PDA

View Full Version : Banner for participation...

Zarrkell
21st Oct 2015, 08:18
I think all players playing me in league of Enternal will support. For participation in leagues give keys, money and a skin. But I would like and to receive a unique banner which will be had by only 100 people. This recognition of skill. It is more expensive than money. It remains in memory. I am ready to refuse money for the sake of it. ALL IN THE GAME

-Shiro-
21st Oct 2015, 11:11
This recognition of skill.

League ranking reflects skills ? Really ?

Vampmaster
21st Oct 2015, 11:22
Well, you do get those icon border things that reflect your rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Blood, Eternal). Corresponding banners would be great too though. Maybe base them on the Kain banner one and have them animated in those colours respectively.

Zarrkell
21st Oct 2015, 16:17
League ranking reflects skills ? Really ?In the higher League not random people. I don't acitivy that someone plays for an hour and someone ten hours a day. The error is always there, but if you play well, and not in the League, then you are not a good player to carry a match. And all the rest is just excuses....

Louves
21st Oct 2015, 16:39
League ranking reflects skills ? Really ?

That was my first thought too. But it seems to be normal nowadays that people think they are the king as soon as they hit eternal.

In the higher League not random people. I don't acitivy that someone plays for an hour and someone ten hours a day. The error is always there, but if you play well, and not in the League, then you are not a good player to carry a match. And all the rest is just excuses....

I am sorry but I really did not understand what you wanted to say.

Like Vampmaster said you will get a fancy eternal icon border. I don't see a reason why they should "waste" even more resources on leagues. I mean you will get cash, a skin, an icon border and keys.

Keelei
21st Oct 2015, 16:40
Sorry to disappoint you, but most of the people in enternal are medicore nobodies with too much time on their hands, very few of them are actual top players. If you want a banner for skill go win yourself a banner in esl, thats where you really need skill to get somewhere.

--Ram--
21st Oct 2015, 17:40
Leagues are a grindfest, they are designed that way deliberately. "It’s almost always better to play a match than to not play a match. Active players get ahead." Straight out of the blog. Skill has little to do with who is in eternal

Da_Wolv
21st Oct 2015, 17:52
Sorry to disappoint you, but most of the people in enternal are medicore nobodies with too much time on their hands, very few of them are actual top players. If you want a banner for skill go win yourself a banner in esl, thats where you really need skill to get somewhere.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/61335639.jpg

Bladestorm01
22nd Oct 2015, 09:06
While a lot of Eternal players are good players some are just so bad that I would like to dodge the lobby if I had to play with them. Neverthless, people who play a lot will become better in the game. Think about it, some people play a 100 games per week more than you do. At a certain point they will be better than you. However, some people never learn.

kLauE187
22nd Oct 2015, 10:23
Leagues are a grindfest, they are designed that way deliberately. "It’s almost always better to play a match than to not play a match. Active players get ahead." Straight out of the blog. Skill has little to do with who is in eternal

I wonder why most in top20 are also top ESL-player with 75%+ winrate? With your logic shouldn't be all russian grindbots on top with their 40-50% winrate and 500+ games? But alteast you could talk some non-sense when you don't even know how many points you loose with high-MMR aka 2200+.

--Ram--
22nd Oct 2015, 11:29
I wonder why most in top20 are also top ESL-player with 75%+ winrate? With your logic shouldn't be all russian grindbots on top with their 40-50% winrate and 500+ games? But alteast you could talk some non-sense when you don't even know how many points you loose with high-MMR aka 2200+.

It isn't entirely my logic, I quoted the dev blog.

I have never said that skilled players and high eternal rankings are mutually exclusive, no need to get butthurt. I merely said that there is a very clear correlation between games played and ranking, and that games played is the most determinant factor.

The top 100 list clearly reflects this. The top 20 have nearly all played between 300 and 500 games. Yes some have very high win rates, but the common theme is that the top 20 are all players who actually care enough to play 300+ games of ranked in a month. It obviously follows that all other things being equal someone who wins more will rise faster. Yet look at the win rates of the majority of the top 100, and you will see that the average is actually 50% wins or only just over. The top 10 are probably quite skilled, I'm sure you are skilled klausy, but I'm equally sure that many of the top 100 aren't at all.

-Shiro-
22nd Oct 2015, 12:23

Of course there are very skilled people in Eternal. For my part, I just wanted to imply that eternal isn't automatically = skilled.
Plus, I know very well you personally don't do that, but some of high winrate players just heavily used the lobby dodging thing during the first two weeks, and/or continue to use some ... tactics to win (hide and wait - when 4vs4 ofc -, ask for people to disconnect so they can cancel the match, etc...).

Zarrkell
23rd Oct 2015, 06:53
misters, I created a subject not to find out who plays Enternal. I created a subject to tell, here also to receive a banner. But thanking, to mister, - Shiro- everything was reduced to examination who by Pro and who isn't present

akr0nym
23rd Oct 2015, 09:17
That was kind of a offtopic tbh :D
But had to be said.

I'd also support you on the banner thing, I thought leagues beta will bring another one, but there is only one for alpha/beta.. But just for eternal? I think you will be reward sufficiently when you are placed in eternal when leagues ends ;)

Psyonix_Ryan
26th Oct 2015, 19:39
Banner feedback noted.

As was previously mentioned, your participation in Leagues will net you a frame (or boarder icon) around that shows how well you did. It isn't always mentioned as a reward, but it will stick with you once the season wraps up.

-Shiro-
26th Oct 2015, 20:40
But thanking, to mister, - Shiro- everything was reduced to examination who by Pro and who isn't present

I think I fairly nuanced my point, and didn't want to offense you, sorry if I did.

Ysanoire
27th Oct 2015, 13:33
I hope there's not going to be an eternal banner.

Right now I am happy I can bow out of the race when I get to blood because the content rewards are what I care about. Don't make me grind more.

I thought it was agreed already that leagues are a grindfest?

Sasha_Vykos
27th Oct 2015, 13:37
Banner feedback noted.

As was previously mentioned, your participation in Leagues will net you a frame (or boarder icon) around that shows how well you did. It isn't always mentioned as a reward, but it will stick with you once the season wraps up.

I hope that the players can choose to have the border or not.. otherwise in TDM (i'm not considering here that u guys killed the only part in which u can play with a team of an esport wannabe competitive team based game) eternal players will probably not be able to play a single match anymore cause other players will start to dodge even more.