PDA

View Full Version : Plot Hole.

SundramN_
21st Oct 2015, 14:05
I love the game. I love the story. I loved the visuals. I loved how they pull it off.

To those who have yet to play Life is Strange Ep 5 or any Epsiode.

Don’t read it then.

I just have to get this out of my system.

Despite how good this game was. It still has flaws.

Chloe was dead. Or is dead. ***** she deserve it.
But Max was being a dumb **** trying to save Chloe from death as if her life depends on it.

***** you came to Acardia Bay and Chloe instantly becomes your best friend in a week?

So Max was drugged and dozed by Jeff Douche. So she tried to travel through time through pictures.
She flop in first try. She tried 2nd time, asked the diary. Travel through time

Told David about Jefferson and he got caught. Max won the contest and goes to San Fransico.
The Tornado still comes and Chloe was **** scared and called Max..
Max being a dumb had to save Chloe ass once again and went back into time and tore the picture again.

Tearing the picture ended her getting stuck back to the bunker again. Right back to where Ep 5 started.

This is one of the flaw. Tearing the picture doesn’t mean you still can’t tell David about Mr Jefferson? You just simply tore the picture which means you didn’t have to go to the bathroom which leads you not knowing about Chloe, the power and even the Mr Jefferson Dirty dark secret. She might have given a damn about Kate, Victoria and Nathan.

and do note that the picture taken for the ‘EveryDay hero’ contest was taken before Chloe got shot in the bathroom. Technically her power was still there because she could travel even further in time before Chloe shot.

So Does Max has this power all along? She just needed something to start it.

That one thing that bothered me while playing the game.

Assuming that I ignore that flaw and continue to play the game.

Max ended right back where started. This time her diary got burned. No photos. The only way was WarrenG.
She tried to stall time and then David swooped in and Save Max ass from getting dead.

She went to find Warren. Took photo and travel back to Vortex club party. Max tried to save Chloe ass again and prevented her from getting killed. Mr Jefferson got caught. Max told the told to Chloe.

Then she went through Time Loop and ended up at spotlight. I choose to get this girl killed and save Acardia Bay. Then she traveled back to bathroom and let Chloe killed.

This is may or may not be a plot hole but let me put my questions here.

The butterfly still did fly into the bathroom and Max still did took photo.
She did allowed to get Chloe killed (this time she had no choice) lmao.

What if the butterfly was what gave Max the power instead not the situation Chloe was in that cause Max to have power?
What is the purpose of her power if it isn’t for Chloe? This whole game made me think that the power was given to Max was to save Chloe ass. Even Max looked at it that way too.

I think Max still has the power. It just with her the whole time. The ending didn’t show it but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t know how to use it.

Alternate Ending.. If Chloe was alive… wouldn’t death follow her lol?

I hope season 2 will be about Max dealing with Adult life and her power consuming her. and the real explanation of how she got the power.

Excuse me for the vulgar language I used or any part that I came across rudely..

Edit: Other than that, this game is good. The ending is good. I like how the games flows. I am a game designer. I really like the plot story though there are flaws. I like how her power acts corrupted and made Max goes through those puzzle/maze. It really shows that the power of her is trying to tell her something.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 14:33
I think you lack the sight for the human element in this game...

SundramN_
21st Oct 2015, 14:38
I think you lack the sight for the human element in this game...

like?

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 14:47
Why Max is being so "dumb" by trying to save Chloe for example and there are plenty of interactions between characters in this game. I just find it odd they don't deserve a mention in all this when bringing up the topic of plot holes, though I would call your post a theory rather than a plot hole.
I also find this game effects people differently based on a myriad of personal factors, no will read into the same way, etc, etc.

To answer one of your question I wouldn't be surprised that Chloe's life will change into Final Destination (that silly horror movie) for years to come if you chose to save Arcadia Bay.

SundramN_
21st Oct 2015, 15:13
Why Max is being so "dumb" by trying to save Chloe for example and there are plenty of interactions between characters in this game. I just find it odd they don't deserve a mention in all this when bringing up the topic of plot holes, though I would call your post a theory rather than a plot hole.
I also find this game effects people differently based on a myriad of personal factors, no will read into the same way, etc, etc.

To answer one of your question I wouldn't be surprised that Chloe's life will change into Final Destination (that silly horror movie) for years to come if you chose to save Arcadia Bay.

Oh. I understand Max being there for Chloe because she feels guilty for leaving her behind. The interaction between them is great. Nothing is lacking. It builds up the plot of friendship or maybe more.

Yea.. My exact thoughts of Chloe situation if Max saves her instead. Pretty selfish tbh. but who am I to say.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 15:25
Woops, that should have been "if you don't save Arcadia Bay", but I think you got the idea. :)