Plus, it helped Max learned about the future.

Now, if you were to think about WHEN our choices exactly stop to matter. It was when she went back to the memorial day picture. The only reason why Max is in The Dark Room when we come back to that reality is that they didn't know about Nathan's true fate. We don't know everything that happened in that particular timeline, but we can assume that Max did a lot of things differently.

The whole point of the game wasn't getting to an end where your choices matter because they didn't to being with. That was one of the main reasons why I chose to save Chloe instead of Arcadia Bay. It was going to be destroyed sooner or later. Like I said, it sounds horrible I know. But it's pretty much the truth.

Another thing I've learned:

+ Never trust the butterfly!

Actually, the fact that Max got herself to the Dark Room again when she tore the photo, means that realities are somehow connected, perhaps to the reality from which Max used the photo... It is so complicated it's almost impossible to explain (for which I'm not complaining).

StrangerThanFiction
22nd Oct 2015, 13:12
Actually, the fact that Max got herself to the Dark Room again when she tore the photo, means that realities are somehow connected, perhaps to the reality from which Max used the photo... It is so complicated it's almost impossible to explain (for which I'm not complaining).

So complicated that my brain hurts. But I love it!

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 13:17

What this game also needs is some sort of timeline explanation for the players after jumping photos. What happened and what didn't. I know there are those burning photos and stuff, they're neat, but I kinda want to know more.

StrangerThanFiction
22nd Oct 2015, 13:20
What this game also needs is some sort of timeline explanation for the players after jumping photos. What happened and what didn't. I know there are those burning photos and stuff, they're neat, but I kinda want to know more.
I fully support this.