PDA

View Full Version : Formal Request for Another Ending

Parbruek
21st Oct 2015, 00:53
This is a thread I put up to see whether other people would like Dontnod to release another ending. It wouldn't have to be an ending accessible to everyone. It could even be a secret ending, which you only get if you make all the right choices. (Perhaps such a secret ending already exists.) But if another ending doesn't exist, please, Dontnod, release one, or at least release modding tools to allow one to be made, 'cause currently it looks like my choices didn't matter. It's like Mass Effect 3 again.

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 04:21
This is a thread I put up to see whether other people would like Dontnod to release another ending. It wouldn't have to be an ending accessible to everyone. It could even be a secret ending, which you only get if you make all the right choices. (Perhaps such a secret ending already exists.) But if another ending doesn't exist, please, Dontnod, release one, or at least release modding tools to allow one to be made, 'cause currently it looks like my choices didn't matter. It's like Mass Effect 3 again.

I love how 9 out of 10 comments I see people making about LIS right now is about how bad the endings are. I really can't believe this happened. Mass Effect 3 was probably the last story I really let myself get invested in.....and now LIS. The same freaking thing happens again. Some confusing unclear ending that explains nothing...contradicts itself...and makes nothing we did matter.

Corinth
21st Oct 2015, 17:00
I just don't like the "Choices Matter" theme... and it comes down to the ending... our Choices didn't matter at all.

In Ending #1, 90% of the choices you made have to do with people who are now dead and it doesn't matter.
In Ending #2, pretty much ALL of the choices you made have been "retconned" in-game and no longer have any meaning.

So... "Choices Matter"? Not really. It all comes down to Blue Pill/Red Pill ending and I'm kinda disappointed that this happened again, after the uproar over Mass Effect 3. Surely the guys at Dontnod heard of Mass Effect 3 and how that ending went down. I can't even begin to understand why they'd do the same thing (basically) here.

It isn't that I dislike or hate the game, I really don't... but giving us Butterfly Effect and giving us big huge "This action will have consequences..." after many decisions and then at the very end going "nope, none of that stuff is gonna change the ending" is like a slap in the face almost.

I could go through the game a 2nd time, and make the opposite choices, and the ending would still boil down to the exact same Blue Pill Or Red Pill ending.

That's what I have against the ending.

MisterWind
21st Oct 2015, 20:18
I could go through the game a 2nd time, and make the opposite choices, and the ending would still boil down to the exact same Blue Pill Or Red Pill ending.

That's what I have against the ending.

I agree!!

Lehkeri
21st Oct 2015, 21:44
I'd pay for an epilogue DLC, even for a "3rd ending" DLC.

--TIE--
21st Oct 2015, 23:39
+1 simply thats it :) *G*

Dire87
22nd Oct 2015, 01:45
Supported

JohnnyPepsi
22nd Oct 2015, 10:00
Well...

You have to think about what this entails. Making a Director's Cut would imply that DontNod made a mistake with what they did, and they'll most likely raise the "artistic integrity" flag, which certainly is their right. That, or they'd admit that they didn't have the time or the resources to do what they really wanted to do, which reflects quite poorly on SquareEnix, who, y'know, would have to pay for and distribute this content. Do I think DontNod would put themselves and their publisher in that position? No, I don't think they would.

On the other hand...

The thing you may not have noticed about SquareEnix? They're SquareEnix! They tried to get us to Augment Our Pre-Orders not too long ago. Would I put, say, a special Director's Cut version of the game for the retail disc version past them? No. No I wouldn't. They might take the villain jacket to goose sales of the disc.

Because the thing is, DontNod soiled the bed. And I'm pretty sure they know it. Because remember the Mass Effect 3 brouhaha? The event that made the entire BioWare faithful start drooling, twitching, baking cupcakes and sending death threats? Well, Life is Strange supporters have done the one thing that is truly, truly worse than that.

They've gone quiet.

I've been perusing the internet since the episode came out, and the reaction hasn't been theatrical, or loud, or even particularly all that venomous (though there has been some theatricality, loudness and venom to be sure). It's been muted. Muted doesn't sell merchandise or retail discs. Enthusiasm has just... tapered off.

What I'm saying is this: There is, like a painfully low chance of what you're proposing coming to pass. But a painfully low chance is still a chance. Until we get news on the retail release, we aren't out of the woods.

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 10:46
They kinda did admit they ran out of budget and time. That is listed as one of the reasons the other (my preferred ending) is shorter and seem to be missing something. I really hope they'll be able to do that ending the way they really wanted.

JohnnyPepsi
22nd Oct 2015, 11:12
They kinda did admit they ran out of budget and time. That is listed as one of the reasons the other (my preferred ending) is shorter and seem to be missing something. I really hope they'll be able to do that ending the way they really wanted.

It's the darnedest thing, though. They had extra time to work on it, yet if you hadn't told me, I would have sworn it was rushed. Maybe Mass Effect 3 isn't the apt comparison. Maybe Duke Nukem Forever is.

Okay, I apologize for that last one, that was over the line, even for me.

MCMLXX
22nd Oct 2015, 12:22

I totally agree!

MCMLXX
22nd Oct 2015, 12:38

I agree.....The "save Chloe" ending was very short and INCOMPLETE. I hope they'll fixed it...somehow..

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 12:44
I sent them a tweet yesterday asking if the story was done or if there'll be any future DLC or additional content. They didn't answer, which was expected.

I do hope they'll make some sort of official statement at some point. Again, I'd pay good money if they went back to, at least, the shorter ending and expanded that a bit. It doesn't need much, even a few graphic slides might do the trick. They have the time to do that now.

--TIE--
22nd Oct 2015, 13:01
Maybe a Kickstarter can bring enought money so they will work on at a directors cut version / extended 5th Episode!?

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 13:02
Maybe a Kickstarter can bring enought money so they will work on at a directors cut version / extended 5th Episode!?

I'd back that.

--TIE--
22nd Oct 2015, 14:08
yeah me too. at least a game that worth it.

Happy172
22nd Oct 2015, 15:14
Absolutely, please make a new ending !!!!!, 100% will buy

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 15:28

Speaking of "secret" endings, I do like the idea that a "better" ending would be available only if you do certain things prior. And by prior I mean episodes prior.

Perhaps there could be survivors in Sacrifice Arcadia -ending based on your interaction with characters before the end? There are a lot of possibilities.

But in the end, the main thing I want is more stuff added to the endings, at least the Sacrifice Arcadia -one. It needs more content.

Ross42899
22nd Oct 2015, 16:59
Personally I don't need an additional third ending. But I would love to see the endings expanded upon. Especially the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It felt a bit lackluster and short. Didn't explain enough for me. Lacks closure.

A few things I personally would love to see added to the ending:

- if you kissed Chloe earlier in the game, add a short shot to the final scene where the two kiss again [so at least the "kiss Chloe" choice would matter]
- show us a few survivors of Arcadia Bay. It feels way too sad and dark that there are no survivors at all. [and IMO it's unrealistic too, that no one survived]
- show us that at least a few of the minor/side characters survived.

And another user made a nice suggestion in one of the other forums. He suggested to add somekind of "epilogue photo slide show". This would be very easy to add and would add closure to some of the characters. You could show what happened to the characters (and even take some of our choices into account).

MCMLXX
22nd Oct 2015, 18:37
Personally I don't need an additional third ending. But I would love to see the endings expanded upon. Especially the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It felt a bit lackluster and short. Didn't explain enough for me. Lacks closure.

- if you kissed Chloe earlier in the game, add a short shot to the final scene where the two kiss again [so at least the "kiss Chloe" choice would matter]
- show us a few survivors of Arcadia Bay. It feels way too sad and dark that there are no survivors at all. [and IMO it's unrealistic too, that no one survived]

And another user made a nice suggestion in one of the other forums. He suggested to add somekind of "epilogue photo slide show". This would be very easy to add and would add closure to some of the characters. You could show what happened to the characters (and even take some of our choices into account).

I agree.
- I saved Chloe.I kissed Chloe.....Chloe is in love with Max.. but in the ending ...nothing happened. But instead If you kill Chloe...Max kiss her again.

- The town seems abandoned.. Where are dead bodies?..Where are survivors?
C'mon!Someone must have survived! ................(Maybe... Joyce...David...Kate..)

Anyway.... Chloe and Max leave the town without searching for possible survivors?!!

Lehkeri
22nd Oct 2015, 18:39

Expansion to the Sacrifice Arcadia -ending would suffice, if they would do it. It really needs something more. Please.

Ross42899
22nd Oct 2015, 19:39
Yes. It definitely needs a few additions.

I know Dontnod isn't a big company, so they don't have as much resources as a big gaming studio, but there's no need for a complete overhaul of the ending or to change the actual outcome of the game or anything.

All it needs IMO is some polishing. A few extra shots showing some survivors. An optional kiss scene between Max and Chloe. Maybe an extra line by Max or Chloe talking about their future plans, etc. Just some minor additions so the end feels a bit more satisfying and adds closure. IMO this would be easy to add and doesn't need many resources.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 01:02
Okay, this is pretty well done

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/490123938427543245/

VixzerZ
23rd Oct 2015, 01:05
I loved the Ending options, they were made to be heartbreaking like that, while there was a lot they did not explain it does not take away the wonderful ride, experience, emotions (even conflicted ones) I had through the game, so no, I just want to say here that I Do Not Agree that we need another ending, maybe a few additions would have been good to each ending though....

Just my two cents.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 09:19
Okay, this is pretty well done

lovley right <3<3

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 10:39
I loved the Ending options, they were made to be heartbreaking like that, while there was a lot they did not explain it does not take away the wonderful ride, experience, emotions (even conflicted ones) I had through the game, so no, I just want to say here that I Do Not Agree that we need another ending, maybe a few additions would have been good to each ending though....

Just my two cents.

There doesn't have to be a new ending, these two are very good ones already. But if they'd like to make more, I wouldn't object. I believe many people mix up the wish to expand these (at least the shorter one) with having a new one. Dontnod said they ran out of money and/or time (not directly, but heavily implied) and couldn't make the ending they wanted. This is what I want done. The ending(s) they originally wanted to do, without cuts.

JohnnyPepsi
23rd Oct 2015, 10:57
Well, part of me wants this director's cut because everyone, from Dontnod, to us, to the characters themselves, deserve better than what we got.

Yet part of me doesn't want it, because not doing it will hurt them in the long run, and it won't be easy for them to pull anything like this ever again. Because make no mistake, Dontnod didn't sell this game. SquareEnix didn't sell this game. We did. We talked about it, we LetsPlayed, we bugged our friends. Our goodwill was the rock upon which they built their church, and that goodwill is vastly diminished after these endings. Like it or lump it, for a great deal of people, "From the Makers of Life is Strange" is less a selling point and more a warning label. You wanna live by the Shyalaman, you best be prepared to go broke by the Shyamalan. This action will have consequences.

And even a third part of me wants it more than anything because if they did release a director's cut, then... then that means... that they had to go back to fix a past mistake! Irony: It's not just what iron tastes like.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 11:14
Yet part of me doesn't want it, because not doing it will hurt them in the long run, and it won't be easy for them to pull anything like this ever again.

Right but...with that ending bcs. of runing out of money/time or even publisher forced give´s me a bad feeling about other games from dontnod in the futuer. I buy LIS, played it and be stuned by it for Episodes 1-4. Now the 5th is out and...you read it all over the www. at least it´s rated as "not so good"

Now I had to make the decission should I buy "Vampyre" or better wait until all episodes are out. Same sort of game...Idk atm realy. Not to fix it can damage them too...

I learnd now they need money BEFORE they go on with further episodes...but with LiS in mind I would prefere to wait until the last episode is done.

Arcadiagamer
23rd Oct 2015, 11:24
We can do a online petition or something like that for director cut or lis2 with same characters.

CrystalXPredator
23rd Oct 2015, 11:36
We can do a online petition or something like that for director cut or lis2 with same characters.

I would sign it, with the option to donate. :o

Ross42899
23rd Oct 2015, 12:00
I would sign it, with the option to donate. :o

I would sign too and maybe donate a few €. And I would even pay another €5 for an "improved ending". Something I usually wouldn't do, but I would do it definitely if Dontnod decided to improve upon the current ending.

LiS Season 2 with the same characters would be nice too, but before a possible season 2 might be worked on, we need a polished "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It just feels something is missing. Like it said earlier: All wee need is some polishing and improvements to the current "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending and I would totally be satisfied.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 13:30
I would sign too and maybe donate a few €. And I would even pay another €5 for an "improved ending". Something I usually wouldn't do, but I would do it definitely if Dontnod decided to improve upon the current ending.

LiS Season 2 with the same characters would be nice too, but before a possible season 2 might be worked on, we need a polished "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It just feels something is missing. Like it said earlier: All wee need is some polishing and improvements to the current "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending and I would totally be satisfied.

I just wish Dontnod would say something. All it would take for them is to either say "we're looking into it" or "We're done with the endings". That would be enough for me. I honestly just want some sort of response from them.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 13:47
I just wish Dontnod would say something. All it would take for them is to either say "we're looking into it" or "We're done with the endings". That would be enough for me. I honestly just want some sort of response from them.

I hope (I know I am pretty naive) the longer it takes until they give us a statment (if they give us a statement) they only checking the options they have..yes/no/more money -> DLC or Kickstarter or anything like this. btw I think they wont choose a DLC bcs. they have to spend money bevore they make money too much risk with empty pockets.

CrystalXPredator
23rd Oct 2015, 15:18
I hope (I know I am pretty naive) the longer it takes until they give us a statment (if they give us a statement) they only checking the options they have..yes/no/more money -> DLC or Kickstarter or anything like this. btw I think they wont choose a DLC bcs. they have to spend money bevore they make money too much risk with empty pockets.

I hope it too so you aren't naive then. <3

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 16:57
I am not alone *g* crossing fingers!

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 19:53
This seems like an official tweet from the devs

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/656764347415289856

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 20:02
Realy...lol...sounds like a bad joke. Such a nice story and than their muse vanished at the end. Feels like "no comment" statement between the lines.

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 20:10
To be perfectly honest, at this moment I'd settle with a plain Q&A. If they cannot or will not touch the "Car ending", I'd like them to explain stuff. Something like this would be sufficient

Did everyone die?
Yes

Why didn't they stop?
They didn't want to face the devastation

Is Chloe safe from fate?
Yes

What happens next?
They're both alive and move on with their lives either as best friends or together.

This would be sufficient for me at the moment. I am really losing hope.

MCMLXX
23rd Oct 2015, 20:47
To be perfectly honest, at this moment I'd settle with a plain Q&A. If they cannot or will not touch the "Car ending", I'd like them to explain stuff. Something like this would be sufficient

Did everyone die?
Yes

Why didn't they stop?
They didn't want to face the devastation

Is Chloe safe from fate?
Yes

What happens next?
They're both alive and move on with their lives either as best friends or together.

This would be sufficient for me at the moment. I am really losing hope.

...... me too.

Ross42899
23rd Oct 2015, 20:51
IMO the statement doesn't say a lot. All I get from it is, that the main plot/outcome was planned all along. Nothing on specific details (of things which might have been changed/cut/added) here.

As I said many times before, my personal problem is a lack of content/closure/explanation in the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. Not the final choices themselves or how they played out at all. So, I don't have a problem with the statement by the devs and can accept that it has been their vision all along.

Nevertheless I still think that a polished and improved "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending is needed. It really feels like they ran out of time and had to cut a few things. So I'm still hoping for at least some minor additions in the near future.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 21:05
For me its a little bit from both. The simplest thing to fix is the "save chloe" ending and give it a little bit more content and LiS-Soul-Feeling. What´s not so simple, I reale tought my decisions I made over the game had an weight at the end and they had not.

With this in mind I wont buy such a game from dontnod again. Than its realy enought to watch some let´s play´s bcs. my own story or choices out of the game didnt mean anything.

Ross42899
23rd Oct 2015, 21:12
What´s not so simple, I reale tought my decisions I made over the game had an weight at the end and they had not.

Yeah. Of course that's an issue too. At least a few decisions should have mattered at the end. If they decide to expand upon the "Save Chloe" ending, I think they should show that some of the minor characters survived the storm. But who survived should be based upon our previous decisions. This way the ending would add some closure to several minor characters and take some of our previous actions into account.

MCMLXX
23rd Oct 2015, 21:20
Petition for Life is Strange.Extended ending/additional content

https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-enterntainment-square-enix-extended-ending-additional-content-for-life-is-strange?recruiter=410113946&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Malkav0
23rd Oct 2015, 21:21
I kinda took (much) time to write a proper/alternate way to present the endings here:
If you want to take a look and give me your opinions (it's quite long, sorry, I explained how/why I weighted things for variations)

You can also find it here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182373

Now you can help to achieve the "notice me DONTNOD-senpai" feat of strength :p

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 21:39
Malkav0 @ steam my name is "Wasp" I saw you very well made post allready! I realy realy hope some officials from dontnod or square enix show up and give it a chance. I allready sink about 200 Euro in other kickstart projects (and I back only two atm) so I am ready to sink more / give more money for such an lovely ending like you create!

@ Ross42899
I know its almost impossible but I hope for more than this two choices or endings but you are right at least the minor chars from the story should had a role in the sacrifice arcadia end...like Malkav0 make it in his post.

Ross42899
23rd Oct 2015, 21:47
Just signed the petition. I'm really hoping it will help.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 21:52

https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-enterntainment-square-enix-extended-ending-additional-content-for-life-is-strange?recruiter=410113946&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Done!

My vote and money is in the pot! thx for the link MCMLXX

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 22:20
Done!

My vote and money is in the pot! thx for the link MCMLXX

Ditto

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 22:35

Also, perhaps this needs to be shared a lot if one wants to have an impact of any kind.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 22:40
Spread it allready under freinds :)

Lehkeri
23rd Oct 2015, 22:44
Spread it allready under freinds :)

Yeah, but perhaps reddit and even the... steam forums. It needs to be posted by someone with thick skin, so that surely isn't me :D

Ross42899
23rd Oct 2015, 22:45

BTW: Did you already post a link to the petition on the Steam forums? There's a lot of activity too, so I think many people will see it there.

ttp://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/#

CrystalXPredator
23rd Oct 2015, 23:09
I signed it. I hope we get that achievement.

--TIE--
23rd Oct 2015, 23:34
Done!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/490123938431256577/

Yeah, but perhaps reddit and even the... steam forums. It needs to be posted by someone with thick skin, so that surely isn't me :D

I dont care about what other ppl think about it so long they simply sign in *g* let the ****storm begin...and hopefully a few sign in.

--TIE--
24th Oct 2015, 00:01
Ah btw. I think a ****storm would help to keep the discussion up *g* so I don´t need to push it every day *g* eben bad publicity is publicity

Maybe I should say anything very stupid in the steam thread so eveybody rages out or must post a statement...

--TIE--
24th Oct 2015, 00:19
And also here I open a new Thread direct under Life Is Strange General discussion so the link and the petition wont get lost.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182400

Mission done...wait for further signups :)

Happy172
24th Oct 2015, 03:09
Done, you should post this on Reddit too.

Lehkeri
24th Oct 2015, 10:03
Hmm, this is rather sad, actually.

https://twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/657336158800711680

--TIE--
24th Oct 2015, 10:31
Yeha poetry and art compared to games...they never can undestand it bcs. you dont kill hordes of Aliens or humans and there is no highscore *g*

Happy172
24th Oct 2015, 10:35
well, if you read their review, one of the reasons why Episode 5 's mark is low is because of its ending and final choices. And it affects the whole game, so sad indeed.
Gamespot : " Final choices feel divorced from decisions you've made so far"
IGN : "Binary ending"

--TIE--
24th Oct 2015, 10:42
@Happyl72

With that...they are right.

The german gamestar give it 85% (http://http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/life-is-strange/wertung/51512.html) I never think they will do that but...hey they do...so not all reveiws over the www. judge the whole series with only the final episode in mind.

CrystalXPredator
24th Oct 2015, 12:08
I just supported the petition with 10 bucks.:group_hug:

Ross42899
24th Oct 2015, 12:13
It's unfair to judge the game just by the ending. I'm not totally satisfied with the last 20 minutes either but up to that point the game was great. A very unique experience.

BTW: When Mass Effect 3 came out, it was almost exact the opposite with the great gaming sites. They totally prised the game and almost completely ignored the controvers ending in their reviews. Now they give low reviews because of the ending? You should always rate something in it's entirety. In the context.

Malkav0
24th Oct 2015, 13:00
It's unfair to judge the game just by the ending. I'm not totally satisfied with the last 20 minutes either but up to that point the game was great. A very unique experience.

BTW: When Mass Effect 3 came out, it was almost exact the opposite with the great gaming sites. They totally prised the game and almost completely ignored the controvers ending in their reviews. Now they give low reviews because of the ending? You should always rate something in it's entirety. In the context.

That's unfair, totally, but it was predictable. Reviewers reacted "hot", probably shortly after being disappointed by the ending, while if you take time and look back, LiS is a wonderful piece of art, story, and characters-wise. Dontnod probably did not have the opportunity to create something else than "simple" endings, short on ressources and timing, under pressure of contracts, but it could not pass the border unnoticed, and it was a shot in the foot.
LiS deserve great reviews for the whole thing, with addition of constructive criticism as to why the ending ruined the experience for some, so that it can be improved.

JohnnyPepsi
24th Oct 2015, 17:03
See, that's a line of defense that's been popping up that I just don't get. They say they ran out of money and time, and yeah, okay, I believe them. But that doesn't mean the time and money they did have weren't mismanaged to the detriment of the episode. A thirty minute dream sequence riddled with stealth sections and internet memes was prioritized over the ending of the game. Blaming Dontnod is not unreasonable.

And it is totally fair to dock a game dearly for its conclusion. Those endings were all it took for me to take it from a ten to a seven. From "The best game since Silent Hill 2" to "Yeah, it's good, but there are heavy caveats before you go in." The last thing you play is the first thing you think about, parting impressions are every last bit as important as first impressions, and those who say the journey matters more than the destination clearly never sailed on the Titanic.

Although to be fair, the endings to Life is Strange are better than the endings to Mass Effect 3, if for no other reason than that the different endings are, well, different endings. You're not choosing which color war criminal you want to be.

Now... Oh, what the hell. I signed it.

MCMLXX
25th Oct 2015, 22:28
Very cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uemejfrD8

Lehkeri
25th Oct 2015, 22:43
Very cute!

I do love the stuff people come up with :) It's a sign this game has passionate fans. This video also demonstrates how easy it would be to add more info on the actual ending, to provide closure. To show and tell.

CrystalXPredator
25th Oct 2015, 22:53
Very cute!

This is an ending which I can deal with and use my own imagination further, because it gives me much more headroom.

I do love the stuff people come up with :) It's a sign this game has passionate fans. This video also demonstrates how easy it would be to add more info on the actual ending, to provide closure. To show and tell.

Yes this is really awesome I am totally speechless, just wow

JohnnyPepsi
26th Oct 2015, 10:21
Guys?

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/658486830397001729

It's over.

I'm sorry.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honor.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 10:50
Guys?

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/658486830397001729

It's over.

I'm sorry.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honor.

Yes but you know what never surrender! There is still hope and together we can made it.
He said that if he would do the game again he won't change almost anything. I understand that he wouldn't change the story but there is still hope he would polish the endings or at least "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" and he knows that.

This is what I still hope for.

Lehkeri
26th Oct 2015, 10:57
I suppose that's that, then. If they're happy, we have to respect that.

--TIE--
26th Oct 2015, 11:41
Never ever give up and money talks.

I am not done with it. He only says he wont (mostly) change anything. The petiton at lowest target is for an better ending not a new one. Only a little bit polishing :) And if they realize they can make money with it, mybe not now in the heated phase but in a month or two or after the lettes arrive, they maybe change their minds.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 11:53
Never ever give up and money talks.

I am not done with it. He only says he wont (mostly) change anything. The petiton at lowest target is for an better ending not a new one. Only a little bit polishing :) And if they realize they can make money with it, mybe not now in the heated phase but in a month or two or after the lettes arrive, they maybe change their minds.

Exactly, I understand that too that they won't do a rework of the season 1 story. It only needs some polish for the ending. Nothing more and they said that they haven't got the time to finish the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending.

Arcadiagamer
26th Oct 2015, 11:58
While a game have sucess, there it's always a chance of a second part/new edition show. We must show that the game it's great and we like it very much!

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 12:11
They better take their time with the next (if will be) one and not rush it out like some shovelware. Making a quality product takes time and planning.

I hope I won't see part two of Life is Strange for like a year or two given the fact how deeply the game effected me in the first place.

I would love to know how Maxine would fare after the ending of the game (no matter which one will be used).

Tataboj
26th Oct 2015, 12:32
If I had to really change one thing, it would be ending. But I don't want to add anything to it, it just was too predictable for me.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 13:22
Just when I found these unused audio files it really seems to me they wanted to make episode 5 longer than current

https://instaud.io/search?q=LiS_VO check this out guys there a so many unused audio files especially from Nathan hey should have more scene but they just cut it.

I also want just a polishing ending how they usually wanted to be but couldn't >.>
Life is .. so not fair

Ross42899
26th Oct 2015, 13:22
Exactly, I understand that too that they won't do a rework of the season 1 story. It only needs some polish for the ending. Nothing more and they said that they haven't got the time to finish the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending.

Yes. This. A 1000 times this. We don't need a completely rewritten ending or additional endings. We don't need the endings to be changed content wise (= new outcome, etc.). I respect their artistic vision completely. But the existing ending (especially the sacrifice AB) needs a bit polishing. Said this in a steam thread as well. I like WHAT is presented at the ending but not HOW it is presented. And they could make it better with just a little bit polishing and fleshing out. the current way it is presented leaves to much room for interpretation at some points.

Lehkeri
26th Oct 2015, 13:29
Yes. This. A 1000 times this. We don't need a completely rewritten ending or additional endings. We don't need the endings to be changed content wise (= new outcome, etc.). I respect their artistic vision completely. But the existing ending (especially the sacrifice AB) needs a bit polishing. Said this in a steam thread as well. I like WHAT is presented at the ending but not HOW it is presented. And they could make it better with just a little bit polishing and fleshing out. the current way it is presented leaves to much room for interpretation at some points.

Agreed.

Ross42899
26th Oct 2015, 14:06
Very cute!

That's indeed a well made fan ending and something I was expecting as a "real" ending. That's what I was expecting if you made some "right" decisions throughout the game. Some characters do survive. Not everyone is dead and you get somekind of epilogue. Plus you have the optional kiss between Chloe & Max in the sacrfice AB ending as well. If you made some "wrong" decisions throughout the game or you romanced Warren the photo slide show should be a bit different of course [Kate is dead, Warren & Max are a couple, "Wrong" decisions lead to more casualties in the storm, etc.].

So this video is IMO a good example of how Dontnod could "polish" the current ending without a lot of work or resources. It could be implemented very easily into the game. And IMO still would fit to the artistic vision the devs had (well, there need to be some casualties in the storm nevertheless. If no one dies, the "Sacrfice" wouldn't be one at all).

Lehkeri
26th Oct 2015, 14:18
The petition, btw, passed 4000 signatures. That's a lot of people.

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 14:38
I wouldn't mind if Warren and Brooke would end up with Warren if you choose not to be anything more than friends and talk to Brooke in the Vortex Club party. I think those 2 would make a cute couple.This would only happen is if you choose to end up with Chloe of course.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 14:40
Very cute!

This is what I want an epilogue that shows and reflect your decision's. Maybe not to much as in the video. Dunno it felt great for me since I love happy endings but this a bit to much no offense! But i love it, it's really great I was crying because it is so long since I saw a happy ending like this one. :(

The petition, btw, passed 4000 signatures. That's a lot of people.

Yes it's amazing the community have reached.

By the way did anybody notice that earlier that if you play Life is Strange without making friends or prank them it doesn't matter 'cause everyone get wiped out so Max doesn't need to care they are leaving anyway OR you go back to bathroom like nothing happend Warren didn't know Max kissed him? xD

I know I am an ass ^-^ but this happend 'cause of my new playthrough :(

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 14:44
I would argue that Maxine cares from the starts, her actions and internal dialog (thoughts if you like) speak for themself. :) You how ever might see it all differently. :tongue2:

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 15:07
I would argue that Maxine cares from the starts, her actions and internal dialog (thoughts if you like) speak for themself. :) You how ever might see it all differently. :tongue2:

This and pretty much this :D

--TIE--
26th Oct 2015, 15:11
By the way did anybody notice that earlier that if you play Life is Strange without making friends or prank them it doesn't matter 'cause everyone get wiped out so Max doesn't need to care they are leaving anyway OR you go back to bathroom like nothing happend Warren didn't know Max kissed him? xD

I know I am an ass ^-^ but this happend 'cause of my new playthrough :(

Nope that was my first tought (during the sacrifice Chloe epilog) that I (if I) made s second playthrough I dont had to care for everything. Handycaped found...? take the money Chloe...throw the bone on the streets to see little dogy´s die...I am in for it...! This end, for me killed the replayability of the game...almost instantly in the second I see this binary choice at the end. Ahhh okay...nice try to be nice but you dont have to.

Thats is the biggest disadvantage in the game. I want to play it again but...simply...why? I am ending up with the same bs...

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 15:16
Nope that was my first tought (during the sacrifice Chloe epilog) that I (if I) made s second playthrough I dont had to care for everything. Handycaped found...? take the money Chloe...throw the bone on the streets to see little dogy´s die...I am in for it...! This end, for me killed the replayability of the game...almost instantly in the second I see this binary choice at the end. Ahhh okay...nice try to be nice but you dont have to.

Thats is the biggest disadvantage in the game. I want to play it again but...simply...why? I am ending up with the same bs...

Hmm... I think is why I'm not playing this game for the second time from the start, once is enough, even though I failed terribly from time to time.

Cheers Tie. :D

Ross42899
26th Oct 2015, 15:21
This is what I want an epilogue that shows and reflect your decision's. Maybe not to much as in the video. Dunno it felt great for me since I love happy endings but this a bit to much no offense! But i love it, it's really great I was crying because it is so long since I saw a happy ending like this one. :(

That's why an (official) epilogue slide show must be based on your previous decisions throughout the game. Taking the posted video as an example: Kate lives and managed to save some people of Arcadia Bay (because obviously Max warned her about the storm). If you let Kate die, there should be less survivors, as Kate couldn't lead them to a shelter. And so on and so on. So your decisions would matter at the end.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 15:47
That's why an (official) epilogue slide show must be based on your previous decisions throughout the game. Taking the posted video as an example: Kate lives and managed to save some people of Arcadia Bay (because obviously Max warned her about the storm). If you let Kate die, there should be less survivors, as Kate couldn't lead them to a shelter. And so on and so on. So your decisions would matter at the end.

Yes you are right it really need and I won't give up in hope that Dontnod will change/fix that, but it hurt so much I really want also to play it again and again and again
but something is stopping me. :(
I don't know but this game hits really on my emotions it's unbelievable, no other game since Dragon Age: Origins hit me like LiS did.

*moving to a corner, sit down and cry* ;(

JohnnyPepsi
26th Oct 2015, 17:09
Yes you are right it really need and I won't give up in hope that Dontnod will change/fix that, but it hurt so much I really want also to play it again and again and again
but something is stopping me. :(
I don't know but this game hits really on my emotions it's unbelievable, no other game since Dragon Age: Origins hit me like LiS did.

*moving to a corner, sit down and cry* ;(

It truly did. While it had me, it had me. Episode Four, in and of itself, is the best time and money I spent on video games all year. The tone went from Steel Magnolias to Se7en so gradually that I didn't even notice it while it was happening, and nothing felt forced or false. That requires mastery that few games possess even at their best.

It's my own fault, I guess. If you display excellence, I'm eventually going to start expecting it. Silly me, right?

Tataboj
26th Oct 2015, 18:37
Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win. Just like in the movies and most of good stories, you don't win here. And you want the good ending. But that works only in RPGs - bad ending, better ending, neutral ending, funny ending, good ending. This doesn't work in movie adventure games.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 18:49
It truly did. While it had me, it had me. Episode Four, in and of itself, is the best time and money I spent on video games all year. The tone went from Steel Magnolias to Se7en so gradually that I didn't even notice it while it was happening, and nothing felt forced or false. That requires mastery that few games possess even at their best.

It's my own fault, I guess. If you display excellence, I'm eventually going to start expecting it. Silly me, right?

Indeed this is so true I also was in a moment like "wait, what the ... how is that happening so fast?"
I mean it just get you slowly and then just poof next stage. :O
and you are not silly thats for sure.

But I don't know if you know "gronkh" a german let's player who played Life is Strange as well and he said in the end of ep. 5

I translate as my best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0A2PSWbRO4
"What I don't understand is, why did Dontnod just listed it as a five episodic game? This is for sure they had to work so fast, it would be better if they let the amount of episodes open start with one episode or just say episode one and just take their time for next episode and so on and let it go until they are saying okay makes no sense mor we need to make an end at episode 7 or for example ..."

And he also said "I will try to contact Dontnod or even Square Enix to do it for a season 2 *smiled*." Is a nice idea from him.

Lehkeri
26th Oct 2015, 18:51
Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win. Just like in the movies and most of good stories, you don't win here. And you want the good ending. But that works only in RPGs - bad ending, better ending, neutral ending, funny ending, good ending. This doesn't work in movie adventure games.

It's not about winning, at least not to me. It's about the lack of information I, as a player, get from the ending I chose. Sure, open-ended endings are fine, when you leave something to the imagination, which in my case is what happens after. But I want to know what happened before they drove off. Who died? Everyone? If so, tell us. Who survived? No one? If so, tell us. How much time passed between the tornado and the drive scene? Why didn't they stop? Where are they going? Where did Chloe get that ring? Why aren't there any emergency people, especially when the weather anomaly was national news. Did Blackwell get destroyed, even though it's far away from the coast.

I'm fine with leaving something to the imagination. But not this much. I just replayed the whole game from EP1 to EP5 and I have to say, EP5 was a disappointment. I don't want to say it, but that's how I feel. I loved this game. When EP1 came out, I bought two season passes (for myself and my wife) and 15 copies of EP1 for my friends. I raved about this game that it's my GOTY 2015. But now...

... I don't know.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 19:03
It's not about winning, at least not to me. It's about the lack of information I, as a player, get from the ending I chose. Sure, open-ended endings are fine, when you leave something to the imagination, which in my case is what happens after. But I want to know what happened before they drove off. Who died? Everyone? If so, tell us. Who survived? No one? If so, tell us. How much time passed between the tornado and the drive scene? Why didn't they stop? Where are they going? Where did Chloe get that ring? Why aren't there any emergency people, especially when the weather anomaly was national news. Did Blackwell get destroyed, even though it's far away from the coast.

I'm fine with leaving something to the imagination. But not this much. I just replayed the whole game from EP1 to EP5 and I have to say, EP5 was a disappointment. I don't want to say it, but that's how I feel. I loved this game. When EP1 came out, I bought two season passes (for myself and my wife) and 15 copies of EP1 for my friends. I raved about this game that it's my GOTY 2015. But now...

... I don't know.

Yes it is way to much this ending could meaning everything and as someone said "Only the artist/author can see it from his own side, but not the reader" something like that the guy who said that needs a god damn medal!

BTW: I changed the line from Chloe's statemant which get's the ending. "buh-ja Max you can f*** up time, rewind back and it's like it never happened." = Sacrifice Chloe ending

Tataboj
26th Oct 2015, 19:17

... I don't know.

I am satisfied with my ending, though I chose to save Arcadia Bay. I was really angry when I finished Polarized but that was because I was too fixed on the choices. For example, when Max got to San Francisco, I didn't think for a second that she will stay there, because she needs to be in my timeline. My only big complaint to the ending is its predictability (and the nightmare was too long). Still, it is the greatest experience I've ever had with a videogame.

JohnnyPepsi
26th Oct 2015, 20:39
To those who contribute dissatisfaction with the endings to mere saltiness, I must ask: Why was the last episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead so brilliant?

It's guilty of many of the same things that the last episode of Life is Strange is: chief among them boiling the game down to one choice, and putting the player in a situation where they "lose" no matter what. Yet the last episode of The Walking Dead is a masterpiece and the last episode of Life is Strange is (widely viewed as) a failure. Because The Walking Dead was about the same things in Episode Five as it was in Episode One. The Walking Dead brings up a theme? It develops and explores it. The Walking Dead raises tangible questions? It answers them.

While I'm on the subject (not to derail the thread too much, but it ties back in, I swear): Know why I initially picked up Life is Strange? Because it was the first big, direct competitor to Telltale Games. Know why you never hear about horror novels that aren't written by Stephen King? Because King is so prolific and his reputation is so sturdy that he can carry the genre all by himself. The same thing with Telltale and episodic adventure games. I wanted to support competition because it breeds innovation. I don't want just Telltale making this kind of game.

Now, nine months later, what do we have? A heavily alienated fanbase. Lackluster reviews. A producer on the game crying about said lackluster reviews on Twitter to the extent that two of those critics actually called him on it. A co-director OPENLY AND PUBLICLY ADMITTING that he didn't have enough money to finish the game the way he wanted to. After all this, do you think any major publisher is going to invest in an episodic adventure game in the near future? Or are they going to come to the conclusion that Telltale has the market cornered?

I'm not worried for Dontnod. They have that Hot Topic Dishonored vampire game for Focus coming in 2017 so at least, for the time being, they'll be fine. But for developers like The Odd Gentlemen and A Crowd of Monsters (the guys making King's Quest and Blues & Bullets, respectively)? I'm terrified. Dontnod may have screwed this for everyone else.

I don't know if Dontnod will modify the endings. I don't know if Dontnod will release another DLC episode. I don't know if they'll eschew both of those things and bring Max back in Life is Strange: Season Two. I don't know if they'll do anything at all.

But whatever they do decide, I hope they think long and hard before they do it. This action will have consequences. Not just for Dontnod. And they may not be good.

--TIE--
26th Oct 2015, 21:23

Win...its a big word. If win means some of my choices had an impact at the end...yes because thats why I play such games. If win means anything must end good...no. I dont need to win.

Lehkeri
26th Oct 2015, 22:46
Umm...

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrangeES/status/658016792623755264

Notice how the official Life is Strange twitter account has favorited this tweet?

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 22:51
I think this is a good thing, maybe Dontnod will see the merits of making the end and choices like they where originally planned, to flesh out the "Sacrifice Arcandia" and hopefully add a 3rd choice.

CrystalXPredator
26th Oct 2015, 23:01
Umm...

Notice how the official Life is Strange twitter account has favorited this tweet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo1pVvm5Lxg
Oh my gosh I ... I-I almost goosebumbs all over I am crying right now is ... is that a good sign?
I love this community and I am part of it. ♥♥♥♥

I think this is a good thing, maybe Dontnod will see the merits of making the end and choices like they where originally planned, to flesh out the "Sacrifice Arcandia" and hopefully add a 3rd choice.

I really hope so, I really do if they see it and and will think about it, it would be the best year ever for me a 3rd option is optional but I would accept it.

KristaD
26th Oct 2015, 23:07
I am not going to be surprised if they will do something about this if the community as a whole stands together on this, like with the petition that was launched and the trash talk regarding Dontnod will be kept to a bare minimum, and ME3 references erased from the archives, as I understand that ME3's ending (witch promised a different out come to the war based on you actions) is nothing similar to LiS's ending, even the games are nothing alike.

Tataboj
27th Oct 2015, 07:10
Win...its a big word. If win means some of my choices had an impact at the end...yes because thats why I play such games. If win means anything must end good...no. I dont need to win.

Well, that's a basic need of a player. Did you kill someone? Extra 100 points. When we play games, we usually want the beeping screen YOU WIN! in front of us. If you understand what I mean.

JohnnyPepsi
27th Oct 2015, 08:00
Umm...

I just hope the person running that account doesn't get reprimanded over this. I wouldn't read too much into it, as they may just be making the twitter rounds, favoriting everything even vaguely complimentary of the game...

But you never know.

--TIE--
27th Oct 2015, 10:03
Well, that's a basic need of a player. Did you kill someone? Extra 100 points. When we play games, we usually want the beeping screen YOU WIN! in front of us. If you understand what I mean.

Sure...but I think noone plays LIS bcs. he can win, or on the other hand everyone who plays the first episode must notice that this game isn´t about highscores. So I need to know what you mean with "win" in LIS relatet things bcs. you say the ppl dont like the Endings bcs. they cant win.

Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win.

I always though the ppl didn´t like the endings bcs. the lack of information and the lack of gamedecisions who count during your final binary option not bcs. they need to win the game. And thats why I (for me) neet to know how you would define win bcs. there are two sides of one medal (for me).

Like I say, if my choices from the game had any impact in the ending so I can see what I did, this is a form of winning for me. An always good ending who all are happy isnt needet and that dont mean winning to me in a games like LIS. So I think yes even if LIS had no highscores/points/xp or so I can win this game if it reflect some of my choices because I did what I did in the hope I can change something importand not its all burned down at the end. The Last question sacrifice Chloe/sacrifice Arcadia worked prefectly well right after the first (restroom scene) and I dont need to play the game for it...

uhhh...hopes that comes the right way...if not I try again :)

KristaD
27th Oct 2015, 10:15
Sure...but I think noone plays LIS bcs. he can win, or on the other hand everyone who plays the first episode must notice that this game isn´t about highscores. So I need to know what you mean with "win" in LIS relatet things bcs. you say the ppl dont like the Endings bcs. they cant win.

I always though the ppl didn´t like the endings bcs. the lack of information and the lack of gamedecisions who count during your final binary option not bcs. they need to win the game. And thats why I (for me) neet to know how you would define win bcs. there are two sides of one medal (for me).

Like I say, if my choices from the game had any impact in the ending so I can see what I did, this is a form of winning for me. An always good ending who all are happy isnt needet and that dont mean winning to me in a games like LIS. So I think yes even if LIS had no highscores/points/xp or so I can win this game if it reflect some of my choices because I did what I did in the hope I can change something importand not its all burned down at the end. The Last question sacrifice Chloe/sacrifice Arcadia worked prefectly well right after the first (restroom scene) and I dont need to play the game for it...

uhhh...hopes that comes the right way...if not I try again :)

People's attitude towards the end does reflect how the major AAA games have been made in the last 20 or so years, you are required to beat the game on the highest difficulty possible with the highest possible score. "Winning" Life is Strange is like winning This War of Mine where the objective is to get though to the other end of the civil war, and where the most difficult things in the game (at least for me) are the moral decisions, do I steal food so I can live, do I risk the life of one of my characters to save this girl, etc, etc.

I also have a gut feeling people don't like the uncertainty when playing through the game for the 1st time, there are no right answers and you can't predict the outcome of your actions.

Tataboj
27th Oct 2015, 10:23
But that's unfair in my opinion because no movie adventure game made your choices really count. In fact, I think LiS did it the best. Look at at Telltale. A choice makes like one dialogue change. In LiS are almost completely different conversations depending on your choices. And her life will continue differently depending on what you chose, for example if Max fell in love with Warren, she will fall in love with him in real reality (I am pretty sure he won't resist ;)). And so on.

--TIE--
27th Oct 2015, 10:24
People's attitude towards the end does reflect how the major AAA games have been made in the last 20 or so years, you are required to beat the game on the highest difficulty possible with the highest possible score.

Ooookay :) my fault. I dont play games like this bcs. real life had enought tough challanges so I play my games to relax *g* and not to beat the hardest enemy, be the best player or made a playthrough on the highes difficult level to be happy. So the classical winning wasn´t in my mind, and I dont understand that ppl who are used to win, will miss that in LIS :)

KristaD
27th Oct 2015, 10:28
Ooookay :) my fault. I dont play games like this bcs. real life had enought tough challanges so I play my games to relax *g* and not to beat the hardest enemy, be the best player or made a playthrough on the highes difficult level to be happy. So the classical winning wasn´t in my mind, and I dont understand that ppl who are used to win, will miss that in LIS :)

You should look up some "rogue" type of games, those can have some interesting things in them , like Dungeon of the Endless or Darkest Dungeon. I'll also mention James Recommends (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5DNVpOci8qhGuI4mFYcIm4V), there are some very interesting games there. There is no need to despair. :)

--TIE--
27th Oct 2015, 10:37
I played arround a little bit with Darkest Dungeon and I didn´t like it at all (or at the actual status). The hire ´n fire mechanic of the game beat´s me out. I (<- me) dont need to win the dungeon but the game force me to do this bcs. I dont got not enought money to keep my heros sane and alive if I surrender. My uper class heroes cant go back to lower dungeons, may lower heroes arent worth it that you spend thousend of coins only for "drinking" (praying and so on) bcs. they are mad allready. Thats too heavy for me *g* It was fine until my heroes reach the 4th lvl, after it I only struck and had to abandon each dungeon or lost the whole crew.

KristaD
27th Oct 2015, 10:50
I played arround a little bit with Darkest Dungeon and I didn´t like it at all (or at the actual status). The hire ´n fire mechanic of the game beat´s me out. I (<- me) dont need to win the dungeon but the game force me to do this bcs. I dont got not enought money to keep my heros sane and alive if I surrender. My uper class heroes cant go back to lower dungeons, may lower heroes arent worth it that you spend thousend of coins only for "drinking" (praying and so on) bcs. they are mad allready. Thats too heavy for me *g* It was fine until my heroes reach the 4th lvl, after it I only struck and had to abandon each dungeon or lost the whole crew.

Sounds like this isn't your cup of tea. :) That game is ruthless to say the least.

MCMLXX
28th Oct 2015, 23:11
Agreed.

idem!

Lehkeri
28th Oct 2015, 23:21
I shall link this here as well. Sorry about the "spam"

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/659242384388173824

I still believe in show and tell. Too much uncertainty, especially that shows out-of-character actions, is a bad thing. In my opinion.

Dire87
29th Oct 2015, 03:13
I shall link this here as well. Sorry about the "spam"

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/659242384388173824

I still believe in show and tell. Too much uncertainty, especially that shows out-of-character actions, is a bad thing. In my opinion.

I have to agree here. You just can't justify everyone else simply dying or being non-existant anymore. What about Chloe's mom? What about all of Max' friends? Can you even justify an ending in which all of those factors are non-existant? I'm ok with CM moving on, sure, but I'm sad to see everyone else just...dunno...disappear. That means both of them are lunatics, the way they can act about it.

Tataboj
29th Oct 2015, 07:23
I have to agree here. You just can't justify everyone else simply dying or being non-existant anymore. What about Chloe's mom? What about all of Max' friends? Can you even justify an ending in which all of those factors are non-existant? I'm ok with CM moving on, sure, but I'm sad to see everyone else just...dunno...disappear. That means both of them are lunatics, the way they can act about it.

If you're thinking about it that way, then you should have never sacrificed Arcadia Bay.

Dire87
29th Oct 2015, 17:57
If you're thinking about it that way, then you should have never sacrificed Arcadia Bay.

And that is where I disagree. Who would do that? Would you really choose your 1 friend over all those other friends and family? Maybe, but unlikely, especially when you have the power to rewind (and not really suffering from it apart from the unresolved nose bleeds...I was expecting more out of those). It's just a very unnatural ending in my opinion. Since it's an opinion you can of course have another one, but this is mine. It doesn't make sense. It would only make sense in accepting your fate (defeat), but I guess after you did that you would be devastated by all the people you just "killed". So, again, I think either sacrificing Chloe (with the reason being apparent that this would save Arcadia Bay) or sacrificing yourself would be better. I would also not take the "Save Chloe" ending out, I'd just do it very differently...basically saving Chloe breaks Max. Maybe it still will, but you don't see it. But again, just my opinion.

Ross42899
29th Oct 2015, 21:35

The Tornado was devastating, yes. There should be lots of casualties, yes. And I was totally aware, that I sacrificed many people, so Chloe could live at the end.

But there should also be at least some survivors. Everyone dead seems a bit too unrealistic to me. It took some time for the storm to hit town. So some people might have escaped or hid in their cellars. IMO there should definitely be some survivors. I simply don't like, if such - in my opininon- vital parts of a story are bascially left up to our imagination. I like to have definite answers about who lives and who dies in-game and not make it up in my personal "fanon".

--TIE--
29th Oct 2015, 21:46
I like to have definite answers about who lives and who dies in-game and not make it up in my personal "fanon".

Very much this...at least Chloe will look for Joyce and (maybe even) David. Max I am sure will look for Warren and so on...simply think or state they are all dead but we dont tell it...ahh...no...bad style.

Tataboj
29th Oct 2015, 21:59
And that is where I disagree. Who would do that? Would you really choose your 1 friend over all those other friends and family? Maybe, but unlikely, especially when you have the power to rewind (and not really suffering from it apart from the unresolved nose bleeds...I was expecting more out of those). It's just a very unnatural ending in my opinion. Since it's an opinion you can of course have another one, but this is mine. It doesn't make sense. It would only make sense in accepting your fate (defeat), but I guess after you did that you would be devastated by all the people you just "killed". So, again, I think either sacrificing Chloe (with the reason being apparent that this would save Arcadia Bay) or sacrificing yourself would be better. I would also not take the "Save Chloe" ending out, I'd just do it very differently...basically saving Chloe breaks Max. Maybe it still will, but you don't see it. But again, just my opinion.

I have the same point of view, but as you can see, 50% did sacrifice the entire town.

Tataboj
29th Oct 2015, 22:00

I have the same point of view, but as you can see, 50% did sacrifice the entire town, so for the half of the people it wasn't unnatural choice. :)

KristaD
29th Oct 2015, 22:05
I'm a bit curious does it matter if the choices divide equally ?

Dire87
30th Oct 2015, 01:00
I'm a but curious does it matter if the choices divide equally ?

a) No, it doesn't
b) People don't know what to expect from an ending and will do anything to save Chloe, I mean it's a game after all
c) We don't even know if it's 50-50. Everyone here played through both endings (I guess), so does that choice count twice then? Or does only the first choice count. What if you start another playthrough with another save slot? I guess it counts as another made choice...so really I have no idea how the system even works.

Most importantly, point b applies. It's a game. The question is would it be logical for a real person to act this way?

Tataboj
30th Oct 2015, 07:24
a) No, it doesn't
b) People don't know what to expect from an ending and will do anything to save Chloe, I mean it's a game after all
c) We don't even know if it's 50-50. Everyone here played through both endings (I guess), so does that choice count twice then? Or does only the first choice count. What if you start another playthrough with another save slot? I guess it counts as another made choice...so really I have no idea how the system even works.

Most importantly, point b applies. It's a game. The question is would it be logical for a real person to act this way?

I, for example, saved Arcadia Bay and then watched the second ending on YouTube.

Dire87
30th Oct 2015, 09:08
I, for example, saved Arcadia Bay and then watched the second ending on YouTube.

Alright, point taken. I invested the 2 minutes to watch the other ending in game. And I'd assume that's what most people do or will do eventually in another playthrough.

KristaD
30th Oct 2015, 09:16
a) No, it doesn't

I'm not sure if any logic would apply when it comes to choosing an ending, at least for me. Too much feely stuff getting in the way to put logic to good use. This isn't a math problem after all.

Lehkeri
30th Oct 2015, 19:24
This poll is quite telling :D

http://strawpoll.me/5867245
(If an Extended Cut/DLC was released for Life Is Strange, what would you want to see the most from the endings)

Arcadiagamer
31st Oct 2015, 01:05
People, i recommend to you all watch steins;gate xD. It's very similar to LIS in any aspects.

KristaD
31st Oct 2015, 01:09
People, i recommend to you all watch steins;gate xD. It's very similar to LIS in any aspects.

I take it you are referring to the anime, though some console owners might want to pick up the game as well. :)

Arcadiagamer
31st Oct 2015, 01:11
Yes, i was referring to the anime, good point, the game it's on consoles and PC too in english. Both are good, the anime or the game.

VictorWeikum
6th Nov 2015, 09:39
New ending? Episode 5 looks like the middle of the story, before it all gets cutted by developers through Warren's mouth.

Nareull
15th Nov 2015, 23:11
One ending that is so common to all Butterfly effect movies and which would've fit perfectly here is one where Max actually sacrifices herself. This doesn't necessarily mean she needs to let Nathan gun her down instead of Chloe. I'm thinking of an ending a.k.a. Butterfly Effect 1 ...where the protagonist, after trying a million times to save his beloved Kayleigh, goes back in time and prevents them from falling in love at all. He suffers because he wants to be with her, but knows that it's the only way for her to be happy. He sacrificed part of himself, not her or anybody else. This is the kind of self-sacrifice I mean.