PDA

View Full Version : A way to add Ending #3 (Spoilers)

Corinth
21st Oct 2015, 16:12
So I've been thinking...

Why don't we add an Ending #3?

This ending would go as follows:

First, you take Chloe up on her offer at the very end, and instead of letting her die, you come out of hiding and talk to Nathan. You get 1-2 dialogue choices, and of course choosing the wrong one makes him pull the gun on you but you can rewind out of that.

If done right, you can tell Nathan that if he goes through with what he's doing and planning, things will end very badly for him and then Chloe comes in, and Max talks to Chloe and gets her to back down as well, that way Chloe doesn't get shot.

The three of them then have a conversation in which Max is able to convince Nathan that she knows how to take care of his "being used" problem, as long as he cooperates, Max is also able to convince Chloe that she knows how to get Frank to back off. She'd tell the two of them that she knows what happened to Rachel, but promises that if Nathan cooperates, that he'll get off easy and that Jefferson will go down (and possibly Nathan's parents as well, as Nathan doesn't seem to like them very much from what I gathered).

What results is the Storm doesn't come (or it does and Max can focus on trying to convince people to evacuate), Jefferson is hauled off to prison, Nathan gets the mental help he needs (and he's let off easy on the death of Rachel), Frank stops selling drugs because of his guilt over Rachel's death, Max has a good long talk to Chloe about what happened in the alternate universe and is able to get Chloe and David to reconcile (Max could maybe even talk to David too about this) which would fix their family problems. Since Jefferson is hauled off to prison and Nathan has been taken away, Kate doesn't feel the need to commit suicide (perhaps Victoria, seeing what Jefferson and Nathan were up to, deletes the video and stops picking on Kate, perhaps with a nudge or two from Max).

That way, the Ending would make a lot more sense.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 16:39
This seems like an fairy tale ending and trust me, life does not work that way at all.

Corinth
21st Oct 2015, 16:55
This seems like an fairy tale ending and trust me, life does not work that way at all.

At least it would actually make sense.

Right now, we have Ending #1 where Max gets powers but is punished for using them and Ending #2 which is basically "Don't use your powers at all" which invalidates the whole premise of the game.

So... yeah. Why, again, did she even get those powers if she wasn't meant to use them? lol.

That's what a lot of us really have against the ending. She got powers, she finds out she's condemned a whole town for using them. So she can either let thousands of people die, or not use her powers at all.

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 17:22
At least it would actually make sense.

Right now, we have Ending #1 where Max gets powers but is punished for using them and Ending #2 which is basically "Don't use your powers at all" which invalidates the whole premise of the game.

So... yeah. Why, again, did she even get those powers if she wasn't meant to use them? lol.

That's what a lot of us really have against the ending. She got powers, she finds out she's condemned a whole town for using them. So she can either let thousands of people die, or not use her powers at all.

It's left open to interpretation (just like the endings. We don't know if everyone died. We do know that the town was destroyed. You can have a head-cannon where everyone is still alive. Mine is that David collected the majority of the town and placed them in the Dark Room).

And, from what I've seen, people are more upset over the fact that not everything is explained to them (which includes why she got her powers). It's whatever you decide it to be.

So Corinth, why do you believe Max got her powers?

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 20:51
Happy endings are so the anti cliche now. Since for years everything always had a happy ending...everything purposely doesn't now and thinks its all oohhhh look at how artistic this is. LIS....I believe was a flawless piece of art....it was outstanding in every single respect. Then had a cliche....predictable....extremely unsatisfying ending where this game that is supposed to "revolutionize choices in games" had none of your choices matter.

There are ways to make the endings good without it feeling like losing. IDC...I wanted a happy ending....not having to think about how bad I feel for Chloe or for Chloes family. I feel empty when I think about LIS now that its over. Same way I felt after episode 1 started to play Santa Monica dream....how LAME that in the end we can't even fix anything for Chloe.

This is why GOT is so popular right now. Lets take a story idea...and simply always have the evil most hated people win over and over.

Lehkeri
21st Oct 2015, 21:40
It does seem that having a happy ending is some sort of sin nowadays...

ET_Red
21st Oct 2015, 23:02
I actually liked the way the game turned out. Even the choice of endings.
Definetely a bit generic with this go-back-and-undo-all-that-happened "twist".
I dont even think it was bad designed but that's just a matter of perception and what you hold it up against.

Not gonna deny it: in comparison to the rest of the game the ending was quite a bit uneventful with its, on first sight, plain black or white choice and not taking the previous actions in any consideration.
Which doesnt mean it is bad. Of course I too would have loved a little more layers to the ending or a happier one like the idea of Nathan, Max and Chloe talking it out in the bathroom. Which, to be honest, was the way I hoped the game would come to a conclusion and I didnt see a way that this kind of happy ending was any more unlikely than the actual ones.

But...meh. The actual ending is still very solid, it just doesnt stand out in the same way the rest of the game does.
Yet still it was a strong ending that got me carried away and left me a lot to think about.

UNKLEPhilosophy
22nd Oct 2015, 10:23
This ending would just ruin the game people should get over this rages about the endings people act like some child lol.

OHWceta
22nd Oct 2015, 14:00
How about this?:

(Max saved Arcadia Bay)
About a week or so after Chloe's funeral and Max returns to Blackwell, Principal Wells call Max to his office, only now he's voice by Samuel L. Jackson.

(Max saved Chloe)
Max and Chloe are at a donut shop on the edge of town, coming to terms with the loss of everyone in Arcadia Bay after the storm. Chloe is smoking a joint. Suddenly Principal Wells walks up, he now sports an eyepatch due to injuries from the storm. "Maxine Caufield, I'm going to have to ask you to please exit the Donut"

(This is where the ending converge)
In Principal Wells' office he's now looking over the binders confiscated from the Dark Room as well as a few new binders with names on them. "Ms. Caufield, you have a very powerful gift, we've been monitoring you for some time now. As well as several other individuals with talents like yourself. You didn't really think you were the ONLY one, did you? You see, I'm putting together a team and I would be honored to have you be a part of it. We could do a lot of good in the world."

StrangerThanFiction
22nd Oct 2015, 14:06
How about this?:

(Max saved Arcadia Bay)
About a week or so after Chloe's funeral and Max returns to Blackwell, Principal Wells call Max to his office, only now he's voice by Samuel L. Jackson.

(Max saved Chloe)
Max and Chloe are at a donut shop on the edge of town, coming to terms with the loss of everyone in Arcadia Bay after the storm. Chloe is smoking a joint. Suddenly Principal Wells walks up, he now sports an eyepatch due to injuries from the storm. "Maxine Caufield, I'm going to have to ask you to please exit the Donut"

In Principal Wells' office he's now looking over the binders confiscated from the Dark Room as well as a few new binders with names on them. "Ms. Caufield, you have a very powerful gift, we've been monitoring you for some time now. As well as several other individuals with talents like yourself. You didn't really think you were the ONLY one, did you? You see, I'm putting together a team and I would be honored to have you be a part of it. We could do a lot of good in the world."

Is it too much to ask if Samuel L. Jackson is voicing Wells in ALL endings? :lmao:

Tataboj
22nd Oct 2015, 15:13
How about this?:

(Max saved Arcadia Bay)

(Max saved Chloe)

Prepare for a new blockbuster movie TimeShifters, coming this summer. Rated PG 13.

OHWceta
23rd Oct 2015, 03:27
Is it too much to ask if Samuel L. Jackson is voicing Wells in ALL endings?

You are aware I was referencing Nick Fury from "The Avengers" ? hence the eyepatch :P and of course Sam L. Jackson.
The "Exit The Donut" scene was from Ironman 2.... ;)

StrangerThanFiction
23rd Oct 2015, 03:38
You are aware I was referencing Nick Fury from "The Avengers" ? hence the eyepatch :P and of course Sam L. Jackson.
The "Exit The Donut" scene was from Ironman 2.... ;)

Sorry, I was tried when I wrote that. LOL. But now I do (since I'm half-awake and you explained it. Lol.)

I have not watch ANY of the Iron Man movies sadly. I'm not THAT big into Comic Books. Just novels. :c. But I did watch The Avengers.

Arcadiagamer
23rd Oct 2015, 10:21
I think that a good way to add end 3 would be if you have done all correct choices in the game, and i think that the end should be the Rachel ending, a ending that must be explained that thing.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 10:42
I think that a good way to add end 3 would be if you have done all correct choices in the game, and i think that the end should be the Rachel ending, a ending that must be explained that thing.

I already posted this in another thread, but I believe it would fit here too. Take a look at this wonderful piece of thinking.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/490123938427543245/

CrystalXPredator
23rd Oct 2015, 10:50
I already posted this in another thread, but I believe it would fit here too. Take a look at this wonderful piece of thinking.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/490123938427543245/

This is really great what he did.
I almost thought that I had missed something in my playthrough because it reads like it is actual in the game. :D
This is amazing. It fits perfect.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 12:56
This is really great what he did.
I almost thought that I had missed something in my playthrough because it reads like it is actual in the game. :D
This is amazing. It fits perfect.

Indeed. I really like his take on the matter, and I kinda hope this was the way they wanted to make the ending. Hell, they could just steal his ideas, implement them and I'd even pay for a DLC like that.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 13:20
And if they're really short on money, this can be done with graphic slides and text. That shouldn't be too expensive.

Tataboj
23rd Oct 2015, 15:49
What about this:

The butterfly lands on the grave, we can see Max slightly smiling. The end. As soon as the credits roll, we can see how Max, walking from the graveyard, talks to Warren and then kisses him (if you were shipping them of course). Then, in the dorm, Kate speaks to Max. "I am so sorry about Chloe." "I'll be fine if you won't jump of the roof." (If Kate died in your playthrough, Max will be much more intense about it). I don't know how long it should be, but she might also go to Alyssa or Taylor.