PDA

View Full Version : Great Journey... Dissapointing Destination *SPOILERS

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 07:56
I enjoyed the episode to the middle of it, too. But I am really, really angry now. Let's start.

1. The ending. Save Arcadia Bay or save Chloe and let thousands of people die? What a ****ed up choice this is?! Even if it wasn't Arcadia Bay, but just a random town, there were THOUSANDS of people! If you can't imagine saving unknown people instead of a friend, how about that: kill Chloe or Warren, Joyce, David, Frank, Principal Wells, Alyssa... And in the ending where Chloe is alive, they don't care about this at all. Hell, Chloe lost her mother and all her friends!
In all the previous episodes I didn't expect what will happen, and the idea of the whole ending scene came in mind of everybody 20 minutes after the beginning of Episode 1! Also, why did Max get the power when she can't use it or the entire town will be blew up? It's like: "Hey, if you will act normally, everything will be fine, here, take the powers that allow you to act differently!"

2. An hour lasting nightmare scene? Urgh! Why? And, the jokes to the player, like the bottle joke were funny but that looked like a player's dream, not Max's. Which leads me to another thing: she was dreaming only about the events in the game. I get the point but 1. I really wanted to get to know her past, a little at least, 2. again, it seemed like a player's nightmare, this game is about Max and her story, not The Stanley Parable. I'm not saying that this became the topic in the nightmare but I really wanted to keep focused on Max.
3. The choices were a huge punch in my face. I was waiting whole game to get consequences of the decisions you made with Chloe. It didn't mean single **** . It ends either "Max will undo everything" or "everybody will die so the decisions won't matter anyway". Does the choice about Victoria and the Dark Room change a single dialogue option? There's no reason to play it again, because the only thing that changes is the dialogue (a little)! The changes of the story aren't my main reason to play the game but I didn't expect that nothing will matter. Since nothing matters, I think that Dontnod could have done the game without the choices and leave just the story.

4. The ending. Again. Not only it is the most predictable ending, it also doesn't make any sense. What exactly causes the storm? Does Chloe have to die? Why did the tornado come to the town when Chloe was killed by Jefferson then? Does Max have to not alter time in any way? But she did act differently, when Nathan shot Chloe, Max ran out of the cover and cried "No!", so she altered time in some way. I assume that Max lost her powers when Nathan actually shot Chloe, but wasn't that the thing that triggered them?
And I really wanted to see Max Go Ape with Warren.
Also, the whole thing with the powers left Max there, where nothing happened, except she is emotionally wrecked now since she lost the moments with Chloe.

I am really sad that it ended this way but Polarized disappointed me a lot. I think that I am so affected by this because Life is Strange changed me and I have never felt that I can so much relate to a character (Max), especially Max's quiet and shy side. I could have cried in the end if I believed that it is happening and that's really the way how it all ends. The previous 4 episodes were absolute 10/10, this one is just about 5/10. It is still one of the best games I have ever played in my life though, if not the best.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 08:22
And when i wrote the exact same things about episode 4, you said how evil i am.

http://www.nocturnar.com/imagenes/ha-ha-nelson-nelson_haha.gif

What exactly causes the storm?

Warren said that it is because of cause-effect relation. How does it work? Well, you should be ashamed of yourself even for asking this question.

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 08:45
And when i wrote the exact same things about episode 4, you said how evil i am.

Warren said that it is because of cause-effect relation. How does it work? Well, you should be ashamed of yourself even for asking this question.

Warren has no clue what's going on.

And I didn't nearly say that you are evil. And I absolutely LOVE the game, whereas you hate it, so you have no reason to be here and play it (or watch, doesn't matter). And your posting how awful the game is in every thread was grotesque.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 08:57
Warren has no clue what's going on.

But of course he had not. Just like Maxine when she abounded William. But that didn't stop her.

And speaking of William... well... you know...

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 09:26
But of course he had not. Just like Maxine when she abounded William. But that didn't stop her.

And speaking of William... well... you know...

And Max knew that she needs to go back and let Chloe die. The thing is it doesn't make much sense, as explained in my first post. If somebody thinks I am not right with this, correct me.

You had good point with William, but we could argue that five years is a long time and anything could happen. She actually did that to David.
Let's make this a serious discussion and not just a set of sarcastic comments, I am tired of these.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 12:22
Let's make this a serious discussion and not just a set of sarcastic comments, I am tired of these.

strange to hear that from you. but whatever...

The thing is it doesn't make much sense

The thing does not make any sense, i'd say. Saving William caused no storm. We have some big sexy plothole here, right on the basis of the story.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 12:24

The thing does not make any sense, i'd say. Saving William caused no storm. We have some big sexy plothole here, right on the basis of the story.

That is because William is not the catalyst for the events that transpire, Chloe is.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 12:27
That is because William is not the catalyst for the events that transpire, Chloe is.
ЩИТО?

I mean that explanation explains nothing,

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 12:30
ЩИТО?

I mean that explanation explains nothing,

Well, your lack of understanding is not my concern.

Edit : To explain it plainly, everything starts when you see that blue butterfly in the bathroom and save Chloe's life. As stated at the end of the game through the dialog with Warren and Chloe, that single event changed everything and led to all the other events in the game, including your interactions with William. So saving William doesn't change the story since you are there in the first place because of the events that led from Chloe's death in the bathroom. I hope this clarifies it somewhat. Time travel can get very complicated at times indeed.

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 12:34

That were always you making sarcastic comments, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Chloe was the one that triggered the storm. Not that hard.

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 12:45
I enjoyed the episode to the middle of it, too. But I am really, really angry now. Let's start.

1. The ending. Save Arcadia Bay or save Chloe and let thousands of people die? What a ****ed up choice this is?! Even if it wasn't Arcadia Bay, but just a random town, there were THOUSANDS of people! If you can't imagine saving unknown people instead of a friend, how about that: kill Chloe or Warren, Joyce, David, Frank, Principal Wells, Alyssa... And in the ending where Chloe is alive, they don't care about this at all. Hell, Chloe lost her mother and all her friends!
In all the previous episodes I didn't expect what will happen, and the idea of the whole ending scene came in mind of everybody 20 minutes after the beginning of Episode 1! Also, why did Max get the power when she can't use it or the entire town will be blew up? It's like: "Hey, if you will act normally, everything will be fine, here, take the powers that allow you to act differently!"

2. An hour lasting nightmare scene? Urgh! Why? And, the jokes to the player, like the bottle joke were funny but that looked like a player's dream, not Max's. Which leads me to another thing: she was dreaming only about the events in the game. I get the point but 1. I really wanted to get to know her past, a little at least, 2. again, it seemed like a player's nightmare, this game is about Max and her story, not The Stanley Parable. I'm not saying that this became the topic in the nightmare but I really wanted to keep focused on Max.
3. The choices were a huge punch in my face. I was waiting whole game to get consequences of the decisions you made with Chloe. It didn't mean single **** . It ends either "Max will undo everything" or "everybody will die so the decisions won't matter anyway". Does the choice about Victoria and the Dark Room change a single dialogue option? There's no reason to play it again, because the only thing that changes is the dialogue (a little)! The changes of the story aren't my main reason to play the game but I didn't expect that nothing will matter. Since nothing matters, I think that Dontnod could have done the game without the choices and leave just the story.

4. The ending. Again. Not only it is the most predictable ending, it also doesn't make any sense. What exactly causes the storm? Does Chloe have to die? Why did the tornado come to the town when Chloe was killed by Jefferson then? Does Max have to not alter time in any way? But she did act differently, when Nathan shot Chloe, Max ran out of the cover and cried "No!", so she altered time in some way. I assume that Max lost her powers when Nathan actually shot Chloe, but wasn't that the thing that triggered them?
And I really wanted to see Max Go Ape with Warren.
Also, the whole thing with the powers left Max there, where nothing happened, except she is emotionally wrecked now since she lost the moments with Chloe.

I am really sad that it ended this way but Polarized disappointed me a lot. I think that I am so affected by this because Life is Strange changed me and I have never felt that I can so much relate to a character (Max), especially Max's quiet and shy side. I could have cried in the end if I believed that it is happening and that's really the way how it all ends. The previous 4 episodes were absolute 10/10, this one is just about 5/10. It is still one of the best games I have ever played in my life though, if not the best.

1. The ending is left open for interpretation. Just because the storm destroyed Arcadia Bay doesn't mean everyone died. They don't show it simply because they want people to make up their own ending. (My head-cannon is that David tried to collect as many people as he could and take them all to the Dark Room. #GoodGuyDavid).

2. I agree with you on this. The nightmare scene WAS TOO LONG! (However, I did appreciate the bottle joke. Hehe.)

3. I believe that the choices didn't matter in the first place (in the long-run anyway). All the choices that we made (except for the final one) had short-term consequences.

4. It was predictable, yes. Does it make sense? Well you can interpret the ending in any way you want.

The cause of the storm? Max created too many separate realities. Chaos Theory (As Chloe and Warren stated).

Does Chloe have to die? Left up to interpretation. Maybe Chloe doesn't necessarily have to die in order to prevent the storm. It all depends on what you think.

Why did the tornado come to the town when Chloe was killed by Jefferson then? At that point; Max had already screwed with time so much that no matter what, the storm was coming anyway. The point wasn't that "Chloe has to die to prevent the storm"; it was "You're messing with time too much. Don't you think you should be careful?"

Does Max have to not alter time in any way? Again, left up to interpretation. I believe that she can alter time, but she was doing it too much.

I think we all got caught up in thinking that our choices will make a huge impact. In truth, when you can rewind time; how much can they REALLY impact if you know what's going to happen next? However, I do appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 13:22
That were always you making sarcastic comments, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Chloe was the one that triggered the storm. Not that hard.

How?

Well, your lack of understanding is not my concern.

Edit : To explain it plainly, everything starts when you see that blue butterfly in the bathroom and save Chloe's life. As stated at the end of the game through the dialog with Warren and Chloe, that single event changed everything and led to all the other events in the game, including your interactions with William. So saving William doesn't change the story since you are there in the first place because of the events that led from Chloe's death in the bathroom. I hope this clarifies it somewhat. Time travel can get very complicated at times indeed.

Explanation like that it is not concern of mine either.

Simply because it is wrong.

Because after we saved Arcadia Bay by letting Chloe die original timeline is still heavily altered. Which means altering timeline by itself could not cause a storm. Which means storm was caused not by time travel, not by altering time line but by saving Chloe's life.

So saving William doesn't change the story since you are there in the first place because of the events that led from Chloe's death in the bathroom. I hope this clarifies it somewhat.

But there is no connection between reason why Maxine could save William and the consequences of saving William. For example, you can shoot someone in the head because you was forced to do so, or because you wanted to to so. That person would be equally dead in both cases,

So it is clarifies, in fact, nothing.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 13:29
The cause of the storm? Max created too many separate realities. Chaos Theory (As Chloe and Warren stated).
nope

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 13:38
You seem to have your mind already made up regarding anything added to this discussion...

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 13:47
You seem to have your mind already made up regarding anything added to this discussion...

well, if you can say why saving Chloe causes the storm you might be on something. But without that reason plot of this game simply makes no sense and no one would be able to fix it.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 13:55
How should I know, I think the why here is unrelevant when it comes to the story, even the characters briefly mention this and they go really no idea what is going on, just as I got no idea why this is happening (on a scientific basis). The "plot" doesn't need some science gimmicky "techno babble" reason to work.

Edit : and I find you avoid answering some question or add constructive items to the threads here, but then one can not have everything.

Rome1992
21st Oct 2015, 14:08
Well the journey wasn't not that disappointing for me in truth. This game is like a final destination movie to me, except this time the only victim was chloe. You tried to stop things from happening, but just like in the movie she still will have to face her fate at some point. So the sacrifice chloe ending is not at all disappointing to me, because that was Chloe's fate in the first place. And the episode showed that Max's changing the true destiny, comes great consequences.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 14:10
Edit : and I find you avoid answering some question or add constructive items to the threads here, but then one can not have everything.

If i avoid any question anywhere - you can ask it here, and i promise, i will answer.

How should I know, I think the why here is unrelevant when it comes to the story, even the characters briefly mention this and they go really no idea what is going on, just as I got no idea why this is happening (on a scientific basis).

There are can not be any scientific basis. Chaos theory simply does not work that way.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 14:24
There could be an scientific basis for the chaos theory, but I think we are years off if we ever figure than one out.

What do you mean by "why" in this case ? If you are not referring to the scientific "why", could it be the "mystical" why or why Chloe is the catalyst in this whole thing ?

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 15:07
There could be an scientific basis for the chaos theory, but I think we are years off if we ever figure than one out.
Nope. Chaos Theory it is a real scientific theory and it absolutely can not serve as explanation for the events of the game. I repeat, it does not work that way. End of story.

What do you mean by "why" in this case ?

How Chloe's survival connected to the storm. Without this explanation we have just bunch of stupid random crap with no meaning whatsoever.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 15:13
Nope. Chaos Theory it is a real scientific theory and it absolutely can not serve as explanation for the events of the game. I repeat, it does not work that way. End of story.

How Chloe's survival connected to the storm. Without this explanation we have just bunch of stupid random crap with no meaning whatsoever.

I should look up Chaos Theory then :) Thanks for that info.
Now have gotten that misunderstanding out of the way I feel a whole lot better.

I'll admit I am quite curious regarding Chloe is connection to the storm in the first place.
I did see a lot of meaning in this game, dialogs, conversations, characters and what not, but I understand that might not apply to everybody.
Still this was one hell of a ride for me witch did a lot for me on a personal level.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 15:49
I'll admit I am quite curious regarding Chloe is connection to the storm in the first place.

Well, it is pretty clear to me that is no explanation at all. Because if we have a self-contradictory plot, it would be very naive to demand a reasonable explanation.

I should look up Chaos Theory then Thanks for that info.

You're welcome. It is very interesting topic. Even this game can do something good)

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 15:56
Well, it is pretty clear to me that is no explanation at all. Because if we have a self-contradictory plot, it would be very naive to demand a reasonable explanation.

I wasn't trying to offer an explanation, just stating that I am very curious regarding the connection between the two.

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 16:18
Thats a whole different aspect I didn't think of. So does Max CREATE these alternate realities all together then? Because if she doesn't....why saving William doesn't cause a storm just makes that much less sense. Okay its Chloe who is tied to this. Why?

It blows getting NO answers at all in the finale of something....and just raising more questions. I really wish they had the balls to make the sacrifice Chloe ending everybody inside of a church shaking hands and looking happy....get it?

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 16:22
Thats a whole different aspect I didn't think of. So does Max CREATE these alternate realities all together then? Because if she doesn't....why saving William doesn't cause a storm just makes that much less sense. Okay its Chloe who is tied to this. Why?

It blows getting NO answers at all in the finale of something....and just raising more questions. I really wish they had the balls to make the sacrifice Chloe ending everybody inside of a church shaking hands and looking happy....get it?

It could be always be worse. The game could've ended in the middle of a....(hehe.)

Jokes aside. The ending is left up for you decide what happen.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 16:30

Getting no answers can be a very positive thing as well. Given the amount of books I read I come across this a lot, and I like it since it gives me a chance to ponder what is in those "holes" created in the story. I also am bothered less by this kinda thing because some times it doesn't have a direct connection, influence or consequences on the main antagonist in the story, but I always have an appetite for tidbits of information.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 16:41
Jokes aside. The ending is left up for you decide what happen.

No. we saw exactly what happened. The question is not "what" happened but "why".

And this reason "why" is simply non-existent. Because story is poorly written. I see no resolution to contradictions at hand.

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 16:42
Getting no answers can be a very positive thing as well. Given the amount of books I read I come across this a lot, and I like it since it gives me a chance to ponder what is in those "holes" created in the story. I also am bothered less by this kinda thing because some times it doesn't have a direct connection, influence or consequences on the main antagonist in the story, but I always have an appetite for tidbits of information.

There are a lot of things I NEVER expected us to get clarification on. Like where IS Rachel truly? Is it her spirit guiding us to solve her murder? Iwas cool with that...as it seemed like the kinda thing you could speculate with yourself about and feel like you pretty much have it figured out with no one really being wrong.

Or even where exactly Max got her power from. What bothers me the most is Max gets her power....at the exact moment in time where using it will kill everybody. Thus making so much pointless....Is Rachel selfishly raging from beyond the grave wanting to destroy the town? It adds this extra layer of wtf to the entire thing and we don't get anything out of it.

Basically just adds a million more questions to me and makes me rethink the entire game. Why does Max seemingly teleport back to her desk when she first sees Chloe die? It's as if she is DIRECTLY being told to save Chloe yet doing so will drop a nuke on the town.

YO DAWG I HEARD.....NVM.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 16:44
No. we saw exactly what happened. The question is not "what" happened but "why".

And this reason "why" is simply non-existent. Because story is poorly written. I see no resolution to contradictions at hand.

Has is crossed it your mind that there is no why ? Things happen with out a clear reason why.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 17:04
Has is crossed it your mind that there is no why ? Things happen with out a clear reason why.

So... the storm happened without any reason. But Chloe had to die because gladiolus.

There is even a word for it: "stupidity".

CrystalXPredator
21st Oct 2015, 17:13
I don't know but during my research to get some closure I found this article from GameSpot
This is what I was trying to tell how I see and trying to handle the ending, but I didn't know how to start it.
I will copy here some parts from it.

The episode also spends a hefty amount of time rehashing old events, reminding Max of conversations and interactions from previous episodes in the form of audio playing over her endless wandering. She retreads familiar places and learns nothing new, although it does provide a very chilling look inside her mind. She's worn out, scared, and utterly broken. It's clear she feels she's failed everyone, and with the apocalyptic tornado waiting just offshore of the sleepy Northwestern town, she's pressured to move fast through a sequence of events that looks and functions almost exactly like the final baffling, surrealist episode of David Lynch's Twin Peaks.

While all of this is going on, the storm Max created with the butterfly effect of her powers--Max says she created the storm but we never learn exactly how her decisions affect it--closes in on the town. The wind howls and rain drenches Max as she picks her way through the wreckage of buildings along the ocean--and yet there is no urgency. The people she encounters are calm. The sea level is rising and no one is even attempting to leave the shoreline. The tornado of the century is happening feet away and no one's hair moves. I had a hard time buying the "everyone is going to die" thing because Polarized fails to sell its apocalyptic stakes in any meaningful way.

All of this wraps up with a final choice, that--should you choose to go back and see both--is unbalanced. One possible ending is short and somewhat shallow, while the other rolls the most crushing scene in the series and then sends you on a sprawling visual journey in which Max appears to have learned something about how life works. It genuinely feels like one ending is an afterthought. But this choice is so divorced from everything you've done so far, the logical leaps characters make to come to this decision are curve balls. It's a heartbreaking climax handled clumsily.

You can read the article to the end from GameSpot if you like.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/life-is-strange-episode-five-review/1900-6416285/

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 17:13
So... the storm happened without any reason. But Chloe had to die because gladiolus.

There is even a word for it: "stupidity".

It reminds me of the memes from ME3 so much.

YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU DIDN'T WANT TO GET KILLED BY MACHINES YOU WILL MAKE....SO I MADE SOME MACHINES TO KILL YOU BEFORE YOU MAKE MACHINES THAT KILL YOU

YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU DON'T WANT YOUR TOWN TO GET DESTROYED BY A TORNADO. SO I GAVE YOU MAGICAL POWERS AT THE MOMENT YOUR FRIEND DIES THAT IF YOU USE CAUSES A TORNADO!!

http://minorityfortune.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Xzibit.jpg

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 17:17

You can have you opinion. I can have mine. Neither of us are wrong.

I feel like the story was not poorly written. Why? Because, from Episode 1, it was foreshadowing to this particular event. Everywhere you went you saw "Just let her go" and "This is bigger than you." Chloe was killed (or almost killed) or numerous occasion and yet Max rewound time to fix it each time. Predictable yes, but almost everything in today's world is predictable.

When Max rewound time, she created an alternate reality. Every time. Starting with the first rewind. The other reality still existed, it was just that Max (The one that we played) was in the newly created reality and she left behind an old Max. The more realities she created; the more the universe seemed to fall apart (snow, eclipse, two moons, and the tornado).

So it makes sense (predictable sense) that the end makes us choose between saving Chloe or saving the town (which, by the way, does not mean that people died. People could've evacuated before the tornado actually hit the town. We don't know for sure, but we can make up our own endings on that note).

Simply put. Max got her powers. We don't know why and I honestly don't think we really have to. The point of the story wasn't how or why Max got her powers it was the journey between two best friends (or lovers if you prefer) as they tried to make sense of the world around them. Now, people have made many theories as to why Max got her powers, why Chloe had to die, and why this and that.

That doesn't mean the "why" is non-existent. It's what we make it to be. This whole story was about theories and exploration. About what would you do if you had the ability to rewind time (if you even wanted to rewind time). About how not everyone is what they seem. (David, Jefferson, Victoria, and Nathan to name the few big ones). And, for the most part, the reunion of two best friends.

Now you can freely dislike the story if you want do (which you have already done numerous time). That's your opinion. But I will tell you that trying to bring logic into a game where you have the ability to rewind time is only going to make you miserable in the end. Video Games, Books, Movies, TV Shows, and the like do NOT (repeat do NOT) always confine with the ideas of reality. That's why we read/watch/play/experience them. To escape from reality for just a little bit and get absorbed into someone else's story.

I hope you find something that you can enjoy someday.

Xeva-q
21st Oct 2015, 18:03

I never denied your right to have your wrong opinion. Like i care.:)

When Max rewound time, she created an alternate reality.

it is nothing more but wild assumption based on literally nothing. If that would be the case, what exactly happened when time was stoped completely?

The more realities she created; the more the universe seemed to fall apart (snow, eclipse, two moons, and the tornado).

This is simply wrong based on the events of the game. The storm was local. The rest of the world was left intact. So, all damage produced by universe falling apart was storm on the small town? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

So it makes sense (predictable sense) that the end makes us choose between saving Chloe or saving the town

How? another universes by your conception was already created. And now by creating one more is it expected to time return back to normal?

But I will tell you that trying to bring logic into a game where you have the ability to rewind time is only going to make you miserable in the end.

yeah. <censored> logic. never liked it anyway.

And so... you way to protect this em... story is denying logic itself. Great. It won't get any better that this.:)

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 18:10

I feel like the story was not poorly written. Why? Because, from Episode 1, it was foreshadowing to this particular event. Everywhere you went you saw "Just let her go" and "This is bigger than you." Chloe was killed (or almost killed) or numerous occasion and yet Max rewound time to fix it each time. Predictable yes, but almost everything in today's world is predictable.

When Max rewound time, she created an alternate reality. Every time. Starting with the first rewind. The other reality still existed, it was just that Max (The one that we played) was in the newly created reality and she left behind an old Max. The more realities she created; the more the universe seemed to fall apart (snow, eclipse, two moons, and the tornado).

So it makes sense (predictable sense) that the end makes us choose between saving Chloe or saving the town (which, by the way, does not mean that people died. People could've evacuated before the tornado actually hit the town. We don't know for sure, but we can make up our own endings on that note).

Simply put. Max got her powers. We don't know why and I honestly don't think we really have to. The point of the story wasn't how or why Max got her powers it was the journey between two best friends (or lovers if you prefer) as they tried to make sense of the world around them. Now, people have made many theories as to why Max got her powers, why Chloe had to die, and why this and that.

That doesn't mean the "why" is non-existent. It's what we make it to be. This whole story was about theories and exploration. About what would you do if you had the ability to rewind time (if you even wanted to rewind time). About how not everyone is what they seem. (David, Jefferson, Victoria, and Nathan to name the few big ones). And, for the most part, the reunion of two best friends.

Now you can freely dislike the story if you want do (which you have already done numerous time). That's your opinion. But I will tell you that trying to bring logic into a game where you have the ability to rewind time is only going to make you miserable in the end. Video Games, Books, Movies, TV Shows, and the like do NOT (repeat do NOT) always confine with the ideas of reality. That's why we read/watch/play/experience them. To escape from reality for just a little bit and get absorbed into someone else's story.

I hope you find something that you can enjoy someday.

But when Max goes through the photo to let Chloe die in the bathroom, haven't she just made another reality?
Anyway, thank you, you made me feel better about the ending. :)

StrangerThanFiction
21st Oct 2015, 18:15
But when Max goes through the photo to let Chloe die in the bathroom, haven't she just made another reality?

EXACTLY! Max can't escape the time warp! :D

I mean time loop! Haha.

Anyway, thank you, you made me feel better about the ending. :)

No problem. I understand that the ending can be frustrating. Last year I was having a hard time trying to deal with how one of my favorite book series ended.

Now I have to make more head-cannon endings in which I take Veronica Roth's and Dontnod's toys away from them until they learn how to take care of them properly. :lmao:.

Rome1992
22nd Oct 2015, 00:52
The ending of ending probably is one of those endings where the developers will leave to us on what do you think will happen next on their story. And for me(i chose the sac chloe one) the game ends with the camera moving closer and closer to max before she gave a little smile. Who knows, maybe a few moments after that she will have their nosebleed again and go back to another reality. For me though, all of her photo journey are still existing in different realities. Even the william one, So i think It's up to us to interpret what will happen then.